Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    • TV
    The Legend of Korra
    • One thing I recalled from Brian (I think), is that the finale of the show is not going to have a major battle or fight be the highest peak. Insted, its gonna be just the opposite. And the animators at Studio Mir mentioned that they cried when making the finale. I'm really interested to here what happens.

From what I gathered from the last book finale, Korra ended up doing what Unalaq wanted; to keep the portals open and bring peace between humans and the spirits. I wonder if she is going to end up doing something the Red Lotus wanted to achieve as wel.
    • Hmm something to make artists cry...my guess is that we will see the death of a ATLA character die. My money is on Zuko particularly because he is the closest one to Zaheer and the foreshadowing of how much he was happy to see the reincarnation of his old friend again. I'm making the call that we'll see Zuko go to the Spirit World when he dies to see his Uncle one last time, hugs him, and when they part we see young Zuko again as he fades into the afterlife.

Or it could be Toph considering how much they've been referring to her this season. A quick Toph/Iroh reunion would be great. I would hate it if the Lavabender kills Toph
      [Signature & Avatar Created By Lioness & BlueBubble-L]

[ZeldaWiki][Forum Mods][Rules][ZUChat][Newbie Guide]
      "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans"-Van Zant
      Giving up means you're willing to live with how things are-BGS

The post was edited 1 time, last by BigGoronSword ().

• BigGoronSword wrote:

Hmm something to make artists cry...my guess is that we will see the death of a ATLA character die. My money is on Zuko particularly because he is the closest one to Zaheer and the foreshadowing of how much he was happy to see the reincarnation of his old friend again. I'm making the call that we'll see Zuko go to the Spirit World when he dies to see his Uncle one last time, hugs him, and when they part we see young Zuko again as he fades into the afterlife.

Or it could be Toph considering how much they've been referring to her this season. A quick Toph/Iroh reunion would be great. I would hate it if the Lavabender kills Toph

I could see Zuko dying. Either way, I agree that it might have something to do with the original Team Avatar, since the fans are attached to them. But, am leaning towards Zuko, seeing as how it would be odd to show Toph for the first time not in a flashback, then kill her off right away.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Maroon ().

• Maroon wrote:

I could see Zuko dying. Either way, I agree that it might have something to do with the original Team Avatar, since the fans are attached to them. But, am leaning towards Zuko, seeing as how it would be odd to show Toph for the first time not in a flashback, then kill her off right away.

I also think it'll be Zuko. He, out of all of them, had the most grueling character arc, so it'd be a swift kick to the guts if he died, especially since he seems to be in a pretty stable, happy place. Toph's arc in this season, to me at least, seems to be aiming for her reconciling with and forgiving her idiot daughter. It's just begging for that scene to happen.
    • Sansa Stark wrote:

If we're killing one of the good guys can it be Tonraq? I'm not attached to him the way I am with the Gaang. ;-;

Also P'li has the height of an Amazon warrior and it's the best thing. I didn't notice it until the most recent episode, but she towers over everyone else in the Red Lotus.

I think it was Bryan, at SDCC, that said P'li is 6'8, Mako is 6'2 and Korra is 5'7. "She's not short, she's with a lot of tall people."

Interesting to see some stuff like this. :3
    • The Fire Nation killed the air nomads during Sozin's Comet, and started to incinerate the earth (to leave the Earth Kingdom hopeless) the next time it came around. What is going to happen the next time to Comet flies by? How does it give the people so much power? Has any good come from it? During the Harmonic Convergence we saw the other planets that make up the Avatar's solar system, are they somehow involved as well? Comet, moon, and sun, why not planets?

Would Lavabending be an answer to handling platinum? If it is still impossible to turn the platinum into lava, how about turning the earth it is standing on into lava, to melt the platinum?

• It's funny how we talked about everything in that video.

Would Lavabending be an answer to handling platinum? If it is still impossible to turn the platinum into lava, how about turning the earth it is standing on into lava, to melt the platinum?

Platinum melts at 1768.3 °C/3214.9 °F in our world. Although we don't know how lot the lava is, we know it is liquid. Therefore, if lava (not to be confused with magma), could get as hot as in the real world, the temperature would range from 700 to 1,200 °C (1,292 to 2,192 °F). At these temperatures, platinum would not melt. However, lava is made up of many compounds (silicon dioxide, iron [ii] oxide, etc), which could enter the hot platinum to make it less pure. I would assume "crude Earth" to be minerals in the soil (such as aluminium phyllosilicates in clay), as well as organic material.

I didn't expect info from environmental science would be used in The Legend of Korra discussions.

• I doubt the are gonna axe off one of the ATLA, atleast this season.

Also, we don't know if lavabending can manipulate the heat, in which case it could possibly melt platinum.
      Awesome sig made by: Caleb

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [SIZE="1"]
      [COLOR="Blue"]Zelda Games Beaten:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]LoZ[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]AoL[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]ALttP LA OoT MM [/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]OoS[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]OoA FS FSA TWW TP PH ST SS ALbW[/COLOR]
      [/SIZE]
    • When it comes to heat manipulation, I thought about that, but completely forgot about it when typing about compounds and minerals. :)

If a fire bender can make fire hot enough to be a plasma, then yes, they could do the same with lava. The reason I used the data points in my post before is because we don't know if the melting temperature of platinum is the same in the world of The Legend of Korra. I would guess it is, but it may not be.

In order to keep the peace, Sozin's Comet may be destroyed or made smaller over time via repeated bending attacks. I don't know how big the comet is, so such an option may be futile. The comet makes fire benders more powerful, meaning lightning bending would also be powerful. It could be powerful enough where only a few fire benders are needed to store enough power to power a city for days. With enough lightning benders, there might be enough power to power a city for years or more. But, since it only comes around every 100 years, lightning bender-powered power plants may be outdated for new technologies such as nuclear power.

• OMFG!!!!!

Myself wrote:

Display Spoiler
      Now, assuming Zaheer is going to send both of the brothers, I'm curious as to what message he intends to send:
      "Hand yourself in by sundown, or I'm going after the airbenders"? Because if Tenzin is going to kill all the rulers, in a sense, Tenzin is the ruler of all the air nomads.

I friggin' called it (except I meant to say "Zaheer" instead of "Tenzin")! Of course, it's not all that hard considering it's tv tropes 101 where you must have leverage to make someone do something.

Display Spoiler
      I'll be honest, when I heard Tenzin say "It's not over until I still have breathe" I was afraid Zaheer was going to try and suffocate Tenzin, but then again, Tenzin is a master airbender, so it might be harder to pull off compared to a non-bender like the queen. I would compare this episode to when Amon attacked Air Temple Island, but at least 4 times better.

Considering Korra was back at the Inn, and returned to Su's city, although not shown or mentioned, I wonder if they brought back Aiwei's body.

I loved Zuko's reaction that Korra has spoken with his uncle (LOVED the cameo:D Uncle Iroh has become the guide to lost spirited travelers. I hope he somehow helps out in the fight. I mean, he is a permanent White Lotus resident in the spirit world, I'm sure he could be of a lot of help).

I'm going to re-watch the episode:D :D

-BGS

edit: Next week's episode is called "Into the Void". I suspect that we'll learn about the Red Lotus organization even more OR it will be focusing more on Jinora and her astral projection powers OR Korra's Avatar State powers (considering she hasn't been using it a lot since she lost her past selves).

Edit 2: After having rewatched the episode, a thought occurred to me:
      Display Spoiler
      I know hindsight is 20/20, but...While at the Misty Palms Oasis, Team Avatar were contemplating about having a strong enough radio signal to reach the air nomads. If they could radio Su's city from the jeep, why didn't they give the message to Su (while still at the Misty Palms Oasis) and so that she would have had more time trying to contact the Air Temple (instead of waiting for Team Korra's arrival).

Now we know that Korra didn't know the existence of Su, however I doubt Aang (and therefore, Tenzin) doesn't at least know of her through their history with Toph.

Absolute worst case scenario, all the airbending nomads die, what happens next? I'd say Team Avatar would have to travel the world trying to convince new air benders that have popped up in the Fire Nation and Water Tribes to see if they would join the Air Nomads AFTER they have gotten rid of Team Zaheer. And then try to take down the Red Lotus.

I noticed that the Lava-bender never used Lava-bending against Tenzin. Why not when he used it on Bumi?

The post was edited 3 times, last by BigGoronSword ().

• This epsiode was really good. Forget that, it was BEYOND tear jerking!

We got the first half the episode where Mako and Bolin (along with their family) retreat from Ba Sing Se, and find Korra, Asami and the others. Then we get the message Zaheer told Mako and Bolin:
      Display Spoiler
      If Korra doesn't give herself into Zaheer, he will wipe out the airnation!
      That's bold. Too bold.

Then the 2nd half of the episode,
      Display Spoiler
      we got the Red Lotus invading the northern air temple. Tenzin tries to get everybody out, but its too late. He, Bumi and Kya hold off the Red Lotus while the other airbenders leave. This battle was enormous. So much going on, and the animation was well executed.

And now the episode ends with me wanting more than I anticipated!!

Some of my favorite parts:
      Mako and Bolin saving their family from Ba Sing Se
      Grandma Yin meeting Korra and Asami, asking her grandson (Mako) why he doesn't date beautiful women like these two. (LOL awkward)
      It was great to see Iroh again in the Spirit World!!
      Zuko reacting to Korra when she tells him she met Iroh many times in the Spirit World
      The whole Northern Air Temple Battle
      Bumi & Kya
      Kai
      Tenzin VS Zaheer

And then, the emotions start to kick in.
      Display Spoiler

This is where my heart began to break into pieces...
      "Kai! NO!"

Tenzin... nooo....

Post by LinkedFilmer ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.
    • Display Spoiler
      They didn't...kill Tenzin...did they?
      At the very least, he'll be in very bad shape. I cringed during that scene.

Kya, Bumi, and Tenzin kicking some butt was my favorite part. I would still love to see Mama-bear Katara unleash some rage, but I know that's mostly just a fantasy. XD

I laughed out loud when Bolin was trying to fly the airship, and all of the people were screaming and running away as he learned the controls.
    • Really good episode, best one so far in my opinion, can't wait to see where it's heading. :D
      Awesome sig made by: Caleb

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [SIZE="1"]
      [COLOR="Blue"]Zelda Games Beaten:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]LoZ[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]AoL[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]ALttP LA OoT MM [/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]OoS[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]OoA FS FSA TWW TP PH ST SS ALbW[/COLOR]
      [/SIZE]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Keaton-King ().

• Display Spoiler
      I'm not sure if I want them to kill Tenzin or not at the moment. On one hand, its Tenzin. On the other hand if we are going for dark and gritty, let's go all the way.

:heart: Rinn “Arwyn” Nailo drawn by Liah :heart:
      Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
      Characters | The Time Lost | The Rumors We Believe | Ruki's Reviews