Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 148.
  • LGBTQIA+ Visibility/Chat Thread

Hide - - General Chit-Chat

I'd like to think I'm somewhere on the asexual spectrum, too. I don't understand what "sexual attraction" really implies and regardless of how many times I've read about it or had someone explain their feelings about it, it just doesn't click with me intuitively. I don't view other people in that regard either, and if I am attracted to someone, it's usually in the sense of appreciating their aesthetic or acknowledging that they're physically attractive - but there's really no sexual component th…

• How Are You Saving Money?

I think the biggest one for me is that I have no student loans and entirely pay for my college education (outside of a scholarship I have) - it's a pain to do sometimes and I work extra hours but the fact that I'm gonna graduate without owing a dime to my college.. I can't even put into words the kind of relief I get from that. I want to go to grad school, but I really don't want to go into debt so I don't know how I'm going to navigate that one. I drive a 97 Chevy Blazer that is totally mine, d…

• Kind of hard to say but probably Ginko from Mushishi. tumblr_inline_n3m83wXJMK1r5ivy8.jpg He's a wanderer, relatively calm, if in his own head a bit too much. He takes a very blunt, to-the-point attitude to everyone (which I can be like/relate with when I'm working) and doesn't mince words. He's also very in tune with his surroundings and what's going on around him. Bit of a loner type, though again, sociable enough to get by.

• Health/Fitness/Wellness 2018!

Been going to the gym consistently for almost 5 weeks now - try to do two days and rest, which has been working out pretty well for me so far. I weight about the same, +/- 2 pounds but I feel much stronger and I can definitely see it now. I really wish I took a picture when I first started, but I just took one yesterday to use for comparisons. It's gonna suck when classes start back up for me because I don't know how much gym time I can manage to squeeze in, because I really want to keep going.

• What Pleases You? Volume 2!

Had a good workout this morning and reached some PRs I set last week (weighted pullups and 20 consecutive pullups) All the exercise makes me way hungrier though, but I'm treating myself to some sushi later. yeee

• tw animal death (Hidden Content)

• Post Your Desktop: Version VII~

phOa1nl.png

Pride was pretty good, I'm glad I pushed through my anxieties (social, mainly). Lots of venders/booths, met with people from the forest service and different environmental agencies/groups which was suuuuper cool since they talked about being lgbt in those careers and how open/protective they are (since I'm planning on a career/working in those sectors). Even though it doesn't apply to me, I felt really happy learning that the US Forest Service offers healthcare that covers transgender care in fu…

Going to Pride in about an hour. Already feel pretty anxious about it browsing through different Instagram posts of people already there- doesn't seem super busy yet, but it's very vibrant. And regarding LGB and T, ultimately it will not help to differentiate groups of gender identity from sexual orientation because discrimination will still exist regardless. Homophobes and transphobes do not have logical reasons for discriminating, so even if we made it easier for them to understand that the tw…

• Hiking

Planning on hitting up the Sandia Mountains next month if I get a weekend to - I love New Mexico. It's hiking paradise, along side Colorado (but I haven't been able to see it as much)

• It really depends on the weather and my mood... hot coffee is great in the morning, same with a nice cup of hot tea at night before bed. I like iced coffee/tea during the afternoon most of the time. Cold brew is amazing on a hot, sunny afternoon.

Pushed through some anxiety and self doubt and bought a ticket for Pride on Saturday

Like groups separate of pride that are composed of lgbt+ people? Maybe, I can try looking around. It's just that as a whole I don't feel like I belong in the community itself lol

Never been to a pride event but I might go to my city's next weekend. Feel kind of anxious about it, plus I'd be going by myself. I guess a lot of it is because I don't really feel a part of the 'community' so I'm afraid of feeling isolated at pride.

• My alarm app, definitely. It's saved me so many times...I don't think I've used a conventional alarm clock in over 5 years? Also have a gym app that helps me get into a routine, try different exercises, etc. And lastly, iNaturalist. It's an app that identifies biota (flora, fauna) around you via taking pictures, adding GPS/geographical location, and submits the photos into a database where biologists or hobbyists from all around the world can help identify the plant you found, or maybe the cool …

• Yep.. I'm addicted to Stardew Valley. The soundtrack alone is incredible.

• Hiking

Thanks! I think people are pretty quick to assume the southwest US is just desert. There's a lot of greenery here, a lot of forest land, too. Taos even gets snow in the winter, same with some parts of Arizona. There's way more biodiversity and land diversity here than what most likely expect.

• Hiking

Recent trip into Taos, NM (Hidden Content)

• I bought Stardew Valley for Switch last night, waiting until the weekend so I can just absorb myself into the game haha. I'm super excited to see what all the hype is about.

• Hiking

Hiking is one of my favorite hobbies/pastimes. I loved hiking as a kid, growing up in a rural area surrounded by forests, untouched land, etc. I also really like camping, but I don't get to camp nearly as often. I've done land surveying work and internships for the Forest Service, along with research work which required hiking as part of my job, and those opportunities have hands-down been the best experiences I've had. During the semester I don't get as much opportunity to hike, but I try every…

• Programming interests me but it's been difficult to motivate myself to get into it, at least learning new ones. I learned/taught myself Python years ago which is about the only language I can really work with (specifically BioPython, which helped me get the job I'm in right now). I worked with (Bio) Ruby briefly, and I have HTML/CSS experience just from being a kid on the internet who used to customize people's social media pages and forum stuff for them. I do a lot of GIS stuff but not so much …

• TriEdge67 close

Yeah, like sheep.

Quote from Oracle of Truth: “Quote from Hide: “I kinda find it funny but in a totally ignorant, not-really-funny at all way hearing or reading from people who just 'don't get it' and never bother to open their mind or be empathetic and actually listen. If me, cis guy who grew up in the sticks and didn't know anything about LGBT topics or even truly about myself until my late teens, can get it, there's really no reason why someone actually can't, though I think sometimes a lot of it is feigning i…

I'm largely invisible in terms of my sexuality so I don't deal with it personally, though I 'came out' to someone recently and they thought I was joking, so similar feelings and thoughts applied. It's just the erasure part really gets under my skin, because it took me years to come to terms with myself and accept it and actually feel secure, just to be shot down the minute I vocalize it to the world. Like all of my pain and grieving before acceptance isn't real because I'm 'in denial' or.. whate…

The "you're not bi until I see you with someone of the same gender" dilemma/issue drives me nuts, and even then you're just seen as gay. That's the worst part about being bisexual, for me. Straight people think you just don't want to admit you're gay, or you're seeking attention. Gay people think you're just pretending. If you finally settle down with someone, you've "chosen a side".

• Quote from TruEdge67: “Give P2 a chance as well if you haven't. It may be a bit clunky and dated, but it has a really good story. It actually has my favorite story in the series. I'd kill for an updated version with P5's graphics and gameplay. ” I'm really interested in the early games despite how dated they might be, but I'm less bothered by that stuff considering I still play PS1/2 era games pretty regularly. I dunno I wanna get to all of the main personas since I only have experience with P4 …

• The OST has actually been a big factor into me wanting to play it. I've actually been listening to it for years, without really acknowledging the game itself.

• I have really been loving P4 Golden, enough that it might, ever so slightly, beat out P5 for my favorite Persona. All of the P3 talk makes me wanna get into that next, finally

• Kind of losing my interest in BOTW as time goes on. It's still a great game, but I feel largely aimless, simultaneously overwhelmed with the number of sidequests I've got backlogged. I'm thinking about splurging on Monster Hunter World, but we'll see.

• If I could, I'd visit New Zealand in a heartbeat. Same goes for Germany.

• It's gonna take me a bit but I started Hunter x Hunter yesterday

I got a raise at work today, making $3 more per hour which is crazy. My supervisor has been really impressed with my work so it feels super nice, but I'm still shocked lol. Guess that hard work was worth it?

• When I say replay undertale I mean going back and doing genocide

• I had that Junes jingle stuck in my head for the longest time and now it's back loool I loved Undertale. I've been itching to replay it since it's one of those games that's comforting, in an obscure way.

• I had an 8am class on Wednesday, the same morning we were having a major snowstorm and already had 3-5 inches of snow from the night before. My university never cancels classes, we never even got a delay though we really... really should have. Anyway, I consider myself a cautious driver, and at one point I lost control and spun out in the middle of the highway even though I was only going 10mph. Needless to say I did get to campus without being in an accident, but I had close calls along the way…

A couple things that've occurred since the past week: (Hidden Content)

• Shyness? How do you survive?

I just wanted to say that I struggle with social anxiety - to the point where I struggle even posting online. So, even these small posts I that happen to make, took me some conscious effort to actually submit because I have a huge tendency to erase everything I write and put it out there. It's kind of a double-edged sword, online interactions, because while I get the time to think things out before I post them, there's also more permanence in posting to the internet, whereas my social blunders i…

• I love the detail of Minish Cap. It probably has some of my favorite 2D artwork in any game. While not exactly "iconic," the Katsuya Terada concept art is some of my favorite concept art of all time: the_legend_of_zelda_a_link_to_the_past_conceptart_Fjeql.jpg (Hidden Content)

• I drive a 1997 Chevrolet C/K 150 right now. My first car was an Chevy s10 Blazer (with a 5-Speed NV3500 manual transmission) of the same year haha. I love driving, even though I was scared out of my wits when I first learned, and I learned how to drive on a manual (and MUCH prefer manual cars to automatic). I actually stalled out in the middle of the highway which put me off driving for a while until my dad took me out again, and I eventually got used to it and ended up loving it. I drove Highwa…