Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-7 of 7.
  • Gender v. Pronouns

AsterBTT - - Zelda Wiki

Quote from Chuck: “It took longer than expected as we were seeking the most optimal way to reach a consensus for this and future policy discussions. ” Good to hear. One of the larger controversies here was how the polling was handled, and from an (admittedly limited) outside-looking-in perspective, it seemed like a change made without a lot of discourse. Having a genuine policy for deciding major changes to the wiki, among the team, is a definite positive for you guys moving forward.

• Gender v. Pronouns

AsterBTT - - Zelda Wiki

That's a disappointing and self-serving assumption. Loathe as I am to repeat myself, try to remember that these are people too. Likely, adults or students with lives to live and priorities outside of the wiki, which in all likelihood is a hobby for most of them. It's probably difficult to get the group together in even a majority to hash something this impactful out, and maybe a single conversation isn't enough to find a proper course of action, despite all the suggestions made here. I understan…

• Gender v. Pronouns

AsterBTT - - Zelda Wiki

Quote from Tony: “Considering that this is precisely how things were before, I don't think it's as revolutionary of an idea as you're trying to sell it. ” Not a revolutionary idea perhaps, but an idea worth returning to, considering the flaws in the current system, and outcry to return to the system of old that the Scot suggests. Quote from Tony: “However, I have to say that some of the solutions and opinions put forward are based around false information and assumptions into the nature of this …

• Gender v. Pronouns

AsterBTT - - Zelda Wiki

I didn't expect the quick response, so thanks to Ty and Cody. Again, the turnaround here has been pretty quick, so I didn't want to sound impatient, but I also don't want this to just fade into obscurity without some form of conclusion. Not to compare to other wikis, but at a quick glance a lot of the ones that I also use seem to not even use a Gender box. I remember that idea being brought up earlier as well, simply not having one. Considering that Gender lacks importance in the Zelda franchise…

• Gender v. Pronouns

AsterBTT - - Zelda Wiki

I continued to have faith, as those tagged as members of the "Wiki Team" responded and continued to contribute to the conversation. However, Tony has remained entirely silent and devoid of involvement in the proceeding discussions since the end of July, and while we've certainly discussed ideas, the various calls to action appear to have fallen on deaf ears. I know that the conversations here have occurred quickly, and I don't want to seem impatient. After all, it's only been four days since my …

• Gender v. Pronouns

AsterBTT - - Zelda Wiki

I'm in complete agreement with SnorlaxMonster regarding the topic of motivations. As far as I'm concerned, the motivation Tony had for suggesting the change was communicated clear as day in the original topic; an attempt to be clear and accurate regarding the character's identities. Anything beyond that is not only blind assumptions, but ultimately doesn't contribute to the conversation. I am heavily in favour of Izagar's suggestion to use Gender where it's known, and Pronouns where applicable, …

• Gender v. Pronouns

AsterBTT - - Zelda Wiki

As a frequent user of the Zelda Wiki, I too would like to voice some concerns over these changes. First of all, if these changes have been made in an attempt to accurately define characters by the gender they identify as, then already the presumptions and inaccuracies Tony wished to avoid have been committed. As has been previously mentioned somewhere in the two topics in which this change has been addressed, Fi is entirely genderless. By defining her in the infobox as "she", while accurate to t…