Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Impaz's and Fanadi's letters in Twilight Princess?
    • It is not allowed to discuss on how to aquire illegal content on these public forums, we can't however control what you do in personal conversations.
      Not sure if a specific save-file is illegal though... :S
      But best keep it on the safe side and only discuss it without talking on how to acquire it.
      Clarification: you can discuss rooms and emulators, but not how to aquire them.

Quoted rule in question:
      Display Spoiler

• No linking to illegal content/ROMs/Emulators/discussing HOW to obtain illegal content (4 points - instban): Linking to illegal content is a big fat no-no on ZU, as well as discussing the means in which you can obtain this illegal material. However, this should not be mistaken for discussions in general about this topic--those are fine so long as you are not linking to illegal material or tipping people off with the channels where you would acquire it. Duration of infraction: three months. Instaban in serious cases.

:)

Edit: other mods have enlightened me that pure save files are not illegal to share. :)
      Signature made by Sólsetur

The post was edited 1 time, last by HollowmanOfEoL ().

• HollowmanOfEoL wrote:

Edit: other mods have enlightened me that pure save files are not illegal to share. :)
      Sweet! Only problem is it says that my file is invalid on this forum, probably because it's a .gci file.

Is there anyplace I could post it so people who have the North American GC version have access to it if they want to try?

The post was edited 3 times, last by TheLegendofZelda30 ().

• TheLegendofZelda30 wrote:

Sweet! Only problem is it says that my file is invalid on this forum, probably because it's a .gci file.
      Is there anyplace I could post it so people who have the North American GC version have access to it if they want to try?
      You could rename it to a .doc or whatever works, then let us rename it back to .gci after downloading. ;) That should work, right?

Not that I'll be likely to use it, because I'll be starting TPHD within a few days.
      100% | Finished | Now playing:
      TLoZ | 2nd Q | TAoL | ALttP | LA | LA DX | OoT | OoT MQ | MM | OoA | OoS | ALttP (GBA) | FS | TWW | FSA | TMC | TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT 3D | FS AE | SS | ALBW | MM 3D | TFH | TP HD | BotW
    • I asked my fellow PodSmasher Frank from Germany. He's pretty much a walking Zelda encyclopedia; he never heard of these 2 letters though. So no help there.
      TLoZ | 2nd Q | TAoL | ALttP | LA | LA DX | OoT | OoT MQ | MM | OoA | OoS | ALttP (GBA) | FS | TWW | FSA | TMC | TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT 3D | FS AE | SS | ALBW | MM 3D | TFH | TP HD | BotW
    • Canyarion wrote:

I asked my fellow PodSmasher Frank from Germany. He's pretty much a walking Zelda encyclopedia; he never heard of these 2 letters though. So no help there.
      It's amazing how unknown these two letters are. At least you tried.

So a couples of hours ago I finished the City in the Sky and I got nothing. I'm debating whether I should do the Palace of Twilight or not just to see if I miraculously get it after that... even though I doubt it very much.

Now I don't know if I should be asking this, but does anyone on this forum know anyone who's an expert at AR codes? Like I said before, I tried using the all letters code and those 2 still didn't pop up. I just want to know if it's because the person who made the code wasn't aware of them, and therefore didn't include them, or if it's because even though they're in the text dump, they're somehow not in the game.

EDIT: Then again, there's a code for Melee (the North American version) that gives you "all 292 trophies"... even though there's actually 293 trophies. So there's a higher chance of it being the former right? If it's in the text dump that definitely means, without doubt, that it's possible to get them right?

The post was edited 1 time, last by TheLegendofZelda30 ().

• Canyarion wrote:

he never heard of these 2 letters though.
      So far it seems that the flag for those letters is bugged, like the Deku Nut upgrade in Ocarina of Time for example, so don't be surprised if no one has heard of them. Not even the official guide mentions those two.

TheLegendofZelda30 wrote:

If it's in the text dump that definitely means, without doubt, that it's possible to get them right?
      Not really, text dumps tend to include every text found in the game, even unused one. That's basically how people find out about unused assets in games.
    • Chuck wrote:

Canyarion wrote:

he never heard of these 2 letters though.
      So far it seems that the flag for those letters is bugged, like the Deku Nut upgrade in Ocarina of Time for example, so don't be surprised if no one has heard of them. Not even the official guide mentions those two.

If it's in the text dump that definitely means, without doubt, that it's possible to get them right?
      Not really, text dumps tend to include every text found in the game, even unused one. That's basically how people find out about unused assets in games.
      ... So they're both glitched letters? How did you find this out?

And that's interesting to know about the text dump.
    • That's just a theory so far, but the fact that they don't appear everytime like every other letter suggests that. If that's the case, it's important to know which version they appear on, as there tend to be glitches exclusive to certain versions, like the Bomb Bag from The Minish Cap that cannot be obtained in the PAL version of the game.

It can also be that there's an extremelly specific way to trigger them. If so, it might need some testing to figure it out for certain.
    • This is very true.

I have another question. Would it be possible for someone to look at the ROM to see if Link really can get those letters? Or even have someone attempt to bring them out via code? While I do remember getting Impaz's letter, that was a long time ago...

If someone were to bring them out by using an AR/Homebrew code, would they be able to tell if players can get them legitimately?

Just so we aren't looking for something that's impossible to get?
    • I'm playing TPHD at the moment and I'm trying to find ways to get the letters. I'm not entering Fanadi's place, let's see if that works.
      As for Impaz... anything I should try?
    • Canyarion wrote:

I'm playing TPHD at the moment and I'm trying to find ways to get the letters. I'm not entering Fanadi's place, let's see if that works.
      I honestly have no idea. I also tried to never enter her place (going so far as to not even step into the area she's in), and I got nothing. I don't remember if I tried collecting any of her heart pieces or not though.

I honestly don't know what to do about these letters. Now I really could have sworn I got Impaz's, but I could be imagining it. Is there any way someone could go into the rom and see if they're real?

EDIT: Ok, so I don't actually think I was imagining it. It's just that this thread was made over a year ago and no one seemed to have gotten these even though a lot of people played TP: HD. At this point, I'm just thinking they're very glitched (as Chuck pointed out before), and I must have gotten extremely lucky.

The only significant thing I remember my first play through is that I named Link "GINA" (don't ask lol).

And like I said before, when I tried the AR code for all letters, these 2 never popped up... it could be like the Melee code where you get "all trophies" (all of them except for Tamagon). Maybe in that case, these two letters are the Tamagon of the game. Maybe unless you do something that seriously causes the game to glitch (not that you can get Tamagon through glitching, but still), the only other way you could get these is by exploiting them through a specific Action Replay code.

Because since a lot of people on this forum played through TP: HD, surely someone would have known by now right? It's been over a year and there's been no progress whatsoever. Which is why at this point, maybe someone could use an "outside" method to make sure they truly are in the game at least. I would try myself, but I'm clueless on checking roms/making codes.

The post was edited 2 times, last by TheLegendofZelda30 ().

• TheLegendofZelda30 wrote:

Canyarion wrote:

I'm playing TPHD at the moment and I'm trying to find ways to get the letters. I'm not entering Fanadi's place, let's see if that works.
      I honestly have no idea. I also tried to never enter her place (going so far as to not even step into the area she's in), and I got nothing. I don't remember if I tried collecting any of her heart pieces or not though.
      I honestly don't know what to do about these letters. Now I really could have sworn I got Impaz's, but I could be imagining it. Is there any way someone could go into the rom and see if they're real?

EDIT: Ok, so I don't actually think I was imagining it. It's just that this thread was made over a year ago and no one seemed to have gotten these even though a lot of people played TP: HD. At this point, I'm just thinking they're very glitched (as Chuck pointed out before), and I must have gotten extremely lucky.

The only significant thing I remember my first play through is that I named Link "GINA" (don't ask lol).

And like I said before, when I tried the AR code for all letters, these 2 never popped up... it could be like the Melee code where you get "all trophies" (all of them except for Tamagon). Maybe in that case, these two letters are the Tamagon of the game. Maybe unless you do something that seriously causes the game to glitch (not that you can get Tamagon through glitching, but still), the only other way you could get these is by exploiting them through a specific Action Replay code.

Because since a lot of people on this forum played through TP: HD, surely someone would have known by now right? It's been over a year and there's been no progress whatsoever. Which is why at this point, maybe someone could use an "outside" method to make sure they truly are in the game at least. I would try myself, but I'm clueless on checking roms/making codes.
      They're definitely in the text dump one of you gave me, so I know they do or did exist, at least.

But then, I never did find out about my experience with Shad in Kakariko Graveyard either. Other people remember it, but no one turned up any results....

Celebrating 3 whole years of ZU membership -- 8/22/2015 - 8/22/2018
    • Canyarion wrote:

I'm not entering Fanadi's place, let's see if that works.
      Outside of the first time I played the game, I have never entered Fanadi's, so that's definitely not a trigger.

Linkle wrote:

They're definitely in the text dump one of you gave me, so I know they do or did exist, at least.
      Text dumps also have unused content, so sadly that doesn't proves that they actually appear in the game. So unless there's real proof, like a screenshot of them, I'm willing to believe that they are just that, unused in-game.
    • Chuck wrote:

Canyarion wrote:

I'm not entering Fanadi's place, let's see if that works.
      Outside of the first time I played the game, I have never entered Fanadi's, so that's definitely not a trigger.

Linkle wrote:

Text dumps also have unused content, so sadly that doesn't proves that they actually appear in the game. So unless there's real proof, like a screenshot of them, I'm willing to believe that they are just that, unused in-game.
      Then how would someone have known that it existed before reading the text dump? Obviously people remember getting it and I assure you at least 70% have probably never seen the text dump before.
      "Unused in-game" doesn't cut it since it clearly DID happen under some set of circumstances at some point.

Celebrating 3 whole years of ZU membership -- 8/22/2015 - 8/22/2018
    • Chuck wrote:

Well, it's just weird that everyone that claims they have gotten these letters don't have them anymore. Even after a decade of TP's release, there are still no screenshots of them, which is kinda surprising.
      In my case it was because I named my very first file on my Wii "Gina" (or GINA, doesn't matter) got to the very end, then deleted it because I got sick of Link being called that and made a new file with his actual name.

I seriously want to face palm myself for deleting it. I should have just used File 2.

That was the only time I ever remember getting Impaz's letter, and it really baffles me how after ten years almost no one's ever even heard of these two.

It becomes very discouraging. I still remember getting it, but without proof from anyone else I'm actually starting to doubt myself. There have been people saying they remember these 2, but still.

The post was edited 1 time, last by TheLegendofZelda30 ().