Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
  • Discussion
The War Room II: NORTH KOREA IS BEST KOREA
  • I can't believe we're still talking about this, but if you want to continue to relive the events of the 2016 election, then we can do that.

If someone had actually filed and pursued a credible sexual assault case against Trump over the years, that would be one thing. The Access Hollywood Tape, on the other hand, is not evidence of anything. Believe it or not, grabbing someone by the pussy is not actually rape if they're ok with it.

If Ugyur was truly repentant, he could change the name of the show or actually affirm the reality of the Armenian Genocide, but he continues to refuse to do that for some reason.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bill ().

• Mike, you're free to construct and live in an alternate reality that is more comfortable to your psyche, but unless you can provide some material evidence that Donald Trump raped somebody, I'm not going to indulge this further. Of course I am against rape, but continuing to repeat this claim, although it may be personally comforting, is obviously not going to lead anywhere.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Bill ().

• Bill wrote:

LadySunshine wrote:

@linkthezora I mean the same thing basically happened with the Armenian Genocide. People still deny it happened and it only recently became recognized. It baffles me not only that people think they can get away with this type of denial, but also sometimes do.
    There is even a progressive TV show whose title seems to glorify this event. It's called the Young Turks.
    To be fair, though, I thought it was because he was from Turkey. Y'know, where the word 'Turks' come from. That doesn't change that he's kind of a jerk for not at least admitting that his country did a horrible thing. What's he to lose?

As far as Trump goes, he's still rehashing the Elections. newsmax.com/Politics/trump-bra…win/2017/04/28/id/787019/

President Donald Trump is still thinking about his surprise win last November — and he gleefully bragged about it this week in an interview about his first 100 days in office.
    "[Trump] sort of interrupted himself and handed out this map of the Electoral College," Reuters' White House reporter Jeff Mason, who spoke to the commander in chief, said Friday on CNN's "New Day."

"And [he] said that these were the latest figures of the areas in the country that he had won in 2016 ...

"So it was just clear that the election, even five months after — he's been in office nearly 100 days and gone through the transition — remains very much on his mind."
    Mason, whose article on the billionaire businessman-turned-nation's leader was published on Thursday, added: "I think he just wanted to relish in the fact that this map looks good for him. He said, 'The red is obviously us.'

"Whether that is rooted in a sense that he still has to prove he won or that he's upset that the media got it wrong in terms of the predictions ahead of time, that's hard for me to say."
    So yes, five months after the elections, Trump still can't stop thinking about it. He's been in office almost 100 days and he can't stop thinking about it. Did you see Obama doing that four months into his presidency? "Here, let me pause and show you all how I soundly curbstomped John McCain/Mitt Romney. Here are the maps, the blue is obviously us." Did he do that? No, no he did not. What does that tell you about Trump?

So yes, @Bill, if he's going to keep rehashing the Elections to the point of interrupting important meetings to show off old electoral maps, we're going to keep rehashing how he likes grabbing women by their vaginas without their consent!!

"I'm the King of the Seas!" - Said every Orca Whale Ever

The post was edited 7 times, last by linkthezora ().

• Since Mike routinely states as a matter of fact that Donald Trump is a rapist, I would encourage him to to provide his evidence to prosecutors so they can move forward with a case, since he clearly knows something they don't.

What does that tell you about Trump?

It tells me he is smart. It tells me that he understands he needs to get this message out to counterbalance the constantly negative message from the press.

All I heard from the mainstream press this week is that his first 100 days was a failure.

As an actual Trump voter, I understand this is nothing more than gas-lighting and an attempt to destroy morale. I'm thrilled with his first 100 days and suspect he's only going to do better as he gets more experience on the job. It's not his fault that the judiciary overreached to block his travel bans or his plans to withhold federal funding of Sanctuary Cities (which lack majority support even in liberal places like California).

And I'm not an anomaly. The Washington Post came out with a story this week or last that showed the vast, vast majority of Trump voters (I believe it was 96%) would vote for him again. In fact, the proportion was higher than Clinton voters. So the "buyer's remorse/disillusioned Trump voter" narrative is a completely fake one.

washingtonpost.com/news/the-fi…o/?utm_term=.a88d410710e9

This isn't meant to be an endorsement of WaPo generally. They are rabidly anti-Trump, but I cite them because they are considered a "mainstream" source, and I will give credit to them for publishing an honest piece for once.

His low approval rating is not surprising either. It's a reflection that the country is incredibly (and dangerously) divided. The people who voted for Trump think he is doing a fine job; those who didn't, don't.

The Republican Congress, on the other hand, has been awful. They have a majority in both chambers and no excuses for their failure to pass legislation. Trump is not a dictator and we don't want him to be. Executive Orders have limits. Legislation needs to go through Congress. If they fail to pass tax cuts or fund the wall, Trump voters are going to stay home in 2018. I can tell you that I have far more resentment of Paul Ryan, John McCain et. al. than just about any Democrat.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Bill ().

• Bill wrote:

Since Mike routinely states as a matter of fact that Donald Trump is a rapist, I would encourage him to to provide his evidence to prosecutors so they can move forward with a case, since he clearly knows something they don't.

What does that tell you about Trump?
    It tells me he is smart. It tells me that he understands he needs to get this message out to counterbalance the constantly negative message from the press.

All I heard from the mainstream press this week is that his first 100 days was a failure.

As an actual Trump voter, I understand this is nothing more than gas-lighting and an attempt to destroy morale. I'm thrilled with his first 100 days and suspect he's only going to do better as he gets more experience on the job. It's not his fault that the judiciary overreached to block his travel bans or his plans to withhold federal funding of Sanctuary Cities (which lack majority support even in liberal places like California).

And I'm not an anomaly. The Washington Post came out with a story this week or last that showed the vast, vast majority of Trump voters (I believe it was 96%) would vote for him again. In fact, the proportion was higher than Clinton voters. So the "buyer's remorse/disillusioned Trump voter" narrative is a completely fake one.

washingtonpost.com/news/the-fi…o/?utm_term=.a88d410710e9

This isn't meant to be an endorsement of WaPo generally. They are rabidly anti-Trump, but I cite them because they are considered a "mainstream" source, and I will give credit to them for publishing an honest piece for once.

The Republican Congress, on the other hand, has been awful. They have a majority in both chambers and no excuses for their failure to pass legislation. Trump is not a dictator and we don't want him to be. Executive Orders have limits. Legislation needs to go through Congress. If they fail to pass tax cuts or fund the wall, Trump voters are going to stay home in 2018. I can tell you that I have far more hatred resentment Paul Ryan, John McCain et. al. than just about any Democrat.
    So let me get this straight...

You think:

• Endlessly blabbing about how you narrowly won an election that ended five months ago

and

• Admitting in an interview that you thought the job as US presidency would be a lot easier than it actually is

...is a mark of a smart man?

Really? If I were in Donald Trump's shoes, if I won the elections by a narrow margin and had no clue what I was getting myself into, you know what I'd do?

It's really rather simple, actually.

NOT BLAB ABOUT THE ELECTIONS, KEEP QUIET AND TRY TO FIGURE OUT THE JOB IN SILENCE. IF I DON'T THINK I HAVE WHAT IT TAKES, QUIETLY RESIGN (make up some BS like failing health or whatever...) AND LET THE VICE-PRESIDENT TAKE OVER.

• And maybe that's why Donald Trump is President and you aren't.

It's very easy to be an armchair QB. I guarantee if Donald Trump had followed conventions and listened to advice (particularly from those seeking to undermine him), there's no way he would have gotten to where he has.

It is pretty amusing seeing all the armchair experts who aren't billionaires or the President of the USA trying to offer unsolicited "advice" as if it has any real value.

If Donald Trump is such an incompetent buffoon, what does that say about the rest of us? But please, by all means, continue to believe this.

• The material evidence is that Trump literally said he approaches women and sexually assaults them. He admitted that of his own free will without any pressure. That you cannot understand that is sexual assault is what is the issue here.

“Gandalf put his hand on Pippin's head. "There never was much hope," he answered. "Just a fool's hope, as I have been told.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King

• Bill wrote:

And maybe that's why Donald Trump is President and you aren't.

It's very easy to be an armchair QB. I guarantee if Donald Trump had followed conventions and listened to advice (particularly from those seeking to undermine him), there's no way he would have gotten to where he has.

It is pretty amusing seeing all the armchair experts who aren't billionaires or the President of the USA trying to offer unsolicited "advice" as if it has any real value.

If Donald Trump is such an incompetent buffoon, what does that say about the rest of us? But please, by all means, continue to believe this.
    Yes, please keep trying to demean and belittle us. I'm sure that'll make us want to listen and take you seriously.

And I'm happy to report that we will continue to offer 'unsolicited advice'. Don't like it? Freedom of speech sucks when it's biting your ass, huh?

@Avalanchemike -- Donald Trump could literally sucker-punch a woman across the face, on live camera, sending her to the floor and Trump supporters would still think it fake news and "liberal propaganda".

The post was edited 1 time, last by linkthezora ().

• Cenk Uygur was born in Turkey and this is a culture where they're indoctrinated into believing that the genocide didn't happen. For reference genocidewatch.net/2015/01/20/o…n-killings-genocide-poll/ So it is no surprise that he didn't believe the genocide happened when he was younger, most Turkey born Turks don't and probably even less believed it when he was born back in 1970's Turkey (that doesn't make it right, it just shows a huge problem with Turkish culture.) Then he moved to America and as he gained access to information that revealed the truth and deprogrammed him, he acknowledged his mistakes multiple times on air. He acknowledged the genocide and retracted the 2 articles he had written in college that denied the genocide.

Look at any TYT video, you'll inevitably find tens of comments of right wingers using the Armenian genocide as a prop to discredit someone they don't like. Its actually quite disgusting and quite clear that these people don't actually give a fuck about the genocide based on their comments. They see it as a game.

Here's a challenge for any of these people, find me one example in the 10+ year catalogue of almost 29 thousand videos. Just one example of Cenk Uygur denying the Armenian genocide on air, he's acknowledged it a few times on air, but mostly just ignores the criticism because he knows that it just gives the trolls red meat and regardless of what he says they'll never be satisfied because it isn't about the genocide to them. His co-host Ana Kasparian occasionally does videos on the topic as well when its in the news, for example.

But I know when there are no videos on the genocide, Uygur is forcing his hosts not to comment on the genocide. And when there are videos he's forcing his hosts to make videos on the issue to trick people into thinking he acknowledges it. Its all a secret cabal.
  • Good luck building a case in court with that.

And as usual, you continue to leave out the part where he said "they let you do it." Arrogance and an exploitation of power and status? Absolutely. Admission/Endorsement of sexual assault? A very big stretch.

Since no credible case has been pursued, and we still believe in the principle of innocent until proven guilty in this country, your case is pretty much stuck unless something new emerges (unless you know something we don't, in which case you should probably share with prosecutors).

To constantly repeat an unverified claim and then accuse me based on said claim is a grade school level argument. You're hoping that if you repeat it enough times it will stick, but it doesn't pass muster (and most of the people here, regardless of their feelings on Trump, know it). Sorry.

And I'm happy to report that we will continue to offer 'unsolicited advice'. Don't like it? Freedom of speech sucks when it's biting your ass, huh?

You can say whatever you'd like. I'm just saying that it makes no sense whatsoever to take "advice" from your enemy. On top of that, note that it is much easier to offer "advice" than it is to actually succeed on your own accord. Anybody can offer advice or play armchair quarterback, but comparably few people actually attain success.

The fact that Donald Trump is a billionaire and won the Presidency after taking up politics as a hobby at 70 indicates that he might just have an idea of what he is doing. But feel free to believe otherwise and that he just stumbled and bumbled to billionaire status and the Presidency.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Bill ().

• Bill wrote:

Good luck building a case in court with that.

And as usual, you continue to leave out the part where he said "they let you do it." Arrogance and an exploitation of power and status? Absolutely. Admission/Endorsement of sexual assault? A very big stretch.

Since no credible case has been pursued, and we still believe in the principle of innocent until proven guilty in this country, your case is pretty much stuck unless something new emerges.

To constantly repeat and unverified claim and then accuse me based on said claim is a grade school level argument. You're hoping that if you repeat it enough times it will stick, but it doesn't pass muster (and most of the people here, regardless of their feelings on Trump, know it). Sorry.
    Funny, I could say the same of you. Guess we're both guilty of it.

• Bill wrote:

Good luck building a case in court with that.

Since no credible case has been pursued, and we still believe in the principle of innocent until proven guilty in this country, your case is pretty much stuck unless something new emerges.

To constantly repeat and unverified claim and then accuse me based on said claim is a grade school level argument. You're hoping that if you repeat it enough times it will stick, but it doesn't pass muster (and most of the people here, regardless of their feelings on Trump, know it). Sorry.
    You know, I could take this comment retool it with mentions of Cenk Uygur and your silly attacks on him and it'd still be true.

My point is, you're a hypocrite.
  • In any case I find that people get too bogged down by all the ridiculous stuff Trump has said, what actually matters is the policy because that is what affects people's lives.

Focusing on the ridiculous quotes actually helps him and the media is complicit in this because its much easier to get viewers with "what did Trump say this time" rather than "Trump is allowing dentists to dump mercury into sewers" something I literally hadn't heard about until TYT did a first 100 days roundup video.

reuters.com/article/us-usa-epa-lawsuit-trump-idUSKBN15G58B
  • You know, I could take this comment retool it with mentions of Cenk Uygur and your silly attacks on him and it'd still be true.

My point is, you're a hypocrite.

Not at all, actually. Cenk Uygur has still not affirmed the reality of the genocide. After pressure and hits to his reputation, he retracted previous statements, but still not made a positive affirmation of the event. He is clearly uncomfortable with the event and doesn't want to talk about it (that's probably why he dispatched Ana Kasparian to do it). And he hasn't changed the name of his show, which glorifies the Young Turks to this day.

tytnetwork.com/2016/04/22/resc…ly-pennsylvanian-article/

There's no affirmation of the reality of the event in that weasily non-apology. He's just trying to brush it aside. He claims he is not a "scholar," which is fair enough, but then why doesn't he express similar sentiments about other topics?

Be honest . . . if there was a show called the Young Nazis or the Young Klansman, you know there would be widespread outrage and demands to rename it. We're all willing to heap scorn on deniers of various kinds, but when it is one of our own, we're often quick to rationalize.

• It's not unverified? He verified it on his own lol. Grabbing people by their genitals without express consent is sexual assault. Full stop. You're the one insisting on defending a sexual predator.

“Gandalf put his hand on Pippin's head. "There never was much hope," he answered. "Just a fool's hope, as I have been told.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King

• What is most appealing to me about TYT is that they actually try to affect change through policy. For example, Wolf Pac which is working towards getting an amendment passed to get money out of politics.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_PAC

And Justice Democrats (Cenk is one of the co-founders, along with some people who worked on Sanders' campaign) which wants to primary Democrats who take corporate money. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_Democrats

This is real tangible action, not just cowering at the feet of Republicans which seems to be the standard Democrat MO.

They don't pretend to be dispassionate automatons which is what the TV media is pretty much exclusively doing, they actually care about the news and it shows in their work.