Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Dear ZU~ <3
  • Hi everyone! Liah here.

So, this is a thing to basically say I'm stepping down as Head Admin/Community Coordinator. The mods knew this was gonna happen a few months ago, though I confirmed it finally happening about a week ago.

I've been doing this for... jeez, I dunno, four years? Lol. It's been a hella crazy ride and I've made lots of wonderful connections, friendships, bonds and helped to build several sub-communities that I adore wholly, and will prob always adore!

But really, this thread is basically to say thanks to all of you who either worked with me at any point, accepted me as a leader, or even FOUGHT with me because every experience counts with learning, and contributing to who I am right now, as a ZUer or friend or even as a person. It's all relative and appreciated dearly.

To the mods, now and past: I know I haven't always been the best leader lol, in that I have a ferocious temper and haven't always made the best decisions, but for the most part you guys put a lot of faith in me, and that faith helped spur me on whenever I started getting all big, fat baby about things. And I do that often! Haha because I am a moody, prissy arteest who sometimes need to be coddled, but you guys helped me to help others, and if I have done ANYTHING good in the last few years, it could not NOT have been done without you. Because you guys have made every step I've taken on this cray-cray journey worth it. Sincerely, I love you <3. Thank you for being the best team I could've asked for.

To the admin, now and past: I was able to learn from the likes of, say, Xeno or Eric, and even had peeps like Mihalis set up things before I got to take to the floor. Also, there were others like Mel and Rachel who I bonded with, and learnt a lot from in regards to showing mercy and kindness. Right now, I have Michael, Spagh and Josh, who have all been really supportive and generous and willing to hear me out time and time again, or to take things from me when I was too stressed/upset to deal with stuff. I am not a one-man army, and I never have been, and it's through having a solid foundation on which I can build that I was able to build anything at all. So thanks. You crazy shits lol. You're amazing.

To the other leaders I've had a chance to work with, especially Tony/Shona:
    I know I'm not exactly the most social person in the leaders chat lol >.> but you guys have always been good to respond or support whenever it's needed. You care for ZU, and that's what we have in common, and to people like Tony and Shona, I made friends too :) So I wish you guys all the best with your future plans for ZU, in your areas, and hope for every success in your direction.

To Jason: I don't always agree, and uh, I haven't always been the friendliest person, in calls especially lol >.> but you could've removed me at any time, straight up, but you didn't, even when I was in full-on attack mode. Thank you for the opportunity to lead.

To Cody: Oh man. We've had, like, a million fights with me in this position xD. And we always end up being big fat gay friends at the end of it. You're one of those people that I hope to remain friends with, even after I've moved on from ZU.

You've always been there for me, given advice when I need it, stood up for me when I've felt singled out/misunderstood. We don't always see eye to eye, but straight up TRUTH: ZU is lucky to have you. You are an incredible asset to this community, and I'm not quite sure what it'd do without you lmao. Thanks for being the person who had enough faith in me to do this job, all those years ago, when you offered it to me. Sure, I've had upsets along the way, we both have, but you do understand that Thing; why I love the community. So really. Thanks.

To Michael: YOOOUUU. YOU BETRAYED MEEEEE.

Seriously though lmao. For everything. For the shoulder to cry on. The comfort when I'm being a petulant crybaby. The strength when I'm like yeah nah fuck this. The enthusiasm when I have new ideas. The friendship that you've remained steadfast with no matter what.

Thank you <3.

To the MAFIA COMMUNITY: Believe it or not, but I prob would've stepped down sooner were it not for you xD. You guys reinvigorated my passion to be an admin here! Because you're the goddamn BOMB. So for the inspiration--thx baez <3.

----

So like, I can ttly openly say this now but holy SHIT when I first took up this position 4ish years ago, I didn't have a goddamn clue with what I was doing LMAO. Cody handed me this role and said "good luck" and I said "what do I do???" and he said "I dunno, stuff?? You're in charge." And so I walked into staff and started fumbling around, acting more confident than I actually was, and hoped that people would accept that?? xD Fortunately, most did! And my bullshitting ended up doing some really good stuff in the process. I mean, it was GREAT bullshit, but bullshit nonetheless. So there you have it, the foundation of my administration is "Liah had no idea what was happening and she made shit up." Aw yiss.

I've made some really great bonds while in this position that I otherwise wouldn't have made. I treasure those dearly. I also lost several friends who didn't like the fact that I was an admin, or I had to act as one. Some friends I was really close to, too. But I'm afraid that just comes with the territory, though I hope with those whose friendship kinda vanished for us, that you understand now that I meant nothing personal, or anything malicious, when I had to act as an admin. I hope you are well and wish you nothing but the best. I mean that with all my heart.

And that's it basically! Oh, and there's some talks about me possibly taking up another position on ZU that focuses exclusively on community-building, but I'm unsure if that's really what I wanna do. I'll give it some time.

So for the good. The ugly. The mundane, The enlightening. The stupid. The godawful. The upsets. The fun. The laughter. But above all.

For all the love <3

Thank you Zelda Universe, with all my heart.

Peace,
    -Liah <3
  • So Liah has been the best goddamn admin these forums have ever had. That's probably something of a bold claim. It's also a very true claim. I've been here for a decade and I've seen no one with the drive and passion Liah has.

In my eight years as a mod, the mod team has often been a complete mess; under her, it's become the most cohesive mess it's ever been. She's been consistently fair, and remarkably patient when it was really necessary. She's made mistakes, but she's always owed up to them.

Thank you for everything you've done for ZU.

<3

Also:

Malia wrote:

To the MAFIA COMMUNITY: Believe it or not, but I prob would've stepped down sooner were it not for you xD. You guys reinvigorated my passion to be an admin here! Because you're the goddamn BOMB.
    Well, Foo certainly was, last game. Not that it end up doing him much good, though. :p
  • So Liah has been the best goddamn admin these forums have ever had.​

You always gave us your best. You never truly half-assed anything. Without Liah, a lot of us would not have kept coming to ol' Zed Yew. It wont be quite the same without ye.
    <333

thanks for being the biggest bamf i ever knew!

Badges and Awards

Voted: Coolest Member, Most Likely To Win The Lottery, Most Likely To Take Over The World, Best at GIFs, and Could be Related To [Moriquendi] in Farore Awards.

• Is this a time to post the song My Heart Will Go On? lol

In all seriousness though, whether you knew what you were doing in the start isn't as important I guess, it was a learning experience for you and you certainly made it work in the end. Four years though, eh? Guess you may have just gotten the position a year or so before I joined then, considering that I became a member in 2012 at some point. Even at that time I'd say you were quite welcoming and well-versed in your line of work, so at that point you were clearly more into the swing of things, for as long as I've known you I can honestly say that you were a pretty down-to-earth and reasonable woman.

Through thick and thin for the win, you tried to do your best for the community and were never really intimidating or whatever unless someone gave you a reason to be that way, and whoever would even be in their right mind to try to push you that far was really not someone who had a good understanding of just who you are. lol Granted, even we had a few moments that were a bit ehhh between us, but I never truly meant ill intent and would try to apologize sincerely when required. So, overall you did a damn fine job and it was even nice the time you and Mike occasionally visited us in the Count Thread awhile back, I still remember that time. Heheh, in the end they're all memories made. Thanks for everything and enjoy this retirement from stuff, I'll be seeing you around. Oh, and just for old time's sake, here's a some sunshine for you...

Hell, consider it a Gold Medal even if you want to I guess, you did pretty good from start to finish as far as I could tell--as far as everyone could tell really, and if someone were to actually suggest otherwise I can't imagine people taking them seriously at all. :p

The post was edited 3 times, last by Lord Vain ().

• Posted this yesterday, but it didn't go through...

Liah, I am so sad that you are stepping down. Thank you for all of the wonderful work you've done here, there's way too much to list so I will especially say thanks for welcoming my old forum staff back in 2011 and helping integrate them into the community here, as well as being so open to ideas on how we did things at TSR. Even though we never got the databases to merge together due to server issues, the people were more important to me and I never had to worry about that. As a webmaster, it's always been important to me to have a great place where Zelda fans can share their love of the series and feel at home (not to mention, forums have been a huge part of my life personally). The ZU community is a wonderful place and I had no hesitation in joining up with it. And thank you for your generosity last year when I commissioned you to make a MM cap for that kid with cancer on behalf of ZU <3

You've been an incredible leader and mentor to so many people and you've probably touched more lives than you realise! And on a personal level, it's been great getting to know you better on ZU and working with you and I hope that if we're ever in the same part of the world we can hang out.

Stay amazing and I wish you all the best in everything you do xoxo
    A famous explorer once said, that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.

• I didn't really start to get to know you really until I joined the Paper Mafio game. I regret not joining mafia sooner and also not getting to know you sooner.

From what I know of you, I can only say that more people need to be like you. You honest, open approach to life is more than refreshing and should be embraced.

I didn't really know you as your head honcho role, but from what I have seen from other people, I can safely say ZU would not be where it is today without you.

Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world
    Come check out our little business - Birdie B Bath Bombs

The post was edited 1 time, last by Big Daddy Biggles ().

• SacredSturgeon wrote:

So Liah has been the best goddamn admin these forums have ever had. That's probably something of a bold claim. It's also a very true claim. I've been here for a decade and I've seen no one with the drive and passion Liah has.

In my eight years as a mod, the mod team has often been a complete mess; under her, it's become the most cohesive mess it's ever been. She's been consistently fair, and remarkably patient when it was really necessary. She's made mistakes, but she's always owed up to them.

Thank you for everything you've done for ZU.

<3

Also:

Malia wrote:

To the MAFIA COMMUNITY: Believe it or not, but I prob would've stepped down sooner were it not for you xD. You guys reinvigorated my passion to be an admin here! Because you're the goddamn BOMB.
    Well, Foo certainly was, last game. Not that it end up doing him much good, though. :p
    Ah, hey Sturs! That's awfully flattering, and I appreciate the compliment dearly, though what I did wasn't without both SD and Cody paving the way for me first--open acknowledgement. But you lot made it all worth it, so xoxoxox.

Asta wrote:

Thank you so, so much for everything you've done for us as admin Liah! <3
    Forever welcomed <3

Justin ZW wrote:

It's been a pleasure having you as a leader, Liah. Even when we fought each other, we still came out of it without grudges in the end. Enjoy your retirement, dear friend; you earned the hell out of it!
    I appreciate that Justin.

Floki Laufeyson wrote:

So Liah has been the best goddamn admin these forums have ever had.

You always gave us your best. You never truly half-assed anything. Without Liah, a lot of us would not have kept coming to ol' Zed Yew. It wont be quite the same without ye.
    <333

thanks for being the biggest bamf i ever knew!
    People like you made it all the while worth it, I promise!

Lord Vain wrote:

Is this a time to post the song My Heart Will Go On? lol

In all seriousness though, whether you knew what you were doing in the start isn't as important I guess, it was a learning experience for you and you certainly made it work in the end. Four years though, eh? Guess you may have just gotten the position a year or so before I joined then, considering that I became a member in 2012 at some point. Even at that time I'd say you were quite welcoming and well-versed in your line of work, so at that point you were clearly more into the swing of things, for as long as I've known you I can honestly say that you were a pretty down-to-earth and reasonable woman.

Through thick and thin for the win, you tried to do your best for the community and were never really intimidating or whatever unless someone gave you a reason to be that way, and whoever would even be in their right mind to try to push you that far was really not someone who had a good understanding of just who you are. lol Granted, even we had a few moments that were a bit ehhh between us, but I never truly meant ill intent and would try to apologize sincerely when required. So, overall you did a damn fine job and it was even nice the time you and Mike occasionally visited us in the Count Thread awhile back, I still remember that time. Heheh, in the end they're all memories made. Thanks for everything and enjoy this retirement from stuff, I'll be seeing you around. Oh, and just for old time's sake, here's a some sunshine for you...

Hell, consider it a Gold Medal even if you want to I guess, you did pretty good from start to finish as far as I could tell--as far as everyone could tell really, and if someone were to actually suggest otherwise I can't imagine people taking them seriously at all. :p
    Thanks for the understanding with the rougher times. And for the kind words :) I'm not sure I can write something to match that haha but the feelings are sincere, I promise.

Shona wrote:

Posted this yesterday, but it didn't go through...

Liah, I am so sad that you are stepping down. Thank you for all of the wonderful work you've done here, there's way too much to list so I will especially say thanks for welcoming my old forum staff back in 2011 and helping integrate them into the community here, as well as being so open to ideas on how we did things at TSR. Even though we never got the databases to merge together due to server issues, the people were more important to me and I never had to worry about that. As a webmaster, it's always been important to me to have a great place where Zelda fans can share their love of the series and feel at home (not to mention, forums have been a huge part of my life personally). The ZU community is a wonderful place and I had no hesitation in joining up with it. And thank you for your generosity last year when I commissioned you to make a MM cap for that kid with cancer on behalf of ZU <3

You've been an incredible leader and mentor to so many people and you've probably touched more lives than you realise! And on a personal level, it's been great getting to know you better on ZU and working with you and I hope that if we're ever in the same part of the world we can hang out.

Stay amazing and I wish you all the best in everything you do xoxo
    Ah Shona, while I had my grrrr moments on Slack lol it was really worth it to meet you and Tony. You guys are great. ZU is more than lucky to have you <3

NeonGreenSheep wrote:

We'll miss your leadership Liah. I hope the best for your future endeavors and you better not totally leave ZU cause we will have to start a revolt if that happens.
    My fave sheepie in the world, and that's saying a lot because I'm from New Zealand where apparently there's way too many sheep lmao. Thanks <3

Moriquendi wrote:

Thank you for all that you have done for us up through the years :)

I really have appreciated your presence here and it would not have been the same without you. Many otter hugs for you and best of luck onwards^^

(I'm very happy you'll be staying with us *nods*)
    You've always been kind and supportive of me, Lars, and it's deeply, deeply valued and appreciated. Thank you for being an amazing member that has always been a pleasure to interact with!

Dark Link Reigns wrote:

I didn't really start to get to know you really until I joined the Paper Mafio game. I regret not joining mafia sooner and also not getting to know you sooner.

From what I know of you, I can only say that more people need to be like you. You honest, open approach to life is more than refreshing and should be embraced.

I didn't really know you as your head honcho role, but from what I have seen from other people, I can safely say ZU would not be where it is today without you.
    Awh <3 I'm glad you joined Mafia! Best debut performance for that entire game. And hey, we should prob get to VMing and getting to know each other anyways! You seem pretty cool ^_^

Thanks everybody <3
  • When I came back in 2012 (or perhaps it was 2013) after being gone for a year or two, I have to say I was impressed by the changes I noticed. The community definitely felt more friendly and civilized than I had remembered it. In addition to that discussions felt more open or free, I mean I remember a time when we couldn't have a chit chat thread because it'd have been considered spammy, or when we couldn't discuss certain topics because they were considered taboo.

I also think that you've made great improvements to staff, and I've enjoyed working with you for sure.

You've brought something significantly positive to the forums, it's not hard to see why a lot of ZUers like you. I don't even think this post properly puts to light what you've done here.
    It's not even just what you've done in terms of work here, but also your personality, your views, and friendliness. You may not have noticed but I've learned some things from watching you.
    I think others have definitely contributed to the forums as well, and I don't want to undermine their efforts, but this is your thread after all. :P

I still remember when you were new (or somewhat new?) and now you're a retired big baws. Shieeet.

I hope you stick around :)

The post was edited 5 times, last by Ich Will ().

• It's been what? Two or three years since I stopped trolling. I don't know. Seems like it's been quite a while.
    But thanks for whipping into the shape I am today. Glad my trolling days are over. I understand why it's not acceptable. And it's thanks to you and the rest of the ZU team keeping me in check.

You did awesome!

-Hatsune Miku
  • Malia wrote:

Thanks for the understanding with the rougher times. And for the kind words :) I'm not sure I can write something to match that haha but the feelings are sincere, I promise.

You're most welcome, twas always a pleasure. Oh, and don't worry about writing something to match what all I said or whatever, I can get a bit carried away at times when I have a lot to say. lol Also, yeah, I would've know that your feelings were sincere whether you tried to ensure me or not, you're a good person. Hakuna Matata. Oh, and also...

Malia wrote:

Oh lmao Radek, I didn't even see your post because you did that while I was replying. But nah, I'm not that important.

Malia wrote:

But nah, I'm not that important.

Malia wrote:

I'm not that important.

You wot, mate? lol That doesn't make any sense, I mean...you're even a Disney Princess! //shot

In all seriousness though, you're bloody well very important, don't you ever go thinking otherwise, you hear? Did a damn fine job of running the place and being a driving force of good for the forum and its community, honest. Guess maybe I actually looked into that too much and got carried away again, but whatever, just know that you're totes super special awesome. :>

The post was edited 5 times, last by Lord Vain ().

• Malia wrote:

Awh <3 I'm glad you joined Mafia! Best debut performance for that entire game. And hey, we should prob get to VMing and getting to know each other anyways! You seem pretty cool ^_^

Thanks everybody <3

Dawwhhh shucks! You're making me blush over here. I'd gladly get to know you better - would certainly make me happier knowing someone like you is part of my life - I feel you would have certain wisdom to impart upon me.

Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world
    Come check out our little business - Birdie B Bath Bombs