Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Should Princess Zelda be playable or a partner in a future Zelda game?
    • Y'know, I was thinking lately that Princess Zelda could have an expanded role in future games. While playing the second half of Wind Waker, where a second character accompanies the boy in green as he explores dungeons, I was thinking 'Hey, wouldn't it be cool if Zelda helped him out like that?' Then after that final battle with Ganondorf, where she DOES work alongside Link, the desire to see that in a game only intensified.

      Also, I recently finished Beyond Good & Evil, and as anyone who's played it knows, a second character usually tags along (and fights with Jade) , and Jade gives commands to that character at specific times to do certain things. I think it'd be really cool if something like that was in a Zelda game.
    • if anyone played the first paper mario game, you'll notice a similarity in my idea

      ahem..

      i think in the next zelda game (zelda gc, as it were) zelda gets taken prisoner at the start and after the completion of each dungeon you play as zelda in her cell and must sneak around the prison shes in, using zeldas magic, and find out where link needs to go to next. after she finds out, she uses telepathy to contact link, and gets caught by guards shortly after and put in a stronger stronghold than before.

      then it cuts back to link
    • Cool consept, but generally unpractacle. Unless Zelda's character is radically changed, she won't be the one to follow Link around wherever he goes. She has always been a unique mix of confident tomboy and spoiled royal. Neither of those traits lend to being a lacky. Plus, she's a princess. That's just weird.

      Maybe in one dungeon, but that's really the limit to the effectiveness of this idea. 'snot like it hasn't been done already.
    • I think if you made Zelda look and have the same moves as the SSBM Zelda, then she could maybe be a playable character. My idea is that Ganondorf (or whoever) could capture her, and you could play back and forth between Link (who would be trying to get to Zelda.) and Zelda (who would try to escape from her prison). Then when the two unite, they could work together to defeat Ganondorf and his minions.


      Formally known as Frodo/Triforce Seeker/Frodo of Middle Earth/Lord of the Bling or whatever the heck you want to call me...and yes, I am back :3nod
    • Harman_Stalfish wrote:

      if anyone played the first paper mario game, you'll notice a similarity in my idea

      ahem..

      i think in the next zelda game (zelda gc, as it were) zelda gets taken prisoner at the start and after the completion of each dungeon you play as zelda in her cell and must sneak around the prison shes in, using zeldas magic, and find out where link needs to go to next. after she finds out, she uses telepathy to contact link, and gets caught by guards shortly after and put in a stronger stronghold than before.

      then it cuts back to link


      I think that'd be a better idea. I'd like her to play a more active role, but I felt Wind Waker did me. I wouldn't like her following all the time, they should make her like Navi except not LOUD and irritating.
    • Should Princess Zelda be playable or a partner in a future Zelda game?...I say why not?

      In Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, the Princess was a parter (but not playable). In Super Mario 2 (for the NES), Princess Toadstool was a playable character. I see no reason as to why the Princess should be held back to her royal reins and just help Link out. Of couse Zelda was a major partner in defeating Ganondorf in tWW and Ganon in FSA, but that's pretty much it. If Zelda was a playable character, I think she should have the exact same abilities she had in Super Smash Brothers Melee (since the next Zelda game is Zelda'05, I have a feeling that Zelda may not change into Shiek, but into somebody else).

      -BGS
      [Signature & Avatar Created By Lioness & BlueBubble-L]

      [ZeldaWiki][Forum Mods][Rules][ZUChat][Newbie Guide]
      "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans"-Van Zant
      Giving up means you're willing to live with how things are-BGS
    • BigGoronSword wrote:

      Should Princess Zelda be playable or a partner in a future Zelda game?...I say why not?

      In Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, the Princess was a parter (but not playable). In Super Mario 2 (for the NES), Princess Toadstool was a playable character. I see no reason as to why the Princess should be held back to her royal reins and just help Link out. Of couse Zelda was a major partner in defeating Ganondorf in tWW and Ganon in FSA, but that's pretty much it. If Zelda was a playable character, I think she should have the exact same abilities she had in Super Smash Brothers Melee (since the next Zelda game is Zelda'05, I have a feeling that Zelda may not change into Shiek, but into somebody else).

      -BGS


      I'm glad that you brought up Princess Peach. Being able to play as her was one of the most memorable things in Super Mario Bros. 2 and Legend of the Seven Stars. I've always wanted to see Zelda get a role like that. Well, at least she got into SSBM...

      And speaking of SSBM, yes, if she is playable or a partner, she's GOTTA have those moves. She'll destroy all with her Reverse Lightning Kick!!! :devious: :evil:
    • DiVinE DraGooN wrote:

      I thihnk that it wouldn't be a good Zelda story if Zelda was in it and didn't get captured and made prisoner for some part of the game. I'm mean, part of the essence of most Zelda plots is that Zelda is the damsel-in-distress.
      Yeah, and it is wierd too, because she is so powerful. I think she would make a LOVELY addition to the team you play!!! I can't wait to see what she looks like in the game!!!!!

      [SIZE=3]{::Nayru, clan of Wisdom::}[/SIZE]
    • Oh! I know! We can play as Ganon too! That'd be so awesome! You know what'd be cool as well? Playing as Mido! You could talk smack to Link! Oh, and what about Dariunia? Yeah, use his Goron strength to smash crap around! Hell, why don't we just turn the whole damn thing into an RPG and be done with it?

      NOTE: The sad part is that this post will most likely be taken seriously by somebody.
    • SearanoX wrote:

      Oh! I know! We can play as Ganon too! That'd be so awesome! You know what'd be cool as well? Playing as Mido! You could talk smack to Link! Oh, and what about Dariunia? Yeah, use his Goron strength to smash crap around! Hell, why don't we just turn the whole damn thing into an RPG and be done with it?

      NOTE: The sad part is that this post will most likely be taken seriously by somebody.

      That is the best idea so far! I agree 100%.

      I think it should be like Paper Mario, only with Jim the Undefeatable in it somewhere. Go Jim! Go Jim!

      Sorry, too much coke.
    • DiVinE DraGooN wrote:

      I thihnk that it wouldn't be a good Zelda story if Zelda was in it and didn't get captured and made prisoner for some part of the game. I'm mean, part of the essence of most Zelda plots is that Zelda is the damsel-in-distress.


      DIUM wrote:

      Cool consept, but generally unpractacle. Unless Zelda's character is radically changed, she won't be the one to follow Link around wherever he goes. She has always been a unique mix of confident tomboy and spoiled royal. Neither of those traits lend to being a lacky. Plus, she's a princess. That's just weird.


      Zelda is a tomboy yes-so why would the role not suit her DD?
      I'm mean, part of the essence of most Zelda plots is that Zelda is the damsel-in-distress


      Yes exactly- MOST. One game doing this won't hurt. And besides, this isn't going to happen whatever we say or agree on! ;)

      PS- Sear- I don't know what you're imagining, but I think that Nintendo implemented this feature very slightly in OoT, where you carry Ruto around jabu Jabu. I don't want that though, but I get the feeling that you think we mean we want it like PSO or FF XI or something.