Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-8 of 8.
  • So. You’ve just beaten Calamity Ganon. Hyrule is safe once more. Zelda appears before you and the game finishes with our two heroes starting their new life 100 years after the Great Calamity and all evil has been conquered. I was really hoping the DLC was going to be the next chapter in the story, about how Zelda and Link were to rebuild Hyrule. You already have some antagonists to stop this from happening i.e. the Yiga Clan, or introduce some new threat (the Ghost of Ganon anyone?) to make the …

• All very interesting and valid points, and I’m particularly interested in how the conversation has shifted from expectations and opinions about Calamity Ganon to the larger picture of how we perceive Hyrule. Because of this I may start a new thread voicing another area of discussion that I’ve wanted to address called “What do you think happened after the end of the game?”, but I’d still love to hear more opinions about the current topic from players!

• Oh :S thanks for the info!

• Ooh very nice idea, hence ‘Calamity Ganon’ and not just Ganon. Like Demise is trying to be reborn again but is failing. I somewhat agree about the story point of view, there’s something deflating knowing that the battle for Hyrule (which I’m sure most would agree would make for a fantastic game given the cutscenes) happened 100 years ago, and this game is about righting the wrongs of events that’s already happened. However, I’ve completed the main ‘story’, now I’m on a hunt for all the shrines. …

• @PurpleandRed I sort of agree with what you mean. Personally, I quite liked the Hero’s Shade. I did think however after rumour spread amongst Zelda fans that it was Link from OOT that Nintendo went with the idea to please the fans, without necessarily intending him to be in the first place. Whilst technically it does fit if you want it to (despite it actually being canon now), one could keep thinking of him as just a stand alone character. The first time I met him in the game he didn’t strike an…

• Very valid points, and it seems I wasn’t alone in my opinion. I felt like the final fight out in the open would have hugely benefited the drama if it hadn’t been during a sunny day. Even having the downpour of rain and lightning would’ve added to the atmosphere of the final fight. I totally agree, this version of ganon was a departure from the main series and I was sorry to see it so. But that being said, from what I’ve learned from other Zelda enthusaists, it’s contextual (I guess!) if you thin…

• @Cajbaj , that is a really interesting point of view, and I must admit I hadn’t thought about it this way. Perhaps my expectations were a bit too high and I may have been guilty of zeroing in on what the character should be in my opinion instead of being open-minded to what he actually is. I still maintain that I’d have liked to see Ganondorf in the game, but that being said, I can see now how Calamity Ganon is more of a ravaged, hell-bent entity formed from repeated failures than instead of a s…

• I’ve decided to voice an opinion in the most suitable place, amongst those who love the Zelda games as dearly as I do in the hopes of getting some interesting feedback. Was anybody else slightly disappointed with Calamity Ganon? I’m taking in terms of character here, not in terms of difficulty to beat. All the way through botw I was so excited to see how Ganon’s character design had transported into the zelda franchises most recent title, and particularly to see what kind of voice acting would g…