Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • DC Cinematic Universe

Mirren - - Entertainment

Shazam! might just be a new classic. It was fantastic.

• Computer - Kong Skull Island (Hidden Content) Phone - The golden retriever pupper who I dog sit on a monthly basis (Hidden Content)

• The Nintendo Switch

Mirren - - General Gaming

I fell in love with Splatoon pretty quickly on the Wii U. The premise, the art direction, it's all just so much fun. There's really no other shooter like it, between it's unique game modes and the emphasis on movement in just about any direction with a surface, Splatoon 2 was a solid, yet safe sequel when it first launched. It's grown into a much more meaty experience over the last year and a half. Nintendo has handled its online content very well, consistently adding free DLC for quite some tim…

• Which Florida man are you?

Mirren - - General Chit-Chat

Florida man loses $300k in online dating fraud

• I love The Legend of Zelda property. For me it goes way beyond the game design and game mechanics that we traditionally associate with the franchise. I love the worlds, the characters, the art directions, the creatures, the history, the music, the lore, the tones, every bit of paint that's plastered over it. I will readily, eagerly experience all of that when the opportunity arises. That's why I'll gladly welcome it coming in different forms, whether it be a spinoff game, a comic, a tv show (I g…

• @JPineapple I think you're approaching this matter very prudently. In my experience, bottling up your thoughts does no good. Never be afraid of expressing yourself, for the release of your feelings can provide indescribable relief, and spur you toward where you want to go. What you have done is not easy. It can be very scary to open yourself up like you have here. You have demonstrated a lot of courage with your admission. I'm proud of you, my friend. Like the rest of this community, I'm here fo…

• Despite the fact that there are an unholy number of tools out there for humans to kill one another with, there's a reason why guns are consistently used in mass killings, and proven so effective.

• The Nintendo Switch

This won't be a popular opinion, but I'm pretty sure that I'm more excited for Cadence of Hyrule than I am the Link's Awakening remake.

• Quote from Max N.: “Quote from JPineapple: “How does everyone feel about the possibility of a dragon wuest chatwctrr being one ? Supposedly it’s the hero of 3. None of my friends weren’t too happy with the idea lol ” It would be an absolute killer choice for the Japanese fanbase. Dragon Quest is immensely important to gaming culture over there. Almost nobody outside Japan would love it, but that hasn't stopped Nintendo in the past (as it shouldn't). My problem with main Dragon Quest characters w…

• Everything I've read about it sounds absolutely horrifying.

• Quote from Canyarion: “Quote from Mirren: “The fact that we never got TimeSplitters 4 is a gripe that I'm going to take to my grave. ” There was a TimeSplitters 3?? ” One of my all time favorite games, in fact. youtu.be/nIw_Q2fux-4

• The fact that we never got TimeSplitters 4 is a gripe that I'm going to take to my grave.

• Quote from Galedeep: “Quote from I)ragon: “It's as if the directors are trying their hardest to make a female that can show up the male hero's and mop the floor with Thanos all on her own, because girl power! Luckily, Endgame will be handled by the Russo brothers, and they haven't led us astray yet. ” I'd wager that nothing about Carol Danvers' power level was done without Kevin Feige's sign-off. It may or may not have anything to do with how Feige and the other MCU wardens want her story to con…

• The Nintendo Switch

Quote from Bill: “I'm torn on Mario Kart 8 Expansion vs. Mario Kart 9. To be fair, Mario Kart has not missed a generation since it was introduced. It is routinely one of Nintendo's best selling franchises. It holds a special place to me personally as it is pretty much the only game my wife will play. I lean towards an expansion pack for a couple of reasons: 1.) I doubt they can improve much on the graphics or game-play from 8 given the Switch's hardware. 2.) The user base for Mario Kart 8 is alr…

• @Abyss Master I liked those little hints that the story dropped, too. I also think 8/10 for the film is about my take on it; I would consider maybe a smidgen higher. As for "Is Carol OP?"-gate (Hidden Content)

• I made a couple baked honeyed apples today. Cored them, poured a little water in the base of the pan, drizzled about a tablespoon of honey on each, and then doused them in cinnamon once they were done baking. @Lady Sunshine will appreciate that I broke out the recipe I have from my time in the Redwall Book Club. (Hidden Content)

• Quote from Mozly Alice: “Quote from Mirren: “I saw Captain Marvel last night. I quite liked it! Good/bad in spoilers, even though I wouldn't consider any of them spoilers. Just being careful - (Hidden Content) ” (Hidden Content) I'm glad the movie is good by the way, I think I'll try and catch it in theaters. ” Again, fear not of spoilers. I'm just doing this to cover my butt (Hidden Content)

• I saw Captain Marvel last night. I quite liked it! Good/bad in spoilers, even though I wouldn't consider any of them spoilers. Just being careful - (Hidden Content)

• Quote from Jackos: “I feel like I'm just reporting that I discovered something that people already know for a long time but after having been on elite and playing matches there for a while I can say for certain that Quickplay is absolutely terrible, it's just a constant loop of laggers, spammers and people with wonky rulesets fishing for cheap wins with an actually decent match only once in a blue moon, it's just not fun. So I think I'll just stick to arenas. ” I too pretty much just do Arena ma…

• Quote from Winnie: “So I want to love the rabbit Pokémon so much but they didn’t make it cute at all! He just looks annoying. And I like the chimp starter but naming him Grookey is just terrible, they couldn’t come up with something better? Please. I expect more from you Game Freak. And as for the last one.. another sad, sorry water starter. May as well bring Oshawott back, he was the only water starter worth his salt. ” I think this is the harshest thing I've ever read from you.

• Quote from Pietro: “Quote from HeroOfTime5: “As progressive as I am, I think this may be a bad move for the democrats. There are a lot of democrats and independents in rural areas that fear gun control. It’s the single riskiest issue isn’t me opinion even over abortion rights. ” This bill deals with making background checks universal, which has the support of 92% of Americans. poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2592 If the Democrats can't introduce legislation that has the support of …

• Pokemon Thread V.??: S&M, Yo

Quote from Canyarion: “Quote from The Moon of Termina: “I bet the legendaries are going to be Wolves, because of the logo. ” That would be funny, because wolves are extinct in the UK. ” Off topic, but I didn't know this until now. Humans are the worst.

• Quote from TheAegisofTime: “Quote from Avalanchemike: “Quote from TheAegisofTime: “To be honest, I was interested, and even a little excited, until the actress started basically going on and on about how the movie was her form of activism. ” you sound sensitive ” Are you ok in the head? That in no way made me sound "sensitive". I was simply expressing that, "Hey, the main actress is acting like a fool on social media and singling out a group of people she hates based on sex. I'm against all form…

• The backlash against Captain Marvel baffles me. There's been this very vocal group of detractors for the movie for quite a while now; it's not as if the aversion to Brie Larson and the film started with her recent comments. There were plenty of negative reactions as early as that very first trailer, where the "she doesn't smile" trope emerged. Even the second trailer, which was widely regarded as being vastly improved over the first, has lots of negative comments on YouTube, for example. Brie La…

I'm really digging the look of the Galar region. You can absolutely see England influences there. Two of the cities even have tall clock towers. That one in the heart of the continent seems to be what was heavily featured in the trailer, that sort of industrial revolution era cityscape, with lots of brick buildings and steam powered machinery. What intrigues me the most though is that one further to the north, nestled right in the middle of the mountains. Compared to that more industrial city, t…

• General Card Games Thread

I think your last scenario is correct. To my understanding, a creature spell doesn't become an actual creature until the spell resolves. It's sort of like how a creature with protection from blue can still be Counterspell'd; that card text doesn't have any say until it hits the battlefield, unless specifically noted. @Foo will be able to give us the correct ruling I'm sure haha.

Quote from TruEdge67: “So which starter will everyone choose? I'm probably gonna go with Sobble. I like it's name lol. Also the last two gens I went with the fire starter on my first playthough and I want something different. For fun I made this poll. strawpoll.me/17512394 Go vote for which starter you're gonna choose. ” As I said before, first reaction is Scorbunny. The fire element for a very fast creature is a perfect aesthetic/theme. I also appreciate when there's a Pokémon who's inspired by…

Quote from GregariousTree: “Quote from Ty.: “Def going for the Bunny starter. Haha. ” Oh, obviously. There's no other choice. It's a little fiery Bugs Bunny. How you gonna pick something other than that? ” My first reaction is also to go with Scorbunny. Is he/she really the first hare-inspired Pokémon in the series? I feel like there's no real world animals left to represent I definitely liked the overworld they showed there. That gloomy forest looked super atmospheric in a way that Pokémon game…

• The Nintendo Switch

If they're serious about the late 2019 release window, an announcement has got to be coming soon. E3 is still a possibility, but I think that might be just a little too close to the release to properly maximize the hype campaign.

• 52712953_10219288177500747_8889954902487334912_n.jpg This is the kick that got me into Elite Smash.

• Why have there been so many AAA busts this gen?

• Reggie was a great ambassador for the company. Was super passionate about Nintendo all these years, embraced the spotlight, and shined with undeniable charisma. I'm genuinely bummed about this, but also happy to see him go out on his own terms.

• I think we're talking about two different things. There's the case of King K. Rool slipping in competitive rankings. Then there's the case of how he ranks in relation to Ganondorf. No dispute on the former, but the latter isn't settled. Reason being that, despite King K. Rool's descent, Ganondorf hasn't exactly made definite leaps. In some rankings, he's actually dropped a bit from where he started.

• The Nintendo Switch

I think it could eclipse 20 million if they ever released a Definitive Edition, for what it's worth. It might even have a shot just on its own. I believe it was between June of 2018 and December of 2018 that it still managed to push out over 2 million copies. If the Switch installed base keeps growing like it's been, you never know.

• Eh, at Event Hubs, for example, Ganondorf still hasn't gained ground over the course of the last month. In fact, he's lost a smidgen. King K. Rool's drop in recent days can be attributed in large part to the nerfs he received with the late January update. Despite those, Ganondorf still lags behind K. Rool in their rankings. Staying with the same community, Ganondorf's favorable matchups remain few in number, and his unfavorable matchups numerous. Neither are seeing notable improvement. One that …

• "But he's not a Democrat"

• The Nintendo Switch

Quote from John: “Quote from Mirren: “I've said this for years, but Nintendo needs to just buy Platinum Games already. ” Nah, if they did that then we never would've gotten NieR: Automata, or probably Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. ” Hey, you never know. Bayonetta 2, Astral Chain, and apparently Scalebound all existed thanks to Nintendo

• The Nintendo Switch

I've said this for years, but Nintendo needs to just buy Platinum Games already.

• The Nintendo Switch

Octopath was possibly my favorite game of 2018, so yeah, I definitely recommend it. At its core, it's a traditional JRPG, but it also adds a bunch of significant wrinkles that makes the experience feel fresh, even if you've played the genre to death.

• The Nintendo Switch

Super Mario Maker 2 in June Fire Emblem: Three Houses in July Astral Chain in August Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 in the Summer DAEMON X MACHINA in the Summer Switch is about to have a kickass Summer. That's an absolutely stacked lineup for the time of year. I thought that was a very good Direct. Great mix of updates on previously announced games, brand new titles, DLC, and indy releases. Despite my love for Castlevania, I was really down on Bloodstained for the longest time because of the visuals…