Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Pinned
    Zelda Wiki Suggestions, Feedback and Requests Thread
    • Welcome to the Wiki Suggestions, Feedback and Edit Requests v2 thread. This thread is designed for posting feedback, suggestions, ideas and requests for Zelda Wiki. This thread was originally created prior to the forum's move, however as not everything could be backed up, this thread has been recreated.

This thread is for posting the following, but not limited to,

• Feedback and suggestions on how to improve the wiki and what else could be added/done.

• Ideas and proposals for new projects and pages, including new template ideas. (If you're proposing a new template and already have one made, please show us in a sandbox.)

• Requests that an edit be made, including images you have that you'd like to see uploaded.

• Problems or issues you have while using the wiki, including bug reports.

And anything else you feel is worth sharing or helpful. Anyone can help out as well. If you see an edit request or a suggestion that you can make, feel free to add it.A last note, since the previous Feedback and Suggestions thread was lost during the move, any suggestions posted previously not yet addressed will have to be reposted here. We apologize for any inconvenience.
    • gibdo needs more details. I mentioned this on another thread but in the 1.0 version of majora's mask, when a gibdo becomes a redead after getting burned by the fire arrow, the gibdo mask no longer prevents them from attacking you. also in ocarina of time, the only noticeable difference I found between gibdos and redeads is that gibdos are only in standing position and will always try to attack you where a redead is briefly harmless when kill another one or a gibdo. when they are alone, redeads in standing position appear to be just as dangerous as gibdos.
    • Pretty sure Barinade's name comes from "bari tornado" in Japanese. For example, tornado in Japanese is phonetically "torunedo." In Japanese, Barinade's name is "barinedo." Combine Bari, the jellyfish enemy all around Barinade, and tornado, and you get "barinedo." This also makes sense since Barinade spins and rotates super fast, almost like a tornado. However, this probably slipped by the translators and they translated nedo as nade, when the name should have been Barinado.

Not really confirmed, but fairly plausible-- enough to be noteworthy on the page. I mean, the OoT boss names were all about that stuff. Morphing Morpha, Bongo-hitting Bongo Bongo, Twins Twinrova, etc.
    • I believe it would be worthwhile to add a trivia section to the "Zelda Wii U" page.

I specifically suggest including rumors about a dual release on the NX, as was supposedly leaked in that youtube video that got taken down (by a guy called SuperMetalDave or something like that?).

Nelsyv wrote:

I saw that the trailer they released at the end of the Switch event stream looked like it would be a story trailer, so I immediately turned it off. I'm going dark until I've beaten BotW, I don't want any spoilers whatsoever. Wish me strength to resist the temptations.

• I've definitely seen theories on the wiki, albeit customarily marked with a big "THEORY WARNING" spoiler.

Nelsyv wrote:

I saw that the trailer they released at the end of the Switch event stream looked like it would be a story trailer, so I immediately turned it off. I'm going dark until I've beaten BotW, I don't want any spoilers whatsoever. Wish me strength to resist the temptations.

• rump wrote:

I'm unable to create a new account. Is this a mistake?

ZeldaFan1000 wrote:

Same as above. Only option given on the wiki is to log in to an existing account. Any ideas?

rump wrote:

Still having this problem. I'd love to start contributing a little if I can!

Hi guys,

I just want to let you know that we are aware of this problem. The wiki is currently receiving a large amount of spambot registrations/edits which our current systems can't block. Instead of letting the spambots run loose, we decided to close registration until we could effectively tackle the problem. The wiki will be receiving an update in the very near future which should alleviate this problem - I'll post here when this happens.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any more questions.
    • AndroidOS wrote:

rump wrote:

I'm unable to create a new account. Is this a mistake?

ZeldaFan1000 wrote:

Same as above. Only option given on the wiki is to log in to an existing account. Any ideas?

rump wrote:

Still having this problem. I'd love to start contributing a little if I can!

Hi guys,

I just want to let you know that we are aware of this problem. The wiki is currently receiving a large amount of spambot registrations/edits which our current systems can't block. Instead of letting the spambots run loose, we decided to close registration until we could effectively tackle the problem. The wiki will be receiving an update in the very near future which should alleviate this problem - I'll post here when this happens.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any more questions.

Okay. Thanks for letting me know. I'd love to start contributing at least a little bit once this is resolved.
    • I just want to say, for my own selfish and personal sake, that I totally called Zelda U being delayed to 2017 in 2015, April 26th 2015!! It's in the 10th anniversary wiki redesign feedback thread. Check it out! That was just after Aonuma made the announcement that "2015 is no longer a priority."

Please excuse my irrelevant gloating. Nice new forums btw.
    • Hi Tony, sorry to post-and-run like that!

After I first mentioned the "erroneous reference", I came to realise it wasn't a true mistake; there was an alteration from a pre-release art asset to the final one, but the former made its way around anyway. It's even in a ZeldaWiki gallery!

Summary: the image is Link's "thumbs up" communication icon from Tri Force Heroes. Originally, both his eyes were closed, but they changed it to him winking. The old, eyes-closed version shows up in nearly every TFH art collection and was also used in Nintendo Badge Arcade.

I suppose that could belong in Trivia, but for the Communication Icon article. On that note; one of the known unused icons (still in the game's data) is Link yawning. (Source: TCRF)
    • Some of the lines in the transcript page for "The White Knight" need to be updated. When Prince Facade tells Link that his horse can't carry three people, he calls his steed Magnus, yet the transcript page on the wiki only has a placeholder for the horse's name in place of its aforementioned name. Also, when Prince Facade refused to step into the mud to rescue Zelda, the princess calls him a "useless fop". FYI, the word fop is a term used to refer to a man overly concerned about how he looks and what he wears.
    • HelpTheWretched wrote:

Hi Tony, sorry to post-and-run like that!

After I first mentioned the "erroneous reference", I came to realise it wasn't a true mistake; there was an alteration from a pre-release art asset to the final one, but the former made its way around anyway. It's even in a ZeldaWiki gallery!

Summary: the image is Link's "thumbs up" communication icon from Tri Force Heroes. Originally, both his eyes were closed, but they changed it to him winking. The old, eyes-closed version shows up in nearly every TFH art collection and was also used in Nintendo Badge Arcade.

I suppose that could belong in Trivia, but for the Communication Icon article. On that note; one of the known unused icons (still in the game's data) is Link yawning. (Source: TCRF)
      I wasn't aware of that! Good catch. Definitely worth having up on the Wiki.

CretaceousRaptor wrote:

Some of the lines in the transcript page for "The White Knight" need to be updated. When Prince Facade tells Link that his horse can't carry three people, he calls his steed Magnus, yet the transcript page on the wiki only has a placeholder for the horse's name in place of its aforementioned name. Also, when Prince Facade refused to step into the mud to rescue Zelda, the princess calls him a "useless fop". FYI, the word fop is a term used to refer to a man overly concerned about how he looks and what he wears.
      Would you be OK to alter the transcript yourself?