Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • Pretty frustrating game not gonna lie lol, town was pretty insistent on punishing activity. I didn't anticipate that mafia would have a redirector, though, but we should have been able to figure that out. Maybe 48 hour days would have helped, I'm not sure. Thanks for the game, though, everyone, and good job GMing @goronmario

• Quote: “ What prompted that switch? ” I've been the most important town player, and semitrust the people who ask very direct questions. But the ones who kind of stoke uncertainty about me from the side? It seems more opportunistic than earnest. That's what Mordred did, and that's why I scumread you and Zoraluigi, though zoraluigi more. I'm town and don't want to die, so I'll easily switch to zoraluigi instead if a wagon forms, because he's my other scumread

• Quote from RealmWings: “ Zooks, a revenge vote doesn't help anyone ” hah, you're defending your buddy, huh? Very reflexive. Why worry about the guy voting for someone with 3 when there's someone with 5 on the table and no time left to switch?

• Biggles might be maf, too, but I'm not sure. [unvote] RealmWings [/unvote] [vote] Zoraluigi[/vote]

• I think it's a custom role. I reflexively block every action aimed at me (with kills being the exception). The second power is that on day 3+ if I win an encounter role, I'll be GM confirmed as town. Korokpeach was barbarian not fighter. A lot of these roles have alternative names to fit dnd classes

• Wait you guys are really voting me off lol? [vote] RealmWings [/vote] I scumread zoraluigi, realm townread fin I can die by kill actions (like a mafia kill), but obviously I'm going to bluff so mafia doesn't kill me, and I get confirmed when we win an encounter. That's why I've been so insistent on solving the encounter system Town is playing really bad, maf deserve the win, but good luck town, tried my best to be the most pro-town person playing, we always kill the talkers for w/e reason and le…

• @Biggles: I am a fighter.

• Urgent: In case the motivator read the above post and didn't follow my reasoning, I thought I should be more explicit to you, whoever you are. As I understand your ability from the wiki, if someone is motivated one night, it's the -following- night that they'll get two actions, e.g. if you use the motivation on night 2, they get the benefit night 3. Presumably, then, they would learn of their extra action on night 3. Given, however, that I learned of this after night 2, it should verify that I h…

• Quote from Biggles: “ I'm awaiting a response from The Table regarding where this proof of character is that we were promised. ” (You may have missed it, but I clarified the specifics on my role: If I win an encounter roll on day 3+ (it wasn't clear to me whether the roll today could have counted, or whether it would start tomorrow, but we won't know regardless), my alignment will be confirmed town by the GM. As to whether the role is OP: There are frequently overpowered roles in these mafia gam…

• (oh what the hell lmao, my b)

• (Just got home from a long series of flights. I hope to look through the thread and maybe acquire some scum reads tomorrow. I'm not surprised by Mordred, I had a small scum read. Same with Realm and GregariousTree. Unsure about Biggles. After a short reread, I missed your post @korokpeach. I had hoped after gerudoyoshi's claim that we could get a switch onto either Realm or Fin; I actually had a post get cut off by the thread ending. I had tried to coordinate something (in fact I'm the only one …

• It happens. I'm glad he's doing better! I'll be missing start of day today; I'm flying until later tonight.

• (I'm sending in the number 4. [unvote] GuardianFIN [/unvote] [vote] Monika [/vote] It'd be great if we could hear from you Monika, and what you got on your pillow.)

• (Also, Gazooks, who did you protect last night? And Monika, your power is one-shot, right? And what did you receive for your inspiration?)

• (Two pure doctors is unlikely, no? I think that makes this the time to counter claim if we have another doctor. Edit: It's the time for a counterclaim because I townread Monika, but will value vote her over the doctor. As well, if anyone has something that can nullify Monika's role, it might be a good chance. @Monika What is your view on this claim, and what town should do moving forward?)

• (@Dr.Gazooks We need to know your abilities.)

• (@Monika Just don't roll against town. @korokpeach I await your answer about your roll [vote] GuardianFIN [/vote] @Mordred Do you have thoughts on anything apart from me-related things? @town Those of you who aren't saying enough know who you are.)

• No pillow talk was intended. As a man of God, I am eternally loyal to my beautiful wife. But I have heard rumor that something interesting was found atop your pillow in the night. Would you like to share? (Regarding the encounter rolls: It is objectively best for the town to cooperate unanimously on their rolls. It is by definition anti-town to roll against town. If we unite, we have the power to even enforce that everyone acts pro-town. Thus it is best for us to unite. This should be a simple t…

• (That our chance of victory by all choosing the same number is 25% comes from the simple fact that a random number has a 5/20 chance of being in the selected interval (so say we pick the number 4. Then we get a victory if and only if the GM picks 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, which is a 5/20=1/4 chance.) That it's 10% if we all choose randomly comes from a simple statistical model I implemented in Python and posted the code above ^_^) Edit: My silver haired madam (Monika), I am very interested in what you foun…

• (I see, I made it a tag system so that it would be easily searchable later. I edited it to <sign> </sign>. No, we should all vote for the exact same number. Last night I chose arbitrarily 19, so everybody should follow suit and choose 19. If somehow anyone gets the power to roll multiple times, or something like that, they should inform us. To explain: If everybody chooses randomly, we have about a 10% chance of one fourth of us getting a bonus (and a 90% chance of nobody gettiing a bonus and 3/…

• (That's cool @zoraluigi. If everybody agrees with my reasoning, that it is objectively best for town to vote as a unanimous block. Note that we learn who received the bonuses, e.g. we know that last night, zoraluigi and korokpeach did not roll with the town. This gives us some power to actually police the rolls. Not rolling with the town is, in an essential way, anti-town. Thus I propose the following policy: <policy> Roll With the Town: Those who sign this policy agree to vote to lynch anyone w…

• Also, last night somebody attempted to enter my tent. An evil magician attempted to cast a seal-breaking and immobilizing spell upon me (roleblock), but it was prevented. It is conceivable that these evildoers attempted to defeat my lock and kill me, and I was saved by Venali (that is, a role block, then kill, which was stopped by Romano). I do not believe that the magic works like this, however. I believe that any attempt to block my power would fail on account of my lock, and that the afforeme…

• (Yeah I had written a response, but a half minute before I posted the thread closed. It is confusing looking because it didn't format right. Assuming that we want to both avoid the penalty of 60% failing as much as possible, and want to win the encounters as much as possible, then everybody cooperating is objectively best, by far, going from a 10% chance of about a fourth of us getting a bonus (and 90% chance of three fourths of us getting a negative effect,) to a 25% chance of all of us getting…

• OoT speedrunning

theunabletable - - Classic Zelda

I'm not aware of anything like this for OoT, although there is a coop Mario 64. Here's a speedrun of it! youtube.com/watch?v=1WNHlfhpcfQ

• Kutter, you are a tracker? If you are fast to explain, we may well be able to change direction, and prevent an unjust killing!

• (To reiterate, a random choice has a 1/4 chance of being in the interval selected by the GM. So if we as a town all decide to pick the same number, there's a 1/4 chance that that number is in the selected interval. Mafia -cannot- interfere with this, as mafia cannot account for 60% of the playerbase. So we go from a 3% (or 10%) chance of 1/4th of town getting some bonus, to a 25% chance of the entire town receiving a bonus, a HUGE difference. It is objectively best for us to cooperate. I will be…

• (Also I wrote some thoughts on how to deal with the encounter system: DnD Mafia: Day 1 - A quest! I just want to make sure no one missed it. This is concerning our strategy as a town in dealing with encounters. I wrote a short python program to model how often we would fail, with random choosing of rolls. Suppose the GM picks the number 3, meaning that 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 are successes. If 60% of people picked something 6 or greater, no one would get any benefit. 60% of 14 is 8.4. Assuming that this r…

• Quote from gerudoyoshi: “ if you intentionally play poorly because it's what your character would do instead of finding reasons to justify pro-town play, then you really are scum. ” (I don't think that it's unintentially playing poorly. Honestly, I can't evaluate the chance that any of you are mafia, day one. I am playing a strict RP mafia, however. That is, my decision-making is clear, upfront, and systematic. I think that there are good reasons, and I'll leave them out in the open as much as I…

• Quote: “To the untrained eye, yes, it would be reckless. I do not see it this way. ” Again, this is no response to my reasoning! I'm attempting, at least, to share concrete, abstract thought, but all you've done is, essentially, say "I disagree", without any input on why! (Out of character: To everybody who's asked questions about my role: It's really bad form to put unneeded pressure on the details of one's role in a game with unusual roles. There is often really good reason for them to abstain…

• If my reasoning is good, then it shouldn't look strange! Good strategy is how we will defeat this menace. My lock is impervious to damage and decay, it never ages. (Unlimited) (Also, we should be considering the "encounter" mechanic. If 60% of us fail, no one gets a bonus. But consider that each night, 15/20 rolls will fail. That is, 75% of rolls won't be in the required interval (I'm assuming that it includes the endpoints). Unless I'm mistaken, this seems to suggest that we should be cooperati…

• Quote from Mordred: “ It's been years since you last played, table. The metagame has changed, now everyone is overwhelmingly opposed to no lynching. ” (It was the exact same back then, and those who voted no lynch were frequently killed for no reason. I've never seen an actual mafia do an extended push for no lynch. Perhaps you have some counterevidence of recent games where this happened? Regardless, the metagame that I come from, the day-1 no lynch votes -never- came from mafia, because it was…

• Quote from zoraluigi: “ If they flip green, we look at who voted for them, who was most ruthless, and especially who hopped on the wagon without much discussion. ” (I played some seven games back in 2013-2015, and not once have I ever seen the vote numbers on day one be used for anything of substance later in the game. The first day is a literal shot in the dark, and no one who was involved in a day 1 bandwagon -ever- looks suspicious. Now in a normal game, this doesn't carry much risk. But in t…

• Quote: “ We will just start Day 2 down a member and no further ahead. You may argue that our power roles can give us some info. While not wrong, they also risk exposing themselves early and I do not see how that can help us. ” This is incoherent. They will expose themself when the time is right, and they have information. If we kill them before they can even utilize their role, then we have gained -nothing- by killing them. It would be entirely different if we were not such a talented group of p…

• Yes, indeed. Here is the census: 1. Realm - Aendul Eringoff 2. Lys/gerudoyoshi - Kutter 3. Monika - Monika 4. zoraluigi - Catrina 5. Mordred - Gunnfridr 6. Sabbo - William Notbill 7. GuardianFIN - Fin 8. Romano - Venali of Whitechurch 9. Biggles - Tyranus Thundersack 10. korokpeach - Tredap 11. Gazooks - Ar-Neferu 12. Cody - Sasha 13. unabletable - Sir Bill "the Table" "the Lucky" Galagher the Careful II 14. Gregarious - Druid Quagmire (Vote order: Sabbo votes Realmwings zoraluigi votes Napstabl…

• Twenty thousand gold and the scales of a dragon, then. I approve of your optimism!

• (A short, out of character post, because a lot of my meaning might be obscured by the excessive roleplay: We are in a 5/5 bastard rating, role madness game. Our greatest chance at winning is in the proper usage of our resources. In a standard game, the lynch is one of the only ways to acquire information, with the risk of killing a vanilla townie high, and a power role low. Here, we have so many powers that the usefulness of the lynch is diminished comparatively, and the risks are increased, bec…

• I count three among us who might like to see me dead. I do not mind, for I am a righteous man and I do not intend to die. Your questions are worthy. I shall address first a general mood expressed by some after I last spoke, and then I will consider what Tyranus "Biggles" Thundersack has said, as a representative of the more serious accusations against me. Several of you have asked, "What gives you, Sir Galagher, the right to dispense justice?" To this I say: These are the laws of this land. Murd…

• Put away the knife, fool. *I look to the crowd and shout* Henceforth I -will not stand- for violence within our camp. The penalty for murder is death, and such justice will be dispensed upon the murderer, or murderers, amongst us. There is no justice without order, and without justice, how are we any different from the evil we have witnessed thus far? *back to Kutter* As for your concerns, in due time a raven shall return from my king and confirm my authority. Again, Athriel is a full day away b…

• Ahh yes, of course, how silly of me. How can I ask for your names when I haven't given my own? I am Sir Bill "the Table" Galagher the Careful II, son of Galagher the Valiant. I have sent a raven back to Athriel and informed the king of our predicament. It is a great distance even by air. With some luck, in 2 days time, his documentation and official seal shall confirm my identity and status as a man of the law. Now I expect all of you to follow suit, post haste. Or else this will be a very slow …

• *I sit atop a regally bridled, brown horse, and I'm wearing a full set of dark armor, with a long green cape, emblazened with the sigil of the kingdom of Athriel. My horse drags behind a medium-sized wagon, covered by a grey tarp. Something large and lumpy lies beneath.* Listen, caravan, and yield! *I move to the front of the caravan and stop, forcing the group to slow to a halt.* I know none of you. I have been sent on a mission by my young king; he's an ambitious man with many enemies and he h…