Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
The lack of Zelda News is making me CRAZY
  • jalo wrote:

ich Will wrote:

I'm not really expecting Zelda U to be on the level of current gen games like Witcher 3, I do expect it to be groundbreaking for the Zelda series though. I think if you expect that much from it, you're likely to be disappointed. That's just me though.
    Then again I don't really know much about Witcher 3, but I do know that Nintendo have yet to prove that they can keep up with the modern times.

But, I don't want to tell people what to think. I just think it's best to not have too high expectations.
    For me, the other games kind of spoil Zelda. When another game is good at something you expect the other game to be the same quality too. Perhaps they compete in separate audience or something. I don't know, it feels wrong to me to think Zelda is not supposed to be "as good as that one".
    I feel the same way- but at the same time.. if the new Zelda is much better than the last (which it has to be) then i can still feel it was worth playing the new one. To me, as long as the series keep evolving then everything is good. it doesn't have to be "as good as that one" but "better than the last one". If Zelda has to be as good as other modern open world games for me to enjoy it, i would have quit caring about Zelda a long time ago..
  • What I would like to have is some kind of bomber's notebook. Something that lets me at least keep track of the possible quests...
    Oh and please let me draw on the map.

100% | Finished | Now playing:
    TLoZ | 2nd Q | TAoL | ALttP | LA | LA DX | OoT | OoT MQ | MM | OoA | OoS | ALttP (GBA) | FS | TWW | FSA | TMC | TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT 3D | FS AE | SS | ALBW | MM 3D | TFH | TP HD | BotW
  • I had a Zwoonix dream!!!

A guy was demoing Zwoonix for a group of people, myself included. He showed us a part where Link is being chased by a monster down a narrow forest path. The sides of the path are blocked off with thick foliage so you can only follow the path, and the camera follows Link from behind while the monster roars and crashes behind the camera, out of sight. (Think RE4's boulder QT events, only with the perspective reversed.)

Anyway along the way the player had to avoid soldiers and random convoy stuff like wagons and animals (I don't know what happened to them when the monster found them xD ). And I was getting mad because I wanted to see Link's canned animations as he hurdled and dodged stuff, but the guy playing it just kept slashing Link's sword at the foliage. His reason for this was because the sword cut open a hidden path to take where the monster wouldn't follow.

Anyway that's where the dream ended. It was a lot cooler than how I just made it sound.

I'll be at E3 this year and I start grinning like a fool when I remember I'll be playing Zwoonix. I'm totally going to ugly cry, I know it. It's been a year and a half since the Game Awards footage, and finally we're getting information... and in less than three weeks! It's a little surreal!
  • Draug wrote:

I had a Zwoonix dream!!!

A guy was demoing Zwoonix for a group of people, myself included. He showed us a part where Link is being chased by a monster down a narrow forest path. The sides of the path are blocked off with thick foliage so you can only follow the path, and the camera follows Link from behind while the monster roars and crashes behind the camera, out of sight. (Think RE4's boulder QT events, only with the perspective reversed.)

Anyway along the way the player had to avoid soldiers and random convoy stuff like wagons and animals (I don't know what happened to them when the monster found them xD ). And I was getting mad because I wanted to see Link's canned animations as he hurdled and dodged stuff, but the guy playing it just kept slashing Link's sword at the foliage. His reason for this was because the sword cut open a hidden path to take where the monster wouldn't follow.

Anyway that's where the dream ended. It was a lot cooler than how I just made it sound.

I'll be at E3 this year and I start grinning like a fool when I remember I'll be playing Zwoonix. I'm totally going to ugly cry, I know it. It's been a year and a half since the Game Awards footage, and finally we're getting information... and in less than three weeks! It's a little surreal!
    Congratulations on getting to go, and you should tell as much as you can about the game. Like if the controls are responsive and how the whole world feels. I'm sure it'll be a blast.
    A wise guy once said something.
    A wise man kept his mouth shut.
  • Captain Snuggles wrote:

Draug wrote:

I had a Zwoonix dream!!!

Congratulations on getting to go, and you should tell as much as you can about the game. Like if the controls are responsive and how the whole world feels. I'm sure it'll be a blast.

We at ZU will definitely report our impressions. >:3
  • jalo wrote:

They have been working with the game so long now, there must be at least decent amount of stuff to do also outside dungeons. And it's fully open world isn't it? I'm expecting something like Witcher 3 overworld content and design, with Zelda items used. Sidemissions, random events and people encounters can be marked on the map with a "?" or something. Story sidequests would be good to have again in Zelda, I've missed them since Majora's mask.

I don't think WW's content is a good example to have for a 2017 open world game. Zelda UX needs to be much more than just the best Zelda game.
    For me and Zelda games it is all about dungeons. I don't really care for stuff out side of dungeons. What makes TP my second favorite Zelda game is it has some of the best dungeons and one of the better Zelda storys.
  • Zeldaisthebest! wrote:

jalo wrote:

They have been working with the game so long now, there must be at least decent amount of stuff to do also outside dungeons. And it's fully open world isn't it? I'm expecting something like Witcher 3 overworld content and design, with Zelda items used. Sidemissions, random events and people encounters can be marked on the map with a "?" or something. Story sidequests would be good to have again in Zelda, I've missed them since Majora's mask.

I don't think WW's content is a good example to have for a 2017 open world game. Zelda UX needs to be much more than just the best Zelda game.
    For me and Zelda games it is all about dungeons. I don't really care for stuff out side of dungeons. What makes TP my second favorite Zelda game is it has some of the best dungeons and one of the better Zelda storys.
    The Zelda series does have really well made dungeons even compare to modern open world games. As much as i enjoy Skyrim and Witcher 3 for example, the dungeons in those game were very simple compare to Zelda...especially Skyrim dungeons.
  • E3 is getting close, I'm shitting my pants guys.

Lord help me, I really want to fulfill my sacred media-blackout mission. However, this E3 will be impossibly hard to sit through without spoiling anything at all for myself. Is anybody with me on this? Like, I made a thread for this purpose but after the second delay I feel like nobody is going to skip this thing, I don't even know if I will.

Finished uncharted 4 yesterday btw, and I'm reminded why I'm going on blackout. Seriously, 70% of the areas were spoiled for me. I must not let this happen again, but.... Dammit Nintendo...

Edit:
    2 demo's, Nintendo requesting journalists 90 FREAKING minutes of their time to play it. I'm done.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Iroas ().

• Iroas wrote:

E3 is getting close, I'm shitting my pants guys.

Lord help me, I really want to fulfill my sacred media-blackout mission. However, this E3 will be impossibly hard to sit through without spoiling anything at all for myself. Is anybody with me on this? Like, I made a thread for this purpose but after the second delay I feel like nobody is going to skip this thing, I don't even know if I will.

Finished uncharted 4 yesterday btw, and I'm reminded why I'm going on blackout. Seriously, 70% of the areas were spoiled for me. I must not let this happen again, but.... Dammit Nintendo...
    Your really strong if you can go through a whole media-blackout of Zelda U/NX after multiples delays. Unfortunately for me the wait for this game has been so long i will watch every microsecond of Zelda E3 events. :mastahsword:
  • Until the game gets released, I'll probably watch just the trailers/ TV spots and watch the E3 Demos over and over again. Heck, I may plug my Wii back in to play some older Zelda games to satiate my need for Zelda.

Once the game does get released, I'll most likely be on here discussing things with everyone. This is especially true if the game is more open ended, it can cause conversations of how one person might have gotten to an area one way and another a different way.
    A wise guy once said something.
    A wise man kept his mouth shut.
  • I hope they don't reveal way too much next month. No doubt the internet is gonna hump it to death though. Watch out for Youtube too, you don't even have to watch a video to read spoilers, it can appear on the main feed.
    It'll probably be worse just before and around the game's release, with people leaking stuff for "internet glory".

The post was edited 2 times, last by ich Will ().

• Iroas wrote:

Like, I made a thread for this purpose but after the second delay I feel like nobody is going to skip this thing, I don't even know if I will.

Edit:
    2 demo's, Nintendo requesting journalists 90 FREAKING minutes of their time to play it. I'm done.
    Well, for me the plan was always to take in more information (title, features, story background, etc), then avoid spoilers in the last few months before launch.
    Completely ignoring Zelda U at E3 not only seems an almost impossible task, but also too extreme for me.

And that's actually pretty sad... Journalists are mad that they "have to spend" 90 minutes on Nintendo this year? If anything, they should be sad that they won't get more Nintendo time.
    TLoZ | 2nd Q | TAoL | ALttP | LA | LA DX | OoT | OoT MQ | MM | OoA | OoS | ALttP (GBA) | FS | TWW | FSA | TMC | TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT 3D | FS AE | SS | ALBW | MM 3D | TFH | TP HD | BotW
  • Still, IGN would have spent the whole day in the Nintendo booth if it had been a normal Nintendo. The way I see it, this is just Nintendo telling journalists there's a lot of content to cover and it's going to be worth it.

Let's hope it's worth it.
  • KeeSomething wrote:

It's crazy to think we are going from 2 years of only 5 minutes of footage total to 90 minute coverage of the game. I really hope this game doesn't disappoint. I want this footage to blow my mind out of my asshole.
    Plus tons of footage from the Treehouse. My eyes won't be able to take it all in.

[pitch meeting] Okay so it's a ton of dogs. Dalmatians. 100 of 'em. I call it "100 Dalmatians." [idea man pipes in] Let's think bigger

- Ristolable