Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Pinned
    The Big Theory Q&A
    • Ganon Vader wrote:

During the events of Zelda I, do the people of Hyrule remember that Ganon was once Ganondorf?
      I don't think there is enough information to go off to answer this question for sure. The concept of Ganondorf was only thought up in later games after all. Perhaps they do, perhaps they don't; Ganon is generally known as the Demon King and leader of the hordes of the underworld in this era though, from what we can glance.
      Extended Child Timeline (ECT): SS > Era of Wars > OoT > MM >> TP >>> TMC >> FS backstory >> FS > FSA >> Seal War > LTTP > OoX > LA >> LBW >> Golden Era >> Zelda 1 > Zelda 2 >>> BotW
      AT: SS > Era of Wars > OoT >> Great Flood >> TWW > PH >> ST >>> TFH

Or have a picture of it instead.

:sparta:
    • Ganon Vader wrote:

During the events of Zelda I, do the people of Hyrule remember that Ganon was once Ganondorf?

If we consider that they remember who were the Sages of OOT, as the towns share their names, they might then have the knowledge of Ganondorf the King of Thief.

We don't know how Ganon ressurected this time, last time, he was fused with Yuga, I guess the fusion ended when Yuga died and somehow Ganon's spirit returned in Hyrule, he is shown able to pierce dimensions when banishing Phantom Ganon away, so, he can return into his own world by himself.

I guess the Sorcerer was one of Ganon's follower trying to find a way of ressurecting him, his Demon Tribe, bounded by Demise's Curse, will always be after the Demon King and its ressurection.

Did Ganon died for good in Wind Waker ?
    • Guinea wrote:

It is a curse in a cycle without end, afterall.
      Ganon is just an incarnation.

Demise's remains were destroyed by the Master Sword, so Ganon's spirit must have ended the same way.

"My hatred… The curse of the Demon Tribe… They shall continously go on reincarnating until the end of all times."-Demise translated

The Demon Tribe seem to have forgot about Ganon too, Malladus was all there was for them.

Is Malladus destroyed after ST ? He died like Ganon died in many other games, so I guess he will be able to return just like Ganon did, or, maybe not, the gem we destroyed from his forehead, was it his Soul ?
    • Note that Ganondorf never returned from the dead, just reincarnated into a new form in FSA. It is only beast Ganon who consistently had resurrections. Malladus is pretty much dead as far as we know, as is Ganondorf in the Adult Timeline. A new incarnation may pop up in future installments.
      Extended Child Timeline (ECT): SS > Era of Wars > OoT > MM >> TP >>> TMC >> FS backstory >> FS > FSA >> Seal War > LTTP > OoX > LA >> LBW >> Golden Era >> Zelda 1 > Zelda 2 >>> BotW

• The only thing that makes a Ganondorf resurrection in the AT seem more likely is that he turned into stone. If someone pulls the Master Sword out, maybe they could infuse him with Force (or maybe Malice) and reanimate him.

But whether that will ever happen remains to be seen.
      Goddess of the Sands

Map of Thyphlo Ruins

Forest Architects

If you have Amiibo Tap: Nintendo's Greatest Bits on Wii U, you can reset which games your amiibo unlock by deleting the game and then redownloading it.
    • Guinea wrote:

Vaati, Majora, Malladus, Bellum, Lady Maud, Onox and Veran?
      They aren't nobodies and seem to be connected to each others (almost, Lady Maud isn't).

some HS

Vaati -> A Minish that got corrupted by Darkness, especially the one that reside within the hearts of Men, he was Albino with a purple like glow, I think he might have been born out of the Dark Wishes of Men, maybe the Dark Tribe. After stealing the Mage Cap, he wished to become a Dark Sorcerer and the Darkness turned him into a Demon, he used the Light Force of Zelda, a part of it, to become a Godly entity able to shift dimensions, after his defeat, he lost the Cap and was forever stuck into his Eye-ball Demon Form with lesser powers.
      He might be related to Malice.

Majora -> An evil spirit sealed within a Mask, he also share the power of Malice as he put eyeball stuff within the bosses, he is extremly powerful but doesn't seem to be related in anyway to the Demon Tribe, I've suggested that he was born out of the Malice of a Fallen God, explaining his powers and desire to destroy everything.

Malladus ->Malladus was said to be a Demon King, he was sealed long ago, prior to Ganon's death and even birth, meaning that he was a Demon King before that Ganon was, he ravaged the land and fought the "Gods of Light"(as they are called in Japanese, normally …) only to be sealed. The events which Malladus ravaged the land may be connected to the Ancient Battle and the Demon Invasion where demons ravaged the land, at which point, Demise was the Demon King, so maybe he was granted this title after Demise's sealing. Since Demons are the product of Demise, he might be one of his first and most powerful creation. I gess he faced the Gods of Light in order to prove his Worth to his father. I like to call him "Demon Prince".

Bellum -> Bellum is a pirate, a Ghost Pirate, but the only jewel he enjoy are the Force Gems he extract and consume from whose he capture. He wasn't a Pirate at first but a Demon made of Malice thirsty of Force, so he made the Ghost Ship and kidnapped fools baited by the stories of a treasure. His crew is composed of Poes, he keeps Skultulas as pets and of course, the cubus Sisters, the demonic ghosts. He gain a lot of power after stealing the Force of the Ocean King, the sand of Life/time, and with it, made monsters and an Army of Phantoms. He isn't that much powerful but quite intelligent for a aMalice Creature, more powerful when he acquire an host, as he turned Linebeck into a Phantom.

Lady Maud -> She is just a Fashion Witch, the crazy sister of Madam and she loves Odd designs, nothing evil even if she might be connected to the mysterious and dark past of the cursed lands of the Drabblands

Onox -> A demonic Dark Dragon from the Dark Realm summoned by Twinrova, He might be related to the other Dragons, maybe a member of their clan that succumbed into the Darkness and was banished to the Dark Realm.

Veran -> A Demonic "Dark Great Fairy" from the Dark Realm summoned by Twinrova like Onox, maybe a Great Fairy corrupted by Darkness, banished too.

Mango The Magician wrote:

Ganondorf isn't the only form Demise's malice can take, and thus he dieing isn't the end of the curse.
      Yes, it's "the curse of the Demon Tribe" afterall.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nonoctoro ().

• I should note Demise is not casting a curse, not in the traditional sense anyways and it is not "his". He is dying when he speaks these words and casting a god-level curse that transcends time and space when that is happening is not feasible. He also words it a bit like he is just stating a fact instead of actively casting a curse; the return of demons and his successor Demon Kings is just a thing that happens, with Ganondorf being some sort of direct incarnation of him or at least a successor of the Demon King title. Don't forget that Ganondorf in Twilight Princess says something very similar to Demise when he is dying; how there will be an age of light and darkness after this. Lo and behold, one of the next things to happen is another reincarnation to take place, with a new Ganondorf.

• Nonoctoro wrote:

Guinea wrote:

Vaati, Majora, Malladus, Bellum, Lady Maud, Onox and Veran?
      They aren't nobodies and seem to be connected to each others (almost, Lady Maud isn't).
      Display Spoiler

Vaati -> A Minish that got corrupted by Darkness, especially the one that reside within the hearts of Men, he was Albino with a purple like glow, I think he might have been born out of the Dark Wishes of Men, maybe the Dark Tribe. After stealing the Mage Cap, he wished to become a Dark Sorcerer and the Darkness turned him into a Demon, he used the Light Force of Zelda, a part of it, to become a Godly entity able to shift dimensions, after his defeat, he lost the Cap and was forever stuck into his Eye-ball Demon Form with lesser powers.
      He might be related to Malice.

Majora -> An evil spirit sealed within a Mask, he also share the power of Malice as he put eyeball stuff within the bosses, he is extremly powerful but doesn't seem to be related in anyway to the Demon Tribe, I've suggested that he was born out of the Malice of a Fallen God, explaining his powers and desire to destroy everything.

Malladus ->Malladus was said to be a Demon King, he was sealed long ago, prior to Ganon's death and even birth, meaning that he was a Demon King before that Ganon was, he ravaged the land and fought the "Gods of Light"(as they are called in Japanese, normally …) only to be sealed. The events which Malladus ravaged the land may be connected to the Ancient Battle and the Demon Invasion where demons ravaged the land, at which point, Demise was the Demon King, so maybe he was granted this title after Demise's sealing. Since Demons are the product of Demise, he might be one of his first and most powerful creation. I gess he faced the Gods of Light in order to prove his Worth to his father. I like to call him "Demon Prince".

Bellum -> Bellum is a pirate, a Ghost Pirate, but the only jewel he enjoy are the Force Gems he extract and consume from whose he capture. He wasn't a Pirate at first but a Demon made of Malice thirsty of Force, so he made the Ghost Ship and kidnapped fools baited by the stories of a treasure. His crew is composed of Poes, he keeps Skultulas as pets and of course, the cubus Sisters, the demonic ghosts. He gain a lot of power after stealing the Force of the Ocean King, the sand of Life/time, and with it, made monsters and an Army of Phantoms. He isn't that much powerful but quite intelligent for a aMalice Creature, more powerful when he acquire an host, as he turned Linebeck into a Phantom.

Lady Maud -> She is just a Fashion Witch, the crazy sister of Madam and she loves Odd designs, nothing evil even if she might be connected to the mysterious and dark past of the cursed lands of the Drabblands

Onox -> A demonic Dark Dragon from the Dark Realm summoned by Twinrova, He might be related to the other Dragons, maybe a member of their clan that succumbed into the Darkness and was banished to the Dark Realm.

Veran -> A Demonic "Dark Great Fairy" from the Dark Realm summoned by Twinrova like Onox, maybe a Great Fairy corrupted by Darkness, banished too.

Mango The Magician wrote:

Ganondorf isn't the only form Demise's malice can take, and thus he dieing isn't the end of the curse.
      Yes, it's "the curse of the Demon Tribe" afterall.
      This IS the Q&A, not really a place for heavy speculation though.
    • I'm drafting a super hypothetical timeline that goes against the face of some HH canon (for fun, mainly), and so far I've only really ran into issues with the Master Sword/Lost Woods and Ganon's origin.

I understand that it's generally accepted Ganondorf's origin is established in OoT, and his character is the same in LttP. However I remember theories ages ago that suggested FSA Ganon could have been the same as LttP's, with OoT Ganon being totally different. Can anyone explain to me why this still can't be true? Or why FSA can't be the Seal War?

(For anyone interested, here's the timeline I've drafted for reference)

Child Timeline ............................................................ MM - TP - TLoZ/AoL
      ....................................................................................../
      SS - TMC - FS /FSA - LttP/OoX/LA - ALBW - OoT
      ......................................................................................\
      Adult Timeline ............................................................ WW/PH - ST

The post was edited 2 times, last by Chateau LonLon ().

• gamtos wrote:

This IS the Q&A, not really a place for heavy speculation though.
      Wel, I think I've put that HS in a spoiler box because of that.

Chateau Romania - Lite wrote:

FSA Ganon could have been the same as LttP's, with OoT Ganon being totally different. Can anyone explain to me why this still can't be true? Or why FSA can't be the Seal War?<br style=" color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: "BrandonText",sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-indent: 0px; text-shadow: none; text-transform: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px;">
      FSA's story was rewritten multiple times, it was Indeed going to be about the Sealing War but it was changed after that Miyamoto "flipped the table".

Here are the deleted lines :

FSA and Sealing War
      この先、賢者の森
      Forest of Sages ahead.
      賢者の家
      House of Sages
      どこかで、あったかのぉ? ワシの他にも、6人の賢者が身を潜めている きっとお前達の、力になるだろう
      Where was it, though? Six sages other than me are hiding. Surely they can aid you, I think.
      この先、マスターソードあります。お見逃し無く!
      The Master Sword is up ahead. Don't miss it!
      そんな簡単に、マスターソードは手に入らぬ あまい! あますぎる!
      You can not obtain the Master Sword so easily. You're naive! Too naive!
      しまった! うごけない!マジカルミラーをつかって もどるしかない!
      Damn it! You can't move! You can't use the Magical Mirror to return!
      最近の 若者は ハイラル語を 忘れつつあります。 なんとも 悲しいものです…。 あの すばらしい ハイラル語を もう一度 思い出してもらおうと ハイラル後テストを 始めました!
      Young people these days are forgetting the Hyrulian Language. It is quite sad... So that that wonderful language would be rememberd once again, I have started a Hyrulian Language Test!

And a reddit post of a guy that have gathered all the interviews about it :
      reddit.com/r/truezelda/comment…a_was_supposed_to_be_the/

Chateau Romania - Lite wrote:

(For anyone interested, here's the timeline I've drafted for reference)

You really don't like the downfall Timeline :XD:

Well, I myself believe in the Manual, translated here.
      And don't think that OOT, how we know it, really happened in the downfall.

Hope it helped you !
    • Haha, I don't mind the Downfall Timeline at all actually! I rather like it, though it did take a long while to get used to. Honestly, the only reason I decided to do this was to see if there was any other logical connections that could be made, and to resolve something only myself finds strange! It's always bothered me the Zora King from OoT is the 16th generation when it's supposedly so early in Hyrule's Timeline. Given we know Zoras can live for centuries, it's strange to me OoT is implied to be such an early event in Hyrulian history...

But I digress, haha. I seem to recall the major issue with FSA being the Sealing War was that Ganon had a totally different motivation, not even being in pursuit of the Triforce but the Trident of Power and whatnot.
    • Chateau Romania - Lite wrote:

I seem to recall the major issue with FSA being the Sealing War was that Ganon had a totally different motivation, not even being in pursuit of the Triforce but the Trident of Power and whatnot.
      It's possible that Ganon doesn't know where the Triforce is during FSA or he was going use the Trident to make sure nobody stood in the way of him getting the Triforce. I also prefer FSA occuring parallel to OOT on a timeline created by a pre-OOT split so that there doesn't have to be multiple Ganons.
      "The (Star Wars) EU is a bloated, wretched mess."
      - Jedi Master Sagan
    • What are all the Kingdoms/Countries in the Zelda series, both canon and non-canon? I know there are a couple I'm certainly missing from the Tingle Series, but this is what I've compiled so far.

- Arcadia
      - Calatia, City in the Sky
      - Drablands
      - Garo (?), Gamelon, Gerudo
      - Holodrum, Hyrule, Hytopia
      - Ikana, Interloper Kingdom
      - Koholint, Koridai
      - Labrynna, Lorule
      - New Hyrule
      - Termina
      - Twilight Kingdom
      - Wayaway/HoHo Tribe
      - World of the Ocean King
      - Zonai (?)
      - Zora's Domain, Zora's Sea of Labrynna

I'm sure I'm missing a couple, and my organization could be much improved upon, but are there any others I'm missing?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Chateau LonLon ().

• There's Tolemac from Zelda's Adventure, the third CD-I game and some stuff from the Tingle games I cannot be bothered to remember. I should also note that the interloper "king" was a product of bad translation and is not referenced in the original text.