Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    The Animé/Manga Thread: The age of 5-minute shows has dawned upon us
    • Kikari wrote:

Agreed about the art transitions. Although it didn't stop me from watching FMA: B, it always bothered me a bit. Perhaps I'm biased because I watched FMA first, but I just liked the black outline and overall designs better. Actually, I liked most things from the fist FMA anime better than FMA: B aside from story.

I preferred Brotherhoods art over FMA, probably cause i read the manga and the art in Brotherhood was closer to the manga. FMA does have good dub, though i watched it both dubbed and subbed, if i was to watch it now i'd probably watch it dubbed.
    • I have to say, i am really enjoying the anime of this season, Fam the Silver Wing is almost over(just a few more episodes), Aquarion Evol is so much better than the first series, Black Rock Shooter TV is looking to be a good show, Moretsu Pirates is fun and awesome( i mean come on, pirates in SPACE), Recorder to Randosersu is a fun 3 minute anime, and Rinne no Lagrange is another fun mecha. A lot of sci fi going on this season, and mecha.

Thinking of watching Guin Saga, anybody know if its good or not?
    • Pandora21 wrote:

I have to say, i am really enjoying the anime of this season, Fam the Silver Wing is almost over(just a few more episodes), Aquarion Evol is so much better than the first series, Black Rock Shooter TV is looking to be a good show, Moretsu Pirates is fun and awesome( i mean come on, pirates in SPACE), Recorder to Randosersu is a fun 3 minute anime, and Rinne no Lagrange is another fun mecha. A lot of sci fi going on this season, and mecha.

Thinking of watching Guin Saga, anybody know if its good or not?

Oh I completely forgot about the Black Rock Shooter anime series starting D: Can you link me a list of this seasons anime series?
    • Pandora21 wrote:

Sure here

[removed]

The good thing is you don't have to watch the OVA to understand what its about, but the OVA was still awesome.

Thanks:3 Just took a look at this seasons anime listings. There's a Tegami Bachi OAD on the list~ I'm glad it's still getting attention in some form. The anime and manga are both really good but it has such a small following.
      Edit: I was looking at last years Winter list ._.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Creiddylad ().

• Kikari wrote:

Thanks:3 Just took a look at this seasons anime listings. There's a Tegami Bachi OAD on the list~ I'm glad it's still getting attention in some form. The anime and manga are both really good but it has such a small following.

The op to BRS is the Vocoloid song, i noticed it almost immediately, couldn't really get into Tegami Bachi but if is has 2 seasons it has to be pretty popular.
    • Pandora21 wrote:

The op to BRS is the Vocoloid song, i noticed it almost immediately, couldn't really get into Tegami Bachi but if is has 2 seasons it has to be pretty popular.

Ohh, I can't can't wait to see it. The first episode didn't have the opening and I'm still on that.
      The first season of Tegami Bachi had tons of filler. Almost all of them were episodic and essentially the same. The second season wasn't too bad but it left a lot of unanswered questions. Which leads to the manga being much better... As usual.
      I suppose, but at least in online communities it doesn't get much active following.
    • Kikari wrote:

Ohh, I can't can't wait to see it. The first episode didn't have the opening and I'm still on that.
      The first season of Tegami Bachi had tons of filler. Almost all of them were episodic and essentially the same. The second season wasn't too bad but it left a lot of unanswered questions. Which leads to the manga being much better... As usual.
      I suppose, but at least in online communities it doesn't get much active following.

I believe the op was the ending of the first episode, they usually do that with the first episode of some anime(putting the op at the end). yeah it seem like one of the series that would be more popular in japan than somewhere else, but i think its pretty popular online somewhat too.

well i answered my own question Guin saga is awesome so far and i only watched to episodes.
    • Pandora21 wrote:

I believe the op was the ending of the first episode, they usually do that with the first episode of some anime(putting the op at the end). yeah it seem like one of the series that would be more popular in japan than somewhere else, but i think its pretty popular online somewhat too.

well i answered my own question Guin saga is awesome so far and i only watched to episodes.

Mm, yeah I just finished it and it played at the very end. What's the episode release schedule for BRS? What day of the week do the episodes come out on?
    • In regards to the dubs/subs thing, I have found myself enjoying most dubs plenty. I think the only times I ever really didn't care for dubbing was a) Watching TTGL in dub after watching the entire series subbed and b) some of the bigger dubbing ♥♥♥♥-ups in Digimon, such as, in season 1, what I believe was Garudamon's first line.

However, I usually watch anime with good dubs, anyway. Bebop, Trigun, Baccano!, etc. I think Digimon seasons 1-3 have been the lowest quality of dubbing I watched all the way through (each season kinda counts as its own, except Adventure 02). Even then, season 3, Tamers, only really has 2 big ♥♥♥♥-ups with its dub (Gallantmon and part of the ending).

With those longass shonen anime like Naruto and One Piece, I find it's just better to read the manga than watch the anime. Don't want to take the time watching over 100 episodes of Japanese dialogue for quality voice acting when I can read over 400 chapters in less time without having to worry about bad voice acting.

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Holden wrote:

What really constitutes as anime? is the question, if that's a concern. Is it determined just by origin (animation from Japan), or is it also just a style (which reminds me of when there was a bit of dissent over whether things like Avatar: The Last Airbender counted as an anime)?

If it was determined by just the style, then anime would be put under the Disney umbrella, as the original manga/anime creator took his inspiration from Disney. :B
    • Hakuna Matata wrote:

If it was determined by just the style, then anime would be put under the Disney umbrella, as the original manga/anime creator took his inspiration from Disney. :B

Except Osamu Tezuka didn't create manga nor anime. He simply was one of the people credited with bringing it into a much grander scale of popularity. Manga (not really anime as television wasn't really big at the time) has been around in Japanese history for a LONG time, long before Tezuka started.
    • For those of us who read manga online. This may concern you.
      If you follow online scanslations of the following:
      - Naruto
      - Bleach
      - One Piece
      - Hunter x Hunter
      - Katekyo Hitman Reborn
      - Claymore
      - D.Gray-man
      Mangastream will no longer be able to host their quick scanlations of the most recent chapters because VIZ Media has decided to crack down on them, despite them not archiving the chapters they scan and constantly encouraging fans to purchase the actual volumes when they release in their own countries.
      I doubt this concerns many of you of you but I'd just like to say I am pissed off ._.
    • This is a rather harsh blow for my fandom, D.Gray-Man. There are other groups that scanslate for us, but none of them have the speed or quality of Mangastream. Plus, it makes me nervous to think that if VIZ cracked down on Mangastream, then they could start striking else where.
      You should take a look at other manga scanlation providing sites and see what group the scanlations are provided by. If it's a different group than Mangastream's you're good, if it's not, well you have a problem. Just because it's on a different site doesn't mean it's a different translation.

The post was edited 5 times, last by Creiddylad ().