Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 121-160 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • As silly as it might sound, given the game, but getting a -15 score on the 18-hole golf course in Wii Sports Resort is still something I'm stupidly proud of. Wii Motion Plus made that stuff hard as hell. You had to maintain serious control over your wrist and swings to avoid slicing your ball way off the screen. I couldn't tell you how many times I played through those 18 holes trying to top my high score. The ironic thing is, I'm terrible at real life golf The only other one that comes to mind …

• Oh man, I forgot that was coming today. Hype is on.

• This is different. Sony Pulling Out of E3 2019

• The Nintendo Switch

Mirren - - General Gaming

Quote from john_marston: “Quote from Mirren: “Let's Go, Pikachu and Eevee have debuted to far higher review scores than I would have imagined. I'm still not getting either game, but if word of mouth is good, combined with the buzz from the Detective Pikachu trailer, these titles might sell very well. ” Why is it far higher? Only a couple Pokemon core RPGs (including remakes and BW2 and whatnot) have scored (just) lower than 82. Seems like a pretty predictable score.Also a score that confirms (to…

• The Nintendo Switch

Let's Go, Pikachu and Eevee have debuted to far higher review scores than I would have imagined. I'm still not getting either game, but if word of mouth is good, combined with the buzz from the Detective Pikachu trailer, these titles might sell very well.

• Pokemon Thread V.??: S&M, Yo

That might just be absurd enough to work.

• Movies you've watched recently

Mirren - - Entertainment

Quote from Frederica Bernkastel: “I haven't watched many movies recently. What even was the last one? I think it was Shin Godzilla, something I finally got around to watch this year. ” Shin Godzilla was good stuff. Very timely metaphors for modern-day Japan.

• The War Room III

Mirren - - Internet: Serious Business

There was a mass shooting at a bar in Thousand Oaks California very early this morning. 12 are confirmed dead, including the shooter, who has not yet been identified. One of the victims was a police officer who ran into the building to help; it's expected that most of the victims are in their early 20s, as it was College Night at the bar. msn.com/en-us/news/us/gunman-k…nts/ar-BBPtbEz?ocid=ientp It hasn't even been two weeks since the Tree of Life shooting. This country will never get better unti…

• Quote from Canyarion: “Didn't they say they'd announce the thing tomorrow? ” It's November 16th that Adi Shankar claims he'll reveal the property.

• The Nintendo Switch

Quote from Canyarion: “Edit: I put so much time into this post that I didn't see the mod warning. I'll repost somewhere else. I made this thread, so we can continue the discussion there: Can we expect a new Zelda in 2019? So uh yeah, the Switch is great! Anyone agree? ” I've quite enjoyed the console to this point.

• The Nintendo Switch

I, too, am doubtful that we get a flagship 3D Zelda in 2019. I could see them revealing the next game in 2019, but I think a release aims for 2020 at the earliest. Now, this hiring ad could very well be for additional Breath of the Wild DLC, what with Shuntaro Furukawa recently saying that he wants more content for existing Switch games. I could definitely see them putting together another big expansion, and releasing it alongside a "Game of the Year" or "Definitive" edition that bundles the ori…

• Quote from Ruki: “Things aren’t looking good. Urgh it’s probably better for my sanity if I don’t look. If Democrats fuck this up I’m going to cry. ” Not looking good in what regard?

• Quote from Ruki: “@Mirren Are you in DiPietro’s ward because that’s also an interesting race. ” I am not. @Silver For better or for worse, Cuomo's got NYS in the bag. He's a rockstar in NYC and that's really all that counts.

• Quote from Ruki: “Quote from Mirren: “I'll be voting as soon as I get out of work. Unfortunately, I cannot vote in the Congressional race that I'm most concerned with (Chris Collins/Nate McMurray), and both the Republican and Democratic gubernatorial candidates for New York State are bums, but there are plenty of other local positions I hope to help stay or become progressive. Congressman Brian Higgins and Controller Thomas Dinapoli both have solid track records for my end of New York State. ” Y…

• I'll be voting as soon as I get out of work. Unfortunately, I cannot vote in the Congressional race that I'm most concerned with (Chris Collins/Nate McMurray), and both the Republican and Democratic gubernatorial candidates for New York State are bums, but there are plenty of other local positions I hope to help stay or become progressive. Congressman Brian Higgins and Controller Thomas Dinapoli both have solid track records for my end of New York State.

• Quote from GregariousTree: “Quote from lord-of-shadow: “Quote from GregariousTree: “@lord-of-shadow You don't think MM, like I suggested above? I agree about WW, but I don't really see TP, it's too similar to OoT in my mind. I suppose it could work though. ” It could maybe work as a story, but I think it's too weird. They'd want to use classic Zelda things like the Master Sword, Triforce, Zelda, and Ganon/dorf. What's the point of using a big brand if they're not gonna, you know, use it? ” Well,…

• ZU'er of the Month - RAMBO

Mirren - - Community Central

I love giraffes, so you're cool in my book @Colu Congratulations!

• Outside of Nintendo enthusiasts, they are. For the mainstream audience, all that matters are the cliff notes. This wasn't an earth shattering presentation, but there's nothing from here that should be making Switch owners averse to the game.

• Quote from gamtos: “Have you ever played Paper Mario Sticker Star? The game had its disappointing moments, for sure, but every time I replay it, I think "why did this game revolt me THAT much? It's pretty fun." And then I reach the Final Bowser level again and I remember, because the Final Boss is arguably a collection of the worst game design elements I have ever seen. People remember the finale very clear. So if the last Direct is anticlimactic, that's not so good for sales. ” I really don't t…

• World of Light looks like it could be its own game. Very much liking what we saw of that.

• The Nintendo Switch

Quote from john_marston: “The Switch sales are good. But the fact that a 5-year-old PS4 is outselling a 1,5 year-old (supposedly hyped) Nintendo console isn't exactly great. imo 2018 is a pretty weak year for the Switch. Smash Bros is the only standout game for me, in a whole year. I think the slower sales (past 6 months) of the Switch can be largely attributed to this lack of big games since 2017Q4. Still, sales will be fine with Year 1: Zelda, Super Mario, Mario Kart Year 2: Smash Bros, Pokemo…

• Season 2 of Castlevania was astonishingly good. Adi Shankar is a huge gamer who has a tremendous amount of appreciation for the medium; he's also very vocal about maintaining creative control and not letting corporate executives get in the way. Zelda has absolutely featured complex characters and compelling lore from time to time, so I see no reason why some of those couldn't be channeled into a different kind of production. The series is so much more than just the immediate gameplay; I'll gladl…

• The Nintendo Switch

@Canyarion I'd love to know what the writer of that article you read considers "disappointing". Games like Kirby Star Allies, Mario Tennis Aces, and ARMS definitely aren't AAA titles, yet they've all surpassed 2 million copies. I think the best that Xenoblade did before the Switch was around 800k, and Chronicles 2 is sitting there with nearly double that. How are those numbers anything but impressive? That DLC news is definitely interesting. I can see a new world or two coming out for Odyssey, b…

• I binged through Season 2 of Castlevania this weekend. Konami may be doing everything in their power to kill that franchise, but Netflix is making sure it lives on. I was blown away by how good this second season was. The writing and the animation are seriously impressive.

• The War Room III

Quote from Hoju: “I'm curious about Trump's suggestion that the synagogue should have been better armed. If mosques around America took Trump's advice and fortified themselves with AR-15s would that sit well with the right? ” Nooooope. It's the same thing like when the NRA put themselves on mute after the Philando Castile shooting. If Castile had been a white man, the NRA would have practically declared war. To them, white people owning and flaunting firearms are proud, powerful patriots. People…

• The War Room III

Quote from HeroOfTime5: “Quote from john_marston: “That is the dumbest idea ever. Armed guards in every public building? lmao Trump please Though I do mostly agree with his comment that if someone shoots up something like a church and survives, there shouldn't be years of bureaucracy. Ultimate price, and be done with it ” weren’t some of those that got wounded police officers? Trump is such a moron. ” I have said it before, and I will continue saying it. Owning a gun doesn't suddenly make you Jo…

• The Nintendo Switch

What's been ported more, Resident Evil 4 or Skyrim?

• The War Room III

It's being reported that a suspect is in custody for the spree of parcel bombs to high-profile Democrats. The suspect is apparently a man in his 50s from Florida.

• The War Room III

Apparently, bombs were also sent to Joe Biden and Robert de Niro. I think with the latter, we can all-but confidently dismiss the possibility of this being the work of a disgruntled far Leftist.

• Movies you've watched recently

Mirren - - Entertainment

Saw the new Halloween last night. On one hand, the movie was very well shot; there's a few different scenes whose choreography I would laud as brilliant. On the other hand, it relies on a lot of contrivances and age-old horror movie clichés. It's sort of like, in ignoring the 40 years worth of the previous Halloween sequels, they also ignored the narrative progress that the horror genre has made. Laurie's PTSD would have been the perfect centerpiece for a compelling sequel, but it was only minim…

• The War Room III

Quote from Lucretia: “@Mirren i dont think anyone actually believed it, they just wanted to win ” To believe Trump would be 'good for the LGBT community', it typically revolved around identifying with Trump's Islamophobic tendencies and rhetoric, but just as key, a very narrow view of what 'being good for the LGBT community' meant. There are plenty of Trump supporters out there who think that Trump is treating the LGBT community just fine, simply because he's not incarcerating them or executing …

• The War Room III

Quote from Lucretia: “remember when two years ago people were telling us "wow calm down, trump is actually the best candidate for queers they've ever had" as he came out with the rainbow flag? ” The only people who believed that were enormous Islamophobes who were suckered in by Trump playing off of the Pulse nightclub shooting, as if that tragedy was only caused by radical Islamic ideology and not many layers of internal struggle for Omar Mateen and institutional failures regarding homosexualit…

• Wonder Woman 1984 just got delayed to June 5th, 2020. Everything I love gets delayed. Attack on Titan seasons, Godzilla movies, Zelda games, now Wonder Woman. EVERYTHING I LOVE GETS DELAYED.

• The War Room III

Friends, I'll be honest. I don't get the outrage behind the picture. Without context, I can't glean anything from the two people in the picture. The guy's holding a copy of the Financial Review...so what? That doesn't make him some economic mastermind. If all it takes is a few quarters to obtain a copy of that newspaper, anyone could procure one and read it. That doesn't speak to their understanding of financial matters or success in the field. The woman reading that [what is apparently a] fashi…

• The Nintendo Switch

I just got the Starfox/Arwing bundle in the mail. The game definitely seems fun, and I'm a sucker for big, intergalactic space warefare, so I'm gonna give it a shot.

• Against all odds, the first episode of Titans on DC Universe was actually pretty solid.

• @Winnie I'm definitely keeping these locks for a while. Because I sure as hell can't grow a playoff beard. Or any beard...

• I did a thing with my hair back in August. As I was growing it out, I had the part in front and the flow in the back, like this. It was all in preparation to bring back my beloved anime hair. My barber basically sent me back to when I was 21 years old. 44054715_10218224056938398_1192563713446510592_n.jpg The handsome stud on the left is my friend's dog, Bronson. He's a golden retriever that I'm possibly going to dognap at some point. @jalo Vietnam has some absolutely incredible scenery. Those ar…

• I don't think I could ever tolerate the mirror imagery for any Zelda game, especially the 3D entries. Those games and their settings are just so close to my heart that their environments are indelible. Seeing iconic places like Kokiri Forest, the Forest Temple, the Fire Temple, Dragon Roost, Twilight Princess's Lake Hylia, Snowpeak Mansion etc. flipped would be like looking at a perversion of them. Also, if you're not a fan of my Twilight Princess > Wind Waker opinion, you'd hate my thoughts on …

• I feel Twilight Princess is the better game, and that its HD version has the best single addition between the two (Cave of Shadows), but I'd say The Wind Waker HD is the better re-release, overall. At least, in the sense that it felt like the bigger upgrade. Its visuals were more drastically overhauled, more tedium was removed thanks to updates like the swift sail, Triforce hunt revamps, improved Nintendo Gallery and Pictobox, etc., and its Hero Mode isn't a giant mind **** if you've originally …