Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
  • Nintendo
Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • I dunno, I thought Chapter 11 was pretty weird, but there was a certain revelation in Chapter 12 that absolved it for me, mainly the fact that
    Display Spoiler
    their bodies were left on Earth to die and their only hope was in the form of synthesized bodies
    made the 'twist' make a bit more sense. Although I agree that
    Display Spoiler
    Lin defending him was a little weird.

I think that the story is a bit weaker than XC (I've seen the whole game though I haven't finished it) but I just care in general a bit more in XCX, mainly because it does very well at instilling in me the sense that I'm trying to help all of these people colonize a new planet and recover pieces of all we took with us from Earth.
    3DS Friend Code: 0619-3555-6794

The post was edited 1 time, last by Yew ().

• Jehanne wrote:

I lost 3 times against the Ch 4 boss, and then the game asked me if I want the battle to be easier.

>_>

It made the fight too easy ~ am I just really bad at this game? LMAO
    I need some help figuring out what class I should be and what gear to use.
    Is there something I am supposed to be doing for my party?

:<

I haven't found much of a difference in classes save for Arts that are available. Once you master a few classes, you can use any weapons associated with one class while learning another. That allows you to continue using Arts you're familiar with while you level up another Class, thus opening up more Arts tied to that class's weapon setup.

Make sure you're leveling up your arts with Battle Points, that you're putting Augments on your gear, and that you're leveling up gear. A lot of this stuff is accessed through the game's menu but also at the computers in Armory Alley. More gear becomes available for you to equip with the more levels you reach.

If you're doing all this, and doing the same for your staple party members, the only other things I would suggest are to grind and to install data probes. Some data probes give a bit of a boost to combat without their segment. You can also recruit online players into your party in the Division room inside the barracks if you're not leveling up the in-game side characters. If a mission or side mission allows you to use more than yourself, Lin, and/or Elma, definitely make sure you fill up those empty spots with other players or characters.

Other than that, it's just a matter of getting better with Soul Voices which helps with HP recovery, using Arts that complement each other well to help with TP maintenance/recovery and damage, and just find a groove that works for you. Keep Elma and Lin at your level because they're needed for the story missions. Everything else is really up to you.

Other than that and that, a few things I've learned:

Try to be at least five or so levels above a required level for affinity/side missions, because often the big baddie in them is higher than the required level. In terms of story missions, the first six or so chapters don't require a lot of grinding if you're doing lots of missions and exploring between them to boost your EXP. I try to do every manageable mission from the BLADE concourse computer before moving on to grind or try a story mission.

Chain data probes together to earn more cash and boosts, which help overall.

If you're having a lot of trouble gathering rare materials for a mission, remember you can buy them with reward tickets at the Division computer in the barracks. Also, experiment with destroying appendages on enemies. Some drops are exclusive to certain appendages, like honey oil(?) only having a chance to drop if you destroy a copper cochlea's tail.

Another note on that, capitalize on toppled enemies. Most Arts provide a boost in damage when used against toppled enemies. Combine something like an elemental art against a toppled monster weak to it and you have some serious damage output.

I don't really know what else to suggest. I love RPG's like this, but I'm not a 100-percenter so I don't have all the game-breaking skills some of the other peeps in this thread have. But I hope some of this helps.
  • Jehanne wrote:

I lost 3 times against the Ch 4 boss, and then the game asked me if I want the battle to be easier.

>_>

It made the fight too easy ~ am I just really bad at this game? LMAO
    I need some help figuring out what class I should be and what gear to use.
    Is there something I am supposed to be doing for my party?

:<

I lost my first time against dominatrix medusa myself, but then, the first time you go in right off of another fight without time to heal. I also then went and bought level 15 gear for my entire party (completely cleaned me out, money-wise, but helped quite a bit in the fight).

What class are you playing? What optional party member are you using? What level are you? Are you spending battle points for your entire party to get/improve arts and skills?* Are you choosing skills that combo well with each other?

So, me, I like playing tank roles, but Lin is already a tank, and a mandatory party member, and MMO logic says you have one tank, one healer/crowd control unit, and everyone else DPS. As such, I'm training towards Samurai, since that gives me the ability to take some hits ("Off tank" in MMO language) while still letting me deal lots of damage. I also have Irina in my party, to heal me and debuff enemies.

To make the above work, I've trained up Lin's "taunt" ability (I forget the exact name) enough that she can keep one enemy focused on her constantly, while training up Irina's healing abilities as much as I can. For my character, I've got abilities that play off each other to do more damage (a move that topples enemies and another that deals 4x damage to toppled enemies, for example). I also buy the best armour for Lin (she'll get his the most) then my character (since he can off-tank should Lin be hurting or there be more than one enemy), then Irina (since keeping the healer alive is nice), then Elma (she's better at DPS than anyone else in my party, but in a pinch I can win with her dead by slowly grinding an enemy down, that's much harder to do if Lin or Irina is down, and impossible if I die).

So, in essence, decide what characters in your party get what roles (I don't know if Tank, Healer, 2x DPS is ideal, but it's a solid one) and start equipping them and training their arts and skills so that they can play those roles. Also pay careful attention to what arts you let your party members use, choosing ones that suit their role and that combo with each other.

Also, pay attention to the augments on armour. In the early game even low-level augments can boost stats by quite a large amount. I don't know what formulae are used with those stats, but a 10% boost is probably significant.

*Until the very end game (when you gain the ability to do repeatable missions to get infinite amounts) BP is fairly finite, such that you can end up unable to fully train all the skills and abilities you want. That means you need to decide on the roles and plan what abilities you're going to invest in.

May those who accept their fate be granted happiness;

Those who defy it, glory!
  • Hey, can someone explain the combo system to me? I looked in the in-game manual and it didn't even mention them. The reason I'm asking is cause I'm finding more and more Arts that do bonus damage if in a combo. So how are they triggered and how can you tell if you are in a combo?
    "The power of one man doesn't amount to much. But, with whatever little strength I'm capable of... I'll do everything humanly possible to protect the people I love, and in turn they'll protect the
    ones they love. It seems like the least we tiny humans can do for each other."
    -Roy Mustang, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
  • Utz'Gard wrote:

Hey, can someone explain the combo system to me? I looked in the in-game manual and it didn't even mention them. The reason I'm asking is cause I'm finding more and more Arts that do bonus damage if in a combo. So how are they triggered and how can you tell if you are in a combo?

Double A explained it a few pages back. Basically, if you use an art that uses your melee weapon, you're now in a melee combo, same for ranged weapons.

So if there's a specific art that does bonus damage in a melee combo, you just need to use an art that uses your melee weapon right before it.
  • The Ares Skells are basically an OP Godsend that are meant to help with making stronger Tyrants easier and also just overall help with farming for a certan build you may want that requires drops from these stronger enemies, managing to build one is easier said than done though, and even sadder is the fact that just building one won't unlock them for purchase in the shop...you get one and only one for all your hard work, if you want more you must get all the materials again. Still, the Ares 70 and Ares 90 are both top notch Skells though, like the best there is. Apparently a level 60 heavy Skell can surpass it if you equip it properly, but yeah.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lord Vain ().

• HollowmanOfEoL wrote:

A side note btw.
    If you expend all insurance points on a skell and register it to a follower. Then that follower wrecks the skell, it will result in that you have to pay to get it back. :(

In the future, once a skell has 1 insurance point left, give it to a party member. Party members automatically get a perfect on the QTE, which lets you keep that skell forever.

In Oblivia, however, if you or a party member fall into the giant pit/crevasse while piloting a skell, there is no opportunity to get a perfect on a QTE due to the fact that you're not in battle and you will lose an insurance point because of that. So if you do have party members following you and you don't have the flight module, be careful not to get too close to the pit.