Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • @FoxHound‘s final pre-Brexit visit! It was a great week - we went bowling, visited the arcade, watched a football match together (I was an honourary supporter of Jeff’s team), played Harry Potter Cards Against Humanity, Guitar Hero and lots of Pokémon Go, and the main event, attended a charity gig by Muse in the Royal Albert Hall (because, if it wasn’t obvious by now, I’m a bit of a fan girl): (Hidden Content)

• Those glasses really suit you, JP! Hope you are doing well. Also loving the birthday pictures. We did an escape room for my birthday - we had to escape a serial killer, and part of the hour was spent locked in a prison cell with my husband and best friend, whilst the rest of our team tried to free us! We got out, though! Also had lunch at a nice restaurant called Cosy Club (quintessentially British!) before hitting the arcade and having a few cocktails at a bar. It was a good day. I don’t have m…

• New yet old

Katrielle - - Newbie Central

^^ Link’s Awakening is the first ever Zelda game I played. I remember my mum going out to get me Pokemon Blue (it was around the time that the craze was really kicking off), but they were out of stock, so she came home with Zelda instead. Cue an obsession I’ve had ever since! It’s also true that I only finished it quite recently, as I got stuck at Eagle’s Tower many years ago and then got engrossed in Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword before returning to it! It’s m…

• So glad to hear that you are ok, DLR. I hope you are getting plenty of rest and being thoroughly spoilt. We’re all looking forward to seeing you around when you’re ready. You’re awesome.

• Obligatory wedding essay! I must have jinxed things earlier, because not long after I made my previous post, our photos came through. I've enjoyed looking back at them tonight and reflecting on our day. My husband and I tied the knot on Saturday, 2nd June in a traditional church ceremony, followed by a reception at a country manor near my home town, which is situated by the river. It was a stunning venue, and we were so lucky to spend the most important day of our lives there. In typical British…

• New yet old

Fellow lurker here! It must have been 4 or 5 years before I finally created an account. I'm sure you'll fit in nicely here, but if you have any questions, as others have said - don't hesitate to ask! Do you have a favourite Zelda game?

• Slightly belated congratulations, @GregariousTree! What kind of music are you into? If you could see one band live, who would it be?

• @Skywing I'm good, thanks! Settling into married life - I can't believe it has already been 6 weeks! I've been wanting to put some photos on here to share with you guys, but unfortunately we haven't had the professional ones back yet. Fingers crossed it won't be too long now, as the wait is killing me! I really do need to be more active on here again... I hope things are good with you?

• ^^ Another one here playing Octopath Traveler. I haven't had much of a chance to play it yet - I'm about 2.5 hours in and playing Ophilia as my main character, though I've just added Cyrus to my party. As a huge fan of turn-based RPGs, I'm really enjoying it so far. It has some resemblance to Bravely Default, without being too similar. I also love the retro graphical style.

• @Dark Link Reigns I remember my time on staff with you, and you are, as @Lady Sunshine says, a wonderful and kind person. I don't know your circumstances, but I hope and pray that the surgery goes well and that you make a speedy recovery. Sending you a big hug.

• Thanks, everyone. @Lady Sunshine, my target is 119 (I’m 5ft 3, so it translates to a BMI of 21), and I’ve made peace with the fact I won’t achieve it before the wedding (and we’re doing a minimoon, so I’ll probably put on a fair bit), but I’d like to get there before our honeymoon, likely to be sometime next year. @Winnie loving the custom rank! Your encouragement has really helped. My family haven’t exactly been kind at times (my parents are pretty small without any effort), so reading the nice…

• Congratulations, @Kae! Looks like the perfect day, and you’re beautiful! Also loving the sunset photo.

• Got my 2 stone award yesterday - so happy! I’ve now lost 29lb in total. My current weight is 134.5lb, so firmly in the healthy weight bracket for my height. I suspect my hen weekend in a couple of weeks’ time is going to hit me hard, but I’m going to enjoy it, and be extra good the rest of the time!

• Thanks, guys - means a lot. I went to weigh in this morning - another 2lb down. That’s 27lb in total - so very nearly two stone! People are telling me how slim I’m looking, and I’m finally starting to believe them. I was looking through some photos a while ago, trying to give myself a boost, as I’ve felt like giving up a lot lately as the losses have slowed. The difference is between November and a couple of weeks ago. U0LySgn.jpg ZlPQuP1.jpg

• Thank you, @Winnie! I'm dreadful when it comes to getting a good night's sleep, so I shall make that a priority. I'm not usually up early enough to exercise in the morning haha, so hopefully sleeping better will help with that as well. I've heard of a diet (can't remember for the life of me what it's called, but frequently browsing wedding forums for solutions to my weight struggles brought me to it) where you have some grapefruit every morning like you said, so there must be some merit to it.

• I've been lurking here a bit, rather than posting lately - however, I just wanted to say that I'm still plugging away at the diet and I'm now 25 pounds down. I'm managing to fit into a few size 10 dresses now, and I'm really happy. Unfortunately, I've plateaued, which is incredibly frustrating when I still have over a stone to go. I've tried low-carbing it and upping my exercise, but nothing seems to be working. I'm hugging the very top end of the healthy BMI range for my height, so I'd really l…

• She's Alive!

Welcome! Also, great choice of game and sidekick - Midna is one of my favourite characters in the franchise, too.

• I gained half a pound this week. Not really sure what I did wrong, which makes it a bit upsetting, but at least it’s not disastrous. I’m still 20 pounds down. I bought a size twelve (US eight) dress yesterday and everything I tried on in that size fitted, so I’m really happy! I’d like to lose at least another 7 pounds, but I’m content with my weight now, and that’s what’s important.

• ^^ Aww, bless you . That means a lot! It was quite an emotional day for all of us. One of my bridesmaids shed a happy tear when she saw her hair. Our makeup and hair people are brilliant - we were offered chocolate cake and tea as soon as we turned up and it was so informal, relaxed and lovely. I’m more confident that my nerves will be calmed a bit on the day, thanks to some awesome people. My bridesmaids have been great and I’m currently looking forward to (and nervously anticipating!) my hen d…

• I had my hair and make-up trial on Wednesday and I’m positively bursting to show you guys, as I’m trying to keep the details secret from most people IRL (excuse the no make up in the first photo): fYKkro0.jpg 7zNMSqN.jpg 1vnfFpS.jpg

• New Kid on the Block

Been here since 2013 and I keep coming back! It’s certainly addictive, but in a good way - some of the nicest people I’ve met (some IRL) come from this community. You seem to have settled in already, but if you ever need anything, feel free to message me! Another warning: be prepared for some random questions if you ask for the clan test. The best strategy is to try not to second guess your answers. I took the test, but I’ve always been very happy with where I was placed. Have fun!

• Hi all!

Hi there @spider920 and welcome! If you want to talk games besides Zelda, our ‘General Gaming’ board is a great place to start! Hope you have fun here!

• Just popping in to say hi ~ It’s been a while! H896t8M.jpg Ollie also says hello (this photo was taken about a month ago, but you know how it is with cats and boxes - he doesn’t want to part with it)! 6us9c3o.jpg

• Another 1.5 pounds tonight, so 20.5 pounds overall! I’m approaching the halfway mark and people are commenting on how much slimmer I look. I’m also going to have to buy smaller jeans soon. It’s what I call a ‘non-scale victory’. One thing I’m not too happy with is my arms. If anyone has any exercises that help with toning (even better if it can be done at home), I’d really appreciate it if you have any tips!

• Hi there! I’ve been a bit inactive on here the past few weeks, but thought I’d check in! I’m now 19 pounds down and, whilst I still have some way to go, I’m gradually getting the old ‘me’ back. 3 months today until I tie the knot - I’ve accepted I’m not going to be anywhere near my target weight, but I’m going to give it a good try!

• I’ve gone over a month without alcohol as well (New Year’s Day was my last drink). Not missing it anywhere near as much as I expected to, and I’m tempted to give it up until my target weight is closer in sight - only a couple of months until my dress fitting and another 11 pounds to drop! I do want to lose more than that, but I need to be that weight to fit into the dress, so anything else is a bonus. It sounds like you’re really disciplined, @Lady Sunshine. We can do this!

• I have Lego and Beatles Rock Band on order. Can’t wait!

• I’m currently playing Guitar Hero 5, but I do have Live as well.

• I’m in a Guitar Hero mood at the moment. After 100%ing Plug In Baby on Medium, I’ve decided to finally make the jump to Hard difficulty. Boy, did it kick my butt at first. But, I’ve finished a handful of songs (I think my highest accuracy was 96%), after my fair share of getting booed off the stage. Any hints would be appreciated. I’ve heard it’s best to have your ‘root position’ with your pinky over the orange key, as it’s easier to stretch with your index finger to the green, but then I do hav…

• I weighed in tonight and achieved a 2lb loss. I’m pleased with that - I even resisted cake and pudding at my fiancé’s birthday meal at the weekend! That makes 12 and a half pounds gone forever. I really want to get my stone award next week and I’m feeling very focused. I may have taken the scenic route, but the final destination is still in sight.

• Quote from Takanuva: “I'm afraid of deep water and ocean waves because I nearly drowned and had a near death experience in a waterpark. ” I confess I’ve tried to get out of swimming when being asked by people, for this precise reason. I’m sorry it happened to you as well.

• So, this happened at group last night: 7JeBwvd.jpg This award is given to people for having the biggest overall loss that week, plus either losing weight or maintaining the previous week. I was genuinely shocked, as there were some huge losses in group last night (one woman lost 5.5lb, but gained the week before). It’s the first time I’ve won it since 2015, so I’m really happy! I lost 2.5lb this week, taking my total weight loss back to 10.5lb (and into the next stone bracket). I’ve finally got …

• Hi there

Hello there! Good to have you here. What’s your favourite Zelda game?

• What's up

Another Brit here - welcome! As others have said, we’re a really welcoming community and I’m sure you’ll find a home here. Be sure to check out the clans at some point. They really helped me settle in.

• Quote from Winnie: “Hey guys! I lost 3 lbs over the past week barely trying! I went from 114 to 111 woo hoo. Now I mostly just have to turn fat into muscle.. alchemists can do that right? ” That’s amazing! You must be really pleased, and rightfully so. I lost 1.5lb this week, so 8lb overall. I’m still pleased with that, considering that a) it straddled Christmas and b) I stayed to group, even though I felt overwhelmed in a room of strangers, and managed to say more than a couple of sentences whe…

• Currently being destroyed at Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Brothers Wii U by the fiancé (well, 3-2 so far at the latter, to be fair). I need to learn to pull off extended drift boosts. Not making any tangible mistakes and using items strategically when given the chance isn’t enough any more, lol.

• That was interesting to read - I might start posting some of my own food diaries on here to keep on track. Edit: Here is today’s: Breakfast: Two slices of wholemeal toast with Marmite spread, no butter. Two satsumas. Lunch: Slimming World chicken tikka masala (made with fat free yoghurt), Basmati rice, carrots, broccoli and sweetcorn. Supper: Grilled salmon fillet with new potatoes (no butter) and salad. I didn’t really snack today, but when I do, I try to reach for fruit if I’ve already used my…

• You’re not alone! I confess that, whilst I might seem innocent on the exterior, I’m an expert at playing the most tasteless hands in Cards Against Humanity. I also sometimes even have trouble reading out the black question card, for lack of being able to stop laughing.

• I’ve just finished the last case of ‘Katrielle and the Millionaires’ Conspiracy’ and realised what the time is! Oops.

• @Chel I really enjoyed it - a great mix of old and new, whilst not losing that ‘90s vibe throughout. All the old zones have been redone, so you get a different experience, as you’ve probably seen already. Best Sonic game since the Mega Drive days, in my opinion. I want to play it again, when I’ve made a dent in some of my backlog. I reckon it’s one of my most played titles on the Switch. It’s also fun to play co-op with a friend, or take it in turns with zones, as we’ve done.