Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • @gamtos do you know if there are translations for his other encounters? I distinctly remember him saying ‘Hey wait up buddy!’ so you’ve got me wondering if it’s all actually formal. No bother TofuBomb!

• @TofuBomb Quote from KG: “どうした、リンク? 久しぶりで おどろいたか? What's up, Link? Surprised, after all that time? Hey, what's up, Link? Surprised to see me? おまえには 長い日々が、この世界では 無かったも同然。まことに 不思議なことじゃて。 A long time in this world is to you as if it didn't pass. Truly a mysterious thing! A long time in this world is almost nothing to you, is it? How mysterious! ふたつの時代を 行き来する少年のことを、この私ですら 伝説だとばかり 思っとったよ。 Even I thought that thing about a boy who flies between two epochs was merely a legend! Even I thought that the t…

• Nonoctoro covered the main evidence but I never really thought he was Rauru for a few reasons. 1. He and Rauru have totally different personalities. KG is constantly warm and friendly while Rauru is formal and all business. 2. KG never believed in time travel, it would be very strange for Rauru to not believe in it considering he exists as a failsafe for when the HoT appears. 3. KG decided it’s not his time anymore once Link meets him in the desert. But Rauru is completely needed to seal away Ga…

• Zelda Headcanons

Fal Cie - - Theorizing

I like to think that the Dead Hand is the undead form taken by cowardly killers. Both are likely torturers as you said @Guinea, though I think one was a serial killer acting on his own in the bottom of the well and the other was employed in the Shadow Temple to extract information from prisoners. Their battle tactics reflect this cowardice, hiding and waiting for an ambush, only appearing and attacking when their foe is held down and retreating as soon as said foe fights back. At the same time, …

• My former leaseholder is taking an age to repay my deposit.

• The Big Theory Q&A

Fal Cie - - Theorizing

They look the same, but that’s all. As I said when the MS was put in that one the GS was already in the pedestal in the sky.

• The Big Theory Q&A

Fal Cie - - Theorizing

Couldn’t be, the master sword is placed in the Hylia temple pedestal during the past, at that point in time the goddess sword would be in the goddess statue pedestal.

• The Big Theory Q&A

Fal Cie - - Theorizing

That’s not the same pedestal though. It was originally inside that goddess statue as the goddess sword. When it became the master sword the pedestal was inside the temple of hylia. In any case it wasn’t the seal to the sacred realm until after SS.

• I think it’s because it’s linear, repetitive and constantly reminding you of your objectives. Even when we have been through it before or it’s incredibly obvious. I enjoyed SS, but if they actually made Fi only speak when spoken to it would’ve been a far better experience. I also only replayed it once, because in spite of my enjoyment if I were to redo it I would know there would be no deviation in my experience. Without the ability to try parts out of order or meander through optional areas it …

• I think he’s referring to how you’re not allowed to explore the full map until you’ve completed the second dungeon.

• Zelda Headcanons

Fal Cie - - Theorizing

@Mango The Magician I think you’re right on the money in regards to the Deku Tree. If I recall Creating a Champion states the Deku Tree was a regular tree affected by having the master sword right next to it for ages. Time for a headcanon in relation to that: there is only one Deku Tree in Hyrule. It is reborn with the memory of its prior self but it doesn’t have a say in where it winds up next. It was first in the Kokiri forest because that is where life originated, but eventually it ran low on…

• I think the entire forgetting a move system should be reworked. You should be able to swap out learned moves any time outside of battle, rather than grinding random drops to trade.

• Zelda Headcanons

Fal Cie - - Theorizing

You’re mixing up the backstory and ending there mate.

• I hope Sobble gains more emotional control rather than become happy. Embodying the British idiom of a stiff upper lip.

• @Violetlight I used that tracker after I’d found all the shrines. I wanted to walk every path and climb every mountain, so it helped narrow it down!

• @Violetlight you mean a dungeon that works in the same manner as the spider houses in MM? I could get behind that, as long as the number hidden is reasonable!

• Zelda Headcanons

Fal Cie - - Theorizing

That’s actually covered in the compendium. They’re not attacking, they don’t even notice you, they’re just so strong they can’t help but give off bursts of elements.

• Pokemon Thread V.??: S&M, Yo

Fal Cie - - General Gaming

Gamefreaks just trying to suggest their solution to the border issue, bless their hearts.

• Pokemon Thread V.??: S&M, Yo

Fal Cie - - General Gaming

I see that they didn’t add the equivalent of Northern Ireland to the region. As it should be.

• Aw man I wanted to talk about the death sword video! One thing you didn’t mention though is that we do see phantom Ganon in TP, in the form of the phantoms summoned in the horseback Ganondorf battle, and they look nothing like Death Sword. Maybe Zeltik tried to hand wave this by his remark that the ghost ‘decayed’, but he offers no past examples of ghosts decaying so he’s just blowing smoke.

• @Winnie cheers, I’m alright now, managed to get a place in a nicer house. Hopefully with nicer people too, because it seemed like I could get no chemistry going with the ones I’m currently with. Absolutely petty annoyance, I’m curious about the meanings of some last names and have been trying to find out the meaning of Oersted. Problem is it’s now used as a unit of measurement due to the famous scientist Oersted, so I can’t find the original meaning. Must be nice to redefine your own name.

• I liked how in the original you could find out the twist early, like as soon as after the third dungeon, before the date with Marin. It’d be neat if alternative dialogue could be included to reflect the reveal, though I doubt it’d ever happen.

• The Legend of Zelda: ________

Fal Cie - - Creative Corner

See when you put it that way the gravity power has the same number of uses as the magnetic gloves. On rereading Setras’ comment it seems that the effect on enemies is enhanced as the power increases, first a lift, then a lift and slam, finally a lift and slam into one area. Are you seriously kicking up this fuss because of a placeholder name? Fine let’s work through it. If I had to state how I’d want the power to work it would be like magnesis, it can only lift certain objects in the environment…

Not really, the first two paragraphs sound like they would only be usable in certain areas, like the spinner and it’s tracks. The combat paragraph is just spitballing ideas on how it’ll be used. We don’t need to have all these applications available, we can just stick with one effect, especially when all those listed boils down to ‘stops enemies in an area from moving’ I do think that flight or jumping should be a separate power however. In any case that’s just one power, you made it sound like …

I think you’re overreacting, we probably could find more functionality for the powers in the forms of increasingly elaborate puzzles, as is standard in the series. But the majority of these powers will only have limited applications for the majority of the game. I mean at its core invisibility will just be used for variations of avoiding enemies. But if you really think some of these will have excessive uses then list them so we can define and put a limit on them here and now.

Uh I’ve never heard the phrase ‘wilted down’ but if you mean to say we’ve narrowed it too far I’d disagree. Certainly it’d help if other people would weigh in but if we go for what currently has more than one vote there’s enough for an eight dungeon game. (Hidden Content) Ten abilities isn’t bad, but if I had to shave it down I’d say the blue flame would overlap with the Findol radar ability, and the switch hook is pretty much the teleport ability but needing a target.

Can we at least forget about the options that got no votes?

• The Big Theory Q&A

Fal Cie - - Theorizing

Ganondorf coming back on the AT depends on how much of Daphnes speech was a wish. After he touches the Triforce he wishes for Hyrule to be erased, but before it flies away he states he also wants Ganondorf to sink with Hyrule and for their destinies to come to an end. So if that were a request of the Triforce then I’d say Ganondorf is finished.

• I’m hoping they axe the raft mini game and just put a regular area in place there.

• What’s been added that’s causing this reaction?

Sorry just made an assumption, multiple songs usually require us to input it ourselves. If it’s going to be like the alttp flute then that should be fine, though I think straight spell casting would be better for aesthetics.

I think using a flute to trigger each spell would be irritating. Remember playing that song in WW to possess a character, now imagine doing that each time you needed to use an item.

Well I was thinking as we’re implementing a bit of a ninja style we could try include poisonings, as they are a staple to that. Granted it doesn’t have to be literal poison, it could be an enchantment that targets monsters specifically. The key would be inflicting a damage over time effect once a combo has been reached, in the same vein as dark souls.

Going by what would make for the best puzzles and combat I would say: 1, 2, 3 or 8, 5, 6, 11, 13(as long as it can be used on enemies weapons and armour) and 15. I find the light weapon description vague and don’t know it could be made interesting. The blast and medallions would just be ‘use x here to proceed’ outside of battle. The rings could be used for both in the same vein as the oracles, nothing essential to the main game. I would go for C, I had thought the powers came from the sentinels …

• I’m disappointed by the toy like style but not entirely surprised. The original had goofy designs and chibi art during the main game, only getting realistic styled art for the intro and ending.

• Small Breath of the Wild theories

Fal Cie - - Theorizing

Yeah not one part of your post actually stands against my points of the abbey being tiny or the entrance to the market and the castle road being a mile apart.

It was pretty well accepted in the story and lore conversation.

• Small Breath of the Wild theories

Fal Cie - - Theorizing

Since it was mentioned, I never got the idea of the abbey being the ruins of OoT Hyrule castle. For one thing the ruin is minuscule, secondly the castle wasn’t next door to the temple of time, you had to walk up a long distance to even reach the main gate from castle town. I mean if anyone has a picture of the threshold between the areas you’ll see what I mean.

I’d be more than happy to keep going too, I think it’s just a bit of a dry spell for input.