Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • Quote from John: “I feel that Akechi already has a foil. (Hidden Content) ” In addition (Hidden Content)

• If anything I'm consistent (Hidden Content)

• Not sure if anyone here has experience with something like this but I'm applying for a game arts program. The application allows you to demonstrate the concept you come up with either by writing a pitch document, making concept art, or creating some kind of trailer or teaser for it. I'm doing the concept art approach but it just doesn't really specify the amount they want beyond saying it can't take up more than 10 minutes to go over. But I have no kind of gauge for this sort of thing. I'm so in…

• I just got ending D for NieR: Automata and all I can say right now is that I'm not okay ;u; Dont really have a cohesive breakdown on it or anything I'm just emotional.

• I really don't like the Byleths just being plopped in the middle there. Maybe I just don't like being reminded that f!Blyleth exists. Her design is not looking any better in the artwork than it did as a 3D model. As for Claide being upsidedown, I don't think that bothers me so much as there being nothing that grounds the composition in place since most of the weight of the art is at the top. It makes it feel... Odd. Also I know Claude's bow curves at the top, but the fact that it doesn't line up…

• @John Oh man I guess since that one gave me dialogue options a few times it felt like the result could change depending on what you say rather than one option being a regular negative response that doesn't move the side quests forward. Is there an exception for that though? I've only just started route B, but it had me do the side quests for the resistance camp shopkeepers again. Maybe just because those are quick introductory things?

• Finished the A route for Nier: Automata and also accidently got a joke ending when I started the B route due to my terrible sense of direction haha. I have a lot of questions so far but I have faith they'll be addressed as I move forward in subsequent routes. I also missed quite a few subquests so I'm looking forward to completing the ones I missed this time. Pretty much every subquest leaves me feeling terrible in the best way. Particularly the one where you retrieve the YoRHa data chips for a …

• Quote from Jackos: “Hence why I said that rides are still better than HMs, still they could be shoved into some random non-offensive "utility" slot or whatever so that you're actually using your team to travel, it's not really that hard of a solution. ” Oh yes I'm agreeing with you, sorry for not wording that better. Plenty of things don't logically line up 1 for 1 in Pokemon since it is a game first and follows game rules. I think arguing for HMs because they make some sense in universe is sill…

• I really don't think anyone would be more bothered by some gameplay vs story segregation if it meant not having to have two HM slaves or load your main team with awful moves.

• I think the idea behind being unable to forget HMs is so you don't accidently get yourself stuck by forgetting the move but HMs don't break so you could always teach the Pokemon the move again so :??? I found HMs annoying since most moves had no real use in battle. Most notoriously flash, rock smash, cut, whirlpool, defog (as far as story gameplay goes) and dive. Then things like strength and rock climb or surf and waterfall would feel redundant to have in your team's movepool. Later on, fly wou…

• Didn't you get to walk through lava in Omega Ruby? I don't really see what's appealing about revisiting that kind of setting. It doesn't seem functionally different from surfing. It's just a different and probably less varied environment.

• I don't know know many different times you're going to mention the art style just doesn't jive with you. If it doesn't it doesn't. You don't need to bring it up every time you're reminded the game exists. @John I have a similar feeling about the design. It's usually at least a little irksome to see fanservice in a characters base design but 2B's just doesn't come off that way. I think part of it is that since the characters are androids, it leaves more wiggle room for suspension of disbelief. I'…

• That's why I don't really mind Gen 7 adding the text to tell you if a move is super effective/not every effective, etc. as long as you've encountered the Pokemon before. It's easy to forget matchups especially with the upheavals over the years and it's not like other RPG's don't do this (Persona 5 comes to mind). Oh that reminds me of one very specific type matchup change from gen 7 that that feature has helped me with. Dark types are immune to moves that gain priority through the ability pranks…

• Quote from MVS: “Alright, but don't you think dragon has become pretty weak now? Like the only thing it is good on is itself, and has three weaknesses: dragon, ice and fairy. Sure it is resistant to fairly many types, but still. Or are dragon Pokemon strong enough in general to make up for it? ” Dragon's are very versatile in the moves they learn and often have high BST's putting them in the Pseudo-legend category (Dragonite, Salamence, Garchomp, Hydreigon, Goodra, and Kommo-o are all pseudos no…

• I think BW had a pretty good post game as far as first games go. Having a whole half a region to explore after beating the champion is a lot more than most give. But ultimately yeah BW2 has even more content on top of that.

• Yeah I think Gen 5 is really good. It has a lot of post game content and some pretty fun features although a good chunk of them are dead with the end of DS online functions. Some common criticisms towards it is how linear the region is not having Pokemon from previous regions until the post game, but I think both issues are definitely mitigated in BW2. I personally like the general atmosphere, storyline (for a Pokemon story), and aesthetics, particularly the legendaries, but that's a lot more su…

• Well I'm finally picking up Nier: Automata. I'm not very far in yet, I've just done the desert area and I just beat the boss in the Amusement Park. Gotta say, every bit of the soundtrack is absolutely phenomenal. I'll usually say a game has a pretty good OST if a few tracks really stand out to me and get me to listen to the OST straight up, but I've really digged everything I've heard so far just while playing. Are there any helpful tips I should know while starting out? I think I'm still pretty…

• I voted for scorbunny but I'm really caught between it or sobble. I usually go with fire starters and scorbunny is cute enough but I also really like lizards. Final evolutions are definitely going to be the deciding factor for me.

• Pokemon Thread V.??: S&M, Yo

Creiddylad - - General Gaming

I wouldn't mind a delay to 2020 honestly. I think the 3 year generation gaps has been too short and led to two consecutive generations feeling rushed. But we'll see. I'm excited nonetheless over any Pokemon news so I'll be setting an alarm for tomorrow to watch it.

• Oh no That's unfortunate. OPM was such a hit when it came out I thought I'd have to worry about this somehow happening to Mob before I ever worried about OPM getting the short end of the stick. Well I guess we'll see how affected it is when it starts airing. I binged what's out for Dororo today and really liked. I'd describe it as show that reminds me of Mushi-shi except it gives me the exact opposite feelings a Mushi-shi episode would give me and it is a lot more graphic. Also both the OP and E…

• Yeah Genealogy, as much as I love it, is pretty clunky. The maps themselves don't bother me too much though and I really like the sense of scale they have since a single chapter can scope the entirety of a country. But they could definitely use retooling so that maybe I don't need a turn by turn guide to get to all the villages in time for a chapter or something. No maps can make me as mad as Gaiden/Echoes did though. Just from a design perspective looking at a map that's mostly forests on the t…

• Finished up my fe6 replay. I was absolutely not against arena abuse which led me to making a kinda busted Melady. I'm amazed you can buy as many boots as you want from the secret shop. I know under normal circumstances someone wouldn't have the money to buy a ton of them but well. I did. (Hidden Content) Meanwhile my gf on their playthrough was very insistent on exploiting the glitch that lets you steal an infinite use fire dragonstone and succeeded. I was pretty impressed because pulling it off…

• I feel like if they really want to continue the child unit trend, a remake of the Jugdral games or even a remake of the Elibe games are an opportunity to make both sides happy. I have no problems with child units or marriage mechanics when they're implemented in a way that makes sense. In particular, I think it would be a good way to make a 6+7 remake tell are more unified story and work in a 2nd generation marriage system into to it. I don't think it's likely to happen but it would be pretty co…

• Been slowly chugging along in my FE6 playthrough. I'm on chapter 17 right now and I've completed all the gaiden chapters so far. I don't remember the game being as tedious as it is, although in fairness I don't seem to remember anything about FE6 despite playing it last only 4 years ago. I feel a little bad that it's my gf's first jump into GBA era Fire Emblem, but at least it only gets better from this point. I think if we started with 7, 6 would only be even more annoying. The support point ca…

• I would like it if a twist is that the uprisings/"bandit" attacks you suppress as part of academy curriculum are actually totally justifed but the academy works as a conduit for church propoganda in order to make the centuries long peace they've had look genuine. The academy also works in some way with those crests that were mentioned in the E3 trailer, or something like that. I don't know if it would be more or less reassuring to seem them go for something complicated. I don't really mind the F…

• I admittedly went into Birthright extremely biased but I really don't think my biases were unwarranted. I think I spent 40 hours on it and I hated it but I was driven to complete it so I could at least make informed posts on why I think Fates is not good. My friend tried to get me to give Conquest a shot on the basis that the characters are better and you could not make me. The one character I kinda liked from Fates also gets totally screwed over in Revelations apparently. I'm so sorry Scarlet y…

• Okay that's fair so maybe I should phrase it as choosing to use this animation style over previous ones because it's the more cost effective measure and that's why we have a style that's not as smooth?

• The cutscenes are looking kind of janky but I imagine it's the cost of having more of them and having to have versions of both cutscenes depending on if you chose male or female Byleth. It is a shame though. Cutscenes were definitely one of the things Awakening and Fates had over Valentia (and the cutscenes style for 3H looks much the same to Valentia), but I don't think they'll impact my overall experience that much.

• Quote from Max N.: “But half the FE playerbase plays it for the waifus. I cna't imagine Nintendo wanting to ditch that half of their audience. ” That half has probably only experienced FE that's waifu then, but I don't think the lack thereof in a console title will keep too many of them away. It's not like they can't lust after some rando character without a direct avatar romance line.

• Someone on tumblr noticed this in the trailer DzU0MnaWkAEYFMo.jpgThe little heart would at least imply there is some kind of bond system with Byleth included. Not necessarily romance at least. It would be great to just have normal supports again with no S support nonsense, and there's definitely less of a need for it if the school takes the place of child units.

• youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=8OwUB8gf5Ac Okay so Three Houses. I still feel like I don't know a lot. A lot of the gameplay is still speculative or needs to be dissected from the trailer. The plot as it's been laid out is still vague, but has some potential. I'm not enthused by the presence of an Avatar character and I was hoping if there would be one then they'd at least take a back seat to the plot but they have some mysterious destiny too. Who knows, maybe even with a mystery destiny th…

• The Nintendo Switch

I never played LA and now I guess I have no excuse not to.

• The Nintendo Switch

I'll go over it more in depth later since my stream quality kept dipping but I'm at least interested in the return of a Lycian League style government. I don't know if they'll actually do anything interesting with it but at least it's some variety. And I think weapon durability is back? I would really like for it to be back. I think the setting of this being an academy is going to limit the kind of characters we'll see in the army. Like all nobles, all teens, etc. I'm sure that won't be the whol…

• The Nintendo Switch

>Avatar character >Already being given special plot significance : (

• The Nintendo Switch

I think Oninaki is the only thing that's been interesting to me so far. OH WAIT HERE'S FIRE EMBLEM

• The Nintendo Switch

Quote from Please Understand: “It would be nice if the story was better, not saying otherwise. Story being mediocre is one of the main reasons why I don't feel too compelled to finish the games even after playing for dozens of hours. That said, it is easier said than done. ” But I'm just saying that it has and can be done, especially if they avoid what I think have been the pitfalls for recent titles. Quote from Zesty Crouton: “ The problem with that, of course, is that Supports aren't just for …

• The Nintendo Switch

Quote from Please Understand: “ I mean, it's not like the newer elements are taking away anything else. For me, the main issue of modern FE is the ability to grind. Some older games had this too. Story could be better, sure, but it is not easy to make a very long story and keep its quality consistent while introducing dozens of characters. ” I mean.. but they do. And you kind of admit to that in your own post. The elements I don't want to see return are the ones that specifically make it harder …

• The Nintendo Switch

Quote from John: “I mean, you can disagree about why it saved the franchise, but it seems hard to argue that it did. So the question is then what made Awakening a saviour. IS seems to not have been sure and so threw everything into Fates. Honestly, we can armchair quarterback all we want, but the huge success of games I dislike, or movies that are terrible (Transformers remains a major box-office force, as do the Disney live-action remakes, despite both being almost objectively awful. :P) shows …

• The Nintendo Switch

Quote from Please Understand: “I don't buy the narrative that older fans of the series can't enjoy the new ones. ” Okay if we're going to do this then I don't buy the idea that the older games are impossible for newer fans to like. I mean I'm not an older fan. My first game was Awakening. I just respected the series enough to go back and play/at least read an LP for older games and found that I liked them more. But if I can speak for older fans I'd say most of them have played the newer ones, co…

• The Nintendo Switch

I don't really buy that narrative though. Awakening saved the series is an argument I've seen a thousand times and it lacks any nuance. The only thing that made me pick up Awakening in 2013 instead Shadow Dragon in 2008 was people around me knowing about the game. Awakening had the benefit of far better marketing and a respectful launch period that previous titles hadn't been allotted. I won't deny casual mode brought people in either but I think anything more is a reach. I'm not really asking f…