Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • I’ve been hearing a lot of positive coverage about Pete Buttigieg lately, all indications are that he’s a good speaker with an interesting life story and could leave an impression if he makes it into the debates. Not sure if he’d be able to overcome current name recognition issues for this primary but could be a future rising star to look out for - he’s only 37.

• Podcasts You Listen To

Cody - - Entertainment

As far as video games, I like THE ZELDA UNIVERSE PODCAST, and some others such as the Giant Bombcast / Beastcast, as mentioned by Ty. I also listen to some history podcasts, like Hardcore History and one called The History of Rome. For general entertainment I listen to general chat shows like My Brother, My Brother and Me, and some other fun stuff like All Systems Goku, which is people watching through DBZ for the first time. For politics podcasts I listen to the FiveThirtyEight podcast, as well…

• Yeah it's all really early still, none of what we know so far is clear enough that I would be willing to bet money on one person in particular to win. We don't even know who else will run yet - if The Rock ends up running I'll have to revise him into the top 5.

• The Democratic party structure has influence, but it's not as godlike and overwhelming as you're making it out to be. The first initial choice of the DNC doesn't always win (in fact, Hillary was doing well by those traditional indicators in 2008 but ended up losing). An example of a year when the grass-roots Left candidate took advantage of a large Democratic field to win is 1972 with George McGovern. 2016 was the most exaggerated possible example of a year where the Party and its prominent figu…

• @Kerest This is a chance more than other years for a non-party-backed candidate to win, in either direction. Again, this is what happened with Trump in the Republican Primaries. It depends on who falls out of the race and in what order. Here's three situations for winning scenarios for ranks 1, 2, and 3 on Pietro's list: E.g. Situation 1: The mainstream Democrats are locked in a bitter battle and voters aren't coalescing around any of them in particular, but Bernie is left with clear air as Warr…

• I would generally agree with the list, but this many candidates does open up the possibility for more chaos though - a similar situation really helped Trump in the Primaries for example (anyone in early 2015 would have listed him as a joke candidate).

• Who is Cody Davies?

Cody - - Community Central

Wow, a close vote so far

• The ZUCast 2018 Hub

Thanks Liah - we’ll definitely be bringing Kelly back, since she is now a FAN FAVOURITE.

• Cancellation culture/purity culture exhausts me. It's always good to question how we can do better, of course, but it's also ok to stop and say "Wow that person is doing a good job at something right now." AOC is successfully shifting the priority of the topics for discussion during the 2020 election cycle at the moment. Democratic candidates will now be going through the primaries probably all in favor of some variation of the Green New Deal. It's a sort of guiding statement - it's vague enough…

• The ZUCast 2018 Hub

Sure, I can cut you a great deal, just for you.

• The ZUCast 2018 Hub

Episode 4 is live! Featuring Link's Awakening remake discussion and an interview with YouTuber Chuggaaconroy! youtube.com/watch?v=OQhpc32L234

• Depends on your definition, and what you're trying to achieve. Different leadership skills are needed for different positions. To use Zelda Universe as an example, a clan moderator and a Serious Discussion board moderator are both community leaders, but with different skill priorities. In an SD mod we'd prioritize the ability to step in and cleanly break up fights whereas in a clan mod we'd want someone good at getting along with clan members who can create events and get more people involved. I…

• This thread is huge so we're making a new version! You can find it here.

• Beto seems like prime Vice-Presidential pick material for a range of the other Presidential candidates (particularly those wanting to cover up weaknesses in areas like lack of youthfulness, or being a “coastal elite”).

• I got elected to local Government a few months ago and things are going well. Already doing something better than Dianne Feinstein lol: B09HNiq.png

• I remember ZU when...

Cody - - General Chit-Chat

@OldHonoredFan shared this on Discord - a ZU Scrapbook website from 2004. Some classic photos there. link21911.tripod.com/zuscrapbook/index.html

• I remember ZU when...

Yeah that's how it goes. In this era where anyone can start a subreddit or a facebook group or a discord server, traditional message board software development is basically on life support. You can find some relatively stable software that looks like it came out 10 years ago, but not much that really adapts to the times, aside from stuff like Discourse (which we looked at, but it's just too different for a lot of the current forum users to adapt to).

• I remember ZU when...

My favorite 2001 forum page is this one though: web.archive.org/web/2001060401…forums.zeldauniverse.net/ "You are free to post everything you feel to, as long as it follow the rules below. We apreciate people who come back and post often, therefore, we have got a rank : 0-50 Posts : ZeldaUniverse Forum Regular Member 50-100 Posts : ZeldaUniverse Forum Important Member 100-250 Posts : ZeldaUniverse Forum Very Important Member 300-1000 Posts : ZeldaUniverse Forum Moderator 1000+ Posts : ZeldaUnive…

• I remember ZU when...

There was forum... stuff in 2001. Like three or four different forum softwares doing various things, most of them aren't archived by the wayback machine but you can see one here web.archive.org/web/2001102423…net/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi The records of this database we're currently using basically start from an import of a 2002 forum into vBulletin

• I remember ZU when...

Quote from TheBuzzSaw: “I'm curious to know more about that event labeled "vBulletin crashes". I mean, I know vBulletin is a bloated mess, but I don't remember such an event. I do remember when the site transitioned to the new design (which seems to still be in effect to some degree with modifications). ” It’s a whole saga. Basically vBulletin spent a few months getting less and less stable (well a few years, but in the last few months the problems were getting more and more absurd) until it fin…

• [vote]interestingdrug[/vote]

• Some helpful graphs on the black vote, the party loyalist vote and the young vote respectively during the 2016 primary, courtesy of the WSJ. buO2yIb.png As you'll remember, in 2016 there were any number of similar stories to that Kamala Harris story you shared, about Hillary and whether her and her husband's policies have been good for black people (and to try and cut this off before it becomes an unrelated argument, I agree with a lot of those points! My post is about understanding how the demo…

• Yeah the 2016 Democratic primary had like, Lincoln Chafee or whatever. A bunch of them will go away fast. It will narrow down to people favored by specific groups within the coalition that makes up the Democratic Party. 538 created a model where these are the five groups to try and sway within the Democratic Party. 1. Party Loyalists 2. The Left 3. Millennials and Friends 4. Black voters 5. Hispanic voters (sometimes in combination with Asian voters) (the article explains why they're grouped tog…

• My tastes trend towards lighter stuff and comedy, though I do like some dramas also. As far as catching up with the last few years of anime, my top 10 anime list for 2016 went like this: #10 Sakamoto desu ga? #9 ReLIFE #8 Jojo: Diamond is Unbreakable #7 My Hero Academia #6 Tanaka-kun is Always Listless #5 Erased #4 Konosuba #3 Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan #2 Yuri!!! on Ice #1 Mob Psycho 100 As for 2017 onwards I'm still not quite caught up yet and don't think I made a ranked list but from memory in no r…

• I remember ZU when...

Zelda website new user activity is fundamentally a reflection of the Zelda series launch cycle, though we do have some level of power over retaining new users once they arrive. So yeah, after that boost around the release of Twilight Princess in 2006, Twilight Princess kept selling because it was a launch game for the Wii and continued to sell for years afterward. Skyward Sword was nice but a blip, which I think is pretty reflective of how Zelda fans feel about it lol as well as a reflection of …

• I remember ZU when...

Hi F3 I forgot to respond to HeroOfTime5 before but those numbers generally line up with mine. Here is an annotated graph of the full history (minus 2002-pre vBulletin stuff): zeuhSZt.png

• "How do I?" General Help Thread

Cody - - Help and Feedback

Following someone doesn't do anything in particular though as far as I'm aware.

• Meanwhile, Howard Schultz isn't getting a single egg twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1091492429004505089

• FiveThirtyEight have been having discussions on strengths and weaknesses of Democratic Primary candidates as they announce: How Elizabeth Warren Could Win The 2020 Democratic Nomination How Kamala Harris Could Win The 2020 Democratic Nomination How Kirsten Gillibrand Could Win The 2020 Democratic Nomination How Tulsi Gabbard Could Win The 2020 Demoocratic Nomination How Pete Buttigieg Could Win The 2020 Democratic Nomination

• Security certificate errors

It’s been fixed but people will still get sporadic issues over the next few hours, unfortunately DNS issues will still take like 24 hours to fully resolve even after you fix them. They should get less and less frequent over time though.

• Security certificate errors

We got a setting wrong while changing something and so it did this. We know what the problem is though, so it shouldn’t take long to deal with.

• "How do I?" General Help Thread

It shows up and works on the Temple skin too for the record, you just have to hover over someone's name to see the full version of the profile.

• Some interesting stuff this season already. Just started watching Dororo and it's very promising so far. youtube.com/watch?v=6okszfPBpTI

• Good game everyone. A bit quiet and nobody really pushed anyone for roles or anything like that, so we were able to coast by fairly smoothly.

• Was the day not over 40 minutes ago? When’s end of day today?

• Speaking of which, did we have a number in mind for tonight? lol

• Everyone should get their votes in, hard to move on otherwise

• Based on voting records and such I'm still iffy on [vote]GuardianFIN[/vote] If I'm alone on that by end of day I'll move to something more viable.

• Just woke up, will read through

• Here's a list of remaining players: 1. RealmWings 4. zoraluigi 6. Sabbo 7. GuardianFin 9. DLR 11. Gazooks 12. Cody 13. unabletable 14. Gregarious DLR (Biggles) is the biggest mystery to me but has had mitigating circumstances as far as activity. A few others feel like they're coasting also, but I'll give them the chance to post during the upcoming American prime time period while I sleep, and then be back for the last couple of hours as usual.