Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    [ZELDA CHALLENGE] The Legend of Zelda: Venture Bound
    • A few months ago, I was pondering to myself in the early hours of the morning on what game to play next. Where should I devote my time and attention too etc. "I already am currently working my way through the Silent Hill games with a friend, but I won't see him for a few months. What can I do on my own..." My favourite games are and have always been The Legend of Zelda series. It was in this moment that I had realised that I have never actually played through all the Zelda games consecutively or completed them all for that matter.
      How could I call myself a true "Zeldafanatik" (fanatic) if I had not completed all the games. I saw this as an opportunity however. From the logo up I created myself a challenge. One that would span my gaming for months and goodness knows how long after that. I created, The Legend of Zelda, Venture Bound.

The Legend of Zelda, Venture Bound is a chronological play through of the Legend of Zelda series. Starting with Skyward Sword and going through the three confirmed timelines left to right. I even put in those favourite non-canon releases and satellite games amongst others as extra entries.

After a long three months where I sadly didn't get as much playtime as I would of liked I finally completed Skyward Sword and checked that off my list. I thought you the Zelda Universe would appreciate this Challenge and wanted to post it up here.
      What would be cool is if you The Zelda Universe were to take up the challenge, could post up pictures, game times, impressive feats etc. See this as a central hub for the challenge and keep up the discussion. I plan to regardless, I hope you all can join me if you dare to undertake the Venture Bound Challenge!
      I have included a link to the challenge document (.PDF) to start and follow along with the progress. Which is exactly what I am doing. It will be integral to aid you on your quest. You can find that here:

(Something I really enjoyed about making this, is that for the first time I sat down and made my own high resolution Zelda logo from scratch to brush up on my Graphics Skills)

Thank you for reading, hope to hear from you all soon

***UPDATE*** I have updated the document & challenge to include a few other Zelda affiliated titles within the extra's. Not to mention I have thrown a space in for the up and coming ALBW. This leaves the challenge at 31 games to complete. :) I have also optimised the table for a much more realistic approach where in there is now a section to state whether you have completed the title 100 percent, when you started the title and how long it took you. Enjoy :DD

The post was edited 13 times, last by Zeldafanatik: Added Additional Features ().

• How did you like MQ? I personally thought the dungeons were worse than the original. Sure, complicated, but also very illogical. The flow of the dungeons was completely gone.
      100% | Finished | Now playing:
      TLoZ | 2nd Q | TAoL | ALttP | LA | LA DX | OoT | OoT MQ | MM | OoA | OoS | ALttP (GBA) | FS | TWW | FSA | TMC | TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT 3D | FS AE | SS | ALBW | MM 3D | TFH | TP HD | BotW
    • I know what you mean. I personally loved MQ but thats only because I like a real challenge. I have been playing Zelda for a long time so when something unusual comes along that is different from the banal of Zelda themed things like MQ and Second Quest (LoZ) or even Hero Mode (SS) I like to give it a fair whack.
      I played it through with a mate the other day. He was on an N64 and I was on my trusty Zelda Themed 3DS, seeing the total difference in Temples side by side was so interesting. It made me realise how illogical the MQ was, which while infuriating at times sufficed as a kickass challenge. I have only completed the MQ once before on the Gamecube many years ago (like ten or something). So it had completely gone out of my mine exactly what it was like.
      Although the original dungeons in OoT are easier to solve and get through and there is MUCH less backtracking (something alot of fans including me hate, just look at Phantom Hourglass *shudders*) - I enjoy MQ more at the minute down to the sheer fact that it was giving me something new to play within the OoT universe. It was the same game but different and longer. Considering it's one of my favourite games how could I say no.
      Saying that I totally understand what you mean though, the original is a timeless classic with well articulated and planned dungeons. The MQ was a few of the developers sitting down and mixing them up to make them harder. The original design is altered but not enough to be considered "new" just different, ergo the layout of the MQ dungeons will never be as "good" as the originals, even if they are more challenging.
      What's your favourite OoT MQ Temple and Original Temple? :)
    • I just replayed the game lately on 3DS. I think my favorite original temple is either Forest or the one in the Desert.
      I have completed MQ 5-6 years if not more ago, and I really can't remember it. All I remember is Fire Temple being annoying. From what I remember though, I think in MQ I'd go with Shadow Temple, but it'll probably change when I get through it again :)

How much time do you get to play the games per day, and are you going to 100% all of them?

Source Code

1. [B]. [URL="http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/general-zelda/161189-blog-completing-all-the-zelda-games.html"][U][B]Blog: Completing all the Zelda-Games[/B][/U][/URL][/B]
      2. [[SIZE="2"]✓[/SIZE]]The Legend of Zelda [[SIZE="2"]✓[/SIZE]]Four Swords AE [ ]Ocarina of Time
      3. [[SIZE="2"]✓[/SIZE]]The Adventure of Link [[SIZE="2"]✓[/SIZE]]The Minish Cap [ ]Majora's Mask
      4. [[SIZE="2"]✓[/SIZE]]Link's Awakening (DX) [[SIZE="2"]✓[/SIZE]]Phantom Hourglass [ ]Twilight Princess
      5. [[SIZE="2"]✓[/SIZE]]Oracle of Ages [ ]Spirit Tracks [ ]Skyward Sword
      6. [[SIZE="2"]✓[/SIZE]]Oracle of Season [[SIZE="2"]✓[/SIZE]]A Link to the Past [ ]The Wind Waker

Latest PodSmashers video: A Link to the Past podcast!
    • To be honest it depends on the day some days I get all day if I have a free day (very rare) or sometimes its just a couple of hours. I am attempting to do them all 100 percent :) I have done so far, with the exclusion of FS AE mainly because you have to go through the game like 3 times to do that 100 percent. I will get around to it :D
      At the minute I am waiting for aLttP to become available on WiiU Virtual Console before playing the next one. Something that was announced to come to European Wii U VC back in April! It's now getting on to october! Come on Nintendo!!!! :(
    • That's nice with so much time for the games. I also have free time for it, and I love playing them. I'm thinking about doing 100% runs, at least so far I did it in TLoZ and AOL.

Thankfully for me ALttP is further down the road for me, so I hope it's ready for Wii U VC when I get around to it. How did you find Four Swords AE?
      I hope for you that ALttP is coming soon, but can't you just play it through the Wii menu on Wii U?

Source Code

1. [B]. [URL="http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/general-zelda/161189-blog-completing-all-the-zelda-games.html"][U][B]Blog: Completing all the Zelda-Games[/B][/U][/URL][/B]
      2. [[SIZE="2"]✓[/SIZE]]The Legend of Zelda [[SIZE="2"]✓[/SIZE]]Four Swords AE [ ]Ocarina of Time
      3. [[SIZE="2"]✓[/SIZE]]The Adventure of Link [[SIZE="2"]✓[/SIZE]]The Minish Cap [ ]Majora's Mask
      4. [[SIZE="2"]✓[/SIZE]]Link's Awakening (DX) [[SIZE="2"]✓[/SIZE]]Phantom Hourglass [ ]Twilight Princess
      5. [[SIZE="2"]✓[/SIZE]]Oracle of Ages [ ]Spirit Tracks [ ]Skyward Sword
      6. [[SIZE="2"]✓[/SIZE]]Oracle of Season [[SIZE="2"]✓[/SIZE]]A Link to the Past [ ]The Wind Waker

Latest PodSmashers video: A Link to the Past podcast!
    • My favorite OoT temple has to be Forest. It just has so much atmosphere. Like an enchanted forest within a building.
      Of MQ I don't remember, it was maybe 5 years ago. :P
      100% | Finished | Now playing:
      TLoZ | 2nd Q | TAoL | ALttP | LA | LA DX | OoT | OoT MQ | MM | OoA | OoS | ALttP (GBA) | FS | TWW | FSA | TMC | TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT 3D | FS AE | SS | ALBW | MM 3D | TFH | TP HD | BotW
    • Rosendahl wrote:

Thankfully for me ALttP is further down the road for me, so I hope it's ready for Wii U VC when I get around to it. How did you find Four Swords AE?
      I hope for you that ALttP is coming soon, but can't you just play it through the Wii menu on Wii U?

I found Four Swords AE brilliant as it allowed one player mode. It had it's bugs sure but it was pretty cool. The single player experience made the whole game a bit longer as what you could usually achieve with two people you had to do with one so a bit of running back and forth was needed. But hey I got to play a game I was probably never gonna get the chance to really otherwise. FS as it is, is a totally different feel. It isn't like any other Zelda game (excluding FSA), but it was enjoyable. Just had little narrative and is good for a thrash at on the way to work or just when you have a free half an hour.

aLttP. Well I do have several versions of it (GBA/SNES/Wii VC) so I "could" play it on the Wii VC through the menu, but it would be awesome to have save states there and be able to post things to the Miiverse. I am a big Miiverse fan (even if Nintendo are being so slow with releases its becoming a deadzone -.-) Now months later and even Wiki saying it's a future game for the Wii U VC eShop but no details on a release date, it's pretty annoying. I started this challenge months after they announced it coming to Wii U VC on a Nintendo Direct. So I figured... meh in four games time it will be ready, ESPECIALLY with the upcoming Link Between Worlds.
      I have come to loath Nintendo this past year. Brilliant IP's but god awful business techniques and not only that but piss poor management and HR. Although they will never, ever go bust down to Pokemon and Mario always being something people through money at regardless of quality - I wish they would just feel the sting in the poor decisions they make and the effort they put into their portion of the market. It's almost as if they're saying

"We can make this much money by putting in little to no effort, so why bother doing anymore than the minimum?"

Up yours Nintendo. Stop holding my games for Ransom. Anyway, back to Zelda - aLttP next and I have many pleasant memories of the first four chronological games behind me. Skyward Sword, Minish Cap, Four Swords Anniversary Edition, Ocarina of Time 3D Master Quest. Bring on the rest of the challenge.

ALSO "My favorite OoT temple has to be Forest. It just has so much atmosphere. Like an enchanted forest within a building."
      I frikkin love the Forest Temple. I found something out while I was playing it this time I have NEVER discovered before. There is a section of the temple, two rooms in fact where you're in a garden area with little ponds, columns and a well you can drain. Do we know where I am on about? Deku Babas, octoroks and stuff? My advice. Just, look, up. I always figured it was inside. It looked inside and everything but there is sky above you man. That garden is outside and it changed how I felt about the rooms it was nice. Something fresh. I love finding new little things out. This happens every time I play :D However Spirit will always be my fave temple - AWESOME.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zeldafanatik ().