Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 322.
  • I remember ZU when...

Calliope - - General Chit-Chat

Quote from SacredSturgeon: “Quote from Calliope: “I lived/worked in Chicago for Pusheen the Cat for a few years ” Choosing to believe Pusheen was literally your boss. You brought Pusheen food and water, and cleaned the litter box. ” Hehehe :3 The real Pusheen lived in Connecticut, but IRL Stormy is in Chicago! She is just as floofy as the drawings make her out to be. Quote from Lavvy La Eternal Chin: “But most importantly I remember when my mum died and no one in my family was really there for m…

• I remember ZU when...

Quote from Lucretia: “Quote from Calliope: “Quote from Cody: “For my next trick I’ll summon Calliope ” Quote from andi: “Hi, Frodo, and hi, Calliope! <3333 ” Heeeyyy, Andi! Quote from Breeze: “Omg Calli hiiiii! ” Wassup Breeze!!!! I was stalking around my old Farore stomping grounds, and maybe this is cheesy of me, but I found it really touching that one of my old threads was still pinned and active ;__; It’s nice to know that a lot of Notsil, Brokenjoker, tnf, and I’s *shenanigans are still ali…

• I remember ZU when...

Quote from Cody: “For my next trick I’ll summon Calliope ” Quote from andi: “Hi, Frodo, and hi, Calliope! <3333 ” Heeeyyy, Andi! Quote from Breeze: “Omg Calli hiiiii! ” Wassup Breeze!!!! I was stalking around my old Farore stomping grounds, and maybe this is cheesy of me, but I found it really touching that one of my old threads was still pinned and active ;__; It’s nice to know that a lot of Notsil, Brokenjoker, tnf, and I’s *shenanigans are still alive in some form (*there were a lot more cont…

• I remember ZU when...

I remember when I was Queen of Farore ;__; I also remember when I somehow convinced about 90% of Farore to change their avatars to Hamtaro characters >:) Hi lovelies! I don't know how many of your remember me, but I was the moderator for Farore from, ohhh, I think 2010-2012? (2013?) Typing that out makes it feel like it was such a short amount of time, but looking back, while this is the first time I've logged in in years, my years on ZU made a *huge* impact on my life. I was but a wee Detroit c…

• Yeaah, Mac Vs. PC debates are like every other technology vs. other technology debate out there. There will never be a winner because it's all entirely opinion-based. Fifteen, even ten, years ago, things were a little more divided in what was exclusive to what system, etc. The lines have really blurred today in that most major professional programs are available on all platforms, which further makes the argument one based entirely on what works for you! It's kind of like Pepsi vs. Coke. They're …

• Quote from DekuQueen: “ Because - I hate to admit this. It's a shame but it kind of does make a difference when you walk in with a macbook than with a windows laptop for an interview. Of course they will not care what you work on in your private home, but still ... it's a good investment I guess. ” Aggh yeah, in the arts industry especially, this unfortunately is kind of common. BUT Like almost everything else in life, some computers are just not for you! I'm kind of just preaching to the choir,…

• Hahaha you guys ALSO I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THE "WE ROCK AT TALKING IT OUT HERE" THING. It's a relief to come back from a ZU hiatus and see happy and productive chit chat But I think you should be fine, EL! As long as you're smart about it and obviously not waving your wares around in front of Marvel or Disney lawyers. I've been to many-a-con before and I've never really heard of the big guy laying down the hammer on fanartists.

• Quote from Eternal Legend: “Thanks for the fast response Calliope! I've been on and off about Society6 - or any websites that provide the prints for you. Because I'm kinda worried about them stealing your own large files? Dunno could just be me being all paranoid and whatnot. I was thinking of actually going to a professional printing shop and having them printing it out for me (just a fair number of them) and selling/shipping them that way all on my own? So far it looks like the easiest and bes…

• Quote from Eternal Legend: “I love the amount of advice in this thread. You guys are absolutely incredible. I have a curious question to ask - and they're about prints. Uh... Well... Okay I'll talk about this now, but I'm getting tonnes of messages everyday with people asking me if I sell my artworks as prints, and I have to keep on turning them down because I don't know how? But I don't want to turn them down anymore, just cause. .__. I hate doing it now. I know that deviantArt sells prints, bu…

• I'm definitely with Calypso: it's an option and a right that I want to have, but I sincerely hope it will never have to be a choice I'll have to consider. I've had a pregnancy scare once and it was terrifying even going through the options in my head. I'm very much pro-choice. There are so many unwanted children waiting to be adopted into loving families already, and far too many circumstances of unwanted pregnancies caused by horrific circumstances. If a woman's health is at risk, she should ha…

• I think in today's society, the 4-year(etc) degree has kind of replaced the GED in what's necessary for careers. The great (and also scary) thing about art is that, like I said earlier, a lot rides more on the portfolio than waving around a diploma.Now I don't think going to art school is irrelevant. I've learned some invaluable things, met some great contacts, and through the school, was given some amazing one in a lifetime opportunities. Now it's not to say you're completely missing out on thi…

• Oh yeah, there are a lot of people who make it without a degree! I'm punching myself for brainfarting on specific names, but while I think it's certainly a big help to get a formal education on it, it's not completely necessary. Because the bottom line is the art, not a degree.

• (first off, DANG HI here I have been kind of dead around here for a long long time! but I graduated with a BFA in illustration about a month ago so life has been pretty crazy!) I'm gonna add on to DQ's post cause she knocked it out of the park~ -NETWORKING IS SUPER IMPORTANT. I think the one thing I have found most useful in getting my art out there is having a web presence, and I really never see it being emphasized in schools enough. Browse and comment on the blogs of the artists you admire; i…

• Quote from tnf: “weird me too” Kissed_the_lips.png

• I dated the guy who made these, you know. *ollies back into oblivion*

• I'M RETIRED NOW it was a fun run, about 2 years, but it was time to step down and concentrate 10000% on my last semester of college porch_the_home_of_a_little_old_lady_mousepad-p144075867821667692z8xsj_400.jpg I will be selling mousepads of the porch I will be rocking in my rocking chair on. (they're made out of wicker) ---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ---------- (the mousepads) (are made out of wicker)

• Old vs New 2.0

Calliope - - Creative Corner

This is a cool idea! Ironically enough, I did just this with an old piece a few weeks ago! (methinks I posted it in my art thread but I'll repost it here too) 2s1knme.jpg from September 2007 stockdale_cold_breath_REDO2011.jpg redone, drawn two weeks ago! It's pretty obvious that 21 year-old me has a much stronger grasp on anatomy as compared to 17 year-old me. The biggest thing for me is that I feel like I have a much better grasp on color! The 2007 piece looks like I was flinging my mouse all o…

• MB-ghettoblaster.jpg my fave local brew I'm usually not too picky with beer, I'm quite partial to Guiness and Heineken as well. In terms of the non-beer stuff, I kind of am obsessed with margaritas. To the point where when I went to the Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville restaurant in Chicago, it was on par with going to Disneyworld....mmmm

• galleria de Calliope

Quote from deimos-remus: “Haha, I saw that Pug-A-Geddon in the hallway a few weeks ago, I could tell it was yours! I put one up as well, since I have a pug myself. :P” Haha, glad to have ya' participate in that! Back when I was a freshman we had things like that on a weekly basis, so some of us upperclassman try and renew that every once in a while. (I also totally spotted some of your drawings on a table in class earlier this evening and I doodled next to it :P) Okey dokey, got a handful of stu…

• Sleeping Habits

This last summer, out of nowhere, I had this really bad episode of vertigo in the middle of the night. I rolled over in my bed and got this sudden sensation of dizziness, as if I had been spinning in a chair over and over. The dizziness woke me up, and when I opened my eyes, the room was spinning. I was incredibly freaked out and it kept up the entire night; I promptly signed my paranoid ass onto Web MD that morning to figure out what was going on. I...don't know what caused that...and it still …

• ZU! Cribs

i40s7OafTq0 semi drunk and alone in my apartment on a sunday night, a perfect time to do an apartment tour!!! (i normally don't sound that...dazed...erm yeah) also hahaha I had a hard time aiming the laptop camera sometimes, sorry about that

• From 1996-2010, for every summer, I was involved in this theatre camp. First I was a student, then a volunteer, and eventually a full-time employee. It's still one of the greatest jobs I ever had. The first year I was actually paid to work there, I was initially hired on to help a 3rd grade boy who had low-functioning autism. I was sixteen at the time, and I remember being incredibly flattered that the program directors trusted me, and overwhelmed, I didn't know much about the disability at the …

• ZU Confession Thread 2012

Quote from DarKnite92: “ Honestly, I think what I did was worse. When I was being picked on I was an above average size kid, although meek and out of shape, being picked on by kids of the same age. I was 17 picking on a handicap.” Can we stop this discussion now please. There's no justification. On with the confessions~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!

Quote from AzraelBlack: “CALLIOPE! You're a bad girl? *swoons*” I used to rip the tags off mattresses just for fun. I still get edgy when I hear police sirens. I know they're still looking for me.

Quote from Snow_Storm-Kun: “ New Confession - When I was younger, I was put in a special needs class for about two years. The teacher who was screening me for classes thought I was a retard because I was talking super fast (a problem I still deal today but I'm too lazy to fix it.) and thought it was a "good" move to put me in a class full of retards. This ♥♥♥♥ed me up for a while after being label as special needs because it was pretty obvious that I wasn't special needs and all that jazz to so …

also, if you ever need someone to talk to or even just to vent to, my inbox doesn't bite :>

Quote from Eternal Legend: “I create art for the sole purpose of venting. It's my main and easiest way to escape and to help me stay sane from the amount of difficulties I constantly face in life since the day I learnt how to hold and use a pencil. I'm just putting this out in the open because I keep on getting the vibe that I'm making art for the sole purpose of being an attention whore to a lot of people when I'm not. It's only me venting mostly, or having fun and forgetting about the hardship…

• ZU Snapshots

me n' notsil: Tail.PNG me amy n' saul: cats_paw_island_xxxxd_by_geekyfurry-d414ojr.jpg me n' mel: funny-horses-bro-fist.jpg me n' radek: 300px-Hollywoodbodyguard.jpg (radek is whitney houston) me and the pony/brony/whatever craze: 6f50639d-c5c0-4399-a515-065d5e7b7971.jpg cries me n' farore: wolfhome_warriors_and_maidens_by_invader_zonia-d2xstkw.jpg me n' tnfsil: nasamoonbasealpha.jpg me n' mike: tumblr_lorgwiEYWp1qgmdygo1_500.jpg (he is a courageous) me n' my life: Episode_105.jpg hmmm I'll post…

I tried pot once. It actually made me incredibly paranoid more than anything else, and the entire time all I wanted to do was go home. I guess it's just not for me, but I really have no opinion whether or not other people do it. Just be smart about it. /momma bear

I have one more semester of college left and I'm terrified I won't have what it takes to leave Michigan and make it in the real world Also I am scared ♥♥♥♥less of being in a relationship again. I don't ever want to get my heart broken again and I certainly don't ever want to do what he did to me to someone else. (aahh sorry being cryptic there holla holla) PS mucho kisses for Meljay and Buu

• galleria de Calliope

Quote from Eternal Legend: “Calliope Calliope Calliope... I would love to see your work published in books or other merchandise in the near future. Your work is like eye candy to me. The unique style, the beautiful shades of colour is just pleasing to look at. They also give off a story feeling to them, which is lovely. And you get more points for drawing Fi. xD <333 Stunning work as always. :heart:” dkjfasdlkfja ahwhwww gosh EL thank you @___@ (also YEAH FI IS A TON OF FUN TO DRAW and I haven't…

• galleria de Calliope

here is something I drew stockdale_modforest_WEB.jpg it's kinda a continuation of that other woodland chain smoker girl piece. but I went in a little bit of a different direction stylistically

• What Pleases You?

Margaritas please me. Watching Parks and Rec and drinking margaritas at the same time also pleases me. (spoiler: this is what Im doing right now)

• galleria de Calliope

happy skyward sword daaaaaaaaaaaaay! 2gwdtoh.jpg

• Erm, people are allowed to have their own opinions about whether or not they want to drink or not. And they're also allowed to change that opinion if they so want. Or not. It's their choice. Everyone's got a different opinion dawgs, we can't speak for other people ---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ---------- i.e. let's keep it classy

• Well, I've always described myself as "Hannah times 2" when I'm inebriated. Because I generally become very silly and hyper and kind of everywhere at once. I have a really bad habit of drunk texting/trolling my friends, even if they're sitting across the table from me. And drunk drawing. I doodle a lot while sober, but for some reason, I just can't stop drawing things when I drink. Probably the not-smartest case of this was when I was hanging out in a friends garage, and I just grabbed some chal…

• Scrapbook XVII: Puppy time

Calliope - - Community Archive

Mori makes me feel the Skyrim irl it's all around me vhfeqs.jpg awkward frumpy beatnik hipster supreme is me

• What are you wearing today?

It's a lazy sunday today, I'm just wearing some grubby old holes-in-the-knees gray jeans, slipper socks, and a Skyward Sword t-shirt I got for free after playing a demo of the game at New York Comic Con

• I would pay off all my tuition and loans first thing. My college isn't cheap. I'd probably give a good deal of the money to my parents too since they've helped me out so much with school; my dad really wants a Camaro.... and my mom's car is pretty crummy, so I'd probably get them nicer cars. And I'd put some money aside so I can rent out a nice brownstone in Brooklyn with my friends when we graduate. I never want to be "filthy stinkin' rich"...I would just like to be able to live comfortably. AN…

• Dogs or Cats?

Also when it comes to smells, cats and dogs can both reek. It really just depends on how clean/bathed the animal is and whether its spayed or neutered and the cleanliness of the house itself. I've been in houses where it just has this weird cat odor and it's off-putting...same with dogs