Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • How the fuck is this happening. Actually I don't care, just give it to me now! I loved Bloodlines back in the day. Played through it I think like four times from start to finish, and cleared like half the game even more times. Quote from John: “I'm also curious how this ties in with the WoD canon. I...don't know a lot about it, but my understanding is that things have changed quite a bit since the first game, so are they gonna match the original or what the current state of the setting is? ” Hav…

• The Nintendo Switch

Khao - - General Gaming

I'm amazed by the fact they're actually letting an indie developer use Zelda characters more than anything else, haha. Looking forward to finally trying Cuphead too. Been on my wishlist for seven thousand decades, but I just never went for it.

• Honestly, I think Zelda 2 would be perfectly fine today with simply a more forgiving game-over system. Just get rid of lives and use regular checkpoints. Though a few more hints for the more obscure moments in the game (like walking into a random grave in the graveyard for no reason in order to progress) would be very welcome. But I don't think the game in general is deeply flawed or anything.

• The Nintendo Switch

Khao - - General Gaming

Quote from MVS: “what can we expect in 2020 if not a 3D Zelda which the user King Zell has hinted about (with a pretty good track record). Let's say it isn't a new 3D Zelda, what do you think it can be? ” I'd say Skyward Sword HD. It makes sense to me.

• Pokemon Thread V.??: S&M, Yo

Khao - - General Gaming

I had low expectations. They were met. Will wait to see if it goes beyond that. But when it comes to what they revealed today, there's really nothing to be hyped about. It looks good at the very least.

• Honestly, I feel like if they wanted to add Shantae as a fighter, we wouldn't have gotten a Shantae spirit at all.

• Quote from Chloroform: “I think the core fan base has matured from being edgy teenagers that want everything to be gritty. I'm super grateful that Zelda doesn't just have the same generic art style every other fantasy game has. ” Ehhhh this is kind of an unfair assumption. I don't think anyone dislikes the artstyle because it's not gritty and realistic and edgy or whatever. If you were to ask me, my absolute ideal for a Link's Awakening remake would've been something close to the Wonder Boy 3 re…

• Quote from John: “I doubt it'll be three games. Fates, across all three titles, sold fewer copies than Awakening. That's a real bad sign for that sort of strategy, means you increased your development workload and got a lower return. Plus, they've already announced the special edition and have made no mention of multiple versions (and, indeed, they refer to the release in ways that suggest one option, not two or three: "The Fire Emblem: Three Houses standalone game and the Fire Emblem: Three Hou…

• The Nintendo Switch

Khao - - General Gaming

Here's some late thoughts: Mario Maker 2: All I can say is that I'm surprised it took this long, haha. I didn't get the first one despite owning a Wii U. Still can't help but feel like they're selling a level editor for $60. I'm interested, but it's just not worth full price for me. But I'm sure it'll be even more popular than the first one, and I'm looking forward to seeing what crazy shit people come up with this time around, haha. Seems like some actual new content (aside from fighters of cou…

• Watched the trailer again after looking at a few screenshots. Oddly enough, I think the game looks better in screenshots than in motion. It looks like a cute diorama, which appealing on its own in some way. But a cute diorama is just not a world I can get very invested in. Either way, the fully animated cutscene before that gameplay was not a good move if you ask me. Buuuuuuut I've warmed up to it a bit since the reveal, and I'm sure I'll be able to enjoy the game by what it is. But I really can…

• Looking great so far! I feel like the presentation was way longer than it needed to be considering what we actually learned, but the whole thing about getting students to get new units looks super interesting. As long as they don't do some bullshit like, separating the three houses through three separate games, I'm in day one.

• Gotta admit. I was amazingly hyped during the opening animation, but when they showed the first moment of gamplay I just felt massive dissapointment. It just looks... lifeless. Not gonna lie, I'll probably get it anyway due to being a helpless fanboy. But this is just stylistically horrible. I wish 2D was still a thing at Nintendo.

• The Nintendo Switch

Khao - - General Gaming

Quote from MVS: “I don't think however that there are actual people out there who are Fire Emblem fans who would NOT buy Three Houses if IntSys said that there are no Waifu-content in the game. ” You'd be surprised.

• I have defensive ultimates with other characters. I'd rather have a single ultimate per character, just to keep things simple. I want the game to be as easy-to-learn as possible. Plus, having a mix of characters with defensive and offensive ultimates can make 2v2 games much more interesting!

• The Nintendo Switch

Khao - - General Gaming

I bet they announce a Fire Emblem fighter DLC for Smash.

• Quote from John: “My first thought was that scoring is almost too easy. This might not be an issue, since it's symmetrical, but it might mean that defensive play isn't really viable? That could be good or bad, depending. ” Yeah, that's a little bit hard to balance. Right now, I think the "basic" gameplay is at the right spot. You collect energy to use abilities, and you use energy to shoot new bullets and to dash quickly in any direction, which is the most effective way to block bullets. If you …

• Hey guys. I'm making a new game. It's super early but I already kinda want to show it off. youtube.com/watch?v=9JHPRI30JJ0 It's basically Pong if it played like a platformer and had fighter-style mechanics and structure. It's meant to be a quick-fun party game, but it can take enough skill to treat it semi-seriously. It's super fast-paced and can sometimes get pretty hectic! I'll probably change the name further down the line, but for now, I'm calling it "Please Don't Strike My Wall!". There's n…

• It's not that you specifically need a third party controller, it's that you need a controller that has clickable sticks, AND has no motion controls. All first party controllers have both, except for the Gamecube controller, which has neither.

• Do they really have frame-1 reaction this time around? I feel like they're much more reasonable. You can even succesfully bait an airdodge out of them.

• I just finished A Way Out yesterday. I've never felt so fucking disconnected from my character in a game. The concept was amazing, but they completely dropped the ball with that final plot-twist. Player and character motivations become completely opposite. The narrative immediately stops being interactive. You're still playing, but you're not even in control of your actions anymore, and in the end one of the players was never in the same line with their character from the start, but they only re…

• My only Miis are the obvious ones, haha. I pretty much just made everyone who already has a costume to their name. I wish all the third party costumes from Sm4sh were still here, those were the ones I wanted the most back then! The only real fun stuff I have is a bunch of friends and family members. It's pretty much tradition that you get your own Mii when I know you're gonna play frequently in my console. It doesn't matter if you're gonna use them or not, you have to be there! Buuuuuuuuut it's …

• Welp, got the Switch Online service a few days ago. My code is 0898-2749-4570. I'm from Chile, in South America, so expect lag when playing with me, haha.

• Just got the Switch Online family pack thing with a few friends and tried a few random online matches. This is... A lot better than I expected actually. It absolutely runs smoother than Wii U's, and much more consistently. Also I set preferred rules to 1v1. I fought like 10 different people and they've all been 1v1s. Input lag varies, but I've only gotten like 2 matches that I'd consider "unplayable", which is a huge step forward from Wii U where I'd usually just play a few games in a row which …

• Here's a few. Best supported old game: Shovel Knight Most anticipated 2019 game: Ori and the Will of the Wisps Please stop (industry trends that need to stop): Multiple preorder options for games that have only been revealed in the form of cinematic teasers I mean why is this even a thing. Best game that came out of nowhere: Deltarune Biggest communications fail: Fallout 76 merch (bags and bottles oh boy) The Tommy Wiseau Award for "you tried but it was just so damn terrible": Nintendo Switch On…

• Autopick has actually worked great for me. For primaries, it always picks a type that's strong against what you're fighting, and it seems to prioritize spirits that are similar in strenght. Remember that you get more rewards if you fight using a lower-rated spirit team that your opponent, so when you don't get your strongest spirit picked on every fight, that's the system working correctly. You're not going to get your ☆☆☆☆ Lvl. 99 enhanced spirit on a fight against a spirit rated 1800, and you …

• I'd love to vote for ZU's GotY, but of all the games on the current "groups" in the thread, I've literally only played one of them, haha. And it was probably less than 15 minutes at that.

• I know people blame Sakurai of being biased because of all the FE characters, but if you think about it, every character has a reason to be here. And a good one to be honest. We got Roy and Marth in Melee. I'm sure everyone agrees that this is fine. Ike replaced Roy in Brawl in an attempt to create a more unique character from a more recent, more popular game. I'm sure everyone agrees that this is fine. Wii U/3DS comes. We get a newcomer in the form of Robin with a playstyle that's unlike anythi…

• Quote from Jackos: “I just want my old mains but the RNG ” There's a fixed order, actually. Regular battles will always unlock characters in the same order. Classic Mode is a bit more interesting, unlocks basically go through a fixed list and looks for the "closest" yet-to-be-unlocked character in relation to the character you already used. Like, imagine a list of characters A, B, C and D. If you play Classic Mode with character A, you'll unlock character B. If you play as character B, you'll un…

• Gotta say, the more I play World of Light, the more I like it. I expected it to feel repetitive as fuck and for it to only be enjoyable in short sessions. But every time I open it, I stay there for hours, and so far I've actually spent more time with it than I have with regular multiplayer battles. I do wish it had a few cinematics, but the thing is a ton of fun to play. I always look forward to the next character unlock, and there's something about just clearing every spirit off an area that's …

• Quote from Canyarion: “Did anyone else expect Smash Strike to function differently? You both pick 3 or 5 different characters, which is a great idea. Now it works like this: when you defeat your first opponent, the level reloads and the second opponent appears. And your health/damage gets reset. I was assuming it would work like this: when you defeat your first opponent, you stay in the level, but the second opponent appears. He'll start at 0% damage, you keep the damage that you had. Pretty muc…

• @Mirren I play almost exclusively with the Gamecube controller. But I also did a few matches every now and then with the Switch in handheld mode, with both joycons attached to it. Both control methods worked great for me. Buuuuut I guess it's worth having in mind that I played well over 100 hours in 3DS with the Circle Pad, so I'm kinda used to Smashing with flimsy analogs. Did you check the controls menu in any case? There's actually a stick sensitivity setting, might be worth trying.

• Played a lot of Smash yesterday holy shit. I didn't get to unlock all characters, because we kept jumping back and forth between three different systems, but I still managed to try out a little bit over half the roster. Soooooo a few impressions. Gameplay-wise? I think this is already my favorite in the series. It's fast-paced, but not overwhelmingly so. Movement is satisfying as fuck, everything is super responsive and even something as simple as jumping in place feels agile as fuck due to the …

• In less than 24 hours I'll be going to a midnight release. Right after that I'm gonna get together with a group of friends and we're gonna pull an all-nighter. We'll keep playing until we're fucking dead the next day. I'm so fucking excited about this. Feels like my childhood is back!

• Been seeing a lot of shit on twitter. Seems like the average combo in this game is a lot longer than in Sm4sh, leading to some super cool-looking shit. (Hidden Content) I'm super excited for that!

• [Poll and Discussion] METROID

Khao - - General Gaming

Of all NES games that kickstarted popular franchises, METROID is probably the one that aged the worst. Whenever I become a fan of a classic series with a new game, I usually go back to play older installments to see where it all started. Metroid is one of the few cases where I just couldn't bring myself to finish it. The map is large, but 90% of rooms look identical. It's ridiculously hard to know where to go next once you earn a new power-up. You pretty much have to grind for health every time …

• There's new footage of Classic Mode floating around. I really like what I'm seeing. There's different final bosses for each character (just a few unique ones though, a lot of character share the same final boss) and we actually have Race to the Finish back! (kind-of).

• I beat the original Super Mario Bros. with a Guitar Hero controller.

• I joined in 2005. I remember I was looking for a Majora's Mask guide, and it led me to the guide section in the main site. I used the guide, and then, for some reason, I clicked on the site's forum. For some reason, I joined. For some reason, I didn't leave. For some reason, I'm still here after 13 freaking years what the hell. I remember my English was... pretty bad back then. Bad enough to actually get infracted for it, hahaha. Still, I liked this place and it's users a lot, so I decided to st…

• Had a fun hours-long session of Sm4sh with friends yesterday. It's been a while since I played that much Smash Bros in a single day, and I feel like I needed it, haha. Got me even more hyped for Ultimate! It's kinda crazy how the roster on the Wii U still feels absolutely massive even now. To think we're gonna end up with over 20 additional characters in comparison... Dang. Gotta say, one of my favorite things about Smash Bros is how much you can actually customize battle rules. Like, there's so…

• When it comes to mains, I'm looking forward to trying out the entire cast and finding a new main from scratch, which is what I also did with Sm4sh after years of sticking to Link. I'm definitely hoping to end up with someone I've never mained before. I already have a few characters under my sigths, though. Mario. The three Links. The four Marths. Both Pits. Lucas. Mega Man. The Belmonts. I'm guessing I'm gonna end up with one of those, looking at what I like to play in previous games. Though the…