Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Act 2 Out of Character Thread – Lights
    • Well, my idea was that Kira would use transmit voice to gather people around. Partly because it will be easier for her to reach the people who need to be healed if they can come to her (providing they are not so terribly injured they can't move), and also because she figures they will need to exchange notes since they are all victims of Omentus Anima. She also needs to give Caliga his things from Shadrim. We could also use Kira getting people together as a chance to inform them about Strand Draw all together.

So yeah, Kira is leadery. She has the tactician key, which is basically the leadership key. That's why I chose it for her when we started all this actually. It was between her and Rontu because they are both natural leaders.

I can see her suggesting they split into groups and go out into Wyrsin to investigate and explore so that they can all try to find a way back to their home worlds.

“We must be greater than what we suffer.”
      [A Light in the Dark| Empire of Darkness |Under the Red Sea]

The post was edited 3 times, last by Shrub ().

• ^I like this idea. I don’t know if we need to divvy out which character brings up which topic, but I have a few suggestions…

Kira brings peeps together and heals... Charlie and Z.

Kira, Red, Zara, or Kevyn brings up how they all have a similar experience with Omen. Zara says Vamet knows most people here, also that Omen was merely hired to implant the keys, and doesn’t know about Wyrsin. (Though I was hoping someone would first notice and freak out about her spidery arm, for the lulz)*

Red or Kira bring up Key’s dif abilities. Then people explain what they’ve learned about their key’s, so others know what their potential is.*

Charlie remains on Strand duty. At least all the Cabochon Keyholders should learn Strand Draw

Kira or Zara mention splitting up to find answers/a way home.

Someone from each group suggests a location. The rest of the group follows.

We also still need to establish which group is going where. So far we have
      Group 1: Z wants to go South
      Group 3: Joker what’s to go to the Glowy Tower, Northwest
      Group 4: I think Zara is going to mention going to the Palace to the east, And Red and Luca will decide to follow. Dask joins so he can fight Red. And maybe we meet Fania there?
      Which leaves Group 2 with Scion in the, Southeast?

None of this is set in stone, of course. I’m just trying to iron out the details so we can effectively progress the story and split into groups. Feel free to disagree with or change them. If you'd rather not assign roles and just go with the flow, that's cool too

*these things could happen after the groups split up.

The post was edited 1 time, last by I)ragon ().

• I mentioned this in the Wyrsin chat thread, but I'll mention it here too for cataloger purposes. Jack has already a working theory, well hypothesis would be better put, that monsters might be attracted to certain key colors. He would ask each person what key color they had, and he would remember some of the more notable injuries - such as Zorlo, Charlie, Joker and Red, as well as note Kevyn missing a fucking eye - and ask people prior to healing what was the most substantial loss or injury they received in the fight.

I (and Jack) would say this is merely a hypothesis which would require further testing, but would say it ought to be something to be noted if they run into future monsters, which he doesn't think is out of the realm of possibility. He would also ask about the Dome (which he has learned about by now) and if anyone can create portals or whatever out of here and wonder why people can't do it when they ask.

I've also talked to Sabbo about Jack talking in private to Melody about what he can do to help with Scales since he has a soft spot for kids. Jack's primary wish would to be get home, but he would want a way to bring back Scales as he's looking for a way.

:heart: Rinn “Arwyn” Nailo drawn by Liah :heart:
      Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
      Characters | The Time Lost | The Rumors We Believe | Ruki's Reviews
    • I)ragon wrote:

^I like this idea. I don’t know if we need to divvy out which character brings up which topic, but I have a few suggestions…

Kira brings peeps together and heals... Charlie and Z.

Kira, Red, Zara, or Kevyn brings up how they all have a similar experience with Omen. Zara says Vamet knows most people here, also that Omen was merely hired to implant the keys, and doesn’t know about Wyrsin. (Though I was hoping someone would first notice and freak out about her spidery arm, for the lulz)*

Red or Kira bring up Key’s dif abilities. Then people explain what they’ve learned about their key’s, so others know what their potential is.*

Charlie remains on Strand duty. At least all the Cabochon Keyholders should learn Strand Draw

Kira or Zara mention splitting up to find answers/a way home.

Someone from each group suggests a location. The rest of the group follows.

We also still need to establish which group is going where. So far we have
      Group 1: Z wants to go South
      Group 3: Joker what’s to go to the Glowy Tower, Northwest
      Group 4: I think Zara is going to mention going to the Palace to the east, And Red and Luca will decide to follow. Dask joins so he can fight Red. And maybe we meet Fania there?
      Which leaves Group 2 with Scion in the, Southeast?

None of this is set in stone, of course. I’m just trying to iron out the details so we can effectively progress the story and split into groups. Feel free to disagree with or change them. If you'd rather not assign roles and just go with the flow, that's cool too

*these things could happen after the groups split up.

I said this in Wyrsin skype chat, but I figure I should say it here as well for easy access.

As for leadership and roles, I figure there's no need to specifically designate things. Aside from what I wanted to have happen which is Kira using transmit voice to gather people and then suggest splitting into groups to find out more information about this world and maybe how to get home. I want these things for Kira mostly because I suggested them. They were my ideas, so I would like her to see them through. EDIT: Found out I)ragon actually suggested Zara suggesting groups first. So I am fine with this going to her instead.

Other than that, I don't see us needing to outline this in greater detail. Those who come up with the idea to discuss something first would then get to. So yeah, Charlie was the first to think of the importance of the Strands, so I just assumed Charlie would be the one to bring up Strand Draw.

Ruki has Jack who has a theory about the significance of the color of their keys, so he is likely to bring that up.

Other than that, I just want to let things flow naturally.

Oh, and as for where each group is going. Drammor has already spoken to me about this separately. I imagine he has done so for the other groups as well. So we already have our destinations set even if it hasn't been stated for everyone to see outside their groups.

“We must be greater than what we suffer.”
      [A Light in the Dark| Empire of Darkness |Under the Red Sea]

The post was edited 2 times, last by Shrub ().

• Subscribing.

In terms of leadership, Mercury has the potential but not the drive at this point. He's smart enough to lead but literally just popped into Wyrsin so has no clue about what's going on, how he came to be there, or even that there are other people with Luma Keys.

So he'll be more inclined to mosey along on his own, or possibly follow some hot girls. Who knows.