Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
  • Normal
Health/Fitness/Wellness Thread
  • I'm pretty happy with today. I didn't do much of a work out, but my eating has been spot on. I had to be pretty strong-willed today, when my mum wanted to order take out for dinner. I told her she could do what she wants but I'm having chicken and veges.
    I usually cave in and eat whatever she buys, but i was sick of putting unhealthy food in my body and finally made a stand.
    So I'm definitely proud of myself :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Justice is served!
  • Brazilian Butt Lifts? Heh, can't say I have heard of it. Sounds... interesting.

Recently for myself, I've just been mainly doing cardio and body-weight workouts. I'll do sets of 3 of squats, pull-ups, and push-ups alternating, but on set 2 and 3 I do variations of a pull-up and push-up. My second high intensity interval training I do body-weight tricep extensions, leg lifts on the bench, and lunges. Alternate between each one, 3 sets each, works like a charm. I've actually noticed a difference doing this with my stamina and endurance over the past 2 weeks.

A side from that, been doing beach volleyball now which I thoroughly enjoy. Haven't played volleyball in years so getting back into it for casual fun is sure enjoyable.
  • I workout approximately 2 hours a day. I like exercising. I tend to do boxing, cycling, climbing the stairs, skipping and resistance exercises. Once I get completely toned I think I will go into bodybuilding and lift weights! It feels so good to have a tough workout. =)

I will reduce my workout hours to 1 hour a day once I start work.
    [SIZE="6"]MY EXTRA LARGE FOREHEAD IS BIGGER THAN YOURS![/SIZE]

The post was edited 2 times, last by Condi Rice ().

• I've gotten back into the way of things again after the time-consuming wedding things :)

Meaning that I now eat entirely like I really want and work out again. Today I had a short and intensive work-out session with push-ups, pull-ups, planks and squats (also some minor weight lifting along with it). I also took the bike to work today^^ (One hour each way)

Currently eating the last of the blueberries I bought before I started at work.

Oh, and I just got a random compliment for my vibram fivefinger shoes :D (They're great for cycling as well, by the way)
  • Let's see if we can get some life back in this thread.

I've been keeping steady with activities, although with this gorgeous weather I've been doing less weights at the gym and more outdoor activities. So I've been going on lots of runs, hiking, hill training, which I love. I've been getting back out on the courts playing tennis, as of now I'm trying to work on my serve which is very difficult, volleys aren't so bad but definitely a lot of work.

I'm doing a 5km obstacle course mid August, which will combine your overall endurance, strength, cardio, stamina, etc. The people putting on the event won't say anything on what obstacles we will be facing because they want the element of surprise. I'm getting more excited as the day gets closer, but recently I've been doing hill climbs, bodyweight workouts such as squats, lunges, push-ups, crunches, pull-ups, just building a solid foundation of working with my own body weight which will definitely benefit me in this event.

In terms of nutrition, I've sort of been cutting corners here and there. Been going out for food little too often, but I'm still self-aware as to what I am putting in my body, choosing the lighter/healthier options on the menu.
  • This thread needs serious reviving. I can only try so much...

I know for myself I've been adoring the outdoors a lot, getting out lots and going on runs, hiking excursions, whenever I can. Went for a hike today, overlooking my hometown and the Georgia Strait fantastic view points. I've only been to the gym once over the past two weeks did a general workout: Squats, push-ups, sit-ups, lunges, pull-ups. I definitely want to get back into isolating my workouts into muscle-groups if I can. Benefit me a lot more in the long run if I start doing so.

How is everyone else doing with their fitness/health goals thus far?

J

The post was edited 1 time, last by Spidey ().

• I've been on holidays for the past month or so. So I've done nothing but eat crap and do no exercise. Living out of hotel rooms does make it a lot harder for me to eat right, but it still isn't an excuse to eat junk food everyday.

Not very proud of myself that's for sure, and i know i have put on heaps of weight due to my pure laziness this past month.

On the bright side, if you can call it that. I started back at the gym again today and my eating has been spot on as of today. I need to keep it going and stay strong. So i can lose the weight I've put on.
  • Oh hai guys. Not sure if doin this right...

I've been making an effort to get more fit and active and I've been doing some weight lifts every day. I so far only use an 8lb weight in each arm and I do different types of lifts for about 20 minutes a day. Going to try to bump it up to twice a day. Then I do some squats and stretches. I would like to go for runs or walks but I live in SC now and I have a heat allergy and it's now August, so it isn't the smartest idea hehe
  • smashton wrote:

Oh hai guys. Not sure if doin this right...

I've been making an effort to get more fit and active and I've been doing some weight lifts every day. I so far only use an 8lb weight in each arm and I do different types of lifts for about 20 minutes a day. Going to try to bump it up to twice a day. Then I do some squats and stretches. I would like to go for runs or walks but I live in SC now and I have a heat allergy and it's now August, so it isn't the smartest idea hehe

Looks like you are pretty dedicated on your weight training. Try not to overexert yourself, if you are going to start lifting twice a day. Especially if you increase your weights. Don't want any injuries.

Keep up the good work :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Justice is served!
  • smashton wrote:

Oh hai guys. Not sure if doin this right...

Stick to perhaps indoors with air-conditioning if you're more prone to getting sick from overheating. Sounds like a great start Smashton!As well, I know you're already doing a lot which is great, try and incorporate some core strength workouts also, due to your abdominal muscles being your main fixator muscles in most exercises.
  • Standard crunches works the upper abdominal region, reverse crunches works the lower abdominal region. For reverse lay down like you're doing a standard crunch, except keep the upper back on the ground and bring your knees towards your shoulders.

Other simple core workouts would be doing planks. In prone position, lifting yourself up being on the tips of your toes and forearms holding your body up, then test how long you can hold yourself up for.
  • How familiar are you guys with knee injuries?
    I'm a goalie, and I took a puck in the knee off a slapshot about half a year ago. I'm kind of surprised I still have troubles standing up on it every once in awhile.

Obviously, I should get it checked out, but i'm not super concerned. So i'm not going to bother.
    But, any suggestions on light knee exercises?
    And i've always been confused over the heat pack or ice pack for stuff like this.

Just curious if anyone has kind of been there or not, and what you did for it.

I'm sure someone in here plays football or rugby or something. I guess that's a common injury for those sports.
  • You wouldn't have torn a ligament by any chance? The knee is a saddle joint which mainly does flexion and extension to the quadriceps and hamstrings. In terms of "light exercises", well anything involving a bend in the knee such as walking, running, half squats. You said you've been icing it correct? Might be ligament that is lightly torn that is my best bet... Perhaps a physiotherapist can analyze this further?
  • Yeah I suggest you go and see a doctor or physio just to make sure there is no ligament damage.
    Personally I do have two bad knees thanks to a few injuries I've gotten over the years and I agree with Brett squats, running/walking. Plyometric exercises are also very effective such as box jumps etc. but be careful with plyometrics as it can do more damage than good, if the muscles surrounding your knee arnt very strong.