Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    [Spoiler-Free] BotW: Media Blackout (READ OP BEFORE POSTING)
    • Yeah Game Informer is really torturing us for these last days of waiting.
      Honestly I can't resist to go to their special BotW news homepage from their website everyday, just to see the titles of their daily articles (of course I never go further and never click on these title-links), and by doing that, I simply imagine what I'm missing. Oh sweet agony.

As you can see with my avatar and signature, I hate Wind Waker.
    • There's probably a better place on the forums to talk about this but I'm scared to leave this thread in case of spoilers, so can we talk about what Nintendo just announced?? There's no spoilers that I can see as it's just technical stuff about the pricing and distribution of the game, but I won't mention it explicitly since I've been careless before. If someone knows what I'm talking about could you tell me if it's permitted??

Sorry this was weird, but I'm not sure how I feel about this...
      "Know that you are worthy of love and so much more. Today, tomorrow and always, keep your head up"
      - Something someone said to me once that will stick with me always
    • Yeah, it's not going to feel real for me until we're 1 week out. The repetition of the weeks is truly grating. Knowing that it's the final week and that each day is truly the last of its kind you'll be without BotW is truly where the hype begins!

In other news for those wanting the Switch version. I've been seeing that scalpers are already popping their ugly mugs out of the woodwork; Switches popping up for $650~$800 Canadian on Amazon.ca... I hope to God anyone who wanted one pre-ordered. It's the bloody NES Mini all over again.

"Just look above you... If it's something that can be stopped, then just try to stop it."
    • HelmarocKing1999 wrote:

There's probably a better place on the forums to talk about this but I'm scared to leave this thread in case of spoilers, so can we talk about what Nintendo just announced?? There's no spoilers that I can see as it's just technical stuff about the pricing and distribution of the game, but I won't mention it explicitly since I've been careless before. If someone knows what I'm talking about could you tell me if it's permitted??

I posted about that on the gamplay mechanics thread (with no story spoilers), and I talked about my thoughts. I don't consider this spoilers myself, but I don't want to take risks, since it is about the game's future and it is possible some may consider that spoilers.

And don't worry @Feranel, those are not exactly spoilers imo, so DO NOT go and think I am abandoning the SS. Spoiler. Free. Zelda or something! Like my sig says, I am proud of being a member! :P

EDIT: Unlinked the link to the gameplay mechanics thread. When I think about it, I don't want to tempt people to go and read the entire thread which discusses gameplay. If you consider this spoilers, I would feel bad for being responsible.

:mastahsword: Member of the S.S. Spoiler. Free. Zelda, and proud of it! :mastahsword:

I also happen to own a currently very small blog. If you're so bored that you can afford the time to do so I guess you could check it out if you want ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
      https://playgamesthinkgames.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3aJqkWJUSZ_vdV1HUOWQfQ

The post was edited 2 times, last by Pikastroff ().

• HelmarocKing1999 wrote:

HelmarocKing1999 wrote:

There's probably a better place on the forums to talk about this but I'm scared to leave this thread in case of spoilers, so can we talk about what Nintendo just announced?? There's no spoilers that I can see as it's just technical stuff about the pricing and distribution of the game, but I won't mention it explicitly since I've been careless before. If someone knows what I'm talking about could you tell me if it's permitted??

To be fair I don't think what you're referring to counts as a spoiler, isn't is pretty much the same as saying "Breath of the Wild is coming out with Amiibo!" ?

But I respect other people's stance on this game.. although I do take any official announcement by Nintendo as non-spoiler.
      Psn: Zugioh
      Nintendo ID: HeroOfClocktown
      --

• Hylian Spectre wrote:

Yeah, it's not going to feel real for me until we're 1 week out. The repetition of the weeks is truly grating. Knowing that it's the final week and that each day is truly the last of its kind you'll be without BotW is truly where the hype Begins!
      You described it perfectly. Like, I couldn't have said it better myself. If feels like we are trapped in a Wheel where the weeks just looping over and over and we aren't getting anywhere. "Just another tuesday"... but then it will feel like "this is the last f**king tuesday, no more tuesdays for me b*tch". I had kind of the same feeling before but month-wise. Like, this is the last fifth of the month... but that feeling went away pretty quick since it still is weeks left, too damn long. 7 Days are really bearable though.

And btw, how does digitally games actually work? I know that loading-times are much better on the cartridge-format than on the disc, but how does it work on the digital format? The loading-times should be as good as the cartridge format... right? Are there any pro's and con's between cartidge and digital?

The post was edited 2 times, last by MVS ().

• I'm studying away from home at the moment, so I won't have access to my Wii U until at least the 12th of March. Anyone else on here who won't have the game at launch? Would be nice to have some people to talk to on here post March 3rd, haha.

And sloppy animations aside, I'm quite happy I'll have Horizon Zero Dawn to occupy my time before I get my hands on BotW. Horizon and BotW come out so close to each other this actually works quite well; I prefer not to play two really big games at the same time.
    • I was quite looking forward to Horizon Zero Dawn, admittedly mostly for the intriguing gameplay and it's general graphics/story, but having watched that cutscene posted on the other page...god I see what was said about the way the character's mouths move and how they look in general. In trying to look so real, it looks very unreal instead and actually just ends up looking quite bad - I'm sort of surprised that it's actually deemed as being acceptable by those who make it, I mean the sounds is off with the lip movements quite a bit and just...yeah, not good. I'm not really feeling much emotion either from either of the characters, considering that one of them is about try and kill himself.

Not quite so much of a problem with the less real things though - I feel like BotW is a nice mix of fairly good/accurate-looking characters without feeling the need to take it that level of detail, which I think would detract from the game. I would much rather have the beautiful world we get to play in.
    • I'm pretty surprised I didn't get any big spoilers yet. I always try to blackout, and I always get at least ONE bigormous thing thrown at my face before the stuff release. I did have a few accidents, but that were like screenshots or GIFs that didn't show anything big, not even new regions/characters/events or anything.

Then again, are there really big stuff in the wild right now ? I keep hearing there are, and then people come and say that nah, that's just paranoia. I guess this whole experience is pretty interesting in that it shows how much lack of information can fuels fear and anxiety :'D
    • MoonGazer wrote:

Not quite so much of a problem with the less real things though - I feel like BotW is a nice mix of fairly good/accurate-looking characters without feeling the need to take it that level of detail, which I think would detract from the game. I would much rather have the beautiful world we get to play in.
      But if the developers knows their shit, even a more realistic game can look absolutely fine. Naughty Dog should learn every major developer how to make proper and natural characters, faces, emotions and everything tied to cutscenes really. Uncharted 3 which was on PS3 looks competely superior to Fallout 4 in terms of characters and cutscenes.

Bilboquet wrote:

Then again, are there really big stuff in the wild right now ? I keep hearing there are, and then people come and say that nah, that's just paranoia. I guess this whole experience is pretty interesting in that it shows how much lack of information can fuels fear and anxiety :'D
      Well first of all, what which is spoilers or not is in the eyes of the beholder. Even if I would see by accident a random and mundane short cutscene with Link in an area with just tree's and nothing else I would swear. At the same time in a completely other dimension other people speculates, analyzes and discusses the entire f**king plot for hours and more hours based of a lot of information... which I lack all kind of understanding of, but that's me.

I am very certain that it floats around really nasty stuff out there. Only because every-spoiler-friendly person hasn't seen them (yet), doesn't mean they don't exist. And when reviewers gets their hands on the game, it wouldn't surprise me if something leaks as well (it did in yesterday I think with Horizon).

Post by Melging ().

This post was deleted by ich Will: Potential spoiler for this thread, sorry ().
    • I haven't been on the homepage of Youtube for at least a week now. If I need to watch it for something I'll search Google Videos and get in through the back door, to avoid potential spoilers. Generally I'm just staying off the internet in case I get bored and decide to look for BotW info.

I may be taking this a little too far, but at this point we're so close to release that it makes sense to avoid all new information. After all, we're going to see it in a few weeks. I'd just prefer to experience it first hand than see it in a bunch of screenshots. I feel like pre-release information is just a poor subsitute for the real thing.
    • Ryano wrote:

Are we really not talking about the announcement today? Like even in a general sense?

It's not even close to a spoiler considering it'll be on display at every retailer both online and local...its completely unavoidable if you're picking up the game in 2 weeks.

Mods?
      I really respect and gives the mods props for being very careful, but this announcement should not be treated as a spoiler in my opinion since it is pretty important to know about and a decision you should make whether you want it or not when you start the game for the first time. Especially when the first DLC is about the very first area of the game. And you really should know of its existence.

So mods? Can we talk about it?

The post was edited 1 time, last by MVS ().