Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • There's a new Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines game being made. Here's the trailer; youtube.com/watch?time_continue=106&v=SYvWfDxhm_s There's also a keynote but it looks like the typical corporate drivel. Look, I love Bloodlines but I don't know whose involved in this project. I also don't know anything about the gameplay. We'll see but I'm prepared to be disappointed.

• I think the best way to target these websites is to target their owners. Unfortunately the US for reasons that I don't care to understand (/s) has no laws on hate speech but has the fighting words doctrine. US Justice System meet Cognitive Dissonance. Also, I think the owner of 4chan is Japanese, and I don't have a clue about hate speech laws. So it turns out Japan passed a law defining it but it doesn't outlaw it, which isn't surprising considering the country's history of oppression towards th…

• Just Cause 4 I have a lot of problems with this game. I like the frontline system at least the fact that when you capture a region you have a border around your territory that has constant fighting. What I don't like that all you need to capture a region is do a random mission or occasionally have an adjacent territory. A more interesting system would have been a mixture of the liberation system in Just Cause 3 and this. Maybe have less regions with a bunch of bases, and towns. The bases need to…

• reuters.com/article/us-kazakhs…yev-resigns-idUSKCN1R01N1 I'm no expert of anything but this is interesting, I really want to see how Russia reacts, or more specifically Putin reacts. The article went on to call Putin and Nazarbayev allies. Which is laughable. If they ever were allies they weren't after this: rferl.org/a/kazakhstan-putin-h…tion-nation/26565141.html And so soon after Crimea, eh? Oh also it isn't Astana anymore it's Nursultan. Let's see how the Far Right Russians see this.

• Brexit: The Setting Sun

Mozly Alice - - Serious Discussion

Quote from Lucretia: “th eu should have played harder to its interest and forced as second referrendum of election what even is the point of an extension if they agree to may's deal anyway ” I think they didn't do that because the Leave people would scream something about lack of sovereignty or w/e. Hell maybe the EU is counting on the UK leaving and eventually returning with a better deal for the EU itself?

• Quote from goronmario: “yeah I don’t really understand the steam worship going on here. It’s not like valve isn’t a fucking awful company ” My problem isn't that Valve is an amazing company, no my problem is that Epic is somehow even more anti-consumer than Valve. Which is a remarkable achievement. Also I loath the fact that my choice to play Outer Worlds on release is Epic Games and the Windows store... I understand why. But holy shit the optics.

• Quote from John: “So, I'm not a fan of exclusives, but the Epic store ones are probably the least-bad way to do them? They're mostly time-limited and they're for a free platform. It doesn't cost you any extra money to use it, just some time, a small amount of storage space, and giving your info to another company. Plus, Steam has had de facto exclusives for over a decade now. A huge chunk of PC games are Steam-only, and people haven't really complained about that. I get it, I don't like having t…

• Quote from Silver: “Quote from urnotlikeme: “Personally, I find it hard to call Trump a Nazi if he supports Israel. ” ftr, it isn't hard to find white supremacists (even Neo-Nazi ones) who support Israel. Not because they like Jews, far from it, but because they would rather the Jews be far away in Israel (ideally killing Muslims, whom they don't like either, while they're at it) rather than in "their" countries. Some even admire the Israeli government (particularly under Netanyahu) for engaging…

• Quote from urnotlikeme: “Personally, I find it hard to call Trump a Nazi if he supports Israel. Did everyone seriously believe that this wasn't a problem until it spread into our politics? We've been condemning and condemning on all major social media platforms, and yet KKK numbers are on the rise. Deplatforming the far-right has not stopped their conversations, instead it fed into their narrative that they are the ones being repressed, and that it is the government and the left taking away free…

• To drive the point that this isn't underground here's an article: inquisitr.com/5344141/new-zeal…e-trump-adviser-fox-news/ and look at all of those breitbart reactions; i.redd.it/cfpwcivhwbm21.png Anyway, I know Fox News broadcasts in Canada, is there anywhere I can complain about their clear hate speech?

• Quote from Kerest: “Scientists researching chronic fatigue syndrome are at war with internet activists and losing. ” Having read it it's quite disheartening. In my experience I found that Twitter and Facebook are the most toxic social media websites. It's not surprising to me at all.

• Quote from urnotlikeme: “Just because it exists doesn't mean it's not underground. It's underground because no one can simply talk about this on a public forum like a televised debate. Find me the person who is willing to repeat their hateful comment on TV and face the backlash. Good job in one sense for cleaning out the filth from public eye, but now we've funneled the internet trolls into anonymous comments on social media and on underground forums. ” Holy shit, I feel like I'm in the twilight…

• Quote from urnotlikeme: “I don't want to say this is what happens when you drive racists and sexists into underground internet societies, where they can hide and discuss their honest thoughts without judgement, but is it time we created dialogue with the 8channers and the 4channers and bring them out into the light? All this condemnation from behind the safety of our own computer screens has led us to this point. ” Underground? /r/The_Donald members cheered this on. This isn't underground anymor…

• Quote from goronmario: “pretty sure he was being sarcastic ” Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Quote from Big Daddy Biggles: “Quote from Viajero de la Galaxia: “you probably should be denied entry/deported just like ISIS fighters are automatically denied entry in many western countries. ” Unlike Canada where we apparently welcome them back with open arms and give them tons of tax payers money so they can continue to profit while the rest of us non-terrorist Canadians struggle to pay our bills. ” I literally searched what you said and it was almost immediately contradicted. And even if tha…

• Quote from Max N.: “Interesting! I know that Celtic cultures were once spread all across Europe (there's some very interesting connections between ancient Celtic myth and early Hindu myth, actually; similar names used for similar goddesses and concepts, etc). But I guess I wasn't really familiar with much of it except the Irish/Scottish/Welsh/Cornwallis varieties from later on. I was reading a book on Celtic myth and history 6ish months ago. Looks like I stopped before I got to the chapter on Br…

• Quote from Makuta Teridax: “Stop believing whatever shit Polygon or Kotaku spews out, they are fake news ” You do realize that it wasn't just Polygon or Kotaku that reported on this? Or is that fake news too? Is everything you disagree with Fake news too? Maybe you should reflect on that.

• Quote from Max N.: “Quote from Mozly Alice: “They won't because they never gave that kind of attention to Kalos either. Oops. ” I'd say it's SLIGHTLY more likely because the Celtic cultures of the British isles and their mythology, styles,and music are more broadly known internationally, and they DEFINITELY pop up in Japanese content a lot. Anime and JRPGs mine that stuff for symbolism and theming frequently. I am sad to admit that I know basically nothing about ancient culture in the France reg…

• It wasn't meant to. Just add clarification.

• Quote from BackSet-Chan: “Quote from Vulpes: “Anglo-Saxon, or Old English, was originally written with runes before the adoption of the Latin alphabet. ” No that's actually norse. Can't find the posts but somewhere on Bulbagarden someone made some match ups. ” Runic is a germanic thing that isn't exclusively Norse. Let's not forget that the Anglo, Saxon and Jutish tribes that settled (or rather conquered, it wasn't all that peaceful) England, originally lived in what is modern day Denmark. Furth…

• Quote from Sindre: “Quote from Mozly Alice: “They won't because they never gave that kind of attention to Kalos either. Oops. ” Actually, a key part of X and Y's story is that they were at war with another nation 3000 years ago. Since Kalos is based on France, the region they were fighting was most likely Galar (or a region based on Germany, but that does not exist yet). A reference to this, confirming that it was Kalos and Galar who were at war does not seem impossible in my opinion. ” That's n…

• Quote from Lady Sunshine: “This helped minimally. Thanks everyone! ” I can't wait to hear about the negative repercussions... ugh I mean... enjoy!

• Zelda Headcanons

Mozly Alice - - Theorizing

Quote from Violetlight: “Besides that, basing anything on Hyrule geography is about as futile as trying to create a non-contradictory Marvel Comics timeline, so yeah. I don't go there. ” Oh my god! It's not even the lack of consistency. BotW's Hyrule should be flooded because none of the rivers flow to the sea. New headcannon, the Golden Goddesses are magically teleporting the water somewhere to avoid Hyrule's inevitable flooding. Also they flooded a rival kingdom.

• Folk music is great, I also enjoy foreign music but I keep worrying that I've stepped into a cultural feud. Like "I like this song, kyrgyz music is great." "It literally means kill all uzbeks" "Oh." I doubt it will happen but yeah...

• The one thing that really bugs me with Galar region is based on Great Britain (the island). which is celtic and germanic. Will they do justice to the natives there? I won't get political but I don't think they will. I suppose I shouldn't even be bothering with it because it's just a kids game, I spent way too much time reading up on Cornish, Scottish and Welsh history to just let it slide. And I don't mean they should talk about that stuff, but if everyone is just English it's going to piss some…

• Quote from JPineapple: “TVTROPES IS BEST TO BRIWSE ” I mean, if you got the time. Otherwise oh my god where did all that time go!

• When I was twelve I took up playing the Ocarina because of OoT. I'm still sad it broke.

• Quote from Vulpes: “I wonder how much they'll charge for the Halo collection. Probably the full $60, hmm? I guess I'll have to wait for it to go on sale. ” The Master Chief Collection is on Gamepass but only Xbox One players can play it. Quote from Guinea: “I know modding is frowned upon by many, but I never gave a crap. I wish I could find a Mod Master who can take my Switch and slap Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts on it, AND Jet Set Radio Future. Those games on the go would be fan-freakin-tastic.…

• Quote from Pietro: “I watched Alita Battle Angel today and I really enjoyed it, my biggest issue was that the world building was kind of weak. I wanted to know more about the world and what happened to it, but it was kind of shallow and didn't give me enough. Apart from that a very enjoyable movie. ” I've been meaning to read the Manga, and I'm wondering if this is an issue with that too? Were you able to get used to Alita's big eyes?

• For the last few days I've been waking up at 11am. My circadian rhythm is working fine and it's screwing me over. Quote from Rambo: “Dreams where I lose teeth. They're usually the most vivid and take a while before I realize they're dreams. ” Ouch, for me it's dreams where you have to pee but either can't or you're unable to find a bathroom

• Quote from Pietro: “The college admissions scandal is interesting because the main reason people are so appalled by the scandal is that it violates the ideal some people have of the meritocracy. Those who were deserving of a space in a university based on their grades or athletic performance were passed over because rich families bribed their child's way into the school. Its the same reason some people give for hating affirmative action (and though a lot of it is racism I'm sure a lot of people …

• Quote from EzloSpirit: “@BackSet-Chan, you could always go the Bionicle route and smash together some syllables that sound awesome together. That's not even a joke; about twelve years ago, I met the author of many of the Bionicle books, Greg Farshtey, and I asked how LEGO comes up with the words and names in that universe! That only works if you're trying to name something that isn't rooted in real life, though. I should totally name my child "Wattopekda." ” Didn't they steal the words from the …

• The fact that the Propaganda Minister in Just Cause 3, is literally David Tennant. Here: youtube.com/watch?v=uxc-v4JUFgM

• Quote from Lady Sunshine: “Whooo hiatus! Next question! Are you living your life purpose — or still searching? ” Hmmm do I tap into my inner Nihilist or Absurdist? Nah, I'm still trying to define that.

• I finally beat Just Cause 3. The journey was definitely great, I hope I'll have as much fun with JC4 but, I'll wait for a sale... just in case.

• I'm almost done with Just Cause 3 so I decided to do things an interesting way... I don't know why I did this to my self, but I spent like thirty minutes to unlock a car. But I chose the most roundabout way to do it. I spent ten or so minutes driving the car to the nearest port, then drove it on boat which could only go 34 Knots. Then I spent ten minutes piloting the boat to another port. Disembarked from the boat drove to an airport, spawned a carrier jet. Loaded the car into the jet, took off …

• Quote from Sootfeather: “Quote from Setras: “Quite so, but we know crossovers between the universes is possible (since Link did it), so I prefer to lump the ancient tribe and Interlopers together. The arc and backstory are a bit more cohesive that way. ” Are you familiar with @gamtos explanation of the Hyrule Encyclopedia? This is more or less my view in regards to Termina’s location in the franchise. But even more so, @veraca findings about the similarities between Termina and the Surface from …

• Zelda Headcanons

Mozly Alice - - Theorizing

Quote from Kerest: “Quote from Okami Takahashi: “Got a new headcanon courtesy of Cornfox & Bros. The planet is called Gaia. Better than Aonuma's copout of "Earth" ” "Gaia," "Terra," "Earth," "Mannheimr," and "Midgardr" all pretty much mean the same thing. Why not Hyliaheimr? ” Hmmm, I think the other races would have something to say about that. I would rather if the people just called it their linguistic equivalent of "World" or something.

• youtube.com/watch?v=eo8S4Ond5h8 Welp I'll be listening to more Chansons from my heritage

• Quote from I)ragon: “I quite like Captain Marvel in the comics. I like that she is a mentally stable, smokin' power house, because there aren't that many stable top tier powerhouse woman in the comics. I like that Brie was kind of a fan casting and I think she did a good job. I was bothered, however, that the directors made such a big deal about her being the strongest character in the MCU. She may be one of the strongest in her binary form but she can't maintain that form for long, and even sti…