Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • The Nintendo Switch

MVS - - General Gaming

Quote from Ty.: “Tomb Raider did it. It’s the only one that comes to mind. And maybe The Last of Us ” And Witcher 3 apparently. So yes it works. The question is how willing Nintendo would be to do this. In any case, the most important thing is that they do this for future titles if you ask me. But it sure would be nice if they did this for older titles that really needs this as well.

• The Nintendo Switch

MVS - - General Gaming

Quote from Canyarion: “I doubt that existing games will run better on an upgraded Switch. You should ask PU, but I don't think that's how games work. ” Now it was just an example, but yes it is very possible if they wanted to. It has been done with somewhat older PS4-titles for PS4 Pro. Don't remember a specific game, but I remember that it was a thing. But as I said, only if the developers want to update. With my post I meant first of all new games, like the future 3D Zelda title, but also othe…

• Link’s Awakening

MVS - - Classic Zelda

Yes sure, if I had access to that damn game, which I have tried to get my hands on before. The same with Minish Cap. Unless Link's Awakening for Switch is a 60 dollar-game I will get the remake.

• Quote from BackSet: “Quote from Takanuva: “It might be dumb, but I want a really big Hyrule. Like bigger than BotW, and populated with a decent number of NPCs, with actual villages and cities you can visit, and really expansive details and forests that it's easy to get lost in. Also one thing I'd like that was somewhat lacking from BotW that'd be nice is caves, tombs, mines, underground dungeons. Also more water would be nice. A game focused around sailing and exploration would be super cool. ” …

• Out of order, I just picked the 10 (in my opinion) best songs in the game. But I've got to say that Lake Hylia has a special place for me, and it does help that Lake Hylia is among my favorite places in Zelda, and I think Twilight Princess' version of it is the best if you ask me, and the music does a lot. Another one that I really like is the night theme of Hyrule Field. It feels mystical and atmospheric, hence why I really like it. 'Courage' is another one, and it is also a lot about context. …

• The Nintendo Switch

MVS - - General Gaming

Would be great if a "Switch Pro" could play most stuff in 1080p (docked) and 60 fps, that otherwise are 720p and (barely) 30 fps-games. Imagine if BotW was like that, and you actually could run around in Korok Forest in stable 60 fps. I am not that sensitive, but it sure would have been awesome. And yes I know that BotW (the Switch-version) played at 900p in dock-mode, but still. If a Switch Pro becomes a reality I can't see myself go out and buy one the first thing I do. If I buy one it will pr…

• Let’s talk about JRPGS

MVS - - General Gaming

Quote from Guinea: “@MVS LOL I'm playing Vesperia right now, and I love it!! ” It is a really good game overall. I really did enjoy it, but unfortunately the battle system never quite clicked with me.

• Quote from Cajbaj: “But what I'm appalled about is the idea that this is somehow a bad thing. For the developers this is a dream come true, Nintendo never gives out their IP like this. The game looks good. It probably is good, given that it's just "Good game with Zelda stuff". Literally why would anyone be mad about that. ” Well I can only speak for myself, and all I can say right now is that I am very neutral to this game. Sure it looks cool and it will probably be a good game. However, I am no…

• Let’s talk about JRPGS

MVS - - General Gaming

Quote from Guinea: “Oh I still want the FF games but yes Ys VIII looks way too fun. ” I think the battle system in Ys VIII is my jam, unlike the one in Vesperia. If I like the gameplay in a game I probably will enjoy the entire game, more or less at least. But we will see.

• Let’s talk about JRPGS

MVS - - General Gaming

Lol I was kind of hyped about all the Final Fantasy-games that will get ported to the Switch, but now I just don't feel like buying anything, pretty strange. I guess it is a combination of how many other interesting games there are out there (and at home), that makes the older Final Fantasy-titles look so uninteresting to me. Next up is Ys VIII, and I have heard a lot of good stuff about it so that is all good.

• Quote from Vulpes: “I don't like this, and that means you all are going to be hearing me complain about it for months. ” And I wouldn't have it any other way. But seriously, I don't know what to think. Necrodancer is new territory for me and I don't know how it plays and what to expect. I usually don't buy indie-games and I might skip this one. But I am going to see how it will turn out. Only because they put in Zelda characters in a game doesn't make me want to get it.

• The Nintendo Switch

MVS - - General Gaming

Quote from Mirren: “This won't be a popular opinion, but I'm pretty sure that I'm more excited for Cadence of Hyrule than I am the Link's Awakening remake. ” Not that strange that you feel that way considering that Link's Awakening will be a remake of a Gameboy-game while Cadence of Hyrule will be a new game, albeit an indie-one but still. It will most likely be a lot cheaper than Link's Awakening too. I don't know, but I have never seen the appeal of Cuphead. Everyone seems to love it, while I …

• Do You Want Shrines to Return?

MVS - - Future Zelda

They can honestly stay in the current form as long as they are not the main thing to look for (like they pretty much were in BotW). If there are like 10 main dungeons, a lot of random caves/ruins/whatever and other interesting spots on the map, I could see shrines (but with a different name/design) work as they did in BotW, like 50 or so. But I much more rather see huge variations in pretty much all regards. Shrines in the form of minidungeons, that can be very small and pretty big, different th…

• Like this is a pretty tough question for me. Sure it would be awesome with a new modern big scale 3D Zelda with a very good plotline and characters, but here is the thing: I don't know if today's Zelda-team can pull that off. If they bring in Koizumi and other great people in this regard, then sure, I would go for a more linear storyline. But with Aonuma & co, I really don't know. On the other hand, Breath of the Wild is a rough diamond. If they just can take everything they did in BotW, but ref…

• The only HM-moves that I thought were good in battles were surf and waterfall pretty much. Everything else were "not as good". Flash could be useful to lessen your opponents' accuracy, and strength was an "ok" move for normal types I guess. Fly was also "ok" but a bit annoying that it always took two turns for it. So sure, and especially with so many HMs I guess it is for the better if HMs don't return. I remember me having some Pokemon whose single purpose was to be "HM-carriers" with four HM-m…

• @Keyaki I remember when I randomly walked around in the grass in Crystal and Entei or Raikou appeared from nowhere and I thought my game was glitching out (different music theme for the "dogs"). Pretty strange that this trio got a special theme, but not Ho-oh or Lugia. Sure Suicune was the "coverboy" of Crystal, but still...

• I want just a different take on the open air formula for the next game + tons of variety in general. One kind of different take on the open world formula could be a more populated world, and another take could be another land than Hyrule with 100 % new provinces/locations. And also, and this is a bit controversial, but I want way more VA in the game, and I don't see why you just can't have the option to set off VA if you don't like it. Japanese should also be available from day 1 for all the Jap…

• The annoying thing about HMs from my memory was that you couldn't simply forget them whenever you wanted to, which you could with normal attacks/moves. That was stupid. If I easily can forget HMs simply by overwriting it with another attack/move... then I would gladly have them back, even if some attacks became worthless later in battles, like cut.

• The Nintendo Switch

MVS - - General Gaming

Quote from Guinea: “I played the GC version first. Then the Wii (which is what I have now) and it confused me at first but I've played it more and now that's Hyrule's layout. ” Well for me, who played the GC-version five times, and then tried out the Wii-version because of the different Wii-controls, you can tell how annoying it was constantly walking into walls. It became so annoying that it took out a lot of fun from my last playthrough of the game. And not being able to rotate the camera was …

• Quote from BackSet-Chan: “I know. But I gave a fun fact cause I'm bored. ” And tell me the logic behind dark types being afraid of bugs? And if they aren't afraid of those, why else would dark types be weak against bugs? Like, the logic in my mind why dark is immune to psychic and resistant to ghosts, is that they are so mentally stable (dark minds) that they will not be affected by psychic shenanigans, and not get nervous in the presence of ghosts. So you would think that bugs wouldn't do shit …

• The Nintendo Switch

MVS - - General Gaming

Quote from Guinea: “Oh damn would I like WW and TP for Switch. That would be the best thing ever. Plus SS? Shiiiiiit... ” I'm not gonna lie, but I would pay 60 dollars for TP HD right now. I miss that game, and that it is based on the GC-version makes it so much more appealing. I despised the Wii-version. Mainly because it was mirrored (which confused the shit out of me) and no right-stick camera control.

• Quote from Max N.: “Quote from MVS: “The type today that I regard to be too powerful is steel, that resist way too many types, even types that makes no sense for steel to resist, like psychic and ghost. How are psychic and ghost weak to steel? Makes no damn sense. And now with the inclusion of fairy, steel gets even stronger. ” Steel stopped being resistant to Ghost in gen 6, for what it's worth. ” I get that steel is resistant to psychic because of balancing-reasons, but it really doesn't make …

• The Nintendo Switch

MVS - - General Gaming

Quote from Khao: “Quote from MVS: “what can we expect in 2020 if not a 3D Zelda which the user King Zell has hinted about (with a pretty good track record). Let's say it isn't a new 3D Zelda, what do you think it can be? ” I'd say Skyward Sword HD. It makes sense to me. ” Sure, but a remake/remaster after another? And honestly, I see a port of TWW HD and TP HD as more likely for next year than a Skyward Sword HD. Pretty good port fillers, then a 3D Zelda for 2021, and then SS HD for 2022. Or som…

• Alright, but don't you think dragon has become pretty weak now? Like the only thing it is good on is itself, and has three weaknesses: dragon, ice and fairy. Sure it is resistant to fairly many types, but still. Or are dragon Pokemon strong enough in general to make up for it?

• Quote from John: “Yeah, there was a coding error that ended up making Gen1 psychic immune to ghost. Which is part of why psychic was so incredibly broken, since the type specifically designed to counter it couldn't actually hurt it. (Other reasons included the fact that all ghost types were also part-poison, and so didn't resist psychic, and the fact that there was just one special stat for both special attack and defence, making all psychic types hard-hitting tanks). ” Even if there wasn't a co…

• The Nintendo Switch

MVS - - General Gaming

It seems clearly that Nintendo was serious when they stated that they aimed for a Zelda title each year. So counting from BotW: 2017: BotW 2018: Hyrule Warriors 2019: Link's Awakening 2020: ? I mean, we have got a spinoff-title (albeit a port), and we will get a 2Dish title this year, what can we expect in 2020 if not a 3D Zelda which the user King Zell has hinted about (with a pretty good track record). Let's say it isn't a new 3D Zelda, what do you think it can be? Strongly doubt that they wou…

• Quote from GregariousTree: “To be fair, the change in Ghost/Psychic matchup was not so much a tweak as a bug fix. It was always intended to be that way. Gen 1 games even tell you that Ghost is strong against Psychic. ” But the only ghost-attack (Lick) in gen 1 that wasn't a fixed one (like Night Shade), wasn't it "super effective" against psychic-types? I think "Lick" was the only attack of this kind in gen 1. It should have been super effective against psychic, or wasn't it? Funny btw that the …

• Quote from BackSet-Chan: “Those arenas are almost as big as some of the cities on the map. I think it's not to scale. ” I don't see it, and if the stadiums really are that big as they looked in the trailer, it wouldn't surprise me if they almost are as big as some towns lol. The towns are pretty small on average aren't they?

• Quote from BackSet-Chan: “Also scale is a thing. I highly doubt the scale here is the same as in the actual games. ” Yes, something that I could see being a thing, but at the same time we really don't know shit about that yet, so it could as well be as small as it looks. I really don't know why they would do that either.

• Quote from BackSet-Chan: “Quote from MVS: “One of the developers talked about that Sword/Shield is aimed to be their biggest project yet (or something of that nature, don't remember the exact phrasing), do you think the 8th generation really will feel significantly more ambitious than the 7th generation? Like, will the world be bigger? It doesn't look that big to me, but maybe the map is very inaccurate in terms of how small/big things in it really are. ” Compared to other pokemon maps, the map …

• One of the developers talked about that Sword/Shield is aimed to be their biggest project yet (or something of that nature, don't remember the exact phrasing), do you think the 8th generation really will feel significantly more ambitious than the 7th generation? Like, will the world be bigger? It doesn't look that big to me, but maybe the map is very inaccurate in terms of how small/big things in it really are.

• Quote from TriforceHolder: “Wisdom and intelligence aren’t exactly the same thing. Intelligence is more akin to the resources at your disposal while wisdom is more like how you apply those resources. I should also point out that in a large percentage of Zelda games Zelda doesn’t actually have the Triforce of Wisdom for pretty much of the time. ” I know the difference, why I wrote "wise" in my post which is self-evident. But being wise doesn't necessarily exclude intelligence either. I wrote that…

• Just because this is BotW's second birthday I will post some music from the game. First the main theme: (Hidden Content) Two overworld songs that I am fond of: (Hidden Content) Divine beasts: (Hidden Content) Sidon's Theme: (Hidden Content) And yeah, happy birthday Breath of the Wild and the Switch.

• Quote from Canyarion: “Quote from MVS: “Robotnik may be smart on paper, but he just appear as dumb/not serious to me. Sure we are talking about Sonic now, but still. If they would try out this idea of a villain, I really want to see intelligence and rhetorical skills in action, and fairly often. I would not be satisfied to just "learn" that the villain is very intelligent, I want to see it in practice. ” Let him wield the Triforce of Wisdom and tadaa, a great new villain. ” In all honesty, it do…

• Quote from Vulpes: “My "team" is my starter leveled up to absurdity. ” Me in my first playthrough of Pokemon Blue. My Charizard was OP. But in all seriousity that is a very boring way to play Pokemon. I also think that the types 'flying' and 'bug' to be pretty meh. Psychic and steel are types that I probably would like to have. But in the end there will be other factors that will play in obviously. If you are very effective with the dual-typing you could cover 12 types.

• How is it with poison-types, they are immune to poison right? In terms of types, how do your team usually look like? Are there types that you always want to be prevalent in your teams? Types you avoid? Personally I think the "normal"-type is pretty boring to waste a spot on, even if there are good normal-type-Pokemon out there. There are 18 types but only 6 spots...

• Odd Gaming Habits

MVS - - General Gaming

Yeah I can become a bit frustrated in games which gives me too many different paths, like I get decision anxiety which path I should choose and that I immediately want to return to see what the other path leads to. This is not the case oddly enough for open world games, just games that are linear but gives me different paths-options. In an open world I just accept the design and enjoys it. A bit strange.

• Quote from Sindre: “I wouldn't say that type effectivenesses and such have changed much since gen 1, but the introduction of abilities in gen 3 made some pokemon get type immunities that they wouldn't normally have, like Gastly being immune to ground moves due to the Levitate ability. Also, starting in generation 6, electric pokemon are now unable to be paralysed, just like fire pokemon can't be burned. ” Could fire-types get burned in the two first generations? I can't remember. One change that…

• Quote from JPineapple: “So I’m playing leaf green and I realized wow I know shit about Pokémon after all these years haha I didn’t realize rock was weak to grass lol ” Strengths, weaknesses and "neutrals" are stuff that I remember quite clearly despite like 15 years of not playing the games. The only type I am unsure about is fairy, naturally... since it is a new type. But over the years it wouldn't surprise me if Game Freak has done some minor changes when it comes to this, have they?

• Quote from Vulpes: “I really don't like voice acting in most games. If they have to include it, I hope it can be turned off. ” If they include it they will make sure that it can't be turned off... just to piss you off.