Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • In Gerudo Highlands, about halfway between Sapphia's Table and Zirco Mesa, there's a place that looks like a traveler's camp. Some mighty bananas can be found there. Very shortly after I arrived, I was attacked by three Yiga archers. Interesting place.

• Quote from MORPHRELINK: “Given that the Tunic of the Wild still called the Temple its home, It's likely other past Hero's gear (Or their replica's) may still be buried beneath the remaining areas of the temple. ” Quote from MORPHRELINK: “Zelda and her Research team managed to unearth and clear out a great deal of the abandoned Temple's roof as they searched for the entrance and once they were able to get inside they could excavate what remained of the relics and learned of their forgotten past i…

• Do You Want Shrines to Return?

Evran_Speer - - Future Zelda

Quote from Zero_Origin: “So, with that in mind, would you like to see Shrines return? ” I like the idea of having numerous minidungeons scattered across the land, especially in a land as vast as BotW Hyrule. However, I'm not a fan of shrines as such. I can see why they were made as they were; they were a decent excuse for blatantly puzzle-focused sections catered to Link's abilities and their uniform appearance from the outside ensured that we always knew what we were looking for. But because of…

• The Life and Times of Satori

Evran_Speer - - Theorizing

I like this theory. Very dramatic. I'm especially fond of the lone lizalfos assassin and the implication that a hinox actually did something. Quote from gamtos: “Satori likely died by electrocution through the powerful shock arrows of a lone Lizalfos that managed to best the steep mountain, several years before the first bloodmoon. ” Hino at Dueling Peaks Stable says that the blood moon has been happening for 100 years. (He only says this the first time you talk to him). Zelda mentions monster a…

• Zelda Headcanons

I've always thought that there was only one Dead Hand. After being defeated under the well, it retreated to the Shadow Temple. Also, the Bottom of the Well and the Shadow Temple (and Dampe's Grave) are parts of a single underground structure connected by secret corridors that Link never discovers, but Dead Hand knows them.

• Good point. Though since they decided to make it its own game, they might want to include more characters. Maybe if the other characters from the original game aren't here, new characters could be included as "clones" of those ones. I don't know if that would work; just throwing ideas out there.

• I love the Divine Beasts. They were internally consistent, functional dungeons with moving parts and they looked like giant animals. I can only imagine the work that must have gone into making those. I especially like Vahs Ruta and Naboris, because in addition to the parts that you control directly, you can also manipulate the water and electric currents to move even more parts. And because you have a lot more freedom about how you move them, as opposed to Vah Medoh's three options and Vah Rudan…

• Wasn't that line a mistranslation? For the war, I read a theory once that proposed that the Unification War (or Hyrulean Civil War, if you prefer) had actually been a much longer time before OoT, but the Hero of Time hadn't aged for most of his stay in Kokiri Forest. That blurs the distinction between Hylian and Kokiri a bit (i.e. could Link have been a Kokiri if he weren't needed as a Hylian?) but it allows for a larger time gap between the war and OoT.

• Small Breath of the Wild theories

Quote from Nonoctoro: “If the Monks planned everything 10 000 years ago, why did they let so many people died ? ” I was thinking something similar. - After Link completes each shrine, the monks disintegrate and are never seen again. This goes for the Champion's Ballad shrines, too. - The Champions completed all of the Champions Ballad shrines 100 years ago and gained access to the Divine Beasts. - But the monks are still there to reward Link when he completes the trials 100 years later. So they …

• Quote from Mango The Magician: “The designs are identical to existing designs for both the characters and most of the enemies. ” zeldauniverse.net/forums/Attac…624bf9c55633b4a59d21ec9c3 I dunno, there are some subtle differences. In any case, this game looks like a lot of fun. I'll probably get it and then do my very best to squeeze it onto the timeline. I don't know much of anything about Crypt of the Necromancer, but from the wiki, it looks like there are actually 15 different playable charact…

• Small Breath of the Wild theories

I noticed something recently. zeldauniverse.net/forums/Attac…624bf9c55633b4a59d21ec9c3 I could be wrong, but I think this is the only time someone in Hyrule's overworld mentions an individual monk in association with a shrine, though he might not know that the monk is actually inside the shrine. The phrasing "the monk's blessing" could even indicate that the Deku Tree knows that this is a "blessing shrine." I don't think it's surprising that the Deku Tree knows more about the shrines than most p…

• Zelda Headcanons

Quote from Mozly Alice: “It's not even the lack of consistency. BotW's Hyrule should be flooded because none of the rivers flow to the sea. ” In OoT, at least, there are underground waterways carrying water away from the Water Temple to some unknown destination. TP Also has water flowing downward through the Lakebed Temple, presumably from the lake above, but I don't think we see it going anywhere. So, headcanon answer: Both of those temples function to channel water underground from Lake Hylia …

• I think that Death Sword theory actually has merit. Quote from gamtos: “The Arbiter's Grounds are an imprisonment grounds for Hyrule's foulest prisoners. One would be hard-pressed to believe Ganondorf was the only prisoner in it, especially with other mysterious creatures like Stallord. ” I'm just going off memory here, but I'm pretty sure the Japanese version only identifies one prisoner, that being Ganondorf. From that perspective, it makes sense that Death Sword would have some connection to …

• Spoilers for Captain Marvel and season 1 of Agents of Shield (Hidden Content)

• Quote from ibLeo: “So did Cloak and Dagger turn out OK? It’s not on any channel I have access to. Has anybody watched it? ” I'm partway through Cloak and Dagger. It's pretty good. The visuals are very artsy, which I always like, but sometimes, a bit melodramatic for my tastes. I've found that I enjoy it more in relatively small doses.

• Quote from Velivolo: “Your reasons above are "Ancient Astronaut Theory isn't real; Therefore, this cannot be based on it." ” If I may interject, I don't think the two are actually related. Guiguitargz was making two points: 1. Ancient Astronaut theories are baseless. 2. There isn't enough evidence to say that BotW was inspired by the Ancient Astronaut theory. Point 1 was technically unnecessary since no one here is claiming that Ancient Astronaut theories are right, but I guess Guiguitargs thoug…

• Quote from Nonoctoro: “It's possible that the Zoras were also affected by this Ice Age and had to move and find a new place for their Domain, which was already occuped by the Lizalfos. ” Sorry for the late reply. I thought of something similar with Floria -- that the Zoras might have been moving from there to Lanayru when the lizalfos battle occurred -- but I have trouble reconciling that with CaC's timeline. The Lizalfos-Zora battle happens in the Age of Myth, which also features the events of …

• Zelda Headcanons

I almost prefer the invisible walls, just because it looks more realistic despite being massively disappointing. But yeah, I headcanon the giant chasm away, too, except for the details in the northeast corner that are actually kind of interesting. I also headcanon away some of the southern sea beneath Gerudo Desert, because it really feels like the desert should be bigger than what we see in-game.

• Zelda: Is it for old people?

Evran_Speer - - General Zelda

Okay, that line of discussion is officially over. Don't bring it back. The rest of the thread may now resume.

• I think that was one of the better sidequests. It really feels like a mission. I recently discovered that the balloon octorocks that hold those floating rafts will rise in response to Link's whistle. It's especially cool if you do with a bokoblin mask on.

• Quote from gamtos: “Why does every theorist create videos as if their viewers have never played the game's source material? ” I think it's about target audience in some cases. Matpat makes theories about numerous games and large segments of his audience are likely to be unfamiliar with any particular game that he talks about. I watched some of his Five Nights at Freddy's videos despite never having played those games. And even when someone has played a game, especially one as old as OoT is, they…

• I've always assumed that the "pointy ears let them hear the voices of the gods" thing was just an urban legend, probably born by the coincidental occurrence of pointed ears and strong association with the Goddess Hylia.

• Zelda: Is it for old people?

Evran_Speer - - General Zelda

Right, I'm locking this thread for now. I'll be back in a few hours for further mod action if necessary.

• I see a few possibilities: 1. They are descended from Skyloftians 2. They are descended from human survivors on the Surface 3. They descended from other humans in the Sky Honestly, they could all be true. There have to humans somewhere other than Skyloft, since Sheikah exist both before and after SS. I could see that being either other sky islands (with the lumpy pumpkin, we know that there's at least one beside Skyloft with full-time residents) or some hidden village on the Surface that we just…

• The Divine Beasts are conflated with gods. It's in the name, but there are even a few examples of people saying it: Quote from Lashley: “That's the Divine Beast Vah Naboris. They say it used to be a god who protected this area ” There's also talk of "appeasing" the Divine Beasts where we would probably say "hacking." I got an Ancient Astronauts vibe from some of it, too, though I don't know whether that's a matter of inspiration or just similarity. That being said, the setting in broad strokes i…

• Zelda Headcanons

That might help explain why Midna's Helmet gives you Guardian Resist in BotW. Of all the DLC outfits, that one's always made the least sense to me.

• I'd like to point out that what I mean by "more open" isn't full-on open world. I imagine something more along the lines of OoT, where you have access to some areas before you're "supposed" to be there and the order of dungeons and sidequests isn't entirely fixed.

• Quote from Guiguitargz: “I'm not even sure that we can say that humans are: 1) The most socially active compared to Goron, Parella, Mogma 2) Technologically advenced compared to Ancient Robots. ” That's true. Even if she was angling to preserve civilization at all costs, there have to be other factors at play (like the ones I mentioned before or just Hylia showing favoritism). Quote: “The effective outcome is saying little about the intentions.It is better to be wrong for right reasons, than bei…

• Quote from Miles: “Am I wrong for wanting the game to be a little more open-ended this time? I know there are story reasons for why we go to each place in a particular order, especially the Face Shrine, but I think the truth of Koholint's nature should be revealed after you clear all eight main dungeons anyway, to make it more of a punch. ” I was thinking something similar. I do agree with the couple of people above that the dream reveal is pretty good where it is -- with enough time beforehand …

• Saving the humans instead of the other races because they're the most socially active and technologically advanced does make sense in a heartless sort of way, but it also doesn't Hylia in the best light. Quote from Guiguitargz: “Yep, so it is dramatic if Humans perrish ... but Kikwis and co can die ” To be fair, though, the Kikwis did survive. The only race that died out on the Surface is the Ancient Robots, and that seems to have more to do with desertification than war. If the "remaining human…

• The Big Theory Q&A

The only thing that makes a Ganondorf resurrection in the AT seem more likely is that he turned into stone. If someone pulls the Master Sword out, maybe they could infuse him with Force (or maybe Malice) and reanimate him. But whether that will ever happen remains to be seen.

• Link's Awakening is a fairly short game, and once you take out screen transitions in the overworld, and use more than two buttons (so less pausing to switch items) it'll be even shorter. Adding some sort of content is fairly important to make this a worthwhile purchase. Hopefully, that will include all the DX content, and some kind of Second Quest/Hero Mode to make it worth playing twice. I wouldn't mind more on top of that, but that's all I'm willing to hope for. Oh, and the art style is fine. …

• I was dueling a lynel on the northern slopes of Death Mountain, when I was surprised by Dinraal flying low overhead. I hadn't gotten to the Spring of Power yet in this game, so I was eager to get a scale. I fired off an arrow or two during the battle, but I couldn't get a good shot while also avoiding the lynel's attacks. Fortunately, the battle was already nearly over, and I managed to finish off the lynel fairly quickly. Calling my horse, Phantom, I jumped into the saddle and we rushed after D…

• I sort of agree with you where you Royal family is concerned, but not so much Hylia. Sending only the humans skyward was probably a complicated decision that doesn't necessarily come down to saving the people she cared about the most. There are good reasons not to send the Parella to a place where transportation is dependent on riding giant birds. Also, while the Triforce was relatively safe in the sky, Ghirahim did reach above the clouds with a tornado to interfere with Hylia's plans. It makes …

• Hyrule Warriors would have been a perfect game to use a team of heroes instead of just Link. I guess it kind of did, but it still emphasized Link and isn't canon anyway. Hyrule Warriors could have been so much better.

• Zonai/Lomei Megathread

Which one is that? The one outside the Hebra Leviathan?

• Quote from Nitro Indigo: “(I once saw someone claim that spirits deconfirm fighters. Is this true?) ” As far as I know, it hasn't been confirmed or denied by anyone who would know.

• Quote from History of the Zora Part 3: “Our scholars say that in the distant past, Zora's Domain had a king with no special talent for the art of war. What he lacked in skill with a blade he made up for in love for his people, and especially love for his queen. One day, news reached the king of a horde of monsters gathering in the Zodobon Highlands. The king steeled himself for war to protect his people, but the queen knew how ill suited for the task he was. ” CaC has this event taking place bef…

• Zonai/Lomei Megathread

I have a hard time seeing the Zonai as Sheikah. We have a large sample of Sheikah architecture from that era -- the shrines and towers, and potentially the Forgotten Temple -- and we can extrapolate from the similarities in Yiga and Kakarikoan architecture back to their shared original culture. The only thing I see that lines up well is the use of animal statues in general -- the Zonai have dragons, owls, and boars, of course, Kakariko has some frog statues, and the area outside the Yiga base al…

• Not just an unimportant side character in a Zelda game who also appears in another game that no one knows, but also my favorite character from Link's Awakening and also the star of a theory of which I'm rather fond. In other words, I'm biased here. (I'd take Skull Kid and maybe Impa over Richard, too, but Ganon is already a fighter and a boss. He's one of my last choices for a Zelda newcomer.)