Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    • Normal
    General Dreaming
    • ecrofirt wrote:

So, I do have a wild imagination in the waking world. I'm more or less of the opinion that such dreams are a product of that imagination, although I can't be completely sure... lol!

I'm pretty sure that's why I have so many crazy dreams!

Last night was really, really cold and I had a dream that I was at the snow getting ready to go skiing, but I'd forgotten some of my ski gear like gloves.
      A famous explorer once said, that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.

• So, last night's dream of mine involved some new local brew of whisky going around. I don't even drink the stuff but whatever. The main thing was, it turned out one of the key ingredients was people's ashes. Unlike Soylent Green however, this fact was completely out in the open and everyone was indifferent. I think I tried a bit of it at one point early on since it seemed to be tied with the slight sore throat I've been waking up with lately.
    • I was a ghost who got to haunt a family at night. My mission (yeah I was assigned to do this) was to cause as much terror as I could without being seen. The stronger I got, the easier it was to see my energy.
      Eventually I failed and had to let other ghosts try.

Then I became Satan. I was red, half-naked, muscular and I had horns. I was male of course. Hell was a sort of beautiful place. It was a giant volcano in the center of a dark forest. Inside the volcano was my home, a temple. On top of the volcano lived a giant dragon called Belsebub (in my dream Belsebub and Satan wasn't the same thing). Belsebub was stronger than me in every way, yet I was still the boss somehow.
      Suddenly a weird guy came out of nowhere. He was a teenage kid who wandered to hell somehow by accident. He was very much alive.
      He got starstruck when he saw me and refused to leave. Now, this was a quick little bastard so I couldn't catch him and throw him out. So I chased him around hell as he kept asking me stuff about myself and hell.
      Eventually Belsebub had enough and grilled him.
      "I remained too much inside my head and ended up loosing my mind"

-Edgar Allan Poe
    • See my previous posts on this thread for part 1 and part 2...

Out of body experience / astral travelling:

Part 3:

Date: During the second week of May 2015, shortly after my first encounter with Irmo.

I had another conversation with Irmo. It was about joy, love and wisdom. I felt light as a feather, as well as more aware and more alive than ever before, and I knew I had left my earthly body. Some of my memories came back since then, and I remembered that we had this conversation... while we were taking tea. Though how I was able to drink tea in the Spirit Realm without a material body and why on God's green earth I was drinking a beverage I had always disliked is anybody's guess. Now I know that astral bodies or disembodied spirits can take a solid form, but... whatever. I don't have all the answers and since I'm a finite and fallible human being with limited understanding there are quite a few things in this universe and the next that are beyond my ability to comprehend, that I cannot explain. Maybe the tea symbolizes something important. I read somewhere that in some cultures, having tea with someone symbolizes trust and respect, and the act of sharing tea is how the people become familiar with strangers. Since I was meeting him face to face for the first time, and he was visible to me this time, maybe it was some kind of welcoming ceremony. And let's not forget that tea has soothing and healing properties and symbolism.

He looked like a young man in his early twenties. His long hair, white as snow, were falling perfectly on his shoulders and he looked at me with his light blue eyes as we talked about joy, love, wisdom, and spiritual growth. I don't remember the words that Irmo and I exchanged, I only remember the topics, the sound of his beautiful, soft, calming voice, and this wonderful feeling of peace and safety I experience in his presence. I hope I will eventually remember the words. I will pray Daddy Jesus and ask Him to help me remember. On the other hand, it's possible that this time around, the words were not that important, that I simply needed to be around him and to rest in his presence. For the sake of my recovery (I'm still recovering from past wounds and hurts, and dealing with my self-esteem and trust issues, my anxiety problem, and my need to feel safe again), and my spiritual growth. After our conversation, I returned to my earthly body and awoke. I'll never thank Daddy Jesus enough for sending those angels to me, and for teaching me those two things: that in addition to Himself, some of His angelic friends are looking after me... and that there are others I can trust besides Himself, others who are close to Him. I am ever so thankful for everything He has done for me, and I am blessed in so many ways. The next time I would meet with Irmo again (for the third time), but this time Daddy Jesus would be there and He would make His Presence known to me. I would also have a long due encounter with a passed away loved one that I was not ready to meet until that point and I would be blessed with closure. Of course I didn't know that yet back then...
      Two must read redemption arcs/fanfics, this is the ending we all deserved (and my compliments to the authors):

"Legend of Zelda: Breaking the cycle", by Assassin master ezio 91 <3 :yeppers: :cheers:

"The Minish Magician", by EternalFluffy <3 :yeppers: :) :cheers:

My FFN and AO3 pages (with my favorite fandoms, fanfictions, and ships):

fanfiction.net/u/5538096/ (My favorite fanfictions are in my "favorite stories" section)

archiveofourown.org/users/dmichelle312/profile (My favorite fanfictions are bookmarked and recced)

The post was edited 6 times, last by Michelle ().

• See my previous posts on this thread for part 1, part 2, and part 3...

"What is an OOBE? An out-of-body experience, or OOBE/OBE, is when you are aware of being outside of your body. Sometimes you will see your body, sometimes not. Sometimes you will interact with others on the spiritual plane, sometimes you won't. The out-of-body experience is known by many other labels: like astral travel for example. The most common way to tell if you are indeed having an OOBE during your dreams is when you are either flying or being lifted. The out-of-body experience has been occurring for hundreds of years. Proponents and researchers of OOBEs speculate that the OOBE happened during certain parts of the Bible. This has actually been noted in scripture, as you can find references to out-of-body experiences in the book of Second Corinthians. The Greeks believed we have a "double body," which Plato and Socrates explored in their writing. The "double body," according to the ancient Greeks, is a second body within the physical one which can leave the physical world in search of answers to questions, solutions to problems, to peek into the future or to "see" things which the mortal body cannot see -- or understand. Some have considered OOBEs to be a part of their spiritual experience, as when they are visiting with angels or receiving messages from God.

Buddhism also extols the virtues of out-of-body experiences, as well, calling this state "nirvana." Additionally, Native Americans consider such experiences to be a beneficial part of their ceremonies, having OOBEs during their vision quests. Despite the many perceptions and uses of the OOBE, one factor in every case is the silver cord. This barely noticeable cord is the spiritual body's attachment to its physical counterpart. No matter where our astral body may go during an OOBE, the cord keeps it connected to the physical body in order to ensure its safe return. Once this cord is severed, it is believed, the physical body dies and the astral body remains on the spiritual plane forever. Yet nothing seems to have the ability to break the silver cord unless circumstances in the physical world cause the death of the soul's physical body. For example, if a person is having an OOBE during their sleep and they die, the cord is broken and the astral body is free from its physical body. There is no limit to the length of this cord and some out-of-body regulars have claimed they have seen it. In fact, some have claimed that they even felt their astral bodies being "pulled" by this cord back to their physical bodies upon the completion of an OOBE.

An out-of-body experience is supposed to be a peaceful time, where a great sense of peace, abandonment and a new sense of happiness is said to take hold of your astral body. Some who have experienced an OOBE, however, have often felt afraid during this state. It's important to recognize that you are having an out-of-body experience so that you can relax and enjoy your very unique experience. An OOBE doesn't just happen to everyone, after all, and they are the times where you can learn something new about yourself or see something which you may never otherwise see as a human being. (One woman claimed, for example, that she travelled across the planet Uranus during an OOBE.) We sometimes are given a heads-up of a pending OOBE, in which case we enter what is called the "vibrational state." During this time, you may feel inner vibrations or hear strange sounds in your head. There may be a ticking sound or a humming sound prior to the onset of an OOBE. Some dumb religious fundamentalists feel that having an OOBE is evil and considered a "sin". There is absolutely nothing evil about an OOBE; they are a natural part of your spiritual God-created self and can open virtual doors to help you in your understanding of all things spiritual. As we progress in this new millennium, exploring new technology and taking away the taboos preventing us from learning of new things, more research and discussion can be done about OOBEs. Until that time, more books will be written and more documentaries hoping for an explanation will be done. More writers will continue to explore OOBEs in fiction yet it is in the real world where we hope to one day know what an out-of-body experience truly is -- and what we can ultimately gain from having one."

Out of body experience / astral travelling:

Part 4:

Date: May 30 2015.

I saw beautiful, peaceful gardens bathed in silvery light and there were the most magnificent flowers I've ever seen. Not only were they bathed in silvery light, they were also radiating silvery light.

Silver is close to gray, and I remember reading a fanfiction in which Irmo talking about the positive aspects of the color gray ("Dreams in grey", by helga3, can be found on FFN) said to Galadriel, "Grey is sadly unappreciated. It is said to be the colour of old age, and decay and dullness. People forget that it is also the colour of REST, and HEALING, and HOPE."

Those were the most magnificent, peaceful, and delightful gardens I've ever seen in my entire life, and I've seen quite a few gardens in my three decades of life. And moonlight, no matter how beautiful it is, is nothing compared to the magnificent silvery light that bathed those gardens when I first saw them. Nothing compares to the Gardens of Lorien. I was dumbstruck when I came across this on the LOTR Wikia site the next day:

"Irmo's Maiar sang wonderfully in these gardens and the scent of NIGHTFLOWERS and the SONG OF SLEEPY NIGHTGALES filled them with GREAT LOVELINESS... Being THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACE in Arda, the Gardens of Lorien were set upon a unique natural background containing forest groves, FLOWERS, silver willows, fountains, and lakes; the overall color scheme seems to have been SILVER... Not far from its shores is a small dwelling. It is considered a place of HEALING, REST, and REFRESH and many Valar and Elves alike come to RELAX FROM THE CARES OR THE BURDENS OF THE WORLDS. There are also many spirits loose upon the gardens. Gandalf originally lived there, as did Melian before she became Queen of Doriath... Irmo went about creating THE PATH OF DREAMS, known to the Elves as the Olorë Mallë. The path was a SPIRITUAL ROAD to Valinor, only accessible through the mind. It was through this PATH that the Elves and MEN loyal to the Valar TRAVELLED IN THEIR SLEEP. THE FINAL DESTINATION WAS THE GARDENS OF LORIEN."

And this (on the tolkiengate site):

"It was a road by which the Children of Men would at times come to Valinor in their SLEEP. It was a lane of deep banks and great overhanging hedges, beyond which stood many tall TREES wherein a perpetual whisper seemed to live. Great glow-worms crept about its grassy borders. At the end of the lane stood a night gate of lattice work that shone golden in the dusk. The gate opened up to the winding path leading into THE FAIREST OF ALL THE GARDENS, AND AMIDMOST OF THE GARDENS STOOD A WHITE COTTAGE, THE COTTAGE OF THE CHILDREN OR THE COTTAGE OF THE PLAY OF SLEEP."

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that what I saw right there and then was the Gardens of Lorien.

So I looked at the silvery light bathing the gardens and I thought to myself, "Maybe this is how the disembodied spirits see the Gardens of Lorien, bathed in this silvery light with flowers radiating that same light, and no doubt this is the Gardens of Lorien." And I didn't know what sort of light it was, but I knew that no light compares to this one, save the light radiating from Daddy Jesus. But as soon as I thought what I said I thought to myself, I found myself floating above my body. The dream or vision had turned into an out of body experience. My spirit was pulled forward as it left my earthly body, my spirit was pulled forward, through the Gardens of Lorien, and I heard "whoosh" sounds and felt a strong but wonderful wind blowing over me and through me as my spirit was pulled through the Gardens. As I flew over the Gardens, I felt a rush of wild excitement and sheer joy come crashing onto me like a huge wave. This was one of the most awesome experience I've ever had. It was exhilarating. I wanted to shout for joy as I flew above and through the Gardens, but I simply basked in the feeling of pure joy I was experiencing.

Fortunately for me, even as excited as I was to be there, I still paid attention to my surroundings because I didn't want to miss any of that. There was a lot of beautiful flowers radiating silvery light (I also saw red lilies among other things) and some places where bathed in silvery light, and I also saw the white cottage, commonly known as the Cottage of the Children or the Cottage of the Play of Sleep. As I was "walking" the Path of Dreams, I left my earthly body behind and entered the Spirit Realm, and there were the Gardens. As I was flying above and through the Gardens, I was delighting in the sight of the silvery light, the flowers, the trees, and the white cottage. I think I even heard the chirping of birds. Then I saw him walking in his Gardens. And he was visible to me this time too, this angel who made a difference in my life, this angel I had already encountered twice. I didn't know it yet, but he and Daddy Jesus were about to bless me with an encounter with a passed away loved one, and closure.

Irmo was exactly as I imagined him to be. He looked like a young man in his early twenties with long hair white as snow and eyes a light blue (of course he's different from Namo who has long ebony black hair and grey eyes and look slightly older than Irmo). He was wearing silver and grey robes and I remember details like both the long sleeves around his wrists and the edges of his robes being dark gray. And the rest of his robes being silver just like the silvery light bathing parts of his Gardens. When I saw him, the feeling of pure joy in me intensified (if it's even possible, but all in all, I had never been this blissfully happy in my whole life, except during some of the encounters I had with Daddy Jesus). As I flew toward him, I laughed happily and waved my arms at him. He looked at me, his face softened into a smile that invaded his eyes. He looked at me with a mixture of joy, love and pride. A wave of gentle, warm, loving energy coming from him washed over me, like an embrace. I wanted to land and go to him, but I was still being pulled forward, so I flew past him. I turned my head and looked at him over my shoulder. He gave me a sympathetic and knowing look, and his peace washed over me.

Next thing I know, I'm back in my room, but I'm not yet returned to my earthly body. And I'm being held by solid arms. I know this energy and I know who is holding me. I don't try to pull away, I don't protest, I don't try to flee, protecting myself from the grief that might come later once we are separated again doesn't even cross my mind. It was my earthly father who passed away years ago. He called me his baby girl like he used to. As I looked at him, I wanted to tell him how sorry I was for having failed him, for having failed to help him with his problems, for having failed to make things better for the both of us, but he didn't give me time to say anything. He held me in his arms and told me to stop torturing myself with the past, that he love me and couldn't be more proud of me, that I am not alone or really separated from him, and that he is with me always. His arms tightened around me and he held me closer. Then his spirit was gone, well back to being immaterial and invisible anyway. I received a vision of the Gardens of Lorien and Irmo smiling tenderly at me. I returned the smile.

And I said, "Thank you, Daddy Jesus", and my heart was full of gratitude for the blessings He bestowed upon me, for this closure, and for His unfailing love. The disembodied voice of Daddy Jesus seemed to come from everywhere, even from within me (and in the Spirit Realms, beings communicate via telepathy or thought exchange). He said, "You're most welcome". I felt His peace wash over me and He gave me a spiritual hug. Then I returned to my earthly body and awoke, full of peace, feeling more at peace than ever before. Thank you Daddy Jesus, Irmo, and Namo, I'm looking forward to our next meeting and to learning everything you can teach me, I know you all love me, and I love you all too...
      Two must read redemption arcs/fanfics, this is the ending we all deserved (and my compliments to the authors):

"Legend of Zelda: Breaking the cycle", by Assassin master ezio 91 <3 :yeppers: :cheers:

"The Minish Magician", by EternalFluffy <3 :yeppers: :) :cheers:

My FFN and AO3 pages (with my favorite fandoms, fanfictions, and ships):

fanfiction.net/u/5538096/ (My favorite fanfictions are in my "favorite stories" section)

archiveofourown.org/users/dmichelle312/profile (My favorite fanfictions are bookmarked and recced)

The post was edited 3 times, last by Michelle ().

• Yet another zombie dream:

I was with Norman Reedus/Daryl Dixon and we were at a convenient store trying to get some food. We grabbed a few thing and started eating then we got spooked by some zombies so we quickly grabbed some water and other snacks and ran. Next thing I knew the whole walking dead crew was there and we were in a locker room surrounded by zombies, Daryl threw me into a locker to hide me, (apparently I was so afraid of the zombies that I would just completely freeze up and was no good to anyone) as he was putting me in the locker zombies were popping out of the lockers I looked at Daryl and kept repeating they'll get me, they'll get me, he told me it would be okay as he closed the door. Then I saw the whole crew killing the zombies as I watched them kill them I unfortunately woke up.

Second dream I remember from last night:

I remember there was a virus outbreak and to stop it the government launched nukes. Everybody started running when they saw the nukes coming when they landed though they exploded but instead of a fire blast they let out like a chemically lava/acid river that melted everything in it's path, I tried to outrun it but I couldn't and my legs quickly caught on fire. Luckily before I died I apparently had some magical time traveling device because I was back when the nuke first launched I quickly got on a school bus and me and the people booked it out of there. It was horrible though because we watched the nukes (that turned into little bombs) explode all around the bus and barely miss us. We made it out of the blast zone safe but when we got to the safe zone we had to pass a checkpoint with kids that had water balloons filled with the virus If you got hit with a balloon you were dead and couldn't pass. I was running up a hill with another kid while trying to dodge the water balloons and then it happened the kid throwing them hit me. I looked at the kid beside me and said just keep going I then grabbed a few water balloons I found on the ground and threw them at the kid as we both passed him then I woke up.

The post was edited 1 time, last by zeldalives4ever ().

• I was about to free some abused animals at a farm along with a few people. But what we found was a closed gate leading to a gigantic caged area. We figured some exotic animals were held there and focused on that. However, it was very exotic animals. As soon as the gate was open, we were attacked by Velociraptors. (Someone has been influenced by the Jurassic World-trailer).
      We shut the doors and did our best to keep them inside. But it was really damn hard to lock the gate since we broke the lock.
      But we did it somehow and I moved on.

I was going to a summer house when the ground suddenly shattered and floated upwards into the sky. So now I was stuck on a floating island.
      Media was all over this of course and no one knew how this happened or why. There were several clusters of floating islands and I wasn't the only one trapped on them.
      Days went by with nothing happening. Food were sent to us by balloons but no one wanted to bring us down because people thought it was suspicious that we ended up there. As if we were "chosen" for some unknown purpose. Some even thought we were aliens in disguise!
      Then the islands crumbled and broke into tinier pieces. It got harder to find a location where you couldn't risk falling and the islands started moving with the wind.
      Suddenly I was back on the ground. I had to hide because some maniacs wanted to kill me due to the alien-theory.
      And then I woke up.

-Edgar Allan Poe
    • I don't have any strange dream phenomenon or unusual tropes today. It's just a somewhat normal dream about a shared interest that most of us have in video games:

So in the dream, my older brother and I were both at my aunt's house, and he was telling a coule of our relatives and about how he'd been playing a game called Grand Theft Auto: Peruvian City on the Dolphin emulator. He was doing this on the PC that I gave him, and my first thought was, "How'd he manage to get Dolphin to run on that computer!?" It's like a Pentium IV Dell from the early 2000s. Maybe if he got a new graphics card and put an extra GB of RAM into it (if the board would take it), Dolphin would run only a decent bit of slowdown. I'm not really sure, but inside of the dream, I'd reckoned him to be some sort of PC-rigging sorcerer!

So I asked him how he'd managed to do that, and he grinned, saying, "I've got skills."
      "Really?"
      "Yeah."
      "All right... so is it (the GTA game) any good?"
      "No, it's boring. The graphics aren't as good as GTA5." (That is totally something that he would say.)

After this conversation, my uncle gave him a lecture about mentioning the GTA series when his daughter was around (because he's a big churchgoer). Of course, my uncle was totally correct about the evil GTA series. My brother should have been mentioning the righteous Zelda series in front of his daughter, but my brother doesn't like Zelda for the same reason that he didn't like Grand Theft Auto: Peruvian City. :P

The dream ends shortly after that, and I'm left to wonder about the motion-controlled crime-filled romp through Peru that might have been.
      "Wow! This looks pretty heavy. You won't be able to lift it because you're a Dalek and have a plunger for a hand."
    • I was at a summer camp for adults. Except it was more like a rehab than anything else..... But we called it summer camp because it felt nicer. I don't know why I was there though.
      Anyway, everyone lived in tiny cabins in pairs. I was shown to mine and my roomate happened to be Måns Zelmerlöw.
      He's such a panty-dropping cutie and I got awstruck immedietly even though I don't really care about him. But I did in my dream.
      I don't know what he's like irl. All I know is that he's a nymphomaniac.
      That was, among other things, the reason why he went to this camp. We had long conversations, talking about his life. He had been in a gang, tried to commit suicide etc.
      For some reason I fell for this guy... The suicidal, gangbanger who can't keep his dick in his pants. I suppose I was shallow and only saw his looks. But even though he was a nymphomaniac I wasn't good enough for him. He could screw everyone except me. That was very frustrating.
      I went for long bikerides to keep my mind off him.

Then I suddenly was in the sea, diving. I swam to the bottom along with another person and checked out a shipwreck.
      A sturgeon with babies lived there though and she wasn't happy to have visitors. So she attacked me. I swam for my life to the surface and climbed onto a rock.
      I had to get in the water again so I could get to land but now a shark came and chased me (of course). It was about to get me so I woke up.

I hate that all my waterdreams have sharks in them, and they're always going to eat me. :(

-Edgar Allan Poe
    • zeldalives4ever wrote:

Recurring dream that I have were I am stuck in high school wondering why I am there seeing how i graduate decades ago wondering how I am going to pass my classes. Then I have my fellow students asking me why I am there and I am like I don't know really.

I've had dreams like that too. Though I have no idea what it means.

I had a boring dream about dating. I went on numerous dates and they all were dull. I thought: "I surely won't share this dream on ZU, it's far too boring! ....Hey wait a minute. I'm dating aliens, that's worth sharing".
      That's the ONLY part I remember from that dream. I don't even remember my dates, only that they were aliens.

Then I dreamed I was in a clothing store with my mom. I found a pair of victorian gloves I really liked but my mom said "they look stupid! And you're stupid for liking them".
      I put them down for just a second to talk back at my mom and when I turned around again the store had turned into a restaurant. It was a store until the evening, then they changed the interior. So now I was having a dinner with my family and relatives.
      But I hadn't forgotten about the gloves, I started to obsess about them. I demanded to the owner that I had to have them.
      He had 5 young girls as interns and they had to check the entire warehouse. When they hadn't found them I forced them to check again. I was like a dictator.
      I never got them because it turned out they belonged to a customer.
      And that was it.

-Edgar Allan Poe

The post was edited 1 time, last by Miss Poe ().

• I dreamed I had a threesome with @Stryder Aedernis and someone else from ZU. I don't know who.
      It's kind of blurry but I know that happened, though I don't remember any more details.
      Why do I have kinky dreams about ZUers? :( It's not like it's the first time.

-Edgar Allan Poe

The post was edited 2 times, last by Miss Poe ().

• My dreams are usually pretty fucking random and weird...but this one was kinda different...but in a good way...

The girl's name was Kaitlyn.

My family and I were traveling in Virginia and we stopped at an Edward McKay thrift store. She ntocied me first and immediately strikes up a conversation with me. I wasn't interested at first but she wouldn't leave me alone. But she eventually got my attention and after offerinng to buy me candy and soda she offered to go get dinner at a Sonics fast food restaurant that was conviently inside a mall. We had a big dinner and it was bloody obvious she was into me. Then for some reason my parents let me stay with her at a house that she owned all to herself(I know I'm almost 22 but come on~)

A few days past and we learned alot about each other and we had a lot in common. We even went to play paintball and we grew even closer because of it. Soon she told me of her past:

Her mom remarried her original husband's brother but they couldn't have children because he was a eunuch(don't as me why). So they got a donor. But the father was a bastard basically. Kaitlyn was a free-spirited girl who spoke her mind and was very independent. From the father's upbrining, his beliefs for women went back to the '50s. So he wanted to send her a boarding school for girls. Her mom thankfully helped Kaitlyn by using the wealthy she got from her own business to buy her a house in Virginia to keep her away from her father. Then she met me.

Later on, her father finally tracks Kaitlyn down and tries one last time to drag back home, but living with me had giving her the courage to stand up to her father and she objected sternly and proudly. He backed down without a fight and left for good.

...Then we looked at each other...and I'm sure you can tell what happens next...

The dream ends there.

Now the question is: Where did that come from???I've never had a dream like that at all.
    • Keyaki, it brings to mind the Celtic elopement myths. There are several of them from different regions, but most of them follow a certain formula: There's a young warrior who has taken interest in the king's wife or daughter. The wife or daughter falls in love the warrior, and the king does not like this at all. So the two run off into the woods or otherwise try to escape the king's watchful eye. The king sends his men in pursuit, and they either escape or the young warrior is killed. As recently as a hundred years ago in Ireland, they would end weddings by having the couple ride off on horseback (emulating the fleeing in the myths).

There are those who think that certain archetypal motifs exist within the unconscious minds of most people. These motifs manifest themselves in mythology throughout the world, causing the bizarre similarities between myths that are developed independently of each other over great distances (sometimes entire oceans). Anyway, perhaps you just dreamed up your own little romance epic.
      "Wow! This looks pretty heavy. You won't be able to lift it because you're a Dalek and have a plunger for a hand."
    • I had a pretty strange dream about superheroes, of a sort.

I was literally young Goku from Dragon Ball (when he was just a child) and had to wander about the city to fight crime. I thought I saw some criminals - these two huge dudes - who were beating up some other guy. They saw me and challenged me to a fight, and when the biggest of them charged at me I cried out, "Hippo Style!" and adopted the Hippo Stance (which totally made sense in the dream) and easily tossed this enormously heavy guy over my shoulder.

I remember, though, that it took an immense amount of strength in the dream, and it was only because I had superhuman strength that I was able to achieve the feat. The guy's brother then declared that he liked me and that they'd teach me how to fight - I knew then that they were called 'psychokinetics', and were in fact superheroes themselves.

They spent most of the dream teaching me how to throw and grapple enemies, not using physical strength but telekinesis lol. It was amusing that in the dream, they were totally different from being telekinetic which was a different brand of superhero altogether (and one that I was pretty sure I fell into, as well as super strength). Instead, they assures me that psychokinesis was about "throwing and grappling with the mind".

Later they introduced me to their superhero companions, a whole squad of them. Two women had no powers, but had really cool cars. However the only abilities of the cars were that, when driven back and forth in synchronicity, it blurred the shape of the car and made a small illusion. Somehow this seemed really awesome in the dream, lol.

I was hoping to go out and actually fight crime, but the rest of the dream was just spent socialising with the other heroes.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dante Alighieri ().

• ecrofirt wrote:

Keyaki, it brings to mind the Celtic elopement myths. There are several of them from different regions, but most of them follow a certain formula: There's a young warrior who has taken interest in the king's wife or daughter. The wife or daughter falls in love the warrior, and the king does not like this at all. So the two run off into the woods or otherwise try to escape the king's watchful eye. The king sends his men in pursuit, and they either escape or the young warrior is killed. As recently as a hundred years ago in Ireland, they would end weddings by having the couple ride off on horseback (emulating the fleeing in the myths).

There are those who think that certain archetypal motifs exist within the unconscious minds of most people. These motifs manifest themselves in mythology throughout the world, causing the bizarre similarities between myths that are developed independently of each other over great distances (sometimes entire oceans). Anyway, perhaps you just dreamed up your own little romance epic.

Yea but, unfortunately, I'm a bit cynical when it comes to love and romances in general. I find stories like that just so unrealistic that it hurts. Let alone a lot of them just seem plain stupid and can at times the delude readers into believing these unrealistic ideas of how love is supposed to be. Like Twilight and (ugh) Fifty Shades of Grey(I think I just gave myself cancer by spelling that title out).

You get the picture and I whole-heartedly believe that dreams are product of person's self-conscious but that dream seemed completely out-of-nowhere and completely and absolutely alien. Though it's a dream I don't want to ever forget.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Keyaki ().

• I worked at an office and one day there was a flood. My boss was a real bitch who made the employees fix it instead of calling the plumber. The entire floors were covered in water up to the ankles.
      Then, to make things worse, an FBI swat-team burst in and threatened all of us and basically held us hostage. They were going to arrest my boss and probably thought that everyone was in on her criminal stuff.
      So we had to fix the problem with the water while armed men pointed their guns at us. And on top of that, we had a room filled with angry bees and someone had to feed them once every hour. In another room there were 2 bears and someone had to make sure they were still there every now and then.

I don't remember how this all ended.

-Edgar Allan Poe