Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Forum PM issues and fatal errors are now fixed
    • Hello, ZU. The maintenance is over and we're working again without the bugs that were keeping us from using key site features. I had a fairly smooth time swapping out some components of our infrastructure, and I'm confident with the results. The maintenance time was approximately twelve hours from when we first went down to when I brought us back online.

As a result of this fix, you should no longer receive any errors involving mysql. Anything that was telling you that the server went away should now be safe. If you have any questions related to the downtime or the bug that I patched, please ask away!
      (former) Technical administrator and developer for Zelda Universe and Zelda Wiki.
      Want to know more about ZW? Read up!
    • Righty-o, so I 'ave a question about the PM fix, and if this isn't where I'd ask about it, then I do apologize. Anywho, it does seem to go quite smoothly for the most part, but all of a sudden I've found that larger messages in a PM conversation just won't show up for whatever reason. You can still quote these messages though, and putting some of the stuff in a spoiler tag will also cancel out it all disappearing, it's just something that suddenly began to occur at some point the other day. I dunno if it's just happening to my account all of a sudden or if it's something that can happen to everyone, but messages that are say at least around 1, 500 characters long (with spaces included) just don't show up, is there maybe a glitch in the new PM fix causing this? :s

The post was edited 2 times, last by Lord Vain ().

• Lord Vain wrote:

Righty-o, so I 'ave a question about the PM fix, and if this isn't where I'd ask about it, then I do apologize. Anywho, it does seem to go quite smoothly for the most part, but all of a sudden I've found that larger messages in a PM conversation just won't show up for whatever reason. You can still quote these messages though, and putting some of the stuff in a spoiler tag will also cancel out it all disappearing, it's just something that suddenly began to occur at some point the other day. I dunno if it's just happening to my account all of a sudden or if it's something that can happen to everyone, but messages that are say at least around 1, 500 characters long (with spaces included) just don't show up, is there maybe a glitch in the new PM fix causing this? :s

That's... odd. I don't think it's related to the fix, because the fix was to swap out a bugged piece of software. Can you send me a screenshot? I have a suspicion it's a style thing.

Floki Laufeyson wrote:

still cant change our avatars tho

I haven't heard of this issue, yet. Can you tell me specifics?
      (former) Technical administrator and developer for Zelda Universe and Zelda Wiki.
      Want to know more about ZW? Read up!

Post by Francis ().

This post was deleted by Avalanchemike: Please do not do this. ().
    • I'm still receiving "fatal error" messages. I can receive new PM's, but I can't seem to look at my old ones, or any that I received during this period where the PM's weren't working for most of us. Every time I try and click on one I receive a "fatal error" message. Thanks for the help! :D
      W h e n i t r a i n s , l o o k f o r r a i n b o w s ,

W h e n i t ' s d a r k , l o o k f o r s t a r s .
    • @LadyZelda

Cody wrote:

If you got a PM during the issue that you can't get rid of the notification for, you can just select them from the conversations page and choose to hide/mark as read.

Avalanchemike wrote:

Hiding doesn't work, you'll have to leave the convo entirely to have it removed from your notification

“Gandalf put his hand on Pippin's head. "There never was much hope," he answered. "Just a fool's hope, as I have been told.”
      ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King

• Justin ZW wrote:

Floki Laufeyson wrote:

still cant change our avatars tho

I haven't heard of this issue, yet. Can you tell me specifics?

Well its just like, i go to upload a new avatar, the box pops up to choose one. However, the page acts like you havent done that even after you have chosen an avatar. (or it will hang)

Badges and Awards

Voted: Coolest Member, Most Likely To Win The Lottery, Most Likely To Take Over The World, Best at GIFs, and Could be Related To [Moriquendi] in Farore Awards.