Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Impaz's and Fanadi's letters in Twilight Princess?
    • Linkle wrote:

I don't remember ever getting either of those.

However, I do recall meeting Shad in the Kakariko Graveyard on my first Wii play through, and it seems that didn't happen, either.

Do you recall exactly what the letters said? Can you at least paraphrase it for me?

Fanadi Palace: - Failure at work?

- Failure in love?

Here at Fanadi's Palace we can immediately solve all these problems and more! Take your first step toward a new life and let your feet lead you down Castle Town's southwestern thoroughfare!

Impaz: Thank you so much for beating those beasts the other day. Is the girl doing well? I certainly hope so. Though there isn't much to do here, please stop in sometime!

These were in the text dumps for the game, and Impaz's is exactly how I remember it. According to Boss, you can get Fanadi's by not visiting her or getting any heart pieces (doing a 3 heart run basically, I still have yet to test this out) but he/she also says Impaz's can be gotten after rescuing Ralis... except you don't meet her until later. If my memory is accurate at all, I could have sworn I got hers later in the game. I could be wrong though.
    • TheLegendofZelda30 wrote:

Linkle wrote:

I don't remember ever getting either of those.

However, I do recall meeting Shad in the Kakariko Graveyard on my first Wii play through, and it seems that didn't happen, either.

Do you recall exactly what the letters said? Can you at least paraphrase it for me?

Fanadi Palace: - Failure at work?

- Failure in love?

Here at Fanadi's Palace we can immediately solve all these problems and more! Take your first step toward a new life and let your feet lead you down Castle Town's southwestern thoroughfare!

Impaz: Thank you so much for beating those beasts the other day. Is the girl doing well? I certainly hope so. Though there isn't much to do here, please stop in sometime!

These were in the text dumps for the game, and Impaz's is exactly how I remember it. According to Boss, you can get Fanadi's by not visiting her or getting any heart pieces (doing a 3 heart run basically, I still have yet to test this out) but he/she also says Impaz's can be gotten after rescuing Ralis... except you don't meet her until later. If my memory is accurate at all, I could have sworn I got hers later in the game. I could be wrong though.

Hmm, thanks. I'll play through the Wii version again and let you know if I find them.

Celebrating 3 whole years of ZU membership -- 8/22/2015 - 8/22/2018
    • Canyarion wrote:

Now the real question is: do they count for 100%? :D

I know a lot of people would get very pissed off if they did.
      ... I consider it a part of 100% completion... and I was pissed when I realized some time later I missed both of them.

And I did all the stupid roll goal courses too -.-

Anyways, I'm most likely going to try replaying through this game again some time next week while doing a three heart run to see if I at least get Fanadi's. Impaz's I'm going to have to try figuring out myself (unless if someone reading this knows how and when you get it. That would be extremely helpful).

I really wish I remember what I did 10 years ago that made me get her stupid letter :/

The post was edited 1 time, last by TheLegendofZelda30 ().

• Canyarion wrote:

Did you try other websites? And Googling? You can't be the only one, right?
      I admit I haven't asked anyone on other websites, but I did try googling information about them... and nothing comes up. Both Zelda wikis don't have them listed under letters or missables (although Impaz's page on one of them does acknowledge she gets one). Other than that, the only thing on the internet about them is in text dumps of the game.

Do you know any huge Zelda websites where I could ask people?
    • I was thinking about Zelda Wiki ; There has to be pages about Impaz and Fanadi. If they don't mention the letters, you can add the question to the "discussion" tab of the page.

The other 2 large sites I know are ZeldaDungeon.net and ZeldaInformer.com.
      100% | Finished | Now playing:
      TLoZ | 2nd Q | TAoL | ALttP | LA | LA DX | OoT | OoT MQ | MM | OoA | OoS | ALttP (GBA) | FS | TWW | FSA | TMC | TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT 3D | FS AE | SS | ALBW | MM 3D | TFH | TP HD | BotW
    • Canyarion wrote:

I was thinking about Zelda Wiki ; There has to be pages about Impaz and Fanadi. If they don't mention the letters, you can add the question to the "discussion" tab of the page.

The other 2 large sites I know are ZeldaDungeon.net and ZeldaInformer.com.
      Only problem is, you can't post unless you're a member. Which is fine and dandy, except that they no longer allow just anyone to join. Only administrators and executives and such. :(

Celebrating 3 whole years of ZU membership -- 8/22/2015 - 8/22/2018
    • Impaz page, discussion:

Letter
      I understand there's a reference for it, but do you really get a letter from Impaz? I've gone through all my letters and have beat the game numerous times, but I never, ever got one from her... The Gift (talk) 18:58, 7 December 2013 (UTC)

I added a question to that; I also made a new discussion on Fanadi's page.
      100% | Finished | Now playing:
      TLoZ | 2nd Q | TAoL | ALttP | LA | LA DX | OoT | OoT MQ | MM | OoA | OoS | ALttP (GBA) | FS | TWW | FSA | TMC | TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT 3D | FS AE | SS | ALBW | MM 3D | TFH | TP HD | BotW
    • Canyarion wrote:

Impaz page, discussion:

Letter
      I understand there's a reference for it, but do you really get a letter from Impaz? I've gone through all my letters and have beat the game numerous times, but I never, ever got one from her... The Gift (talk) 18:58, 7 December 2013 (UTC)

I added a question to that; I also made a new discussion on Fanadi's page.
      On my very first play through almost ten years ago, I remember getting a letter from Impaz. My first playthrough was on my Wii, but I eventually decided to get the GameCube version, which led me to get rid of the Wii version and my save file (how stupid). It wasn't until I was looking at the letters on my GameCube version a while later that I realized I never got her letter. I decided to look into it, and that's when I saw that the Zelda wiki references it on her page. This is the only piece of information that I could find on it. That's when I thought that I should look at the text dump of the game, to make sure that both me and the wiki weren't making it up. Lo and behold, it was there. It was actually thanks to the text dump that I realized Fanadi also hands out a letter.

Now, even though I remember Impaz's letter, it was a long time ago, so there is a possibility that maybe, just maybe, my brain decided to make it up. But the only reason I looked into it in the first place was because I remembered getting a letter from her. I had no idea it was on the Zelda wiki page or text dump. And shouldn't the fact that it's in the text dump mean it's definitely in there? If anything, I'm actually starting to think that it's a very glitched letter.

This is the link to the text dump if anyone would like to look at it. It's from Zelda dungeon. It's the Pal version: Zelda11-twilight-princess-text-dump.txt

Is there anyone else reading this who can at least confirm that they too got a letter from Impaz at one point? Even if you don't remember how?

And thank you very much Canyarion for looking into it. I appreciate it a lot :)

Edit: Ok, when I read your post I thought you were the one questioning if the letter was really in the game, hence why I just gave that explanation. I didn't notice that the question you posted was someone else's question from 2013. That was my bad. Sorry for the long post.

The post was edited 3 times, last by TheLegendofZelda30 ().

• Linkle wrote:

Canyarion wrote:

I was thinking about Zelda Wiki ; There has to be pages about Impaz and Fanadi. If they don't mention the letters, you can add the question to the "discussion" tab of the page.
      Only problem is, you can't post unless you're a member. Which is fine and dandy, except that they no longer allow just anyone to join. Only administrators and executives and such. :(
      Anyone can create an account, although it is currently disabled due to the recent spambots, but once that problem is solved you can try again. Meanwhile, you can also ask in the Zelda Wiki central forum here in ZU.

I'll ask some guys from the ZW staff which will hopefully help to solve this issue, as I never got any of those letters myself.
    • I think I get the letter from Impaz every time I beat that part of the game. I do the part, go out and immediately come back to do the cat game for the heart piece and the next time I see the postman I get the letter. I didn't even know you could get a letter from Fanadi, but I always go see her when I get to Castle Town as normal Link and that's why the game registers that I know where she is and what she does, so I think that's why I don't get the reminder.
    • We'll be doing some research on the matter, but first we need some information from anyone that has obtained those letters before, including a screenshot of any of them (just to confirm). Also, we need which version of the game you got it from, just to see if they're exclusive to certain versions. These include GameCube, Wii, or HD (Wii U) versions, and which region the game is from: NTSC (America) or PAL (Europe).

For the American Wii version, we also need to know if its version 1.0 or 1.1. To find out which version you have, you must check the back of the disc for this information:

RVL-RZDE-0A-#

The # refers to 0 for 1.0 and 1 or 2 for 1.1.
    • Guilthas wrote:

I think I get the letter from Impaz every time I beat that part of the game. I do the part, go out and immediately come back to do the cat game for the heart piece and the next time I see the postman I get the letter. I didn't even know you could get a letter from Fanadi, but I always go see her when I get to Castle Town as normal Link and that's why the game registers that I know where she is and what she does, so I think that's why I don't get the reminder.
      Is this immediately after you rescue her? That would make sense actually.

Chuck wrote:

We'll be doing some research on the matter, but first we need some information from anyone that has obtained those letters before, including a screenshot of any of them (just to confirm). Also, we need which version of the game you got it from, just to see if they're exclusive to certain versions. These include GameCube, Wii, or HD (Wii U) versions, and which region the game is from: NTSC (America) or PAL (Europe).

For the American Wii version, we also need to know if its version 1.0 or 1.1. To find out which version you have, you must check the back of the disc for this information:

RVL-RZDE-0A-#

The # refers to 0 for 1.0 and 1 or 2 for 1.1.
      I have a file that's right before Gerudo's Desert. I know the game very well, so it should only take a day or two (or maybe 3 if I have to work) to get to the point where Link meets Impaz. I'm going to do what Guilthas said and do the cat game right after I save her.

I'm playing the North American GC version. I will let you know if I get Impaz's. Fanadi's is a lost cause because I got some of the heart pieces she's supposed to point out, and according to another user you can only get if if you basically do a 3 heart run.

Wish me luck!

EDIT: Unless if you do have the letter in your save file Guilthos and can post a picture of it? I'm still going to try getting it myself though.

• I appear to have finished Twilight Princess on Wii a few days ago. After checking, I didn't receive either of the two letters you're talking about while I didn't come back to Impaz's place (showing her directly the Dominion Rod just before leaving the zone and coming back for the owl statue... I didn't do the cats related side quest) nor talked to Fanadi once.

I also checked two older files and it seems like I didn't receive them neither in those. The thing is that, reading this threat, I have got the impression that I got those letters in one of my previous playthroughts (I did quite a lot of them on that game, I must confess). The problem is that I can't check other files because the previous Wii I used to play with is broken (my 100% gone with it...).

On the two other files I checked, I had a fair amount of hearts (16/17) which leads me to guess that you may receive Fanadi's letter only if you don't go look around for extra heart containers. So, if the game sees that you don't have like two or three extra hearts at some key point, it sends you this letter telling you "Hey ! Listen ! You seem to be pretty bad at finding extra life so just know that you can find heart containers thanks to this character !"
      And for those doing a 3 hearts challenge, well, it could be explained by the fact that the game may start analysing your case when you take the first full heart container in the first boss chamber.
      To say it with other words, the game may register the number of hearts you have in comparaison with the hearts you got in boss chambers. If it seems like you don't have many extra hearts, it sends you the letter. Thus, if you don't take any heart container, it doesn't start to count your hearts and if you seem to find containers easily, it doesn't send this missive to you... That's the only explanation I could find but it may be wrong.

Concerning Impaz's, I've got no idea, really. I've always used the owl statue pretty quickly. Maybe you receive the letter only if you have still not used the statue after showing Impaz your Rod (this sentence sounds pretty kinky, hmm) and since we know the game it just doesn't happen or at least not anymore ?

The post was edited 2 times, last by Twilight_Skull ().

• Chuck wrote:

TheLegendofZelda30 wrote:

Fanadi's is a lost cause because I got some of the heart pieces she's supposed to point out, and according to another user you can only get if if you basically do a 3 heart run.
      I did the 3 heart challenge before and never got her letter, so not collecting pieces of heart is not a trigger for it.
      Well that's just great. Thanks for posting this.

Twilight_Skull wrote:

I appear to have finished Twilight Princess on Wii a few days ago. After checking, I didn't receive either of the two letters you're talking about while I didn't come back to Impaz's place (showing her directly the Dominion Rod just before leaving the zone and coming back for the owl statue... I didn't do the cats related side quest) nor talked to Fanadi once.

I also checked two older files and it seems like I didn't receive them neither in those. The thing is that, reading this threat, I have got the impression that I got those letters in one of my previous playthroughts (I did quite a lot of them on that game, I must confess). The problem is that I can't check other files because the previous Wii I used to play with is broken (my 100% gone with it...).

On the two other files I checked, I had a fair amount of hearts (16/17) which leads me to guess that you may receive Fanadi's letter only if you don't go look around for extra heart containers. So, if the game sees that you don't have like two or three extra hearts at some key point, it sends you this letter telling you "Hey ! Listen ! You seem to be pretty bad at finding extra life so just know that you can find heart containers thanks to this character !"
      And for those doing a 3 hearts challenge, well, it could be explained by the fact that the game may start analysing your case when you take the first full heart container in the first boss chamber.
      To say it with other words, the game may register the number of hearts you have in comparaison with the hearts you got in boss chambers. If it seems like you don't have many extra hearts, it sends you the letter. Thus, if you don't take any heart container, it doesn't start to count your hearts and if you seem to find containers easily, it doesn't send this missive to you... That's the only explanation I could find but it may be wrong.

Concerning Impaz's, I've got no idea, really. I've always used the owl statue pretty quickly. Maybe you receive the letter only if you have still not used the statue after showing Impaz your Rod (this sentence sounds pretty kinky, hmm) and since we know the game it just doesn't happen or at least not anymore ?
      I basically binge played the game last night before going to bed, and I'm right at the point where the Goron (forgot his name) is in the process of opening the path for me. So I'll try doing the cat thing and try what you suggested, about not using the owl statue right away.

Now just in case it is the cat thing like Guilthas said, I just want to know when you're supposed to get it. Is it literally immediately after you finish the side quest, when the postman gives you Shad's letter, or after beating the City in the Sky?

EDIT: Ok, did you mean the owl statue or the horse call? The owl statue you get before you even enter the hidden village. It's the horse call you need to get her memory back. So do you mean not show Ilia the horse call right away?

• I don't know if this would be going against forum rules or not, but it is possible for me to upload my GC save to the computer. I could make it so there's two files before going to the Hidden Village, and post it in this thread.

Would this be fine? In case anyone else wants to try this without going through the whole game?

Anyways I tried doing what TwilightSkull wrote about showing her the dominion rod before giving the horse call to Ilia. I probably ran around for almost an hour without showing it to her, and I got nothing. Now I'm doing the stupid cat mini game.

I finished the cat game, tried getting the Postman, but nothing happened. Hopefully Guilthas will be able to answer my question about when I'm supposed to get the letter.