Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Female Gorons???????
    • MissZeruda wrote:

"Mommy, it's yummy!"

He was eating his mommy, the rock, and saying she was yummy (kind of a cannibalistic Oedipus complex)... The random goron by the kid's side is his father :mastahsword:

newblenderbeer wrote:

Actually in TP you could easily tell the difference between male and female zoras.

Hum... How? Don't tell me the ones with helmets are male while the ones without are female, cause I don't buy it... In fact, zoras in general are so androginous that the zora princess became a prince in localization (Ralis is a girl in the japanese version of TP)...

The post was edited 2 times, last by ahaha ().

• Who knows. Perhaps there are Female Gorons somewhere. In TP, we only see the Males. So perhaps the Females are further into the Mountain in the Village looking after the young. Perhaps what we saw was a Goron Fortress which protected the Mines which the Gorons used as a food source.

In Majoras Mask, we were in the Goron Village but was un-able to enter all buildings. The Females may have been hiding within these from the cold.
    • It seems commonplace for video game designers to forget to include women in alien/different spieces for video games.

In Starcraft the protoss only had male characters until the expansion. Even then it was matriarch Razshagal, and not a female unit. They specifically indluded her, and have been indluding more since, because people noted that there were no female protoss. When asked about that, Chris Metzen Blizzards senior writter commented they just forgot to add a female protoss unit. Likley because they were all male.

I suspect a similar thing has happened with the Gorons. I'm sure there would be females, otherwise it would have been specifically explained.
    • gr33n_89 wrote:

it's like the dwarves in lord of the rings. maby female gorons just look the same as the males. or maby the females stay farther up in the mountains. who knows.

That is so weird, I swear, thats exactly what I was about to say!

"And that causes people to believe that there are no dwarf women and that dwarves simply spring out of holes in the ground!"

^^ Same thing but with gorons ^^
      [sigpic][/sigpic]
      [FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="2"]thanks to Diaz for the awesome signature![/SIZE][/FONT]
      [FONT="Courier New"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]"Nayru... Poured her wisdom onto the earth and gave the spirit of law to the world."[/COLOR][/FONT]

Post by Cheshireson ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.
    • i thought i saw a few females in death mountain in TP after you beat Fyrus lol
      O'Neill: "I'm telling you Teal'c, If we don't get out of this soon I'm going to lose it... Lose it, means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in control of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal... WACKO!"

"I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"
      ―The Doctor
    • AzraelBlack wrote:

It seems commonplace for video game designers to forget to include women in alien/different spieces for video games.

In Starcraft the protoss only had male characters until the expansion. Even then it was matriarch Razshagal, and not a female unit. They specifically indluded her, and have been indluding more since, because people noted that there were no female protoss. When asked about that, Chris Metzen Blizzards senior writter commented they just forgot to add a female protoss unit. Likley because they were all male.

I suspect a similar thing has happened with the Gorons. I'm sure there would be females, otherwise it would have been specifically explained.

you got a point lol

but isnt that kinda sexist :P
      O'Neill: "I'm telling you Teal'c, If we don't get out of this soon I'm going to lose it... Lose it, means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in control of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal... WACKO!"

"I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"
      ―The Doctor
    • I don't know how much relevance this has to the actual topic of this thread, but has anyone else noticed how gorons in OoT were a little more feminine while the majority of the Zora's seemed rather masculine? Whereas in TP, the two completely shifted roles and the Zora's became very slender and feminine while the Gorons are almost 100% masculine in TP.

Odd.

But as for the female gorons.

That is all.
    • Chukapi wrote:

I don't know how much relevance this has to the actual topic of this thread, but has anyone else noticed how gorons in OoT were a little more feminine while the majority of the Zora's seemed rather masculine? Whereas in TP, the two completely shifted roles and the Zora's became very slender and feminine while the Gorons are almost 100% masculine in TP.

I think thats just because TP was obviously able to add more detail to them. Both the Zoras and Gorons in OoT look kind of plain compared to TP ones. I wouldn't say that the Gorons in OoT were feminine, but they were smaller and much less muscular than in TP. And the Zoras in TP look more fish-like and agile than in OoT. Thats why they look slender. TP was just able to make them look more like what they were inended to look like in OoT.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Common Knowledge ().

• AzraelBlack wrote:

It seems commonplace for video game designers to forget to include women in alien/different spieces for video games.

To be fair, did the Terrans have female units? (aside from Kerrigan... Or were all the ghosts female? I don't quite remember...)
    • Actually there is a female goron... But only in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time pt.1 Manga. When Link was heading off to the Dodongo's Cavern in Chapter 4. Link was watching as the little goron baby was crying because he was hungry and there was starvation in the Goron City... Because the they were too scared to go in the Cavern. The baby said "Mommy I'm hungry!!!! Waaaaaaah!" So obviously there is a female goron just not in the game series and also the Manga wasn't made by the people of Nintendo so that's the only female goron reference that there is. If I find a picture of the Chapter of the OoT Manga i'll update it to show you.