Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 105.
  • I imagine that Zelda's acts towards rebuilding the Kingdom of Hyrule would be motivated less out of a sense of authority or right to rule, but rather a desire to help others and unite people. Hylians may very well come to follow her out of respect, awe and gratitude for the work she does. Working on the divine beasts and researching Shiekah tech to reverse engineer it as Robbie has to make peoples lives easier is one example, but there is also the matter of her divine power having awakened too. …

• Zelda Geography

Nintendude1236 - - Theorizing

Quote from Evran_Speer: “One of the npcs along Dinraal's path in the north says that you need the blessing of Hylia to see them. From my experience, they also can't be seen before you leave the Great Plateau -- before you talk to a Goddess Statue for the first time. There's also a couple npcs (like Totsuna near Lakeside Stable) who will talk about dragons like beings of legends when they are plainly visible (to us) directly overhead. Link can also see Koroks (who are surprised that he can see th…

• Zelda Geography

Quote from Evran_Speer: “I believe BotW pretty strongly implies that the dragons reshape the land and, since their invisible, may well have done so throughout all Zelda games without being noticed. The villains probably have an effect, too; at least freezing large regions seems to be a common tactic, and that would have to long-term consequences. ” Invisible? Where does it say they possess this ability? I must have missed that.

• Zelda Geography

Although I've long supported the northern migration theory and enjoy rotating maps to better orient them with one another, Kokiri Kid's map is quite compelling. One issue I see with this more literal but "stretched-out" approach, however, is that Lon Lon Ranch would be closer to both castle town and Hyrule Castle then the Temple of Time. One explanation for this I'd propose is that the original Lon Lon Ranch would occupy a (possibly smaller) space somewhere on the Great Plateau, and that whateve…

• I've long supported theories pertaining to the FD's possible identity as a moon god, having a role during the Demon war. As for Aonuma's quote, I don't think it specifically contradicts such theories. On the contrary, it would fit with the information given by the gossip stone in game; that it holds the "merits of all happy masks". Just as the FD may have once been the champion to Hylia, by earning all the happy masks which hold the hopes and memories and emotions of the people of Termina, Link …

• Zelda Headcanons

Yiga headcanon: When Dark Beast Ganon appeared in Hyrule, every single Yiga agent watched on from afar, and thought to themselves..."This...was a bad idea."

• Zelda Headcanons

Ghirahim survives the fall of his master Demise, accepting hope of resurrecting him is gone. However, he resolves the curse of Demise to be the final will of his master, which is tantamount to final orders to him, being the Demon King's servant. Ghirahim makes himself an agent and instrument of chaos, pulling the strings behind the scenes to manipulate the events of history, instigating wars and orchestrating plots to undermine the kingdom of Hyrule as revenge. The era of chaos following the fou…

• Quote from Ganon Vader: “- The Lorule version of The Wind Waker would involve a drought. - The Lorule version of OOT would be, "Ocarina of Space". - The Lorule version of SS would be, "Groundward Bow", and the big bad would be named, "Rise". - The Lorule version of ALTTP would have the geography of the Light and Dark worlds reversed. For example, the Light World would have the Swamp of Mystery and the Dark World would have the Desert of Evil. ” Pokemon Hyrule and Lorule version. Gen 8 is looking…

• The blood of the knighthood

I rather like the idea of the spirit of the Hero being independent from space time for the most part, free to reincarnate wherever is needed. It reminds me of the concept of Guardians from the fate franchise. Basic premise behind guardians: Heroic spirits that upon death are removed from the space time continuum so that they may be summoned to fight again in any era for any conflict that so requires them; even if this conflict takes place during their own former lifetime, or (judging by the spli…

• Bloodline of the hero has always been present within the bloodline of the Knights of Hyrule, in my mind. Where a direct relationship is possible, it is present. Otherwise, it is more distant as Ygris portrays.

• Jovani and the Gerudo Desert

Maybe Jovani sold his soul to the Goddess of Sand at one of her statues found within Arbiter's Grounds? Navi did mention that she had an "evil face" or something to that effect...or maybe he made a bargain with her for his wealth, but got too greedy and stole the lantern and was punished for it. If there was theft involved at all, it would make for a relevant theme, given the Gerudo people's history.

• If I recall correctly, FSA was originally supposed to be a game with a traditional story involving not only Ganon(dorf), but Zelda, the Triforce and the MS as well, very similar to aLttP, hence the similarities in sprites and overworld. But then Shigeru Miyamoto came in late during development and told them to do something different ("up ended the table" I believe the words Aonuma used to describe it were). The reason given there by Miyamoto? The same premise that governs the rest of the games i…

• The large, varied locations of the symbol suggests to me that it could be some loosely tied, or at least generally universal cultural symbol. Very general and universal, considering it appears across continents and in other worlds. Perhaps it is not a symbol for one specific race, but rather a symbol to communicate some sort of message or virtue (fortune, strength, protection, spirituality, etc)? For all we know, it's exact meaning might have changed in each occurrence. Alternatively, does anyon…

• Would Zelda really even have to convince her father about Ganondorf? The thing is, without Link to retrieve the Sacred Stones this time (barring the Kokiri Emerald) and play the Song of time before the Door of Time and draw the MS, then Ganondorf's attack on Hyrule Castle and attempt to break into the Sacred Realm would be a failure. Zelda would still escape with Impa, and there would be no room for doubting Zelda anymore. Ganondorf would be named public enemy #1, and it would just be a matter o…

• Zelda Headcanons

Quote from logicalpencils: “I mean, I just think that by the time Bellum was killed by the Phantom Sword, Demise's hatred had become one with the sands that he had stolen. That got absorbed into the Phantom Sword... but then when Link and Tetra returned to their world, the sword and the Sands were completely missing, leaving only an empty Phantom Hourglass... Since ST essentially takes place in a different dimension, the Spirits of Good are the Hylia of this universe, and Malladus is Demise. ” S…

• Zelda Headcanons

Quote from Evran_Speer: “The talk in the non-Zelda love interests for Link thread reminded me of a small theory I read once, and which I think I have accepted as headcanon: In Majora's Mask, Cremia is in love with Anju, not Kafei. (Hidden Content)” (Hidden Content)

• Are we forgetting the guardians can drop ancient parts known as ancient cores and giant ancient cores? Item description: "This crystal was made using lost technology. At one time it was the power source for ancient machines. This item is very valuable to researchers." That could point to timeshift stones, or perhaps crystalised force. Bearing that in mind, I wonder...what of the many crystal switches encountered throughout the series? Those in the 3D console games in particular light up a simila…

• Hyrule's geography

The artwork posted by Pavlova may not be exact canon, but I get the feeling if maybe we can identify some of the more vague looking landmarks we might gain some insight? Also, perhaps a translation of the Hylian text would be useful as well.

• Quote from Violetlight: “So if the Goddesses are Chozo, does that mean the Metroid series is the Zelda series' distant past? Samus Aran, ancestor of the Hero of Time! *Waiting for it to be confirmed in Metroid Prime 4 or Samus' Return ” ...Would that mean the Power Suit is stowed somewhere in the Light World for Link to find?

• @Ymcan64 first off since you appear to be new, welcome to the forums!!! As for your theory itself, that is a really nice find! I always thought some of the tombstones in Hyrule Castle courtyard were a bit fishy, but I never thought to translate them! Great job!

• The aLttP manual does state the golden goddesses descended from "a distant nebula"...

• Zelda Headcanons

Quote from Linkle: “Oh God...I have two many headcanons and too many weird ones that no one on Earth would want to hear to post them in here. ” Yep, that's Zelda theory for you. Go on; pick one you've been thinking of recently and share!

• Zelda Headcanons

Quote from Setras: “Quote from Nintendude1236: “If I understand your statement here correctly, you claim Zelda and Link to be the progenitors of the Hylians? If so, I would beg to differ; the majority (if not all) of Skyloft appears to be Hylian, judging by their pointed ears. Looking at it now, humans very much seem to be a minority race in the series... ” HH, pg. 77: "The Hylians, descendants of Hylia, lived in Hyrule and possessed magical abilities. […] The descendants of the goddess Hylia, w…

• Zelda Headcanons

Quote from Setras: “It should be noted that SS Zelda was the matriarch of the Hylians, while SS Link was presumably the father of her children. Thus, all Hylians, and so all Links thus far, have the blood of a Master Sword wielder and fulfill that prerequisite. ” If I understand your statement here correctly, you claim Zelda and Link to be the progenitors of the Hylians? If so, I would beg to differ; the majority (if not all) of Skyloft appears to be Hylian, judging by their pointed ears. Lookin…

• Quote from Octorocker: “So I take it the claim is that: 1 Link returns from the AT with the ToC, causing the Triforce split and inheritance mentioned in TP. 2. Instead of warning Zelda (as in OoT) he decides to challenge Ganondorf and fails. 3. Ganondorf already has ToP, claims the ToC from Link, and then takes the ToW from Zelda. 4. The Ancient Sages (or some other non-OoT Sages) conduct the Imprisoning War. I actually don't see any obvious flaws here, other than it's strange that the presumabl…

• Hyrule's geography

So after taking another look at the BoTW map and the Great Plateau's placement relative to some mountains, lakes and rivers and forests, and noticing (somewhat spoilerifically) Spectacle Rock (usually associated with Death Mountain) placed in the southwest near Gerudo Desert, I've come to the conclusion... that everything is a lie and I am hopelessly confused

• Hyrule's geography

I meant to finish BotW before I started posting theories regarding it, but seeing as I'm pretty far in (though I'm hoping to take my first trip to Eldin tonight, and still haven't visited Faron or Gerudo) and this thread is safe as far as spoilers go... Has anyone noticed the Crenel Hills NW of Lanayru Wetlands and Veiled Falls near Zoras domain? Do you think they would be Mt. Crenel and Veil Falls from MC, meaning most of that game would take place in Lanayru?

• Zelda Headcanons

Quote from gamtos: “^ They rule the Demon Realm, they rule over demons, they have a title of "king". That's geography, servants and title. Right, my headcanons. - The horse Link rides in Breath of the Wild trailers is not a reincarnation, but a descendant of Epona. The same goes for Impa and Impaz, Gondo and Gonzo and Alfonzo, Rauru and Gaepora, King Gustaf and King Daphnes and King Rhoam, etc. They're not reincarnations like Beedle and Tingle, but just similar-looking (great-...) grandchildren,…

• When I discovered the wonderful world of Zelda theories in 2012. Shortly after Skyward Sword, a bit before Hyrule Historia, when timeline theories were still necessary (before they became necessary again with BotW). Two years and countless hours spent on researching the lore and games later, I got tired of simply lurking and joined to make my own contributions!

• Demise and the Dark Realm

Foreword: The following is a rough draft of a theory I started but never really finished or posted back in 2014. I've tried to clean it up a bit, but I'll apologise in advance for any unprofessionalism, spelling or grammar errors, or incoherency. As much as I'd like to finish this theory (you might notice there is less reference to "Divinity" than there is "Chaos"), the train of thought whilst writing it I had is long gone, though I still feel this theory holds some weight. Demise OfChaos and Di…

• Zelda Headcanons

Despite coming to terms with many of his inner demons in MM, the HoT still lived a fairly troubled and lonely life thereafter. Haunted by the events of his two adventures, he felt a sense of disbelonging in Hyrule and the many foreign lands he travelled to whilst honing his skill with a blade and partaking in many more adventures. He made a difference in the lives of many that he met, yet never stayed long enough to witness the full extent of his actions and the good that he brought.

• Just dropping by from a long period of inactivity, didn't even know about HE until today and...oh boy. Just have to say, glad I'm not the only who is deeply conflicted over the MM content in it. The only good implication I can glean from it being a fabricated world of Skull Kid's is that it would effectively deal a killing blow to GameTheory's Link is Dead theory. Ultimately, I'm just going take HE with a grain- nay, a bucket of a salt, go cherry picking, and as far as MM goes, stick to my Hylia…

• Quote from Octorocker: “I'm going to pin the BotW Link as 17.5 years old, the same age as SS Link. ” You mean 117.5 years. It might not show, but all that time during his slumber still counts :p

• I'll through in my two cents: LoruleanHistorian wrote: Quote from LoruleanHistorian: “Alternatively, if in the moment of Link’s nightmare — when he faces Ganondorf before the gates of the Castle Town — he was killed by that dark magic…? Then Ganondorf would have obtained the three jewels, and found the Ocarina in the moat where Zelda threw it: his evil schemes would have led him to the Temple of Time, and caused the Downfall of Hyrule, leading to the stories told in A Link to the Past, A Link Be…

• Hyrule's geography

Quote from The Baton of the Wind: “Since all the maps have a compass rose, no map can be rotated just to make it fit.On the contrary most maps have something on common: Death Mountain. Another common location, of course, is the Master Sword since HH confirms sits in the same spot all time. For example, how TP & SS overlap plRhT6s.jpg ” You say that, but I see no compass rose in any officially made Skyward Sword overworld map from in game, nor do I see one in alttp. Therefore, it is possible that…

• As has been stated previously, I have to agree that I don't think Lorule is truly meant to show a negative version, opposite, inversion or corruption of Hyrule. Yes, we have a few examples of some less savoury counterparts in Lorule, but that could very well be a result of the doomed world they are forced to live in. An argument of nurture over nature there, so to speak. As for the Lorule's Triforce, I too find it unlikely that a deity would create a universe based on vices, instead of virtues. …

• Bit unrelated, but I always found the plot of AoL to be a bit redundant... we literally just saved a princess the previous game; What's wrong with this one that she can't rule? Why is there a need to go rescue a second princess that's already been out of action for Goddesses knows how long? The only tangible benefit to the quest is reassembling the Triforce, and with Ganon's minions hunting Link to resurrect Ganon, by undertaking this quest, doesn't that put Hyrule in more danger than it would h…

• The Great Deku Tree is a liar

Although I technically agree, I'm going to play Demise's advocate here just for the heck. The Forest Temple is within the boundaries of the forest still, so Saria would be safe there. Also, as a sage, the her power could have protected her outside the forest, as well as the Chamber of Sages, given the nature of the realm itself. As for the rest of the Kokiri seen during the credits, I'd say an argument could be made over how canon that scene is. (Probably is).

• Small timeline theory

A small thought occurred to me. How significant it is I'm not quite sure, but... The Pedestal of Time. The resting place of the Master Sword, first seen in SS, but late in the game, only when the Sword is placed there in the past after defeating Demise. Link goes back to the present, and there it is still, sword and all, but where did this pedestal come from in the first place? The first time we get to take a good look at the room where crystallized Zelda (to be) is placed, the pedestal as far a…

• I think this thread more belongs in the "Future Zelda" section. Someone care to move it?