Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Improve relations with Zelda Wiki and make a sub-forum

Post by gamtos ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.
    • There's not an awful lot of other stuff to discuss here as it boils down to the admins of both websites. For instance, who moderates the section isn't exactly up to us.

We could take over some guides on how to use Zelda Wiki, maybe edit them a bit to work with the ZU experience and then sticky 'em :)

Partial signature credit to Eternalegend
    • Spaghetticus wrote:

Who is going to have the time to individually review each edit a person has made in order to judge their quality, and how would they decide that someone has become an editor deserving of a banner celebrating their contributions? A number of edits is the easiest and most efficient way of determining and maintaining this.

That's my team's job. We review every edit made on the wiki. So yes, it is quite feasible to take quality over quantity. Just let us take care of the quality checking.
      I definitely agree that quality is the best way to do it. As long as people are at least putting forth an effort, we could easily start with 50-100 edits.

And as for the permissions that everyone keeps talking about, Liah and I discussed it and decided that I'll moderate the section myself along with the help of one of the forum mods. If I find someone who can do a decent job of moderating it on my team, then I can pass it off to them. So that's all taken care of.
      (former) Technical administrator and developer for Zelda Universe and Zelda Wiki.
      Want to know more about ZW? Read up!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Justin ZW ().

• Oh ya, just to back Justin on that; since we've not had the forum yet, obv. I can't judge for sure who'd be a good fit for it, so over time we'll watch it and pick out a good candidate, but until then, it'll be Justin and one of my other mods temp-helping.

I'm doing this because I don't want this forum to be SEPARATE from the rest of the community, like this is our forum community--and this is the Z Wiki board. I want to bring in a mod who has shown dedication to that board over time, so that they will become a PERMA part of my team, making that board as important IN my staff area, as every other board. I would like very much to cross over our communities, starting with the leadership, so that it's not just adding in a new group; it's mixing it into what I already look after. This means Justin and I will work together more frequently, and that's fine! He's a cool dude ;3.
    • Malia wrote:

Oh ya, just to back Justin on that; since we've not had the forum yet, obv. I can't judge for sure who'd be a good fit for it, so over time we'll watch it and pick out a good candidate, but until then, it'll be Justin and one of my other mods temp-helping.

I'm doing this because I don't want this forum to be SEPARATE from the rest of the community, like this is our forum community--and this is the Z Wiki board. I want to bring in a mod who has shown dedication to that board over time, so that they will become a PERMA part of my team, making that board as important IN my staff area, as every other board. I would like very much to cross over our communities, starting with the leadership, so that it's not just adding in a new group; it's mixing it into what I already look after. This means Justin and I will work together more frequently, and that's fine! He's a cool dude ;3.

I've edited for a few years on the wiki before, but it's always off an on since I'm a horrible writer (it takes me 10+ minutes to figure out how to structure a section of a page). I think this idea would be awesome, since the Zelda Wiki Heart Piece section (I don't know what's it's called anymore, the section where you talk about the wiki it'self) is always filled with how to improve the wiki alongside general issues which are buried under walls and walls of text. Instead of posting everything on one big talk page, each issue could have its own thread. Alongside the ZU Mods and Justin, I think another wiki admin should help Justin. I would name one, but I don't know who is who anymore.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Maroon ().

• Zelda Wiki Central - Zelda Universe Forums - The world's largest Legend of Zelda fan community

And it's a thing now, guys :) Right now we have Spagh and Ty temp-modded in there, a general thread up, and a chat thread. I'm giving this a three-month trial before I come back to reassess in case we need to change/tweak anything.

Thank you to gormor for working hard on this with me; you're a superstar.