Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    • TV
    The Legend of Korra
    • Link the Zora wrote:

I agree with you, I just wanted to offer a few pointers:

+ Toph is dead, so unless she taught her daughter the lie detection ability and she's in a good position to teach Korra, Korra's not going to be able to do it.

I can understand you might think Toph is dead because the first episode of season one Katara said "Aang's time has passed. My brother and many of my friends are gone." (sidenote: we've learned that Sokka has become chief and he's died within the past 15 years). "..many of my friends are gone" doesn't necessarily mean Toph was dead.

Season 3, episode 5; Aiwei and Bolin have a conversation about Toph on the tram:
      Aiwei: That statue honors the first metalbender, Toph Beifong, who expanded the possibilities of what benders were capable of. Here, everyone is encouraged to reach his, or her, highest potential.
      Bolin: Does Toph live here? Are we going to get to meet her?
      Aiwei: I'm afraid not. She would visit from time to time, but years ago she left to wander the world, in search of enlightenment. No one has seen her since.

Season 3, episode 5; Opal and Bolin have a conversation about metalbending and Toph
      Bolin: Sorry. I wasn't really thinking about all my mustaches. I'm just frustrated. I've been trying to metalbend and I can't figure it out. Don't tell anyone, okay?
      Opal: Why not?
      Bolin: Because it's embarrassing. This isn't the first time I've tried, and I've been wanting to metalbend ever since I heard about Toph. Your grandmother is my biggest hero!
      Opal: My mom grew up learning from Toph. Just go train with her. Stop being so scared.

And again in the same episode while Lin and Su are talking:
      Su: You're probably right. Mako told me that you're an excellent police chief. Republic City is lucky to have you. I know Mom is proud. [Lin looks at Toph's statue for a moment.] Can we move on? I'd love for you to be part of my life again. There's plenty of space in the house, and the kids would love having their aunt around. I do need a new co-director for my new dance performance.

Everybody speaks of Toph in the present tense. As far as they (and we all hopefully) know, she is still alive. Considering this season is going to focus on the Earth Kingdom, I'm willing to bet we'll see her (or get another mention of her) again.

Link the Zora wrote:

I don't deny that this Toph mutherfucking BeFong we're talking about, I just assumed that Katara and Zuko were the last two members of the original group. I could be completely wrong on that account, and if so, may Toph Earthbend me into a wall. Repeatedly.

Katara could have met many more new friends since her youthful days. She could have been referring to those or other war-companions (like Smellerbee or the Swamp Waterbenders). It doesn't necessarily have to refer to her best friends. Her husband and brother are gone, that's for sure. Katara is quickly realizing at her old age that she's becoming a lone survivor again.

That said, we *did* see again, but
      Display Spoiler
      he was dead.
      If we see Toph again, she'll most likely appear as either alive or as a spirit in the Spirit World.

Which does beg the question. In the event we see her (if ever) in the Spirit World, would she still be blind (ie, have the cataracts?) In fact, that raises an even larger question. If you were disabled/deformed in the living world, would your spirit self be disabled/deformed in the spirit world, or would the spirit show you as you would have looked like without the disability/deformity?

People have thought of the same thing when it comes to the heaven afterlife. But I don't see the Spirit World as the afterlife (especially since you can meditate there or just walk through one of the portals). Do you think General Zhao would end up in the same afterlife as Uncle Iroh if that were to be true? I see reaching the spirit world through meditation is just a state of nirvana.

Anyways, to answer your question: no. If Toph were to reach the spirit world through meditation, she wouldn't have her earthbending. If she were to go through the portals, she'd have a better chance to "see" with her earthbending, but that's it. I would love to see another Toph and Iroh reunion:)

+ Can't Bolin or his brother lightning bend? Surely Korra could simply ask him if he knows how to redirect lightning and show her a few tips. Zuko's probably too busy to teach Korra that trick. :DD

Considering Uncle Iroh, Zuko, and Aang have been the only ones to have shown to redirect lightning, I think it's easy to say it is a firebender exclusive move (so Bolin, being an earthbender, wouldn't be able to do it).

Uncle Iroh only invented the technique from watching waterbenders practice their bending and was inspired by it. He never specifically say that waterbenders could redirect lightning.

Mako can lightning bend, but so far in the three seasons of the show, we haven't seen anybody redirect lightning. Considering lightning bending has become a little more popular since TLA days, but we're not certain about redirected lightning. It would make sense if they did learn it, but we aren't certain because we haven't seen two firebenders fight using it.

Hmm I wonder if Combustion Girl can lightning bend through her eye tattoo (or lightning bend at all). Considering "The Terror Within" battle we saw that she could curve her shots, that would make lightning bending in her hands even more dangerous.

From the early trailers of the third season, there are 2 pictures that have yet to happen, and considering there are 4 episodes left, I thought we should take a gander:
      Display Spoiler

From what I can tell, that is Korra airbending the sandship and possibly Asami at the rudder. The other two people, I don't know...hopefully Bolin & Mako.

Still in the desert, maybe from the same episode as the previous picture. Korra using airbending to destroy a piece of rock. Enemy or another sparring lesson (haha I can just imagine Toph calling Korra twinkle-toes)?

It may take a long time, but, I was just thinking: If the Red Lotus isn't disbanded now, imagine if a future Avatar is born within the Red Lotus kept in secret?

Sand, Metal, Meteorite, Mud, & Lava bending...a master Earthbender is an Avatar in of itself. If they ever discover liquid metals, like mercury, then that would be interesting. I wonder how magnets will truly be put into play against/for metalbenders?

-BGS

Edit: To anybody who believes Suyin may be a part of the Red Lotus, here's some fuel for your fire:
      [Signature & Avatar Created By Lioness & BlueBubble-L]

[ZeldaWiki][Forum Mods][Rules][ZUChat][Newbie Guide]
      "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans"-Van Zant
      Giving up means you're willing to live with how things are-BGS

The post was edited 2 times, last by BigGoronSword ().

• Link the Zora wrote:

Wait, what happened between the pair that caused the fight in the first place?

Lin found Suyin caught up with some bending triads and Lin tried to arrest Su, but she bent the metal cables back and that's how Lin got the scars on her face. Toph ordered Su to leave Republic City because she couldn't have a daughter in jail as the Chief of Police. Lin was furious because not only did Su get away with no punishment, but also felt that she was responsible for her mother's retirement. "You think she wanted to retire? She was so guilt-ridden about what she did to protect you that she didn't feel worthy of her badge."

So it was a combination of the scars, getting away with no punishment, and causing Toph to give up her job.
    • Pretendo wrote:

Lin found Suyin caught up with some bending triads and Lin tried to arrest Su, but she bent the metal cables back and that's how Lin got the scars on her face. Toph ordered Su to leave Republic City because she couldn't have a daughter in jail as the Chief of Police. Lin was furious because not only did Su get away with no punishment, but also felt that she was responsible for her mother's retirement. "You think she wanted to retire? She was so guilt-ridden about what she did to protect you that she didn't feel worthy of her badge."

So it was a combination of the scars, getting away with no punishment, and causing Toph to give up her job.

Ouch. :x So Su brought shame on the BeiFong family, hmm? I smell another Zuko-redemption plot. Hopefully Toph will forgive both of them by the end.

That said, Toph didn't necessarily have to leave after she banned Su from Republic City. She could've just said something like, "my daughter has been punished sufficiently." and on with her job.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Link the Zora ().

• Ok the more I think about it, I'm sorta developing a Suyin is part of the Red Lotus theory.

1. I was ... more of a rebel. Mom wasn't too happy with how either of us turned out. When I was sixteen, I left home to explore the world. I sailed the seas on a pirate ship, joined a travelling circus for a while, and lived in a sandbender commune in a desert. It took me a while, but, I finally realized what I was looking for was a family. So I bought this plot of land, found a brilliant architect who later became my husband, and created a place I could truly call home.

Rebel: Her times as a criminal she probably got a lot of underground connections.

Pirate ship: I'm sure that sounded adventurous at first, but she admitted she was a pirate. They are thieves of the sea. Is this where she could have met Ming-Hua?

Traveling Circus:
      Display Spoiler
      In Sansa Stark's espoiler picture, we see a Suyin with Zaheer. Could this be the first time she was in the Red Lotus?
      You know whom else was in a traveling circus? Ty Lee. Not really a speculation, just a coincidence. Is this where she met P'Li?

Sandbender commune: Our only experience with sandbenders is when Appa was taken...not a good first experience for the viewers. I just wonder what she was doing in the desert. Is Ghazan a sandbender?

I bought this plot of land: Now I'm sure the BeiFong family is rich, but she made it seem like she bought this land all on her own. Was it pirated booty? Was the Red Lotus funding her?

Found a brilliant architect: This may be a bit of her personal life seeping into the story, but an architect would be quite useful in learning how to take down Ba Sing Se. We only saw him briefly, what could he be working on?

2. Aiwei (known Red Lotus) interrogates Suyin. If she did have something to do with the kidnapping of Korra and is part of the Red Lotus, they both were lying at that moment and just took Aiwei's word as truth.

3. Suyin hires Varrick...for what? I forgot if it was mentioned (and if it wasn't, it's to protect her own Red Lotus member. Varrick might be one. Good to have rich people if you're going to change the world). But let's look at the facts
      -Varrick was involved in paying off the Republic City presidential candidates.
      -He's inventing a magnet suit...that would seem very useful for Suyin's Metalbenders to use against Lin's metalbenders if you ask me.
      -He invented an airbender finder. Whom else was looking for airbenders? Oh yeah, the Queen of the Earth Kingdom! Maybe you just need to airbend to get the machine started, but either way it is suspicious.
      -He was a guest of honor at Unalaq's (known Red Lotus member) banquet and now he's Suyin's guest.

4. Suyin wanted Korra to stay and train Opal at home. You could see this as a mother being worrisome over her only daughter leaving home for the first time OR you could see this as a Red Lotus member knowing what's going to happen and not wanting Opal to get involved. Something big may happen to the Air Nomads. That and (what should have been my biggest point) she wanted to keep Korra in one place so it would be easier for Team Zaheer to catch up. Chasing after an airship is hard work.

5. Aiwei knows a lot of secrets. We don't know his life before he arrived at Su's city. She doesn't want a loose end on his own. She wanted Aiwei back more for her own safety than revenge.

-BGS

PS: Just a tiny thought unrelated to the theory: Couldn't a blind waterbender sense people through a sort of light bloodbending? Or the very least be able to detect sweat/moisture around somebody? I wonder if a blind firebender can do the same about sensing heat.

The post was edited 3 times, last by BigGoronSword ().

• So the next episode was accidentally leaked although it isn't available on the website anymore. A summary:

Display Spoiler
      • Bolin and Mako are turned over to the Earth Queen by the Red Lotus. They ask her to give them Korra when she gets there and in return they'll give her the location of the other airbenders.
      • Korra and Asami break free of their restraints and make the airship they're being transported on crash in the desert. Unfortunately this means they're trapped in the desert while a giant sandfish circles them. Realizing this they team up with the crew to try and get the airship working again.
      • Lin finds Naga, Pabu, and the jeep but can't find Team Avatar. She calls in Tonraq and Zuko to help her find them.
      • Bolin and Mako are locked in the Earth Queen's prison. Bolin tries to metal bend them out but fails.
      • Zaheer overhears that Korra has escaped which means their plan isn't going to work. Instead they decide to murder the Earth Queen. This is done in the most brutal way possible with Zaheer sucking the air out of her lungs.
      • Zaheer announces over the radio that the Earth Queen is dead while Gahazan tears down the walls using lavabending. Chaos ensues as the lower rings converge on the upper ring.
      • Zaheer releases the prisoners and says he'll release Mako and Bolin but first he's going to have them send Korra a message. The next episode is called The Ultimatum so Zaheer must be making some kind of threat.
      • The airship is fixed but the sandfish appears and destroys it entirely. With their plan ruined Korra and the others decide to make their escape by creating a sand raft like the sandbenders use out of spare parts. They make it back to the Misty Palms Oasis where Lin and the others tell them about what's happening in Ba Sing Se.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kostya ().

• I am sad about this leak. It wasn't even Nickelodeon's fault (except they need better internet security). Some hacker got in, pulled the episode out and posted it on the internet. And with how many already seen it (I have yet to see it), it hurts the views the episode might get through legit means, despite other people saying it doesn't hurt anyone. I even read people encouraging others to watch the leak and just click on the official stream, but how many are really going to do that? Korraspirit alone reported over 15,000 clicks to the leaked episode. That's 15,000 views lost already. And if someone is doing this to spite Nick, you should know you're only really hurting the team that makes the show (Mike & Brian, the artists, music guys, voice talent, Studio Mir...). Nick may lose some money, but the others I mentioned may lose their jobs.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [SIZE="1"]FF6 Fan Comic: facebook.com/ff6comic In English, Spanish and Portuguese.
      ALL MAINLINE GAMES DONE. Still to play: OoT 3D, BS LoZ, TWWHD.
      SUPPORT SHANTAE: HALF-GENIE HERO! wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero[/SIZE]
    • LEAK SPOILERS LEAK SPOILERS LEAK SPOILERS (episode 10)

Display Spoiler
      HOLY. MOTHER. FREAKING. SHIT.
      I knew the Red Lotus and the Earth Queen were going to clash heads at some point, but holy shit...I never thought it would go down like that. In my head, I imagined them colliding in the next episode (The Ultimatum) with Korra as apart of the deal. No wonder they took this show off the air. (Yes, I know the "real reason" was the ratings and whatnot) but oh my god. Last week we had Zaheer throw Aiwei into the Fog of Lost Souls and now he straight up sucked the air out of the Earth Queen's lungs and murdered her. I remember seeing a quote from some animators from Studio Mir, about how the Book 3 finale made them cry. I'm terrified. If the Red Lotus is trying to take out world leaders...oh my god guys what if zuko dies no nononononoooo

on a happier note MORE KORRASAMI
    • TrvialMatter wrote:

Korraspirit alone reported over 15,000 clicks to the leaked episode. That's 15,000 views lost already.

That's really not necesarily true.

Like you said, there's gonna be people who watch it early and click the site anyways to support the show, and while it wouldn't be a majority, it'll still help. And that's not to mention all the people who might watch the episode again later, they'd likely just do it from an official source once it's available 'cause then it's more convenient in every way.

There's also the people (like me, for once) that can only watch episodes by downloading them because Nick's site just blocks their country for some dumb reason. They wouldn't be going into the site either way, but they would click the leak because it's practically the exact same thing for them in every way, and those wouldn't be lost views when they can't be views at all in the first place.

Are there lost views? Definitely, but I doubt it's even close to being 1:1.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Khaoabunga ().

• Khaoabunga wrote:

That's really not necesarily true.

Like you said, there's gonna be people who watch it early and click the site anyways to support the show, and while it wouldn't be a majority, it'll still help. And that's not to mention all the people who might watch the episode again later, they'd likely just do it from an official source once it's available 'cause then it's more convenient in every way.

There's also the people (like me, for once) that can only watch episodes by downloading them because Nick's site just blocks their country for some dumb reason. They wouldn't be going into the site either way, but they would click the leak because it's practically the exact same thing for them in every way, and those wouldn't be lost views when they can't be views at all in the first place.

Are there lost views? Definitely, but I doubt it's even close to being 1:1.

If you want, there are multiple browser extensions that you can use to access the videos on Nick. I dunno what you prefer but if you'd like to watch it on Nick here's a tutorial from KS:

KorraSpirit, How to watch Nick.com: STEP BY STEP
    • I don't know where to begin with this leaked episode, which is why I'm waiting for someone else to post and I'll start from there.

However, there is something I do want to talk about, and that's when
      Display Spoiler
      Ghazan lava bended lava into the Great Wall of Ba Sing Se. Sure it was epic I guess, but I really wanted to see him destroy the entire wall surrounding the entire country in one fell swoop.
      Would that make lava bending beyond OP if he did that? Yes, but since the Red Lotus want change, I would think destroying
      Display Spoiler
      The Great Wall of Ba Sing Se
      would show that the country is no longer separated from all of the other people in the world. ...That is to say, that they are all part of one world-wide nation of peace. Plus, doing such a thing would make the event 100 times more epic than what actually happened.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Maroon ().

• @KhaoaBunga: Oh, I understand the struggle of those who can't watch the show legitimately, even if they wanted to. My comment does not apply to them. To them I would say the same thing Mother 3 fans were told, please support the series as best as you can, including getting the official release if one is ever available in your region/country.

But shifting topics, to those that have yet to see it (like myself), who else is counting the minutes until noon? My body is ready.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [SIZE="1"]FF6 Fan Comic: facebook.com/ff6comic In English, Spanish and Portuguese.
      ALL MAINLINE GAMES DONE. Still to play: OoT 3D, BS LoZ, TWWHD.
      SUPPORT SHANTAE: HALF-GENIE HERO! wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero[/SIZE]
    • keyaki wrote:

What I found weird was Zaheer's ability to teleport in the Spirit World. Since when was that possible?

It's not so much teleporting as it is spiritual projection/connection into the Spirit World. Zaheer's physical body was still in the world of the living, his spirit was sent to the spirit world. As to how that was possible, if you read some of the previous posts, there was a discussion on how Zaheer may have been an air acolyte, thereby knowing the ways of the air benders. Since the air benders are known for their meditation and peaceful ways, the air acolytes follow their teachings. Due to this, some monks may be able to get into the Spirit World.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Maroon ().

• OK! I read Kostya's spoiler yesterday (Thank you Kostya^-^) and I've watched it on Nick.com just now.

Display Spoiler
      This is me just nitpicking but considering the Earth Queen should have the best prison money can buy, what exactly are the walls of the prison made out of? They looked like bricks to me, any earthbender wouldn't have a problem with that. Did the Earth Queen just assume Mako and Bolin weren't benders or are the walls actually made of something else? It's not like the Earth Queen has a bloodbender under her employ to take bending away...now that I think of it, if I was an evil ruler that's exactly what I would do. But thank goodness I'm not lol.

The Queen's suffocation scene was exactly how I had imagined. And look, Zaheer knows how to make an air-scooter!

Maroon wrote:

I don't know where to begin with this leaked episode, which is why I'm waiting for someone else to post and I'll start from there.

Off topic from Korra for a moment: Maroon, if nobody is willing to break the silence, never be afraid to be the first voice. Sometimes what you have to say you'll find a thousand people standing right behind you.

Display Spoiler
      However, there is something I do want to talk about, and that's when Ghazan lava bended lava into the Great Wall of Ba Sing Se. Sure it was epic I guess, but I really wanted to see him destroy the entire wall surrounding the entire country in one fell swoop. Would that make lava bending beyond OP if he did that? Yes, but since the Red Lotus want change, I would think destroying The Great Wall of Ba Sing Se would show that the country is no longer separated from all of the other people in the world. ...That is to say, that they are all part of one world-wide nation of peace. Plus, doing such a thing would make the event 100 times more epic than what actually happened.

Display Spoiler
      In a sense, I agree. But first Zaheer wanted to break the physical barriers of the social class system (I'm sure the Dai Li have their hands full at the moment). If the citizens of Ba Sing Se want to tear down their great wall, I think they will decide on their own. Then again, the great wall does give them great protection. I mean, take a look at when Uncle Iroh and the other White Lotus attacked Ba Sing Se, they didn't tear down the wall. They knew that the wall had great potential for the protection of the future citizens of BSS.

And yes, destroying any large wall in one fell swoop would be too over powered in my opinion.

Now, assuming Zaheer is going to send both of the brothers, I'm curious as to what message he intends to send:
      "Hand yourself in by sundown, or I'm going after the airbenders"? Because if Tenzin is going to kill all the rulers, in a sense, Tenzin is the ruler of all the air nomads.

keyaki wrote:

What I found weird was Zaheer's ability to teleport in the Spirit World. Since when was that possible?

Maroon wrote:

It's not so much teleporting as it is spiritual projection/connection into the Spirit World. Zaheer's physical body was still in the world of the living, his spirit was sent to the spirit world. As to how that was possible, if you read some of the previous posts, there was a discussion on how Zaheer may have been an air acolyte, thereby knowing the ways of the air benders. Since the air benders are known for their meditation and peaceful ways, the air acolytes follow their teachings. Due to this, some monks may be able to get into the Spirit World.

No, not that Maroon. Keyaki is talking about how Zaheer could grab a hold of Aiwei at Xai Bou's Grove, teleport with him to a cliff, throw Aiwei into Fog of Lost Souls, and return back to Xai Bou's Grove to finish the conversation with Korra.

So considering the events of today's episode
      Display Spoiler
      Korra is back in the Misty Palms Oasis. They may bring Aiwei's body with them (if possible), and Korra could try and save his soul from the fog spirit (if they find he will be useful in any way...like telling them what are the Red Lotus' other plans and secrets).

-BGS

The post was edited 1 time, last by BigGoronSword ().

• Display Spoiler
      In a sense, I agree. But first Zaheer wanted to break the physical barriers of the social class system (I'm sure the Dai Li have their hands full at the moment). If the citizens of Ba Sing Se want to tear down their great wall, I think they will decide on their own. Then again, the great wall does give them great protection. I mean, take a look at when Uncle Iroh and the other White Lotus attacked Ba Sing Se, they didn't tear down the wall. They knew that the wall had great potential for the protection of the future citizens of BSS.

Display Spoiler
      Once Zaheer made the announcement to the entire country, the social classes were abolished right then and there. But, due to all of the disorder, now Ba Sing Se seems to be a country of thieves. The great wall does give the country protection, but if Zaheer's goal is fully realized, there will be no wars or famine. Due to this, the wall wouldn't help protect them from anything since no one needs protection. Now, the actual possibility of that is one in a billion at best, since everyone would have to understand each other and live in a world like in Naruto. Another thing is that the wall shows the old way of life (a world of Kings and Queens), since the wall is likely hundreds of years old. Now places like Republic City have presidents, and the world is becoming modern. Such an environment has less place for royalty. When it comes to destroying the wall, I would still have liked to see Ghazan destroy the wall bit by bit, so that be the end of the episode, we can see it is being destroyed. When it comes to the people deciding whether or not they want the wall, Zaheer said that he is tired of world leaders, so I can see him letting them decide. Lastly, when it comes to the message, I have no idea what it is. As much as Zaheer could use the air acolyte as a way to get to Korra, I think he may still want air benders in the world (at least, for now). He could use the air acolytes, but also threaten to take out the president of Republic City. I would think that Korra's Farther and Zuko are with Korra to prevent the Red Lotus from sneaking into their country and assassinate them. However, because they are with Korra, the Red Lotus will get to them too.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Maroon ().