Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • This thread is unlikely to create much discussion with how it is laid out. While there is a conversation to be had about smear campaign tactics used by politicians, particularly coming from the GOP, merely linking to random news articles without providing input into the substance and content of each one does not provide for it. As such, this thread will be locked.

• The Nintendo Switch

Common Knowledge - - General Gaming

I hope the announcement of Cuphead also signals that the Ori and the Blind Forest on Switch rumors are also true regarding Nintendo's/MS's partnership.

• I moved the discussion on the history of the Nazi party into this thread: zeldauniverse.net/forums/Threa…-and-Ideology-in-Germany/

• He apparently was streaming a video of it all to 8chan too, he was a member there. You know...the same site a video game company recently decided to host an AMA on and some members of the gaming community were defending the actions of cause it was "owning the libs" or whatever the hell. These alt-right segments of the internet are far from just edgy trolls being shitheads "for the memes"; they're literal breeding grounds for murderers, mass shooters, terrorists, pedophiles, and everything else a…

• Yeah, that box-art is....odd. Not at all really fitting with the aesthetics of the game based on the footage we've seen such far. And I've said this before, but this serves to remind me, but female Byleth is a terribly-designed character. One of the most unappealingly designed main FE characters since....well, I don't know lol.

• SMT4 has been my first SMT game. I think I'm still somewhat early on it it, as I've been playing through it slowly. It's pretty good, and serves as a great starter game if you're new to the series, I find. The difficulty is HEAVILY front-loaded though. Really wish the PS2-era games would get ported over to modern consoles. The only way I can play those right now is dragging out my PS3 and downloading them as PS2 Classics.

• The Nintendo Switch

It's really kind of surprising that the original two NES Zeldas have never been remade in some fashion after all this time. I know there was that weird Japan only "BS Zelda" thing which was sort of a remake of the first game, but for the west, there's been absolutely no updated version of either of those games when so many other NES classics of Nintendo's major franchises have been updated at some point in time. Plus, a remake of Zelda II would get me to finally play through the one perpetually …

• Paul Manafort sentenced to just 4 years in prison. Sure he may have committed bank fraud, lied to prosecutors countless times, and obstructed justice, but hey, at least he didn't smoke marijuana or anything!

• It looks interesting enough to me. I like the presentation of it; the different seasons and whatnot look very charming. I just kind of wish there wouldn't be anymore literal straight paths between areas like we already see in the trailer. I don't think Pokemon needs to go fully open-world, mind, but I always pictured something like the first Xenoblade Chronicles' structure working really well for Pokemon. Large, wide, sprawling areas with lots of opportunities for exploration, but the areas are …

• The Nintendo Switch

Breath of the Wild is still ranking in sales charts 2 years since it's release. It's over 13 million sold now. 15 million is guaranteed and I dare say even close to 20 million lifetime sales is not entirely out of the realm of possibility if it keeps up its evergreen status over the course of the Switch's life. I would have never, ever thought we'd see a day with a Zelda game pulling these numbers. Absolutely incredible.

• Apparently the DoJ is expecting Mueller's report as soon as next week. It's rather difficult to guess what's going to be in it, or if it even will be next week. I know Cohen's testimony is also scheduled for next week, which is strange timing if Mueller is indeed wrapping things up on his end.

• Atlus really needs to get its shit together. Like now. Never played Catherine, was considering getting the remake, but that game can get thrown into a dump and set on fire for all I care now.

• So the character designer in this game is confirmed to be Kurahana Chinatsu, who is known for her work on otomes. A lot of people have been pointing out that the male characters in this game are, uh, quite a bit of eye-candy. So I guess it fits, lol. The character designs overall look good, I'd say. Unfortunately I think the one sore spot is the female Byleth, she looks kind of a mess. Definitely will be going with the male avatar this time around.

• Yeah I burnt out of Fates early on in Revelations after going through Birthright and Conquest back to back. It wasn't until almost a year later that I went back to Revelations and blazed through it with barely any care for what was going on, just so I could say that I finished all three.

• The Nintendo Switch

I was meaning by the time Prime 4 comes out. It'll be close to a decade most likely. As it is, 5 years since their last big release and absolutely nothing to show for it is quite a bad look.

• The Nintendo Switch

I really don't like the fact that Retro has apparently had such a bad last few years of development that Prime 4 will be their first game in nearly a decade by the time it likely comes out. I was hoping that Star Fox racing game that was rumored was true partly because it'd help alleviate the possibility that Retro could be dealing with a shitshow internally. It makes me want to question just how "safe" Prime 4 actually is in their hands. I guess I got to trust Nintendo's judment on this.

• Yeah, I'd like to say Nintendo wouldn't go there, but, well....Fates had you able to marry your "siblings", including the ones that are clearly children...

• The Nintendo Switch

Yeah Nintendo isn't one to put your hopes into when it comes to reasonable prices. I'd be shocked if this isn't a $60 game.

• Game looks fine enough to me, but I think it could've used a little more "whimsical" flash to it. Not really sure how to describe what I mean. Like the animations and stuff are little too static and takes away from the fantasy feel of the game. But I'll surely be picking it up. On another note, it seems like BotW's white logo style is now the standard for the series, no?

• The Nintendo Switch

I bet Nintendo's just sitting on Metroid Prime Trilogy until closer to 4's release date of god knows when, which is kind of aggravating. There's too much talk about it from multiple well-known insiders for it to not be a thing that exists as of right this moment. But anyway, it was a decent enough Direct. Super Mario Maker is coming pretty soon, which is nice to see. Three Houses I'm not too sure what to make of yet, but I'll surely be picking it up. Link's Awakening was cool to see, I'm kind of…

• I have no clue what to make of this game yet. Am I more excited for it than worried about how it'll turn out? I have no idea. The school setting could be interesting, but also leaves the potential of going full-blown anime, which I would be less enthusiastic to see (god, I really hope they don't have our adult teacher avatars dating various students of theirs...). They're really focusing on the non-battle stuff in the marketing, which I don't now if that's good or bad. I'm at least glad to see t…

• The Nintendo Switch

I really miss Path of Radiance's (and Radiant Dawn's, to a lesser extent) story. The Tellius Fire Emblem games' stories weren't mind-blowing or anything, but they had great respect for their lore and built-up the backstories of the kingdoms and characters involved that made it very easy to get invested into the story. Newer FE games (with the exception of Echoes) have you just jumping around across countries back and forth with barely any time spent on actually fleshing out anything. I mean, hel…

• The Nintendo Switch

So Nintendo did their Q3 investor meeting just now. I think the most interesting thing they said is that they are no longer looking to expand the reach of gaming like they did in the Wii/DS days. Abandoning the "blue ocean" strategy, in other words. It's surprising to hear at first but thinking about it, it makes sense considering how mobile/smartphone gaming has reached out to nearly every demographic. With Nintendo already having their foot in mobile gaming, there's really not much more that c…

• The Nintendo Switch

Microsoft has really gained my respect on this front. BC was actually probably the biggest factor in getting me to finally get an Xbox One. I don't know, it's just the semblance of at least some amount of respect for their own legacy and to their consumers that makes a difference. They turned themselves around from the disastrous launch years ago. Compared to Nintendo, who sometimes does good with their legacy content but is often held back by their apparent stubbornness and obsession with the "…

• The Nintendo Switch

The only way I have the patience to go through the majority of NES games is by abusing the living hell out of suspend points. And that's more for just the experience of saying that I played through the classic ones than actually having much fun with any of them. I did manage to "legitimately" beat LoZ and Metroid years ago but I don't think I'd be able to do it again today.

• Month-long shutdown entirely forced by Trump due to his demands for the wall, ending with him getting zero dollars for the wall. Expected nothing less from this "master negotiator". All the idiot got out of this was falling approval ratings and damage to the economy he so loves to credit himself for.

• The Nintendo Switch

I always thought a 3D Donkey Kong game that is kind of a mixture of sandbox-style and linear could be cool. Like everything could be interconnected so it's not really "level-based" but as you progress through different sections of the world you'll go through linear set-pieces full of action and platforming. Might be an odd comparison but maybe something like the sand-box sections of the latest Uncharted games (in terms of structure; not saying that DK should be copying Uncharted's "platforming" …

• The Nintendo Switch

This fits in with all “insider” talk about the game “definitely” going to be at TGA last month but then we got nothing. Granted I’m sure the decision to pull it (and supposedly MPT HD) wasn’t a last minute decision on Nintendo’s part but the insiders just never got fed the new info. Anyway, I guess it’s good that’s it’s back in Retro’s hands though. But I have to wonder what effect this has on Retro’s current game (supposedly that Star Fox racing game) and also if the supposed Trilogy HD is gett…

• Michael Cohen just released a statement saying he is postponing his hearing to Congress originally set for the 7th due to ongoing “threats to his family” from Trump. It’s unclear if he means just the Tweets Trump has been sending or other direct threats as well.

• I'm always curious to see what the leftist version of Fox News is, and I'll always remain curious, cause it doesn't exist.

• buzzfeednews.com/article/jason…wer-mueller-investigation Well, what do you know, looks like Trump himself directed Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about the Moscow Trump tower discussions. Totally clears the President, thank you!

• The Nintendo Switch

Quote from MVS: “@Jackos Don't worry, I've got your back. Damn, I would be way more interested if they ported Bravely Default/Second to the Switch. Is there a reasonable chance that they actually will do it at some point? ” The developers actually teased such a thing via Twitter multiple times.

• Red Dead Redemption: 2

It was pretty impressive that Rockstar managed to make Arthur a more sympathetic and likeable character than Marston. All the pre-release footage of the game made him seem like he'd just be more or less a jackass lackey of Dutch's that wouldn't really make an impact on anything considering he doesn't even get a name-drop in the first game. But turns out he was probably the most important person of Marston's story.

• Yeah Chris looks absolutely nothing like himself in RE7. It's pretty bad when the first leaked image that popped up of him before the game's release had the majority of people thinking it was HUNK or someone pretending to be him. Hardly anybody's first impression was, "yeah that dude who is saying he's Chris Redfield is definitely Chris Redfield".

• Individual 1 was particularly erratic on Twitter today over all of this. More so than usual.

• The Nintendo Switch

I’m kind of the opposite in that the ridiculous amount of fan service and content is perhaps the only thing that keeps me interested in Smash, as otherwise I can’t for the life of me get into fighting games. Even with Smash, I’m only, at best, “not terrible” at it, so past the Nintendo love-letter aspects of it, it’s appeal wears thin for me.

• The Nintendo Switch

Quote from Mirren: “Quote from Common Knowledge: “Eagerly awaiting Prime 4's reveal at the game awards this Thursday (it's been teased by several known insiders so it's almost certainly gonna be there). ” Oh? I hadn't heard that. Care to divulge? ” Several Resetera members who are known insiders with near-perfect track records have been teasing it both there and on Twitter, Emily Rogers among them. I'd link to the thread there talking about it but the site is going through a major upgrade and it…

• The Nintendo Switch

Eagerly awaiting Prime 4's reveal at the game awards this Thursday (it's been teased by several known insiders so it's almost certainly gonna be there). I hope they also announce the Trilogy in HD, much like they did with the Bayonetta double-announcement last year.

• So looks like the Senate race in Arizona now has Sinema in a slight lead. Also, the Florida Senate race is now in recount territory as unaccounted for votes are being found in Broward County and the like. Election Night will be continuing on for a little while longer it seems.

• Got my vote in in Florida just now after work. Man, I hope Gillum takes this. DeSantis is so goddamn insufferable.