Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
  • Nintendo
Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • I really like the song that plays when the fog clears and you get to see all of Primordia's vastness. I think it's just Mira's theme. It was also played in the Exploration Trailer a while back.
    "The power of one man doesn't amount to much. But, with whatever little strength I'm capable of... I'll do everything humanly possible to protect the people I love, and in turn they'll protect the
    ones they love. It seems like the least we tiny humans can do for each other."
    -Roy Mustang, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
  • ^That reminds me of my favorite jam in the game:
    Noctilum (Night)

My favorite part is at 1:30-145. I don't know what that instrument is, but as soon as it kicks up. . . I'm lost in the world. I always try to avoid battles or flying when I'm exploring Noctilum at night so I can hear that part of the song.
  • HollowmanOfEoL wrote:

So, what weapons are you all using for your lvl 50 skells?

The G buster is a given, I think? :)
    But recently got my eyes on the Pheonix. An AoE explosion kind of weapon. (Think back weapon?)
    B-Claw, an melee weapon that looks like a fiery claw. Just awesome. :)

Intergalactic G-Buster and Intergalactic Pheonix are the main two that everybody should always get!! they're pretty spectacular. I also have a ranged, Intergalactic gravity weapon (the name escapes me right now--it looks like a shield on the skell's left shoulder). Not that I really use my lv. 50 skell anymore haha, since I'm in the middle of farming for an Ether Blossom Dance build with my Ares 90.
  • Ah, so you're going for that too then, eh? I'm honestly not sure if I really want to use Receding Rust or not though, since Galaxy Chief has a higher damage output and is Gravity based, which I've read is something not a lot of enemies really have a lot of resistance too. Maybe the build can't work without Receding Rust with that specific stat set-up though, can imagine that is the case actually, but I know that I'm gonna want to kill that Chimera tyrant at some point anyways since it's guarding an Archaeological treasure that I want. lol Farming for the right gear set-ups can get quite tedious, I've found, though on the plus side to this is the fact that selling all the stuff you don't want really racks up the cash and killing the one Simius tyrant for this stuff can also reward you with some good weapons that you can then distribute throughout your party members if you so choose. Also, on the note of Ares 90, I finally have one named Oathkeeper as well. Oblivion, the first one I made, is being used by myself and then I gave Elma this other one I made.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lord Vain ().

• Khao wrote:

Don't get "greedy" with flying once you get it. Explore every continent by foot the first time, cause if you don't, that's gonna be a mistake. Seriously, I can't believe the difference it makes just in how each area feels, and I wish I had explored every continent first instead of saving exploration until after I could fly.

One thing I notice helps is to try increasing your exploration % for each continent. In order to do so, you have to stay on the ground or close to it.
  • So, I've been switching back and forth between this game and Zestiria (on an off-note, I WANTED to make Rose from that game, but her VA, Caitlyn Glass, already voices Elma), when about ten minutes ago, I ran into that "Mia" lass in Noctilum. Now, I know what's in store for her-she's an optional party member-and how many hurdles you actually go through to get her to the point that you'll have probably beaten the main story already, but my question is what exactly is the warrant there compared to just making it an affinity quest? I mean, it's a fun enough romp exploring to search for her, I suppose, but maybe people who've gotten her can answer that question.

Death Killington;3404575 wrote:

Her menstrual cycle gives her super powers? I wish I was a woman.

Fenix Down;3522014 wrote:

Forget Malon, Marin, Ruto, Zelda, Medli, Nooberu, Midna, Ilia and Aryl -
    I present to you the only woman who captured Link's heart and loins:

• Not sure if I fully understand, but the thing is that her run ins with you in each of the regions all lead to events that build up her experience in the field and help her better mature, that's basically the whole deal. Mia isn't an official Blade, remember? She's just an aspiring dreamer who wanted to prove her merit, and it gets her in a lot of trouble that you have to help her get out of, but after the final run in with her she relays a bunch of information she pieced together while being captive in the Ganglion Antropolis. Everything all together just impresses the person who kept turning her down and as such she is permitted to become an official Blade, then after that point there is an Affinity Mission with her that can only be accepted when you have gotten 4 hearts with her and cleared any other requirements.

Also, on a another note, I figured I'd take a pic of the two Ares 90 Skells I made.

Oathkeeper is to the left and then that's Oblivion on the right, gonna need to work on making some of the less difficult level 60 Skells too eventually, because it's true that you can build ones even better than the Ares if you know what you're doing.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Lord Vain ().

• Khao wrote:

Don't get "greedy" with flying once you get it. Explore every continent by foot the first time, cause if you don't, that's gonna be a mistake. Seriously, I can't believe the difference it makes just in how each area feels, and I wish I had explored every continent first instead of saving exploration until after I could fly.

Yeah, the world is definitely less impressive (impressive isn't the right word but you get the idea) once you get flight. And I think to a lesser extent when you get skells in general. Luckily I went out of my way to explore at least a little bit of each continent before I got the skells. Going through the black gates of Mordor Cauldros and seeing it for the first time blew me away, so epic. Part of me wishes that this game didn't have skells at all, because it makes battles really easy and exploration less fun.
  • What classes are everyone using? I'm currently a Duelist and I freaking love this class. Got a ton of HP, Taunts, decent damage, sustain with Defensive Stance and a ton of TP with Yamato Spirit and Tornado Blade. I tried switching to a Commando so I could become a Partisan Eagle, but I just couldn't stand having only like 3 moves. I forgot how slow it takes to rank up in classes. Not to mention I can barely do any of my allies' Soul Voice because I have so little move variety. No buffs, no auras.
    "The power of one man doesn't amount to much. But, with whatever little strength I'm capable of... I'll do everything humanly possible to protect the people I love, and in turn they'll protect the
  • Dang, I didn't even know Drifter had more skill slots. I might have to check that out
  • Now that I just cleared chapter 10, I fell into the realization that I really fucking love this game... But I'm really not feeling its story. At all.

Display Spoiler

I'm almost done with the main story, but I barely even feel like anything has happened. I haven't even really learned anything relevant, and I don't feel there's much to learn either. I'm not all that invested in the characters either. I mean I definitely wanna find the lifehold, but I don't feel like there's much to the story beyond that?

Comparing with the first Xenoblade... Pretty much every cutscene (and there were a lot!) teaches me something new about the world. Or about the characters. Or about shit happening around both those things. At all times I felt like the game was hiding a lot of important things from me, and each time something new was revealed, even more questions popped up. That really hasn't been the case with X so far, where the only real questions I've had haven't changed since the very start of the game. And they're just "why are the Ganglion so invested into hurting humanity?" and "where the fuck's the lifehold?"

(I don't think I even touched any spoilers in the post, but lets add some tags just in case)

I know this game is not supposed to be as focused on the story as the original Xenoblade, but it kinda feels like it's just as story-centric as the original most of the time, except that the story has a lot less depth.

It's kind of a shame, really. The game's kinda easily superior to the original Xenoblade in most other aspects, but it's hard to like it as much because of this. I'm probably gonna keep playing long after I'm done with the main storyline, since the game is a lot of fun. But dang. After the first Xenoblade, my expectations for the story in this thing were just way beyond what we got in the end.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Khao ().