Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • X-Dimension (2019) 2019-present Space opera Series Premise: X-Dimension is a space opera inspired by the likes of Stargate SG-1 and the Star Trek franchise. It centers around the diverse crew of the starship Rama (named after the title character from the Hindu epic Ramayana, which you should all read sometime because it's magical), which serves as both a diplomatic and a military vessel, as well as the protector of the extradimensional weapon of mass destruction codenamed the X-Dimension. It is …

• The Walker 2019-present Sci-fi Series Premise: This series follows up from a six-part miniseries of the same name that featured pervasive adult themes and content. (This series generally tones down the adult stuff, relatively speaking.) Taking no small amount of inspiration from my favorite real-world TV show, Doctor Who, The Walker stars Annym, a member of the humanoid Fabricwalker species who, like their brethren, must travel through spacetime, simply by Walking, every so often or else cease t…

• ^...The hell? lol

• What are you buying?

EzloSpirit - - General Chit-Chat

Quote from Lucid_Raven: “Just bought Super Mario Odyssey. Theres so much to do in this game. ” Have fun! It never ends! Speaking of Nintendo Switch, I just used the Amazon gift credit that my brother got me for my birthday last month to get a huge discount on a 400GB microSD for my Switch. I already have a 64GB card, but considering all of the amazing games on the eShop, which has really become like Steam in my eyes—lots of titles, including huge third-party and indie ones, plus actual, signific…

• CONGRATULATIONS! And good luck! I don't know if that's something you'll need luck for, but have some, anyway!

• Just be careful on Grindr. I used to go on there, and I left after I was going to meet someone, but he got super insecure about his appearance and when I shut him down because he was starting to act like my ex (whom I also met on that app lol) and explained that to him as politely as possible, he told me that he wished my ex had beaten the [expletive] out of me. I didn't go on for like 8 months after that. Then I met someone through it who I totally wanted to go out with, but circumstances preve…

• So the grad school I'm entering has an entire diversity and LGBT department, and their website is full of stuff about LGBTQ topics. I even requested a preferred-name change in about 3 minutes through an online form! And they have a student organization specifically about transgender! I think I like this school. Which would be nice, considering how little research I did about it outside of my core program before I applied lol.

• Thanks for the likes, folks! It's heart-warming to know that some of you enjoy my ideas! I finished mapping out the first season of a new series tonight, and I've already written about a third of the episode outlines. The Walker is a follow-up to an adult sci-fi miniseries that I imagined up last year that centered around Annym, who is one of my approved characters in ZU's RPG section, though I came up with the character in 2014 or so. I'll probably write up my miniseries ideas here, too, eventu…

• Need. Paycheck. Now. I could just pop it in on my Wii, but this truly looks like the definitive version of the game, and holy crap, it's gotta look amazing in 3D.

• JP, you are Best Turtle™, and we all enjoy your presence on ZU. Your position is a really, really hard one to be in, but we have faith that you will pull through. Your life matters; you matter! We're all here for you, man!

• Sanctuary of Souls 2012-2016 Paranormal Fantasy/Drama Series Premise: So I've gotten a lot of inspiration over the years from dreams, and Sanctuary of Souls is yet another one sourced from one, particularly one I had when I was 16. Sanctuary of Souls centers around a sort-of gateway/bridge facility at which the souls of (primarily) humans first arrive after death that assists in getting souls acclimated to the afterlife and transitions them into residing in one of an infinite number of "afterrea…

• Raven's Emporium & Shop

EzloSpirit - - Creative Corner

These are incredible!! It's so nice to see a new sig shop around here, too, because those have been in short supply, at least over the past year. Thanks for sharing your "skills of an artist"! (Yes, that's a Strong Bad reference.)

• ^Just looked that up. Yikes. I wonder if Greg Farshtey lied to me, if it was partially coincidental, or if the random-syllables technique is used for some but not all names. The more you know...!

• Quote from BackSet-Chan: “I didn't knownyou needed to be so qualified to be a librarian. ” These days, you need to have a master's degree. In fact, there are very few bachelor's degree programs in library science, even fewer of which are American Library Association-accredited. As a result, becoming a librarian now only entails about two years of school, since undergrad doesn't usually have anything to do with libraries lol. I'm getting my bachelor's in information systems. Quote from Kerest: “T…

• Realms Apart 2017-present Drama/Science Fantasy Series Premise: Realms Apart is the second TV series in Generation II of the Hybrids Saga, and is effectively a follow-up to Across the Barrier, featuring largely the same cast. However, instead of the Colony, the main characters now reside in a newly established kingdom modeled after the Spirit World Kingdom of Nocia—as foreshadowed in AtB Season 5 and portrayed at the very end of Lost World and in the first follow-up film, Hybrids: Kingdom. This …

• DST is almost as bad as time zones. Time zones are pure evil. I already mentioned this in Nayru, but I wanted to announce to more people that, after apparently being "erroneously denied" a couple weeks ago, today, I got notification that I have been accepted into the Master of Information program at Rutgers University starting in August! My dream to become a shushing librarian is finally within reach! I shall catalog all the things!

• ZU's Gallery of Pets

EzloSpirit - - Community Central

Kets is koot.

• New phrase: りょこうが きらい ですよ。(Ryokо̄ ga kirai desu yo.) "I dislike traveling." This is my thought process as I begin writing an essay about my "dream (overseas) vacation" for my Japanese class. Ugh... Anyway, I'll probably record a new lesson in a month or so, as things are pretty hectic in my life right now. I'm thinking of theming it as a continuation of introductions so you can say more about yourself than just basic A/S/L lol. The above phrase may become grammatically relevant...

• @BackSet-Chan, you could always go the Bionicle route and smash together some syllables that sound awesome together. That's not even a joke; about twelve years ago, I met the author of many of the Bionicle books, Greg Farshtey, and I asked how LEGO comes up with the words and names in that universe! That only works if you're trying to name something that isn't rooted in real life, though. I should totally name my child "Wattopekda."

• One reason I don't watch game theory videos: they often cause controversy. Another reason: there's almost always at least a minor flaw in logic. The last reason: they're fan theories, essentially just fan fiction that the video creators want to believe is canon. I'll take the developer's word at face value—even if it also has logical holes or contradictions, as the Zelda timeline does, for example; creating an elaborate fictional universe without inconsistencies is reeeeally hard, after all—but …

• Perpetual Motion 2018-present Action/Thriller Series Premise: Another dream-inspired series and the first action series I've devised in over a decade. Perpetual Motion follows the exploits of a trio of young mercenaries who complete complex missions with the assistance of electronically enhanced leg braces with shock absorbers (a la Chell's boots in the Portal games). The trio consists of two sisters of color and their white, male friend. I wanted to feature a more diverse set of leads because m…

• In case you missed the January/February Writing Contest results, @Ruki took the crown with her short, "Return to the Depths." At this point, I'm sufficiently scared by the contents of her imagination, but she still pumps out good work! Check it out here: (Hidden Content) Ruki has chosen the next prompt already, and it's super awesome. Unfortunately, you can't see it until the next contest. I'd like to start it soon, but that's probably not going to happen. So we'll just take off this month. I'm …

• What are you buying?

I enjoyed the ending a lot. Kind of ambiguous, but that's okay. It was interesting.

• What are you buying?

I took my friend to a Japanese/nerd shop in Princeton this evening, and I got a bottle of original Ramune, a flavor I've never had before, and I also got a kanji dictionary. The latter cost $25, which I kind of regret paying, but it should prove to be a valuable resource in my studies.

• Out of Time 2018-present Science fantasy/Drama Series Premise: Based on a set of dreams I had one night in 2017, this time-travel soap opera of sorts centers on Ophelia Rimes, a maid from the 19th century who discovers that she can travel through time at will and splits her daily life between her original century and the 21st, in which she has a husband and two boys. While it generally focuses on drama, it sometimes explores other genres like sci-fi and mystery, using time travel as a plot devic…

• Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn is now available for the 3DS! Who plans on getting it? I'll probably get it after my next paycheck. I'll probably put some of my Gold Points towards it, too. The original game is in my top 5 Wii games. And now you can share your Pad layout via StreetPass!

• What are you buying?

I'm not buying anything these days because I have limited funds that also need to go to grad school in the near future. However, for my birthday, my dad got me the highest-priority item on my Amazon wish list: Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - The Complete Series on DVD! DS9 is my favorite Trek series, and I recently got the urge to watch it again, but I hate how shows could just go away at any moment on streaming services, so I wanted to own the series myself. This box set has an ungodly 48 discs, t…

• The ZUCast 2018 Hub

OMG, senpai noticed us! Liah. we you!

• Flash Games as a kid

EzloSpirit - - General Gaming

Quote from Hazel: “The Ball Revamped games should be remastered and released on the switch. ” You're my new best friend. I used to follow Jmtb02 religiously. Almost all of his games are delightful. Especially the Ball Revamped series.

• The Zelda Universe Writing Contest, January/February 2019: RESULTS! I'm kinda late with this one, and I just got some bad news offline, so I'm going to make this on the shorter side. Sorry if you wanted some grand, sweeping reveal this time lol. Five people entered this time around, which is great! The prompt was "Hidden beneath the ocean," which most of the entrants took in some really dark directions lol. These months' winner is @Ruki, whose predictably grim story, "Return from the Depths," re…

• Sorry for the delay with getting the writing contest results out, folks. I had a rather busy weekend, dealing with the podcast release. I'll try to get those out this evening! I started to post outlines for my TV show concepts, and today I posted about After the Destruction, the concept upon which I based my most recent story, "Now and Then." If you enjoyed the latter and want to see where the story might have gone if continued, check this out!

• After the Destruction 2010-present Post-apocalyptic Sci-fi/Drama Series Premise: This original ensemble sci-fi drama centers around a rare human settlement on Earth five hundred years after a solar event razed the planet. Most episodes each also include a "B story" that reflects similar themes or content to the main plot. For the first three seasons, the B stories center around a child in the years leading up to the Destruction, while later seasons center around the main characters in a parallel…

• Across the Barrier 2011-2016 Fantasy/Drama Series Premise: Across the Barrier is part of The Hybrids Saga, a non-canon spin-off metaseries inspired by my Spirit World Saga fantasy metaseries. In The Hybrids Saga, Spirits have split their Souls in order to cross over the Barrier and be born as Spirit-Human Hybrids, retaining a lesser form of any Magical capabilities their Spirit form possesses. Across the Barrier is the first TV series in Generation II of the metaseries, which is much darker and …

• "Coming up next: an all-new episode of X-Dimension, followed by an all-new Betaforce! Only on The TV Channel." Yeah, so as some of you may know, I have Asperger's Syndrome; I don't go out of my way to hide it, and I'm well aware of what strengths and weaknesses it grants me. I'm also aware that it comes bundled with a heap of idiosyncrasies, which is always fun lol. This is one of my idiosyncrasies: I've been the sole administrator and viewer of a television channel in my imagination for almost …

• Closing this thread in honor of another satisfied help-seeker!

• Yeah, I also said that before lol. I can't detach "swish" in my head from that really trippy Katy Perry music video. Sort of how I can't detach "SuMo" from the Japanese sport lol. And "USUM" looks like the acronym for some U.S. governmental agency.

• The ZUCast 2018 Hub

Look in your podcatcher tomorrow (March 3, EST) for our February/March episode! The Hosts are Cody and our Head Editor, Kelly, and veteran listeners (from the 2009-2011 days) may notice a slightly familiar dynamic between them...!

• I just unearthed my copy of Pokémon Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire, which is my favorite Pokémon spinoff. I've pumped a couple hundred hours into this game over the years, and it's so much fun. I really, really, really want a new Pokémon Pinball game! The DS or 3DS would have been perfect for it, too!

• All Pokémon are adorable in some way. Except for: Mewtwo, Mega Mewtwo X, Barbaracle, and Zygarde 50% Form. The latter makes me feel physically sick even at first glance. Why did I bother to catch it in X? What if its hideousness spreads like plague?! Must protect my bebbies! *release* (I legitimately named my Zygarde "Anti-Togepi.")