Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    • TV
    The Legend of Korra
    • I'm eager for the next season, but I'm scared of what might happen to Korra. She's being put through more and more each time, and I know aang went through some bad stuff but Korra seems to be getting the worse end. Maybe partly because she was so happy to be the Avatar, as opposed to Aang.

......................................../`````````````````````````````````````````\
      .........TWW-PH-ST-(LoZ-AoL)-(OoX)-TMC-FS-FSA-ALttP-LA-(OoX)-(LoZ-AoL)
      OoT<..............................................\____________________/
      .........MM-TP
    • Ok, just got back from work, and I've been itching to watch the finale and read what everybody had to say.

Kostya wrote:

Display Spoiler
      So I'm watching the credits of episode 12. The person that saves Tonraq is named Kuvira and they're voiced by Zelda Williams. Anybody else notice the music that played during that scene where she says her name? It sounds ominous but Kuvira doesn't do anything in the finale. Setup for season 4 perhaps?

Display Spoiler
      As the President of Republic City said, we don't know how many other Red Lotus members are still out there. Kuvira could have been in cahoots with Aiwei. Considering Kuvira was the first to get orders to search for Aiwei after his escape, she probably was just stalling by letting him go.

LinkedFilmer wrote:

Even if she does, will Zelda Williams be up to voicing Kuvira again?

I don't see why not. How long can recording an entire season of lines take?

hijuliaa wrote:

Display Spoiler
      That ending was pretty sad. Poor Korra. She's had to deal with so much in such a short time, and she lost her bending and..

Wait....what?
      Display Spoiler
      When was it said that she lost her bending? How? I thought she was in the wheelchair from the after-affects of having the poison in her body. And considering the poison was metallic, I suspect it was mercury poisoning (Chad knows I've talked about that possibility).

Chocoroko wrote:

What really sank into my heart were the following events:
      Display Spoiler
      The apparent deaths of P'Li, Ghazan, Ming Hua.

Display Spoiler
      speaking of P'Li, did anybody catch that bit about Zaheer rescuing her from a tyrant whom wanted to use her? Was that the writers just telling us how they met to make the relationship a little more endearing?

Display Spoiler
      Korra throughout the entire finale

Display Spoiler
      I found this fight to be on par with the Aang vs Ozai fight.

Display Spoiler
      Zaheer witnessing P'Li's death then gaining the ability to fly in the air.

Display Spoiler
      Just like how Guru Pathik told Aang to let go of everyone he loved, I sorta feel like this is similar to what Zaheer experienced.

Display Spoiler
      Jinora becoming an Airbending Master

Display Spoiler
      Incense Smoke-bending?

Chad wrote:

Yes, I'd say Korra has grown up a whole lot.

Display Spoiler
      Somehow I think Ghazan might still be alive because burying an earthbender doesn't always mean death.

Display Spoiler
      I agree. That's like drowning a fish. He could have easily brought the entire cave temple down in hopes of killing Mako & Bolin, but could have easily made a hole underground the escape

Display Spoiler
      Ming Hua might have been electrocuted to death.

Display Spoiler
      That's possible. I mean, Tenzin & Kai were able to walk away from a direct Combustion beam explosion. And when it comes to electricity, we've seen Amon take a hit and still live to run away. I actually think she was just knocked the F-out. She could have died during Ghazan's cave-in. Then again, Tenzin did only mention Zaheer's imprisonment, nothing about the other two.

Now for my own two cents:
      Display Spoiler
      Now I know a lot of main hero characters rarely die, but this was one of the times I had thought it was actually going to happen. An alternative solution was for Korra to die but NOT in the Avatar State, that way she'd be reincarnated into an Earth Bender.

I loved how in this series Toph's daughters (and her newly formed metalbending) has saved Aang's reincarnation twice.

If next season we get to see Toph, now Bolin may have something new to show her (watch her pick it up easily lol).

Oh yeah, Prince Zuko, thanks for not showing up. Tenzin, Tonraq, & Su were able to fight to save their children, why couldn't you?

I want to see Katara fight with Princess Yue powering her up a little more.

Ok, so Zaheer is in prison. He won't feel as imprisoned considering he can still travel to the Spirit World. And I highly doubt Aiwei was the only other Red Lotus member whom was able to reach that plain of nirvana, so Zaheer will still be handing out orders, while also being informed of what's happening in the world.

Unless Aiwei's body has been taken in by the Metal Clan, Zaheer could free Aiwei from the Pit of Despair and have Aiwei rescue him. We just don't know how much time has passed between Aiwei at the motel and Zaheer's imprisonment.

I felt super proud of Jinora. I personally hope she keeps her entire head shaved (and not just the front half like the air avatar before Aang). If Jinora learns how to fly, she would be unstoppable: Travel to the spirit world, astral projection, bending a tornado (with help), and flying. That's a lot. And let's not forget earthbenders have earth, sand, metal, lava, & liquid metal (I suspect it's mercury). Earthbenders have the potential of being a "half-baked avatar" in a sense.

-BGS
      [Signature & Avatar Created By Lioness & BlueBubble-L]

[ZeldaWiki][Forum Mods][Rules][ZUChat][Newbie Guide]
      "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans"-Van Zant
      Giving up means you're willing to live with how things are-BGS
    • Display Spoiler
      I was reminded of what you said about mercury when I saw the poison. I think the only way to keep Zaheer contained is to put him in a coma, or something similar. If he learned astral projection, he'd be about too dangerous to keep alive.

......................................../`````````````````````````````````````````\
      .........TWW-PH-ST-(LoZ-AoL)-(OoX)-TMC-FS-FSA-ALttP-LA-(OoX)-(LoZ-AoL)
      OoT<..............................................\____________________/
      .........MM-TP
    • BigGoronSword wrote:

Display Spoiler
      Oh yeah, Prince Zuko, thanks for not showing up. Tenzin, Tonraq, & Su were able to fight to save their children, why couldn't you?

Display Spoiler
      He clearly stated in a previous episode that he worries for his daughter's life due to the Red Lotus assassinating the Earth Queen, so naturally his family's safety takes priority here.

Speaking of the Fire Nation, I predict that Book 4 will revolve around the Fire Nation. It's the nation we've seen the least of in the series so far, and since Book 2 focused on the Water Tribe and Book 3 focused on the Earth Kingdom, I think it makes sense that Fire would be next in line.
    • Best season finale yet. Right on par with the fight at the end of The Last Airbender. Just proof that nickelodeon is fucking stupid for taking it off tv. If they had advertised further ahead of time when the season started, and if they hadn't doubled up on episodes for most of the releases they could have gotten a lot more out of this.

This is the kind of consequences I like to see in a season/series finale. The heartbreaking kind, not the earthshattering kind.
    • Great season and great finale, I just wish they'd developed Zaheer's personal life/history a little more.
      Display Spoiler
      The stuff with P'Li hints very obviously at there being more to his life than just the Red Lotus
      , so it would've been nice to get some of that.
      Unplayed - Played - Finished - 100%

LoZ - AoL - ALttP - LA - OoT - MM - OoX - WW - FSA - TMC - TP - PH - ST - SS - ALBW - TFH - BoTW

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
    • Davether wrote:

He clearly stated in a previous episode that he worries for his daughter's life due to the Red Lotus assassinating the Earth Queen, so naturally his family's safety takes priority here.

Oh yeah, I recall that conversation Zuko had with Korra. It just dawned on me that Zuko could have been referring to other Red Lotus members that may have infiltrated the ranks within the Fire Nation. Other than Team Zaheer, Aiwei was a metalbending lie detector, and that poison guy was a mercury bender. Clearly the Red Lotus wants benders whom have impressive skills in order to have some sort of advantage over the Avatar (and the White Lotus).

For all we know there may be other 4-Person teams of Red Lotus members like an expert lightning bender out there (whom bends lightning as easily as fire), a sandbender (we haven't seen a normal 1 vs 1 fight against a sandbender, so that would make things interesting), a brainwashed airbender (one that didn't go with Tenzin), and a Mercury bender.

-BGS

• Kostya wrote:

I feel like we're going to get a fairly large time skip. Korra needs time to heal and I think they want to give the Air Nation a chance to help fix the world somewhat without Korra around. That could set up a plot next season where Korra wonders if the Avatar is necessary anymore.

I see a large time skip with an adult Jinora and Kai and Korra not wondering if the avatar is necessary, but
      Display Spoiler
      if she is. They already had a suicide in the finale of season 1. I foresee Korra contemplating killing herself to give the world a more able avatar.

BigGoronSword wrote:

and that poison guy was a mercury bender.

Mercury is metal. He was just another metalbender like Aiwei. I mean it wouldn't exactly be hard to get multiple infiltrators into such a fledgling city like the metal clan that's only been around a few decades.

| | Charlie "Angel" Duval | The Caretaker
      Sprites by Lady Knives

The post was edited 2 times, last by Dybia ().

• If next season is the very last season of Korra (and the Avatar animated series in general), one of a few things I want to see happen:
      1. The continue the series but through large quarterly comic book issues.
      2. Make straight-to-DVD movies of the other Avatars that take place after Korra.
      3. Sell the Korra rights to another company so that the series can continue.

Does anybody else think the only way you'd feel safe is if Korra (or a bloodbender) took away Zaheer's bending away?

Mercury is metal. He was just another metalbender like Aiwei. I mean it wouldn't exactly be hard to get multiple infiltrators into such a fledgling city like the metal clan that's only been around a few decades.

At first I thought the poison guy was a water bender, even with the metallic color. I don't know what liquid poison actually looks like (most times in animation it always shows it as purple, green, or transparent). But we don't know how easy Mercury bending is. I mean, I doubt the average earthbender can quickly pick up sandbending in a day.

• BigGoronSword wrote:

At first I thought the poison guy was a water bender, even with the metallic color. I don't know what liquid poison actually looks like (most times in animation it always shows it as purple, green, or transparent). But we don't know how easy Mercury bending is. I mean, I doubt the average earthbender can quickly pick up sandbending in a day.

Not that hard it seems. I mean they were like "The poison is metallic!" and
      Display Spoiler
      Su just hops to it and sucks it out of her. Doesn't seem like she needed special training other than being a metalbender.
    • Su was able to bend the mercury without much trouble. I was kind of surprised when I saw her do that. It doesn't look like it's too hard. Of course the guy still has a special skill by virtue of being a metalbender.

If the Red Lotus return I'm guessing it will be in the form of Zaheer leading a group comprised of a lightningbender, a bloodbender, and a sandbender. Maybe with a non-bender tagging along to give Asami someone to fight. It's clear that they let them into the organization since Zaheer got in before becoming an airbender.
    • Since the poison was a metallic substance, and as we saw
      Display Spoiler
      Suyin bend the metal out of Korra, it goes without saying that unknown Red Lotus member was a metalbender, too.

Also BiggoronSword, I had a thought about PLi and Zaheer.
      Display Spoiler
      P'Li and Zaheer shared a small scene together at the beginning of the finale. She talking about a bit of her past when she first met him. Freeing her from a warlord's control. She expressed that Zaheer gave her true freedom, showing her love to him. That moment there was highly executed.

It gave me some sympathy for P'Li, because I felt as thought she knew what might happen. And because Zaheer gave P'Li the most imense amount of freedom, I bet she wanted to give him the freedom he needed as well.

As soon as she died, albeit unexpected, she gave Zaheer... freedom. Damn. Because of that, he entered the void by gaining the ability to fly. He expressed immense passion and gratitude for his girlfriend, and that her death would no go in vain. But wow. That was a huge moment. The first death of the finale, and I did not see that coming. At all.

Her death was the most emotional part of my viewing of the finale.
    • BigGoronSword wrote:

Wait....what?
      Display Spoiler
      When was it said that she lost her bending? How? I thought she was in the wheelchair from the after-affects of having the poison in her body. And considering the poison was metallic, I suspect it was mercury poisoning (Chad knows I've talked about that possibility).

Oops, I'm sorry! I should've worded it better; I was talking about Books 1, 2, AND 3 as a whole, not just this finale. I was just saying that Korra has been through all that when you combine all of those instances from each Book.