Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 60.
  • I was a ceramics major, thanks. Was looking more to match the Forgotten Temple to a particular style of kiln, perhaps. I looked at a few models that are built into hills (obvious similarities), but as I said, no clear match. The insides of kilns can be very clean indeed, especially when they're electric. Even in a dirty wood kiln, much of the ash and material ends up on the pottery itself. The kiln wouldn't be made out of Sheikah tech, because it would be used for /making/ the tech. Kilns are ma…

• I don't have any real evidence for it, but I've always headcannon'd the Forgotten Temple as an enormous kiln. A kiln this size, of course, being necessary to fire the DB. It's a helluva strange building, like absolutely nothing else in Hyrule. I tried comparing the temple to kilns, but I'm just not knowledgeable enough. It does seem to have multiple chambers like some kilns, and being built into the ground is advantageous. I suppose to me it's the only thing that reasonably /could/ be the kiln, …

• Small Breath of the Wild theories

Velivolo - - Theorizing

Quote from gamtos: “While the geography is off, so is pretty much every other landmark in Skyward Sword so I'm not fussed. ” I've always thought the Springs of Courage and Power were spot-on, but the desert really is a confusing mess...

Velivolo - - Theorizing

So, the barbarian armor set has that warpaint "handprint" on Link's tum, right? But, Floria Lake and its connected bodies of water look quite a lot like a handprint, too. A handprint with three fingers and one possible thumb, just like the warpaint. So I think it's not a handprint at all, but a simple depiction of Lake Floria and the surrounding bodies of water.

• Quote from Hoju: “I'm getting hooked on botw again. I've had it since release but only played it little bits at a time. Everyone else went to bed early last so I got a good 2 1/2 of playtime in. I just got the master sword, I suppose it's time to finally do those devine beasts. ” I'm working through it again in Master Mode. Just kinda taking my time and getting Koroks. I think I have like half by now, at least a third. I did my second DB on that file a couple days ago xD I've really just been me…

• Quote from Guiguitargz: “I don't find this connection that clear (in fact not clear at all), for the reasons I stated before. I think you're just making the link because of the "Antiquity-Technology-Mistery" combo. ” Your reasons above are "Ancient Astronaut Theory isn't real; Therefore, this cannot be based on it." Which, as I've gone over in depth, we agree on Part 1. Ancient Astronaut Theory is silly and not a scientific theory in any regard. It's just fun. Part 2 of your argument is garbage.…

• Zelda Geography

Velivolo - - Theorizing

Quote from Kokiri Kid: “Lake Akkala is clearly Spectacle Lake from HF. ” I'm interested in this. Please elaborate? On an unrelated note (but still related to this thread), does anyone have any ideas about Zirco Mesa? It's always covered by clouds, but there's nothing really of note there.

Velivolo - - Theorizing

Quote from Nonoctoro: “Four Swords Adventure ? C'mon Purple Link, you were in that game. ” This guy ^ I don't often agree with him, but he does the legwork. Lmao.

• Quote from Guinea: “Edit- I know this isn't the Headcanon thread, I beat the game the other day and I just realized what that line meant. I vote CT for BotW. ” Ssssshhhhh.... Me too xD Because if Gerudo are alive in DT, why is there no Gerudo sage in LBW?

• I just assume they're not from Hyrule, or they stayed on earth when Hylia raised her people to the sky in SS. At BotW's point, round-eared humans have probably just been bred out, as Hylians are the dominant race. CC gives two explanations for Gerudo's currently pointed ears- that they interbred with Hylians, or that they finally learned to open their ears and listen to Hylia. Judging by her statue in Gerudo city, I'd think it's the former. Gerudo in older games, particularly Ganon and Twinrova,…

• @Guiguitargz I feel you've been a bit rude. At no point have I endorsed or said I believe in Ancient Astronaut Theory, and in fact I don't. I simply find the cognitive dissonance between real history and some people's interpretation fascinating. To that end, I really enjoy ancient alien content, but believe in none of it. Of course Pakal's tomb depicts the tree of life. However, some misguided people do see him operating a rocket. The stances of the two figures are very similar regardless. Note …

• My strongest reaction to this trailer? "I NEED MERCH OF THIS IMMEDIATELY." Nintendo please, for the love of god, give us toy versions of this Link and the little foxes and even the little trees, they are all so stinking CUTE. Was waiting for the 2D Zelda to drop, no real expectations going in because the 2D games aren't my favorite and I just see it as a snack to tide me over to BotW's successor. This game is the cutest little macaron I've ever seen. I'm getting it, the rest of you can be bored …

• Quote from gamtos: “Honestly with that evidence we got a solid crackpot theory that ancient Sheikah took residence in space and came back to defeat the calamity. Kinda like aliens but more like astronauts that spent a long while to come back. Honestly the mummified monks aren't that far off from grey bugeyed ETs. ” It is kinda weird how the Sheikah are always "in the shadows" assassinating people and influencing things. If the Sheikah aren't astronauts themselves, they could be a race created by…

• BotW is strongly influenced by Ancient Astronaut Theory (the idea that aliens visited earth in ancient times). The Sheikah Tapestry owned by Impa and Zonai architechture have a very Mayan feel about them. zeldauniverse.net/forums/Attac…ece3ceed0af1d02c1ade1ee6f The monk figures in the top right bear an uncanny resemblance to the Mayan King Pakal, as depicted on the lid of his tomb. zeldauniverse.net/forums/Attac…ece3ceed0af1d02c1ade1ee6f Most researchers suggest that this carving depicts Pakal a…

Velivolo - - Theorizing

I just found the thing that convinced me most of the location names in the game are meaningless. A ton of minor locations are just named after different fish. Pretty much everything in Hebra is a bird. Most of Gerudo is a mineral or precious stone. The names also seem pretty arbitrary, with inland, fresh bodies of water named for saltwater fish. It's weird to put this to rest (for myself, anyway), but... here it is O_o

• Zelda Headcanons

Velivolo - - Theorizing

Quote from Nonoctoro: “It's not like I hate Hyrule Encyclopedia, I subscribe to some of the ideas within, it's just not canon. ” Yes it is. It's in the exact same book series, by the same publisher and many of the same people, as HH which IS accepted as cannon. It'd be like saying Lord of the Rings is cannon but The Hobbit isn't. Unless, you propose neither HH nor HE is cannon...

• The Big Theory Q&A

Velivolo - - Theorizing

Slightly off-topic, but we NEED a port of FSA. I still have a gamecube copy, but not the gamecube, and none of the gameboys or cords or any of that bull to play the game with my boyfriend. Yikes. I thought about booting it up so we could play, then I remembered the logistics of that, and nope.

• Zelda Headcanons

Velivolo - - Theorizing

Quote from Setras: “That's the thing, though- it's never been outright stated to my knowledge that the ALBW Sages are descended from the OoT Sages. Indeed, between the two groups there's at least one intermediate step, the ALttP Maidens, all of whom seem to be Hylian girls. ” The HE says that sages are descendants of each other, and makes distinctions between different groups of sages. It considers groups of "seven sages" or "six sages plus zelda" to be related. It separates the Maidens (LttP, F…

• Zelda Headcanons

Velivolo - - Theorizing

Quote from gamtos: “This is exactly what I dislike, the fuel some patterns give to timeline theorists when Nintendo expressly and repeatedly denied BotW can be placed. ” Nintendo has denied a lot of stuff that later turned out true. Didn't Triforce Heroes originally have no placement? I also think HE and its retcons represent an investment in the timeline. Why bother fixing the timeline here, when you're going to throw it away for BotW? It's a lot of waste. I think Nintendo is just playing a she…

• Zelda Headcanons

Velivolo - - Theorizing

Quote from gamtos: “Because all of its additions like murals and chestplate details are stupid and confusing. ” I'm also frustrated that these details haven't been cracked, but I do think they were deliberate. From a meta standpoint, TPHD details and HE retcons set up the CT creepily well for BoTW. Damned if anyone knows what's going on in that mural, but it effectively retcons the Rito into the child timeline. HE retcons the DT to clearly show the decline of the Zoras, instead of jumping back a…

• Odd Gaming Habits

Velivolo - - General Gaming

I have autism and pretty much any kind of grinding in video games is just stimming for me. I've poured insane amounts of time into Pokemon post games, just catching them all and leveling them all up. If you guys have ever heard of a game called Lost Kingdoms, I spent hours on that game working on getting 30 copies of every card. Edit: Oh god, and how could I forget the 7+ times I beat Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor.... And then got the port...

• Zelda Geography

Velivolo - - Theorizing

Quote from SamCringe: “Here’s my theory connecting Minish Cap’s map to BoTW. ” I REALLY like your map, and I think most of it is spot-on. I want to add that I'm pretty sure the Ancient Columns are MC's Wind Ruins. The positioning is perfect compared to your theorized location for Mt. Crenel, the Royal Valley, and Castor Wilds. Also, they sit on kind of a tall, thin plateau, matching the isolated aesthetic of MC. Lastly, concept art in CC of the Ancient Columns looks even MORE like the Wind Ruins…

• The Big Theory Q&A

Velivolo - - Theorizing

Is there any reason the Twili from TP COULDN'T be the Zonai? I was just looking at Midna's helmet/fused shadow, and there are some stylistic similarities. the same blocky, chunky sort of swirls. In some ways it almost looks like it could be a predecessor to BoTW Sheikah tech, with a sprinkle of Jomon inspiration and the strange holes on the front reminiscent of Sheikah constellation decorations. The Zonai also have similarities with the Interlopers. They're both tribes of powerful magic users wh…

• Quote from gamtos: “Wielding a third of the world's providence on your left hand tends to buy more credibility than unverifiable interrogations. Of course the possibility exists that Vah Medoh is named after an unknown character, but looking at it from a Doylian perspective, the most blatantly obvious candidate is Medli, and on this hill I shall perish. As for the Zora sapphire, surely you're not saying that if one of the keys to the sacred realm is required, a Zora Princess must be seduced firs…

Velivolo - - Theorizing

Quote from Evran_Speer: “I don't have high hopes for this, but did you look at the outer wall of the Plateau to see if it has any signs of Zonai architecture? ” I'm pretty sure the Plateau walls are Hylian made. They seem to have those high narrow windows, and crenelations like the castle.

• Quote from Fal Cie: “I only noticed this on a reread, but isn't this hypocritical? On one hand you think Medoh is named after a Rito we haven't seen while on he other you think that Goron doppelgangers can only occur on a line that we've already seen them. ” No, because I don't think it's named for Medli or her hypothetical doppel. I'm open to the idea Medoh isn't even named for a Rito. I meant it when I said I think it's a character we haven't seen. Quote from gamtos: “The hero, recanting his t…

Velivolo - - Theorizing

The Hebra leviathan is not a whale. I cannot get over this skeleton. It's the nuttiest thing I've ever seen, and CC gives us illustrations. It has the shoulder blades of a MOLE. It does not have correct shoulder blades for any sort of whale, while the other two leviathans do. The protrusion from the back of its neck would seem to hinder the natural swimming movement of a whale/dolphin, and the CC picture makes clear these weird protrusions sticking from the ribs. Oh, by the way, it has nostrils …

• Gerudo town children (BoTW)

Velivolo - - Theorizing

Quote from misisme33: “The Gerudo think men bring disaster, more specifically Gerudo men bring disaster. ” ????????? Quote from Creating a Champion pg 139: “Since ancient times the Gerudo have held onto a belief that if young Gerudo women interact with men it will bring disaster. ”

• Zelda Headcanons

Velivolo - - Theorizing

I was trying to imply that there may be a connection between the Shrine of Resurrection and Link's 7-year nap in OoT. It actually seems Zelda knew there was a good chance the shrine would cause Link to lose all his memories.

Velivolo - - Theorizing

Quote from Candycane_Keyblade: “That way Gerudo girls are still raised in their culture without being estranged from their fathers. ” I like this theory, but Creating a Champion says something like, the Gerudo don't want men to interact with young women because it brings disaster. I forget the exact wording, but it kinda seemed to me that Gerudo children just stay in town until they're adults.

• Zelda Headcanons

Velivolo - - Theorizing

Quote from Creating a Champion: “Link was taken to the Shrine of Resurrection... Had his injuries been lighter, or if the shrine had been more advanced, it is possible that he would have awakened sooner. ” Wait. Like maybe.... After just 7 years instead of 100??? Hmmmm...

• Quote from misisme33: “In the CT, they did win also. When Link goes back and tells Zelda of the events of OoT (to some degree), the victory would be known in another timeline. ” I agree 100% and it definitely boosts a CT placement. I chose to argue from a neutral standpoint because this is shockingly contentious in some groups. Quote from misisme33: “But to your point, the oral "discrepancies" aren't all the much of an issue in their existance. The issue is who knew about them and how? ” What do…

Velivolo - - Theorizing

Quote from gamtos: “Gerudos could simply be the calico equivalent of humans. ” Then males would still be born, just with Hylian traits I suppose. I think Gerudo genetics are probably too complicated to work like this, plus there would still definitely be male children, as calico cats produce (non-calico) male offspring at normal rates. Hilariously though, if it could be broken down to "calico" genetics, Ganon would definitely be sterile. Quote from Canyarion: “Perhaps all males die in the womb? …

• Quote from gamtos: “Again, that's evidence strongly in favor of the AT; no part of the OP contradicts it. ” When I said "See OP," I meant to refer to this statement, which is also in my OP. Quote from Velivolo: “We have contradicting statements here in literally the same sentence, from the same source. ” OP doesn't contradict AT, but there's substantial, substantial evidence against it otherwise that I suppose I'm leaning on. I dunno how deep we wanted to dig into timelines. I don't think AT is …

Velivolo - - Theorizing

Quote from Nonoctoro: “Magic lol ” TOO EASY lmao

• The Big Theory Q&A

Velivolo - - Theorizing

Quote from Nitro Indigo: “Quote from Fal Cie: “Dunno what the connection between frogs and ninjas is but it comes up in some works. ” en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiraiya ” Quote from Wikipedia: “Jiraiya fell in love with Tsunade (綱手), a beautiful young maiden who has mastered slug magic. ” SLUG MAGIC

Velivolo - - Theorizing

I've been trying to wrap my head around the genetics of this, if there are any. A really extreme case of Founder's Effect with a sex-linked disorder might do it. But the thing about that is, modern populations suffering from Founder's Effect (Amish, etc) are generally unhealthy and have very high rates of all kinds of genetic disorders, not just one. I think I read somewhere that like, one in three Amish children has a genetic disorder. IMO the Gerudo population seems more robust than ever befor…

• Quote from misisme33: “I don't subscribe to the AT timeline. However in the same I don't see contradictions, ” Addressed in OP. Ruto awakening as a sage and fighting ALONGSIDE the hero is the key here. This is only possible in the AT, which I feel comfortable saying is the LEAST favored timeline. In DT, Ruto wouldn't have fought WITH the hero. He died. In CT, "none of this technically happened" (though, I strongly, strongly believe that Link's AT adventures were kept and curated by the royal fam…

• Quote from misisme33: “Those were not inconsistencies. From an in-game POV, these are two different people; ” No. Quote from Zora Monuments: “It is said that Ruto awoke as a sage facing this foe alongside the princess of Hyrule and the hero of legend. ” We have contradicting statements here in literally the same sentence, from the same source. Unless, I suppose, you subscribe to AT for BOTW, but I think that's impossible due to the flooding. See OP. Quote from misisme33: “Screenshots ” No one ag…

• Quote from misisme33: “The Chronicles that we see in Master Swords are based on written records throughout history. Although we don't see the actual documents, the books says the information comes from documents. That means that the records as they relate to the Sheikah, Zora, and Gerudo all come from written document. ” And note, duly, that all the information for the Zora race comes from the ZM, and the Gorons have no history at all there. Paper documentation like we're used to is prohibitivel…