Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • Quote from KingOfHeart: “youtube.com/watch?v=6mmIasKE3nw Video isn't about the commercial, but the commercial is talked about at 4:08” That's using Jesse as the source when he doesn't even know the full story of the thing; only the original writer of the article, who actually used to write here if I'm not mistaken, would know re: their source and such. GameOver Jesse doesn't know any more about this than you or I or HMK. Really GP probably knows more than what they posted, as places always hold …

• Quote from Cheesehead302: “I see a lot of confusion here. The reason HMK was calling this video a "pitch" is because the original website that talked about the rumor stated that it was.” The original website never said that at all. All they said is that they don't know what the video's purpose is, but they believed it to be authentic and they believed their source to be reliable and trustworthy. Quote from KingOfHeart: “Like most youtubers, they will always make something clickbait. If he's wron…

• Quote from KingOfHeart: “HMK has not been hurt in any way. He was the 1st one to leak it, to shut the fans up. It was never confirmed to be real by anyone.” He came out with a video saying "IT'S REAL!" and then a video saying "IT'S FAKE!"...he wasn't the first to leak anything. It was never confirmed to be real, but never confirmed to be fake either. We just don't know for sure, either way. Everything on HMK's part is just conjecture and speculation he presents as fact.

• Don't want to make this about HMK but it's all clickbait and nonsense, so no loss there. Bottom line is, we simply don't know if this is Nintendo-sanctioned or not. The fact is though, as soon as the story went up, the password protected vimeo video was taken down. Why password protect a fan work? Again, pitches in film and such don't work by filming and showing the potential client. They pitch the idea and then are given the go-ahead. Even if it is real, it could still be ditched, but, the idea…

• have you ever tried to work with a child and get them to be able to 'act' in front of a camera, especially a young child? it's very difficult. plus the production values of the video are very high. in the video industry, you make a pitch and THEN are given the go-ahead. I know this because I know a lot of people in that industry. You don't just make a pitch and spend that kind of time (and we are talking a real production company here) on something that is most likely not going to amount to anyt…

• Quote from KingOfHeart: “youtube.com/watch?v=EaVXswZIBDQ edit: Not made by Nintendo, but it was a commercial pitch to Nintendo. Creative Minds and Souls are a big enough company that they were able to give out copywrite strikes!” You do not know that this was a "pitch" to Nintendo. Production companies do not spend money on pitches. They put together an idea and pitch it to a company, and that company gives it the go ahead or rejects it. HMK's word is NOT confirmation of anything.

• Quote from Canyarion: “So if I create original YouTube content... and people start re-uploading my video... How difficult is it for me to let YT take those videos down? Because the fact that these videos disappeared doesn't convince me that this studio is anything more than some fans working together.” Actually a lot harder than you think. These were taken down too quickly for a simple copyright claim. This company has some clout. I've been through the process and know it's not really that fast.

• Quote from KingOfHeart: “It was a First Draft pitch. They were not going to poor all this money into a video that would lose them a lot of money.” If you know anything about pitches, they are not done after spending money on a video production. They are done BEFORE so. So if this was a pitch, which HMK is simply pulling out of his behind...well the pitch has been done. Whether or not this will be used? who knows.

• Xenoblade Chronicles X

Momo - - General Gaming

Quote from Please Understand: “Quote from Momo: “Also, the pop-ins aren't really that bad considering that the game world is completely loaded at once.” No it's not. Only your immediate area is. The rest is streamed in as you play. That's how open world games work.” What I meant. It's seamless and there are no loading times except for when you fast travel. You don't even need to fast travel or use the elevators in New LA; just something that happens though.

• Xenoblade Chronicles X

Momo - - General Gaming

Also, the pop-ins aren't really that bad considering that the game world is completely loaded at once -- it's seamless. Similar to MMOs. Really the "popping in" is not really a bad thing. I noticed it, but it doesn't affect your gameplay experience.

• Xenoblade Chronicles X

Momo - - General Gaming

The game loads flawlessly. No bugs, no glitches, no framerate drops. Nothing. Which is shocking for a game this massive.

• Xenoblade Chronicles X

Momo - - General Gaming

If Zelda were this big people would complain that it's too barren like they did with TP. XCX has so much to do the size of the world is fine.

• Xenoblade Chronicles X

Momo - - General Gaming

Like I said in my review, and this goes for Xenoblade as well, this game puts Final Fantasy to shame. Joke is on Squaresoft for letting Takahashi go. Such a brilliant mind.

• Xenoblade Chronicles X

Momo - - General Gaming

You can separate the two though, especially when reviewing. Many don't, but, I find that balance. I don't want to sound pompous. Bottom line is this game is just that good.

• Xenoblade Chronicles X

Momo - - General Gaming

No, honestly. I didn't review this as a fan of the games or the genre. I'm more of a professional than that. There are so many factual inaccuracies and misinfo going around, like the need to grind, which isn't necessary at all as the game pretty much makes sure you're at the level you need to be at.

• Xenoblade Chronicles X

Momo - - General Gaming

Quote from IUHoosiersFan: “Xenoblade Chronicles X isn't a popular enough game with a big name to garner high review scores. The highest review scores are given to AAA games that receive a lot of press (which I think is how it should be). This concept encourages the production of ambitious AAA titles, and gives praise proportionate to its significance to gamers. 84 is respectable.” So what about all those indie games that work so hard? They aren't deserving of high review scores because they aren…

• Xenoblade Chronicles X

Momo - - General Gaming

I think Zelda U will be great but for those thinking it will be as vast as Xenoblade Chronicles X? That's a dream. No game this generation has come close to matching how vast this game is and I don't think they will.

• Xenoblade Chronicles X

Momo - - General Gaming

Thing is, you can't do the story in 50 hours. There are tasks you must complete in between chapters, and seeing as most people didn't pay attention to the tutorials and don't even know how to survey correctly (reviews complained about this -- the map actually shows you where probe sites are), they're going to advance slowly. You don't get the Skell quest until roughly 30 hours into the game, and I forget what chapter that is, but the quest does take some time, especially with no help. This isn't…

• Xenoblade Chronicles X

Momo - - General Gaming

Also, this is from one of my commenters on my review that some of you will find very interesting. Quote: “At 400 Km squared, X is indeed larger than Skyrim (36 Km squared) Fallout 4 (72 km squared) and Witcher 3 (supposedly 136 Km squared squaredaccording to cdpr) In fact its almost twice as big as all of them combined. Thats not even the impressive part though, although far from the largest game map ever made, it IS the largest hand designed map ever created. And THATS impressive. Unlike all 3 …

• Xenoblade Chronicles X

Momo - - General Gaming

Okay I want to clear some things up with the reviews. And I feel most of these outlets didn't even finish the game and/or didn't scratch the surface of all the different features the game has to offer. IMO Sawano's score is brilliant. The music is incredibly diverse, each area has its own theme (both daytime and nighttime), and it really makes you feel like you're on a huge adventure. Of course some of this is up to personal taste, but the music does fit the game well IMO. The complaints are way…

• The Amiibo Thread

Momo - - General Gaming

Honestly I'm only going for amiibo that deal with Zelda for now on. glad I am getting the Midna amiibo from Amazon.

• Xenoblade Chronicles X

Momo - - General Gaming

Okay, so, the embargo is up so my review is posted. These are my full thoughts of the game, and there's still more I want to share but simply can't until the game releases. Xenoblade Chronicles X Review

• Xenoblade Chronicles X

Momo - - General Gaming

The structure of X, to the game world design to its story structure is completely different than XC. I remember reading that XC was really a test run for if they could do a game like X.

• The Amiibo Thread

Momo - - General Gaming

I'm pretty much done with amiibo save if they do a Zelda line. It was fun while it lasted and I have almost all the Smash amiibo.

• Xenoblade Chronicles X

Momo - - General Gaming

Quote from Draug: “That's not necessarily true. XCX is a whole different game from something like MK8 or WWHD. Is it the best RPG on the Wii U? Probably. It might even be the best if you count in the current 3DS RPG's in the same category. But there are plenty of Wii U games that can be considered #1 for what they do and how well they do it.” WW HD is still just a remaster and honestly, there are some great Wii U games and I own a good number of them but XCX just takes it to another level, and n…

• Xenoblade Chronicles X

Momo - - General Gaming

Just IMO, and I'm not finished, but it's the best game on the Wii, hands down.

• Xenoblade Chronicles X

Momo - - General Gaming

There are a lot of affinity quests and they are really character driven. Some are even mandatory to advance the story. I'm finding the sidequests to be a lot more enjoyable than in the first game, just IMO. Overall it's just a fantastic experience.

• The Amiibo Thread

Momo - - General Gaming

I managed to snag the Midna/Wolf Link bundle on Amazon Prime before it sold out. Very relieved since I didn't want to go the GS route.

• Xenoblade Chronicles X

Momo - - General Gaming

Quote from Double A: “Quote from Khao: “I think I've heard that the main story is actually shorter than Xenoblade's” To be fair, that's not saying much, since Xenoblade had a stupidly long main story.” It's...subjective. I'm not going to dare to say anything that may come close to breaking the embargo, but, the way it's structured is way different than XC.

• His garb, since the initial trailer, actually points to the Gerudo. It would be a really really interesting twist if say him and Ganondorf are twins/brothers or childhood friends. I think it would definitely give the story more depth than past games. His cloak has a weird symbol on the back but I've analyzed it in the past and it's not Sheikah. It's definitely tribal and it's actually not a full-blown cloak. Regardless I'm excited to see how all of this turns out.

• Xenoblade Chronicles X

Momo - - General Gaming

Some outlets have said that Xenoblade X has a larger overworld than Fallout or Witcher 3. If so, which I don't doubt...wow. It really is massive in size and scope. One thing I'm curious about is how much there is to do when the game has ended. I hope they don't go the New Game + route, because doing that with Xenoblade made me feel like I was wasting my time.

• Link is still wearing though Gerudo-esque gauntlets. Maybe he's a scavenger. Or maybe he's Gerudo.

• Xenoblade Chronicles X

Momo - - General Gaming

well I'm getting the american one but the big thing for me is that lifehold thumb drive with parts of the soundtrack on it. the art book, a few other things...I'm looking forward to it.

• Xenoblade Chronicles X

Momo - - General Gaming

Quote from john_marston: “You guys think the Special Edition will go up in value? I don't have a Wii U atm, but I'll get one probably next year somewhere and XCX is one of the games I defo wanna play. I can't be arsed getting a regular copy later for the price of a special edition now if the supply turns out to be somewhat limited (a-la XC).” I'm actually not sure. I have mine ordered at GameStop, but Amazon hasn't had it available for a long time (if ever) and I actually do worry about supply. …

• Xenoblade Chronicles X

Momo - - General Gaming

This isn't against the embargo so I can confirm she is 13 in the western release and was not aged up.

• Xenoblade Chronicles X

Momo - - General Gaming

It would be very hard to implement the dual audio @Draug because the Japanese version has more options than the english version with regards to the avatar's voice. So. You couldn't just change the audio in the middle of the game, it would have to be chosen in the beginning. Also, to be honest, this is a VERY dialogue heavy game. The downloadable version is almost 30 gigs I think? The additional audio would just be more space to take up. I played the original Xenoblade in Japanese and I can under…

• They actually teach you in school for psychology to never self-diagnose. I know the DSM so well though that sometimes I do. And partially because my doctor is not good.

• Quote from Hatsune Miku: “@Momo Is Abilify an SSRI?” No, Abilify can act as a mood stabilizer but I forget the exact classification of it. I was on it for a little while, but my doctor upped the dosage from 2 mg a day to 10 mg a day so it made me go completely manic. It's too expensive for me though so I take something else to stabilize my mood, which needs to be upped because it's not working so great.

• I actually refuse to take SSRIs, which are the standard for antidepressants, because they make me go crazy. That's in part because I have a mood disorder but the scary thing is they don't exactly know how these medications work. Drugs like Prozac I say stay farrrr away from. I like anxiety medication because it helps instantly, but some people can get addicted easily. I'm to the point now where I've taken the same thing for 8 years or so and it's just not doing the trick anymore.

• Xenoblade Chronicles X

Momo - - General Gaming

Quote from john_marston: “Quote from Momo: “Quote from john_marston: “Quote from Momo: “A lot of fun. so much to do it's overwhelming. I can't give away much more than that because I don't want to accidentally break the embargo. You can watch videos but the combat is very much like Xenoblade which is nice since the combat system was so good in that game. The world is so huge. It's just...damn. I just hope it sells well. It deserves to. I know it may be a niche game but Nintendo should be marketi…