Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • Zelda Riddles VII - Not Dead Yet

gamtos - - General Zelda

Octorok ring from the Oracles?

• The Phrygian cap stiff always sounded like nonsense tbh. No one wore it like Link. To me it looks more like a stocking cap without a tassle. Like Miyamoto tried to add elf elements to Peter Pan and accidentally googled a Christmas elf.

gamtos - - General Zelda

Quote: “I'll save it for when we run again a day without a new entry. ” Mr. Write? The bombers?

• So you basically want something in between Little Mac and Corrin, yeah?

gamtos - - General Zelda

@Romano-British Medli guide us

• Had to read five times before I saw the typo, no wonder it stayed in.

• he definitely does not outrange Marth though. I think he'd barely outrange Meta Knight.

• ^ how would you balance that out?

• I think that the media res format destroyed my ability to relate. Watching Hyrule Castle Town get destroyed would get me a lot more involved if I got there during or even just RIGHT after. Now, my revenge is just served very, very cold and bland. Thank you Link, you're the Hero of Hyrule. Or what's left of it. You saved all of your friends from being a slightly less comfortable version of dead. Another felt problem is how Link's motivations and outlook do not change during the entire game, regar…

• Small Breath of the Wild theories

gamtos - - Theorizing

Methinks the monks are in hella energy-saving mode to survive thousands of years. With that in mind, the ones that aren't Maz Koshia put all their energy into being alive and well at the end of the shrine for the hero. Gods I hope they were given gameboys to wile away the time.

• Divine Beast Appreciation Thread

gamtos - - Modern Zelda

The way you could actually SEE Vah Rudania, an entire temple, walk up a crater, from the outside, in real time, blew my skull out. Look, y'all can talk about how the Sheikahtech aesthetic along with blights is all same-y and ugly, how the puzzles were simple and the areas short, but I AM INSIDE OF A GIANT ROBOT. GIANT ROBOTS!!!

• Quote from pj777: “BoTW's problem was that it didn't tell enough of its story, not the way it was told. ” Absolute disagreement. The trailer marketed the idea like "find out what happened 100 years ago". After the Old Man turns out to be the king, that entire plot point is gone. Everything that needed to be told, was told by him at the very start of the game. The rest is just details. The outlier is Impa's scroll but the calamity of 10k years back feels entirely pointless to the plot. Kass' enti…

• I really love the happy face!! Happy JP IS GOOD!!

• Pics of my GF. For my PC something spacy I drew.

• What Forum Theme Do You Use?

gamtos - - General Chit-Chat

Woltlab because my real name is Woltl and I feel like the theme was made just for meeeeeee

• Sexy Dora. Serious Discussion. Oh hey forgot the Yuuga Ghirahim one. I had a very similar theory once, will look at it later.

• Recipes. Especially the ones that call themselves "super easy" with "only eight ingredients". If you're asking me to use two types of flour, your recipe is awful, Karen. Maybe I'm looking for the wrong thing though. I'm more looking for general cooking knowledge, like if I want to make a vegan cake, how do I substitute eggs? That kinda stuff. A friend of mine once listened to me list items I had at home and with her help I made one of the best damn fridge-cleaning chilis I've eaten in my entire …

• Who’s Your Avatar?

gamtos - - General Chit-Chat

Hatsune Miku. In disguise.

• Show off your Zelda Stuff! Thread

gamtos - - General Zelda

How does sitting in a rainbowshifting room for more than five minutes not make you stark raving mad though? Hey Zelda Stuff thread, I got a whole bunch of Zelda items from a roommate who's moving. Might post some pics once I clean the place up and unbox all of the collectors items like the awful person I am.

gamtos - - General Zelda

Quote from ich Will: “Majora's Mask? ” Ding dong ding dong Do I need to explain or are y'all busy slapping your foreheads?

• Not per se. For me, it's a vent thread. In this section, it's easy to have heated debates; before the headcanon thread, theory was known as the SD of the Zelda section. Here, I can let loose on famous, oft parroted theories that the theorist will never be able to see in a bit more vicious manner.

• Zelda Headcanons

gamtos - - Theorizing

The Lord of the Mountain, in life, was known as Satori. For Iwata reasons, I headcanon he was related to Botrick. He looked like a mixture of Satoru Iwata and the Buddha. Chef Aurie Taamu was born on Tingel Island and is a man of short stature, with a goatee and a large chef's hat to compensate for his height.

• The Life and Times of Satori

gamtos - - Theorizing

Side note, since they litterally called the Lord of the Mountain "enlightenment", I think the devs meant he's a sage in the classical hermit kind of way. I do believe for that reason that even as a human, he spent a great deal of time living on the mountain, much like the Buddha meditated under a tree for an extremely long time (note the cherry blossom tree he spawns under). Many tenets of Buddhism indicate a vegan diet. As someone who "watches over all animals who make their homes in the forest…

gamtos - - Theorizing

Nope! My idea is they gather 'em though, and that's the reason rupees are no longer in tall grass. The Minish HATE them.

gamtos - - Theorizing

Aye, ElectricGoose and I joined around the same time. This one took a while. I've been posting a lot about Satori and Blupees before settling for this thread. More about tenacity than being especially observant, I think. I got into the object-mapping thing by coincidence too, was looking for a mountain crow to photograph for a no-Symin compendium run.

gamtos - - General Zelda

You forgot the first part: I have only ten teeth, but a big heart. No to Stallord, no to another hint. You're a big boy Guinea.

gamtos - - General Zelda

It is not!! Y'all are thinking way to obscure.

• BOTW Improvements

gamtos - - Modern Zelda

^ I mean, for its size and apocalypse theme, BotW does have a great deal of villages. The Champion Weapons were pretty much meant to be staple weapons as they boast high durability and multifunctionality, but I feel it still wasn't enough. Like, make them 10% weaker, 50% more durable and even more unique. Have the sword be a boomerang. Or even cooler, have the trident return to us. Or have the trident cause the water spin attack rather than the Zora armor. Have the twohander an end-all tool for …

• BOTW Improvements

gamtos - - Modern Zelda

Creating a Champion shows concept art of Link's family. How. Amazing. Would that have been. Imagine; Link finds a hidden hatch in his Hateno village house. Maybe it only shows up after you pay enough for some redecoration or something and find a magnesis hatch where a cabinet once stood. Inside it, a letter to Link, from his family who knew / hoped he'd return to their house one day. A diary from his little sister who survived the calamity, about how she's now an old lady and happily married. TH…

• So why invite the brother if he's a garbage dump too? Not really feeling the "family is not a freebie" message we were talking about, but I'm probably misunderstanding and I figure some others might too, so I'm hereby shooting the elephant in the room.

gamtos - - General Zelda

Nah. Teeth, claws, horns, spikes Call them what you like My heart's not in the right place Let's not start about my eyes.

gamtos - - General Zelda

Nope, but gosh what a cool answer.

gamtos - - General Zelda

No ser.

• As for legendary games, Portal can't be missed, naturally. Evoland is one of those games that isn't old but is great to show off industry evolution.

• Aye, for that matter I consider Towerfall to be a better retro experience than a lot of actual old games out there. Kirby's Dreamland is a good old game for newbies I'd say. It's one of the more accessible pre-2K games out there.

gamtos - - General Zelda

It's been long enough. I have only ten teeth, but a big heart

• CAPTION! That Screenshot! II

gamtos - - General Zelda

"He's been hanging out with Ben without me?"

• Quote from Advance: “@gamtos How come you can reconcile Steve's movement but not Maxwell? I agree that he looks stilted and awkward and not a great fit stylistically, but the same is true of Minecraft characters - especially, I mean especially if they go for that terrible looking limb-warping they use in Story Mode and such. ” I actually prefer the limb warping a great deal. Story mode's movements look pretty dang fluent to me.

gamtos - - General Zelda

Octorok

• He's still the dude in the merch and on the box art and every promo. And personality aside, certainly has an interesting genre to rep. Imagine Kirby and Dedede duking it out on the Great Cave Offensive, but they stop because they hear something. Muffled sounds of blocks being hit, and then Steve emerges out of a 1x2 hole in the wall, looks around awkwardly and then blasts them off.