Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Underrated and Overrated Games:
  • CinderBlox wrote:

Hm, I never got a chance to play Mystical Ninja for n64. But as I stated in my previous post I really really liked Goemons Great Adventure. It was a great 2 player co-op game but unfortunetly noone knows about it.
    Goemon's Great Adventure was ALSO a great game!! I like Mystical Ninja better purely on the fact that that it was on a first person point of view. Also, the bosses where great, and so funny :)

[SIZE=3]{::Nayru, clan of Wisdom::}[/SIZE]
  • OK, I've got a few more...

Overrated:
    Biohazard/Resident Evil
    Without a doubt, one of the most mediocre adventue games I have ever played. To this day I cannot fathom why people love it so. I never played any of the sequels either, since the original left such a bitter taste in my mouth.

Jet Grind Radio (DC)
    Yeah, it's challenging and unique, but it wasn't THAT good. Some of the levels were frustrating, and the whole graffiti thing got old after a while.

Tekken
    It's a good fighter, sure, but compared to Virtua Fighter it's less than nothing.

Super Mario Bros. 4
    To me, this one was just a rehash of Mario 3 that lacked its predecessors scope and overall greatness.

Underrated:
    Metroid Fusion
    Sure, it wasn't quite like Super Metroid, but it wasn't meant to be.

Halo
    Gets so little respect here, I have to mention it twice. :P
  • Fury Three wrote:

And how is this logic any different than the hordes of fanboys who say it's great? It doesn't bode well that nearly half of you are fanboys from the other side of the spectrum, either.

i dont think that we are on the other side. we are saying that it is a good game, but pretty much all x-box fans say that it is the greatest game. we are just saying that we think that people go way too crazy over it. i dont think its a case of anti-xbox-fanboyism.
  • Overated:

Halo 2. I don't know what this game is about, nor do I care, but it seems to be getting enough hype to make me annoyed.

I think The Wind Waker was a tad bit overated. Too many commercials and such.

Underated:
    Animal Crossing. I don't think it got much publicity, and I think it's the BEST game of all time, hands down.

Formally known as Frodo/Triforce Seeker/Frodo of Middle Earth/Lord of the Bling or whatever the heck you want to call me...and yes, I am back :3nod
  • Underrated: Billy Hatcher & The Giant Egg

I thought this game was fun, I think people avoided it just because of the graphics.

Underrated: Boktai

I must admit I haven't played it much, it is hard to play outside (especially when you live in TX), but it's a fun game. I think a lot of people just thought it was a gimmick and overlooked it, that might explain why I bought it new at Target for $5.

Overrated: Halo

It's a fun game, but it's not worth spending all the money for an XBOX just to get it. It's not as great as everyone says it is.

Overrated: Final Fantasy VII

Everyone loves this game, but I never saw what was so great about it. The sci-fi setting totally messed up the FF series, and the series has gone downhill since this game was released.
    Joshua, Zelda Universe Content Director

How can I make Zelda Universe better for you? Let me know!

Follow me on Twitter: @WatcherJoshua
  • Lindquist wrote:

Underrated: Billy Hatcher & The Giant Egg

I thought this game was fun, I think people avoided it just because of the graphics.

Underrated: Boktai

I must admit I haven't played it much, it is hard to play outside (especially when you live in TX), but it's a fun game. I think a lot of people just thought it was a gimmick and overlooked it, that might explain why I bought it new at Target for $5.

I must get those games, since they're from the creators of Sonic and Metal Gear, respectively.

Overrated: Halo

It's a fun game, but it's not worth spending all the money for an XBOX just to get it. It's not as great as everyone says it is.

Overrated: Final Fantasy VII

Everyone loves this game, but I never saw what was so great about it. The sci-fi setting totally messed up the FF series, and the series has gone downhill since this game was released.

Uh, there's other reasons to buy an Xbox besides Halo, you know. :ironic:

And about Final Fantasy VII... the sci-fi setting didn't kill it. Having every sci-fi cliche known to man did. -_-
  • Lizasaur wrote:

i dont think that we are on the other side. we are saying that it is a good game, but pretty much all x-box fans say that it is the greatest game. we are just saying that we think that people go way too crazy over it. i dont think its a case of anti-xbox-fanboyism.

*Hangs head.* You missed the point completely here. I understand what people are saying when they say THAT. Point was, hating Halo on the grounds of popularity is just as bad as liking it solely because of its popularity.

Here's a perfect example, offered in a timely manner by Frodo:

Frodo wrote:

Halo 2. I don't know what this game is about, nor do I care, but it seems to be getting enough hype to make me annoyed.

Although this IS a Zelda forum, after all, I should expect a good amount of people are on the Nintendo side of things.
  • Underrated, and generally unknown.
    Marathon series. Made by the late Bungie(I consider them dead), a great trio of slick first person shooters. Had some of the best subtle humor, creative monsters and just general gameplay that I have ever seen.

Overrated
    Halo. A reasonable game, but the singleplayer mission bored me to zzzzz's.

And before you call me an X-box hating Nintendo fanboy, be aware that the game company that made Halo, the previously afformentioned Bungie is my favorite alltime game producer.
  • Underrated: Blast Corps. I know somebody has said this before, but driving around to demolish as many buildings as you can is fun. Excpet when the nuke blows up.

Overrated: Mystical Ninja. Not bad for a laugh, but an RPG? There were platform games I liked more. Many of them.

Chetarren Caesar||Ilyena||Laurana||Brann
    "I can't be bothered to procrastinate. Maybe I'll do it later." - Pandaemonium
    "You're a scary scary reading monster >_<" - Saber
    OLDIES 4 LYFE
  • Grey wrote:

Thank you, Fury. You're right. Geez, all the Halo-hating by Nintendo fanboys reminds me of all the Sonic-hating a decade ago.

I'm sorry, but Halo really is overrated. Many said they didn't hate it, rather they didn't see what was so grand about it. And yes, I have played the game, ty very much. It's not so, "OH MAN HALO KICKS ASS" like I hear all the time, the only really good thing about it is the LAN parties. Not many of those in Japan either, for some reason the xbox isn't as popular.

[size=2]Farore||Adopted by: Nox ^_^||Shinto[/size]
  • RenaKunisaki wrote:

I'm sorry, but Halo really is overrated. Many said they didn't hate it, rather they didn't see what was so grand about it. And yes, I have played the game, ty very much. It's not so, "OH MAN HALO KICKS ASS" like I hear all the time, the only really good thing about it is the LAN parties. Not many of those in Japan either, for some reason the xbox isn't as popular.

I think for the first time in history we agree on something.
  • Grey wrote:

Thank you, Fury. You're right. Geez, all the Halo-hating by Nintendo fanboys reminds me of all the Sonic-hating a decade ago.

I'm not entirely Nintendo Fanboy, just 98% (I own a PSone). Halo is a fun game, but I just don't see what makes it any better than most of the other shooters out there. There's no way I'd buy an XBOX just to get it. I'd rather just go buy a 007 game, I'd have just as much fun with it, if not more.

And I must admit to being one of those Sonic-haters back when it was SNES VS. Genesis. Now Sonic is alright, and I even bought the Mega Collection on GCN so that I could make up for everything I missed.
    Joshua, Zelda Universe Content Director

How can I make Zelda Universe better for you? Let me know!

Follow me on Twitter: @WatcherJoshua