Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 735.
  • Zelda Headcanons

Nitro Indigo - - Theorizing

Quote from Benermerut: “In the backstory for PH, the Spirits of Good imprisoned Malladus in Subrosia. ” *ST Also, by not the same country, do you mean an alternate version of Subrosia, or that the underground in general is a Subrosia?

• Quote from Sootfeather: “Ganon “giving up on reincarnation”. Why?!? That is literally the one safety line you can count on in the Zelda franchise!! ” Quote from Evran_Speer: “Wasn't that line a mistranslation? ” Quote from Japanese Zelda: “This form was born from his obsessive refusal to give up on revival… ”

• What does SD mean?

• Do you think this thread could be used as a reference to make "how not to make a theory"? I lost interest in doing a parody theory.

• The Life and Times of Satori

Quote from gamtos: “Nope! My idea is they gather 'em though, and that's the reason rupees are no longer in tall grass. The Minish HATE them. ” I vaguely remember a thread about that. I've been wanting to come up with a proper theory (not just a headcanon) for a long time, but I really can't think of anything, and I don't want to force myself to. I'm reminded of when you said you came up with your Force Gems theory by looking at the Lokomo Sword. What can I say that hasn't already been said? You'…

Did you come up with the "blupees eat rupees" theory?

I wish I could piece together a story out of background details like this. Anyone remember The Truth Behind the Temples?

• The Big Theory Q&A

@Nonoctoro You reminded me, I once had a conversation with someone on the mistranslations thread about if it could become a place to discuss translation in general. The Picori/Minish distinction started to annoy me when I learned that it was made up for the English translation, except the English translation is the only one where they say parts of "Picori" instead of talking backwards. What were they thinking? Was there some corporate mandate saying they had to keep the word "Picori" in somewher…

• Zelda Headcanons

Quote from Chateau Romania - Lite: “I don't know, I'm hesitant to accept this given how much stock I put into the idea of the Twilight Realm as the realm of the dead. ” Please could you explain? Quote from Guinea: “BotW takes place in the Gap Between Dimensions. ” So... Flipside?

• Quote from Guinea: “Klonoa for Smash damn it. ” youtube.com/watch?v=3QsSGhp3Vjc This was saved in my Watch Later, but I haven't watched it yet.

• Zelda Headcanons

@Nonoctoro I'm reminded of a comment on an r/truezelda thread about headcanons that said that Zoras take the forms of life forms in their environment, and they evolved into the Rito because there are a lot of seagulls in the Great Sea. My headcanon is that the green Zoras evolved into Geozards.

• Aren't Dragon Quest characters more chibi than most Anime Dudes With Swords? (Also, I'm remembering when Dragon Quest IX was advertised everywhere.) My pick is still Tethu/i. We've had obscure, first/second-party characters in Smash Bros. before, so why not a recent one?

• Quote from Guinea: “Idk. Now that I think about it, the Pokemon characters are pretty random as well. And that's pretty nice. I'm just picky. Haha. ” ...Except they're all mascot-types.

• Unpopular opinion: I've never played it, but Spyro would be more fitting for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

• Zelda Headcanons

I'm reminded of this time someone suggested that Zelda could be like Ys, in that all the fantasy elements were actually forgotten science. (I've never played Ys.)

• Tethu/i from Ever Oasis.

• "The Twili are Gerudo" was one of the first Zelda theories I'd ever heard. ZeldaWiki has entire sections devoted to theories, and that was one of them. Twilight Princess was my favourite game in 2013, but I've lost interest since then, so I don't know how logical it is. All I can remember is that the main piece of evidence that gets thrown around is that they use snakes in their architecture.

• About the Fused Shadow looking like Majora's Mask, gamtos debunked that a few years ago. @Sootfeather Where is the compass rose found?

• Sorry about that. It's just that I like this thread, and didn't want it to die.

• Hooray! I killed this thread!

• The Big Theory Q&A

Quote from Chateau Romania - Lite: “Where do people place the Tingle Games on the timeline? ” On ZeldaWiki, they had entire pages devoted to theories, and there was one speculating that the place Rosy Rupeeland takes place in is the Great Sea, after the Great Deku Tree's terraforming plan succeeded.

• What do you think of the HMK theory I posted?

• I killed the Zelda version of this thread, and don't know what to post to try to revive it. @Ymcan64, you've given me an idea, though: next time I debunk a theory, I'll think of a witty title like you did instead of just using the video's title.

• Zelda Headcanons

@Ymcan64 has reminded me of three theories. - I read a theory on this site ages ago that Force was the stuff that always existed, and the goddesses were formed from it. - There was another one that the goddesses were so happy with their creation, the Triforce was the Force Gems they left behind. - There was also a theory floating around a few years ago that the Spirits of Good are the Light Spirits, because they have the same name in Japanese, and also Light Arrows.

• Zelda Headcanons

I think it's called a parallel world, but I don't take that literally; I think it's literally underground.

• Zelda Headcanons

Quote from Kerest: “Wayaway ” Where?

• List of Mistranslations

I've added a notice saying that I accept mistranslations from things other than canon games, and I'm going to add the description of the Fierce Deity Mask. I wonder if Ganon Vader gets notified whenever I edit the first post?

• Zelda Headcanons

Quote from Mozly Alice: “Hmm, I really want to see the rest of the world that Zelda takes place in. There must be other nations, right? ” Labrynna and Holodrum, until Hyrule Encyclopedia probably retconned them into being in other dimensions, though I have a feeling that was a mistranslation. Speaking of which, I'll add to the mistranslations thread that I'm willing to list mistranslations from non-game media.

• Zelda Headcanons

Speaking of which, I killed the YouTube thread.

• Since there's not much to be said about those Fierce Deity videos I linked to that hasn't already been said, it's about time I brought some variety to this thread. I'm trying to find a video where someone claims that it's only been a few years since Lorule's Triforce was destroyed, even though that's clearly not the case. I thought it was by Dr. Wily, but it doesn't seem so. The closest I could find was the predecessor of The Cult of Masks. Glad to know that Lockstin & Gnoggin share my headcanon…

• Zelda Headcanons

Quote from Guinea: “The Wind Fish zapped Link's raft. ” Do you think the Wind Fish was trying to pull someone into his dream world to free him?

• What's the "Dark Secret" theory shown at the beginning of the first post? It's the only one of the three that hasn't been mentioned here yet. @gamtos

• The Big Theory Q&A

Thanks! I asked this because I wanted to do my own spin on the "why do so many villains want Zelda's magickyness?" theory.

• The Big Theory Q&A

Is it ever mentioned where in Zelda's being the Light Force is in The Minish Cap?

• So I was watching a let's play of Phantom Hourglass today, and the cutscene where they find Petra [sic] and Oshus explains his backstory reminded me of those theories linking Phantom Hourglass to The Minish Cap because they both have an Evil Bad Guy who turns Zelda to stone to drain some sort of magickyness from her, albiet under different circumstances. It then reminded me of all those theories trying to connect Majora's Mask to Twilight Princess and/or A Link Between Worlds, and it made me com…

• Zelda Headcanons

Chuggaaconroy once said that "Geozard" sounds like a Ground-type Charizard. I didn't realise it made no sense until you pointed it out.

• The Big Theory Q&A

"Yonhyaku" is five characters long, so why didn't they just use the digits when dealing with such limited text space?

• The Big Theory Q&A

Most Game Boy games don't use kanji due to memory limitations, and I've never seen Japanese numbers written in kana. I like that let's player's borders, though. EDIT: After looking up how 四百 was pronounced on Google Translate, I realised that I can see "yonhyaku" (four hundred, "shihyaku" is another reading because Japanese has at least two readings of every base-10 digit) in there in hiragana.

• The Big Theory Q&A

Oh. Maybe the whole page hadn't loaded?

• The Big Theory Q&A

I can't find any mention of 400 years in this English Oracle of Ages text dump.