Items Bought:
    -Food stuffs (20)
    -Soap (10)
    -Straw mat (20)
    -Lantern (50)
    Remaining Rupees: 0
    Attempted Theft: Yes
    (if so) Items stolen: Oil
    (if so) Success or Failure: (will be declared after your post, as I will determine it. After it is determined, you can edit in the result here)
    “Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
  • Name: Vuori
    Sex: Male
    Race: Goron

Height: 7’4
    Weight: 520lb
    Hair Color/Style: Grey cowlick on the middle of scalp
    Eye Color: Dark blue

Appearance: Reddish brown skin with a heavy build, broad shoulders with tiny spikes on them and a sphere shaped head. He wears a cloth belt with a few cloth pouches to store assorted items and his survival gear.

Hyrule home: Death Mountain

Survival Gear: In his pouches he has some assorted rocks, a few pieces of scrap metal, a red potion, some deku nuts, feathers a few rupees and a dirty glass bottle found on the mountain.

Weapons: A hammer named Genadeslag with a 1.5 foot long hilt and a iron block on the end weighing aproxemetly 80lbs
    Armour: Like most Gorons Vuori has rock hard skin that is extremly hard to penetrate.

Magic and Skills: Like most Gorons when he rolls fast enough Vuori can create a rolling wheel of spikes but this does not last long.
    Vuori has an incredible strength which is greater than your average Goron allowing him to do crushing blows with his hammer

Battle Strengths: Vuori can deal crushing blows with his hammer due to his enormous strength. Vuori swings his hammer in a radius around him destroying anything in that radius.
    Battle Weaknesses: Vuori is fairly clumsy when he strikes and only good when there is a vast array of enemies to target as he swings Genadeslag in wide arcs hopping to crush any foes.

Personality: Vuori is a kind and very quiet Goron who does very well when given orders and can be a very loyal companion. He has a habit of reliving people of their belongings.

History: When Vuori was a child he towered over the other gorons and was labelled as an outcast by the other child Gorons but none the less Vuori tried to make friends and help but by age 16 he was a permanent outcast. Leaving the main group in death mountain Vuori went to live by the base where he took to ambushing stray travellers and reliving them of the wares and goods. Vuori lived in a cave at the bottom of the mountain for most of his life making caves in the mountain side so he could acquire food and metal scrapes to create weapons mainly his hammer. While scavenging the mountain he found a bomb flower not knowing what it was he picked a bomb and brought it home, eventually it blew and his caves where destroyed. By the age 39 he moved further up the mountain so he could watch and protect his brothers. One day Vuori had gone down the mountain to a village to sell some rocks but as he descended the mountain he saw water coming towards the mountain in a panic he dropped everything and went to warn the Gorons to get high up in the mountain. Not seeing if they listened he fled up to the highest point he could find and watched the water come slowly up the mountain.
  • It’s me again!

And I’m happy to tell you that the first posts are written as well as posted! Before I post the links to direct you, however, I’m going to give a brief description of what’s happening. First off, I am using my characters to set up the locations where the groups will meet. You may assume that your character (if your character is in the same group as either Alina or Gormarcus) is on the same island and can choose to introduce yourself to me or anyone else in the group any way you like.

Secondly, Wind Waker is ridiculous and it’s very safe to assume that no island in the game is actually capable of sustaining life if it existed in the real world. To establish some sense of reality, we will be making the assumption that the islands are much, much larger than they are in the game, though the same basic locations and topography will be kept as close as possible.

Thirdly, I will remind you once again that the islands are barren. This means there are no monsters or even Hylian animals roaming around. They died. If you really, really want to, I’ll allow for a few birds or mice tucked away somewhere, so long as it’s a creature that normally can be found in alpine wilderness. These peaks were also high enough that there aren’t any trees. There are alpine shrubs present, but that’s all. If this sounds way too boring at the outset, don’t be worried—I have plans to spice things up as the story moves along.

Additionally, you may only post in the in-character thread if your profile has been added to the first post of this thread and if you have PM’d the random word in the rules to me. If you have failed to meet these requirements and post anyways, your post will be removed and you will have to post again once you have met them.

Finally! Once you have posted in the in-character thread, you may not come back to the OoC and choose to buy equipment from the starting event. I don’t want anyone metagaming, but I also want to allow those who haven’t posted yet the chance to buy supplies. Once you make your post about buying or stealing materials, those items are yours and there’s no do-overs because that shop is now underwater. I’ve posted the results for those who chose to steal, so you may edit the section for your character into the post you used to buy things.

Just to clarify the theft process, I’m using 20-sided dice to determine results. The difficulty check (DC) for stealing from the merchant is average, which means the number your character had to get was 15 or higher. Any lower is an automatic failure.

Theft Results so Far

*Hana—succeeded in stealing the hiking kit with an 8 + 11.
    Received Bonuses: +5 for being a thief, +7 for being assisted.
    Penalty: None.

*Chaith—failed in stealing the lantern oil with a 12 + 0.
    Received Bonuses: None.
    Penalty: #2—Chaith was caught trying to steal the oil and was forced to pay a fine. Because he didn’t have any remaining rupees, the oil was returned to the merchant along with his straw mat.

*Garett—succeeded in stealing the medical kit with a 12 + 5.
    Received Bonuses: +5 for being a thief

*Ela--succeeded in stealing the hiking kit with a 4 +11
    Received Bonuses: +5 for being a thief (yes, I'm counting treasure hunting as thievery as it does apply many of the same skills), +7 for being assisted.

*Ela--succeeded in stealing the grappling hook launcher with an 18 +11
    Received Bonuses: +5 for being a thief (yes, I'm counting treasure hunting as thievery as it does apply many of the same skills), +7 for being assisted.

Items Characters Bought

Krako—Pickaxe, bottle
    Remaining rupees: 0

Viola—Rope, food stuffs, wool blanket, water canteen, soap, medical kit, sewing kit, lantern, fairy spirit
    Remaining Rupees: 245

Gakuto—Sewing kit, water canteen, straw mat
    Remaining Rupees: 5

Chaith—Food stuffs, soap, lantern

Hana—Hiking kit, medical kit

Garett—1 bottle, poe soul, medical kit

Ela--food stuffs, wool blanket, medical kit, sewing kit, lantern, red potion + bottle, 5 deku nuts, hiking kit, grappling hook launcher
    Remaining Rupees: 70

Rauruma--shovel, lantern, iron pot, oil, sail
    Remaining Rupees: 10

THE BIG DOG LINKS FOR THE IN-CHARACTER THREAD:

Group A (link here)
    Starting Location: Needle Rock Isle (remember, those trees and grass aren’t actually there!)
    *Hana
    *Gakuto
    *Kempe
    *Alina
    *Chaith

Group B (link here)
    Starting Location: Private Oasis (remember, the cabana, pool, and the plant life do not yet exist!)
    *Garret
    *Viola
    *Krako
    *Ela
    *Gormarcus
    *Captain Rauruma

(Sig pic by Aoi Tori)
    ~Fairby Minions~

The post was edited 3 times, last by Fairess ().

• Character: Ela
    Current Rupees: 300
    Items Bought: Food Stuffs; Wool Blanket; Medical Kit; Sewing Kit; Lantern; Red Potion + Bottle; 5 Deku Nuts
    Remaining Rupees: 70
    Attempted Theft: Hiking Kit (assisted by Captain Rauruma); Grappling Hook Launcher (assisted by Captain Rauruma)
    (if so) Items stolen: Hiking Kit; Grappling Hook
    (if so) Success or Failure: Both were successful.

The post was edited 1 time, last by timehopper ().

• Hey guys, for those of you still here, can you let us know if you are still interested in joining or continuing this? Right now we are still tinkering around trying to get the forums to the best we can be, but we would like to figure out if we should restart the ZRPG or continue this one. Feedback is much appreciated.

:heart: Rinn “Arwyn” Nailo drawn by Liah :heart:
    Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
    Characters | The Time Lost | The Rumors We Believe | Ruki's Reviews
  • Im interested, although I don't know about starting over. To me it seems a bit tedious to have to go through the same moments with the same characters (or those still there). However, if it comes to it I'd be fine either way. ^^ y'know, starting over or not.
    “Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
  • OK, so essentially it seems that a lot of people have left/drop the story. Fairess has stepped down as DM, and I'll be picking it up for the time being.

Since it would be really hard to continue with how things are currently set up, we will probably restart. If people want to keep their characters, they are allowed to. If old people eventually return and want to pick up with their old characters, they can do that too.

After re-advertersing this and hopefully getting a new batch of people to help flesh it out a bit more beyond for people, we will restart the RP. Same premise, new group.

Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
  • OK, so after finally fixing things up, I'm going to get this thing on the road again. Now there is a quick FAQ thing I'm going to answer before I do so:

FAQ:
    1) Why are there so many characters name crossed off on the opening list?
    Because they are the players who didn't respond initially when I asked who was still interested in continuing. That means when the RP starts again, we shouldn't expect posts from those characters or players.
    2) My character is crossed off, but I still want to play!
    Then simply state you want to, and you'll be added back to the active player list.
    3) How many characters do we need before restarting?
    I want at least 3 new characters made and approved before we start again.
    4) How do I make a new character?
    Please see first post for details.

• So it's my understanding that this is still the official ZRPG, and from what I can see the only (fairly recently) active ZRPG, correct? Given that most of these posts date back to months ago, are we still looking to continue this topic or is there a possibility of starting completely anew?

Also, sorry if I'm missing something; this is my first time role playing here and I'm still trying to gather the ropes, aha.
  • This indeed is the official ZRPG. As you can probably see the crash really took the wind out of our sails and the previous DM for this stepped down. I took it up but I've been busy with other mod things to give it my full attention. Thankfully though stuff has calmed down, so I should be able to get to it this weekend when I get back. In the meantime, feel free to make a character and PM it to me. I'll look it over and if its good, you can post.Ive also been working on race relations for people to go by in the RP. The main one though is that the Gerudo are pretty much universally hated.