Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-15 of 15.
  • Quote from Tony: “Your userpage can be deleted, but not your account. ” ... Is swearing allowed on this forum? Because I wanna drop a [BLEEP]ing F-bomb.

• Uh... huh... But, is it possible to delete my Zelda Wiki account without having to create a Gamepedia Account?

• So, I was never the most active member on Zelda Universe or the Zelda Wiki. And the only reson I got accounts to these sites were to protest "certain changes that de-legitimised it as a Wiki". The only other time after that was to learn about the fate of the fangame page. Since then, I considered deleting the accounts I had. But then I found out the Zelda Wiki switched to Gamepedia, and you have to log in via Gamepedia now. What happened to the Old Zelda Wiki accounts? Were they all destroyed? K…

• Quote from Tony: “After long deliberation among the staff with historical consideration of the quality, security and upkeep of the fan-game pages, it was decided that the best course of action would be to purge them from the Wiki and that further fan-game pages would be prohibited. I'm not personally familiar with this "Shadowgazer" project, but I can confirm that if the information was in an article about a fan-game, it has since been removed. ” Dang. I was gonna reread it to find if there was …

• I remember there being a page on fangames. I remember because this is how I learned about the Shadowgazer fan project. I can no longer find the page, and I wonder if the page was deleted.

• Gender v. Pronouns

ScottishDrunkard - - Zelda Wiki

Quote from Chuck: “Just in case you haven't noticed yet, during last week's meeting it was finally decided to go back to the old gender policy. It took longer than expected as we were seeking the most optimal way to reach a consensus for this and future policy discussions. Thanks for your patience. ” So, back to bsuiness as usual? Well, I best be off then. Back to the swamps from whenst I came. I'll inform /r/zelda on Reddit that things have reverted back to normal, and we can get on with our li…

• Gender v. Pronouns

Quote from TheMorriganZW: “You keep talking about making a poll, but so far you've shown that you only want your way. ” Well, everybody wants things done "their way", that's why people make compromises to find a way to satisfy both parties. Or if need be, satisfy no party, and everyone goes home unhappy.

• Gender v. Pronouns

Quote from Cody: “There should be another update on it soon. ” That could literally mean anywhere from tomorrow, to the realease date of Half-Life 3. Sorry for being really impatient, but I never expected this whole debacle to last this long, I expected about a week of "lemme just PM all the staff, with a strawpoll of EVERY option we have, to satisfy as many people as possible". ... Sorry, I'm just tired and want this whole thing sorted, juat so I can see one of the best Wikis I've seen not cont…

• Gender v. Pronouns

Quote from Tony: “Considering that this is precisely how things were before, I don't think it's as revolutionary of an idea as you're trying to sell it. ” I have no isea what you mean by that, but okay. Quote from Tony: “I forgot to mention that the staff are indeed going to privately deliberate over this policy. ” Good, but I hope it doesn't take to long. I become... irritable while waiting. I hope you resolve this soon. Quote from Tony: “However, I have to say that some of the solutions and op…

• Gender v. Pronouns

So, I've just been twidling my thumbs, waiting, and then it hit me. We don't wven need pronoun boxes, but still incorporate them into pages where deemed necessary? I'm unsure if someone already thought of this, but hear me out. On pages we'd have Fi Gender: None (uses Female pronouns) Sheik Gender: Female (disguised as male) Link Gender: Male Brackets people, we don't even need pronoun boxes if we are going to only use them if deemend necessary, we could just tack them onto brackets in the gende…

• Gender v. Pronouns

It's been roughly 5 days since any discussion. At what point do we declare the thread, and in turn all of the gender politics we've been discussing the past weeks, dead?

• Gender v. Pronouns

The thread's getting more and more quiet? It makes me worry that all of our requests, statements, criticisms and suggestions will fall on daf ears (if I'm using that saying right) I'm really hoping that the reason there hasn't staff feedback is that they are busy deciding amongst themselves on how to put this issue to rest.

• Gender v. Pronouns

I think the "Gender where known, Pronouns when applicable" works as a satisfying compromise for everyone. Pronouns for certain gender ambiguous characters (Fi) while everyone else gets their correct genders... ... I think now would be a good time for feedback by staff. I haven't seen them for a few pages.

• Gender v. Pronouns

Quote from Zeldan: “ScottishDrunkard I agree with what you're saying but I think it's a better idea to leave the details on Fi's page in under the design or trivia headings. SnorlaxMonsters post on the old version of Sheiks page (Sheik - Zelda Wiki) is a great example. When it says "Female (disguised as male)" that clears up any and all confusion immediately. ” Eh, whatever floats your boat. Both of our views work, both probably won't [CENSORED] off everyone.

• Gender v. Pronouns

Made an account so I can contribute in some manner. Pronouns would only be useful for a MINORITY of characters. Not like "the gay population of America" minority, because that is pretty large, I'm talking about 5 out of a 1000 sized minority. Yes, for characters such as Fi whose gender is ambiguous, it might be a good idea to go along the route of pronouns, but not from the other 98% of Zelda characters such as Rurau, or that one Goron shopkeeper as they are male, and NOTHING disputes it otherwi…