Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • Quote from UndyingNephalim: “Quote from Cajbaj: “If your perception of reality is greatly harmed because an extremely famous IP was licensed to an indie studio that must have been foaming at the mouth to pour their hearts into the project, then maybe you need to have a little less blinding "brand loyalty" and a little more empathy. ” Perhaps I just get annoyed when I pour 15 years into a project, branded as someone who has ruined the Zelda series with his work, and then some tiny studio from out…

• Quote from Vulpes: “Quote from Cajbaj: “But what I'm appalled about is the idea that this is somehow a bad thing. For the developers this is a dream come true, Nintendo never gives out their IP like this. The game looks good. It probably is good, given that it's just "Good game with Zelda stuff". Literally why would anyone be mad about that. ” I don't want a good game with Zelda stuff. I want a good Zelda game with Zelda stuff. ” Then you'll just have to wait because there's no way in hell Ninte…

• You guys have clearly never played Crypt of the Necrodancer. It's stupid fun and unique as all hell. The strong emphasis on positioning fits well for Zelda I feel, just look how natural that Spin Attack looked. But what I'm appalled about is the idea that this is somehow a bad thing. For the developers this is a dream come true, Nintendo never gives out their IP like this. The game looks good. It probably is good, given that it's just "Good game with Zelda stuff". Literally why would anyone be m…

• What the actual hell is this timeline. Nintendo never licenses shit and then they look at an indie studio and say "Hey do a sequel to that only but it's one of our biggest IP's". Boy I'm excited

• Quote from Mirren: “Quote from Max N.: “Quote from JPineapple: “How does everyone feel about the possibility of a dragon wuest chatwctrr being one ? Supposedly it’s the hero of 3. None of my friends weren’t too happy with the idea lol ” It would be an absolute killer choice for the Japanese fanbase. Dragon Quest is immensely important to gaming culture over there. Almost nobody outside Japan would love it, but that hasn't stopped Nintendo in the past (as it shouldn't).My problem with main Dragon…

• Divine Beast Appreciation Thread

Cajbaj - - Modern Zelda

Quote from Zeldaisthebest!: “Just got to the dlc one the other night and have not beaten it yet but it seems way harder then the 4 main ones do. Kind of stuck on it right now not really sure like what in the heck I am supposed to do. Watching basketball right now may try to beat it after this. Did any one else find the dlc one to be a lot harder? ” It is called "The Final Challenge", isn't it?

• Divine Beast Appreciation Thread

Cajbaj - - Modern Zelda

They gave us this video. youtu.be/Wr36DAR6IvM No really though, I always wanted an ancient abandoned theme AND colossal beings in Zelda, so Zords are a literal dream come true for me. Boarding them is badass. The puzzles are super creative. They're just out there in the world, which is just incredible. God I love these things.

• or Maxwell Lmaooo. Don't give me that "He's not flat", all the sprites are clearly paper models with bobby pin joints

• if they really went all out i could see a bunch of Maxwell's playable siblings being alt skins. But I basically want that for like everyone, and that's a shizload of models.

• Dude speaking of Koroks. I've heard people say that Koroks are "repetitive", but honestly, I'm 100% positive those people are just unobservant. Why do I say that? Because this game has been out for 2 YEARS and I've played it for SEVERAL HUNDRED HOURS and I'm still finding new Koroks that I'd never seen before. How is that even a thing. Recently I discovered ones that launch a rock into the air that you have to find and shoot, and ones where there are 3 trees (but I won't spoil the answer). The o…

• Quote from gamtos: “Making Marin blonde may have been heresy, but Katsuya definitely made her an island waifu dream girl I mean, daaang ” I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out. But to be fair it's a pretty similar tone to DX and it's redder than Link's.

• Quote from BackSet-Chan: “And yet he's one of the characters I have the easiest times beating with Kirby. ” Matchups you have an easy time with =/= matchups that are favorable overall. Quote from gamtos: “Well, as has been said in the thread numerous times, matchups are ultimately not that big of a deal unless you're playing at top level, and even then they're not make-or-break. Even top tier players have matchups they don't know as well, which is also a factor. ” I have a super hard time beatin…

• Quote from BackSet-Chan: “I look at that and start thinking of a million ways Kirby could smash Olimar to bits and then realize "wait, that would only work in Smash 4 where Kirby is a badass. ” Kirby's still garbage in smash 4. But that's OK. Kirby has some cheesy moves that are total garbage but easy for beginners to use, and multiple jumps. Like @Foo said, he feels like Kirby and is good for beginners and that's OK. But Kirby has like 2 good matchups, and Olimar is one of them, haha. Thought t…

• The Nintendo Switch

Cajbaj - - General Gaming

I have this weird complaint about newer Rune Factory games, but hear me out. I played a lot of RF2 as a kid, and RF4 when it came out, and the biggest difference to me is the combat. RF4's combat has these absurdly fast anime combos all the time, and it feels really good to hit stuff because they slam into walls and stuff like that. Whereas RF2's combat is extremely methodical, almost Dark Souls-esque. Each attack has to be well-placed and patient, and you can only adventure for so long in a giv…

• Zelda Headcanons

Cajbaj - - Theorizing

I basically headcanoned all of Colacatinthehat's Zelda's Diary comic, because as far as I can tell it lines up pretty much perfectly with what I've observed. Though Link seems a little too... sane, in my opinion, haha. The comic can be found here. It's quite short and the art is great, so give it a read.

• Tabletop RPGs

Honestly when I started D&D If someone had just explained how Actions work and how everything is either an ability check, attack roll, or saving throw, I would have done a lot better. Throwing people into it only really works if they understand what a turn IS and how to use it. In other news, I stopped running my West Marches a while back due to mental illness, but I've been working on another one. This one I think I'm going to provide for free online for people to steal stuff from. When it's do…

• The Nintendo Switch

Quote from Vulpes: “Quote from Please Understand: “Quote from Vulpes: “You know, sometimes it feels like every decision Nintendo has made in the last 10 years has been specifically designed to irritate me. ” To be honest, from our interactions here, I feel you have very narrow range of things that you like, and that is the problem, rather than Nintendo.Don't get me wrong, it is not necessarily bad to have a very defined taste, but it certainly doesn't make it easy to like a variety of things. ” …

• Quote from John: “am a bit surprised by how much hate the art is getting. It was definitely weird at first, especially Link's face, but it's really grown on me astonishingly quickly. I wonder if the first half of the trailer being...pretty much right out of the original game, only with more detail and animation, made the transition more jarring. ” Came here to say this. I'm surprised with how many people say the visuals look weird, because A. They have the same proportions as the original Link's…

• The Nintendo Switch

Fire Emblem is unbelievably disappointing for me. I was expecting something as bad as Fates and yet I got something that I dislike even more. I'm sure a lot of the fans will like it, but... I keep losing franchises I love to shit I don't like, and if it's selfish to be disappointed about it, then I'm selfish. At least we got Rune Factory 5, eventuallyTM

• Zeldafy other games!

Cajbaj - - Future Zelda

Super Paper Mario is a stupidly underrated game folks

• (BotW) Got Bored of Master Mode

Cajbaj - - Modern Zelda

Quote from gamtos: “Just as hard I think, probably easier due to more chests spawning. ” Most chests don't have guardian parts in them. But farming for guardian parts is a bit harder in Master Mode due to one of the few really good changes: Master Mode guardians will mix up the timing of their lasers to make parrying and dodging harder. Really good change, because it's more than just "has more health and does more damage".

• Quote from ich Will: “@Cajbaj Like 'Raj' but with the 'R' replaced? Like the last three letters of the word 'massage' ” nah, kinda like "cabbage" but with a J in it. "Caj" like "Cat" with a J and "Baj" the same way.

• The Nintendo Switch

Three Houses looks like it's going to shake up the formula quite a bit. Diagonal movement, magic and arts being commands like in SoV instead of % activation, advance wars-y troop elements... But it looks like the main character is still a self-insert. That's a big nono from me, dawg. I thought Robin was passable, but would've been so much better if they weren't a self-insert. It just cheapens the games so much. I keep forgetting it exists because they never talk about it lol. I hope to Naga that…

• K get this folks. Caj... Baj.

Cajbaj - - Modern Zelda

Quote from MVS: “@Cajbaj Any kind of source that backs up that Silver and Golden enemies drop the same things as often? That doesn't line up with my experience at all. Is it just what you believe or has Nintendo actually said anything about it? ” I mean no, but all gold enemies drop all the same gemstones as silver ones at roughly the same rate such that I didn't notice the difference in my full playthrough. I've actually gotten more star fragment drops from silver lynels than gold ones.

• Played Stick Fight: The Game with some friends tonight. Total blast, would recommend, it's like 3 bucks. Also played the crap out of Smash Ultimate's now-multiplayer Spirit Board, which has quickly become my favorite way to play that game with friends. I'm also watching Wakfu. Pretty alright. Really weird and just throws you right into it, and the characters are kind of iffy so far, but it's a fun romp and I enjoy seeing just how far they push the flash animation medium.

Cajbaj - - Modern Zelda

Quote from MVS: “Quote from Cajbaj: “Quote from MVS: “I am salty that the golden enemies are behind a paywa... ehm I mean the "Master Mode", since they drop better stuff, and that I don't mind more HP in itself (even if that also is kind of flawed to some extent considering the breakable equipment), but I really despise regenerating health, especially in a game like BotW. Fine if the regenerate if you leave the battle and come back, but not DURING it. It is stupid and not fun. Yes I have access …

Cajbaj - - Modern Zelda

Quote from MVS: “I am salty that the golden enemies are behind a paywa... ehm I mean the "Master Mode", since they drop better stuff, and that I don't mind more HP in itself (even if that also is kind of flawed to some extent considering the breakable equipment), but I really despise regenerating health, especially in a game like BotW. Fine if the regenerate if you leave the battle and come back, but not DURING it. It is stupid and not fun. Yes I have access to the DLC/Master Mode, it still is a…

• Quote from Jackos: “This kills the zero to death, right? ” That's correct. I like how they took away Ness's up air and gave it to a goddamn plant.

• Quote from Canyarion: “Quote from Cajbaj: “I don't know if you live in a different country or something, but blue down arrows are bad and orange up arrows are good. That's pretty ubiquitous. They use the same symbols to show type effectiveness in battles if that wasn't already evident enough by cultural awareness. ” What does "cultural awareness" have to do with it?? What are you implying? They slap some arrows on pictures in places where you don't expect arrows. Are we supposed to be psychic an…

• Quote from Canyarion: “It's arrows to indicate if Spirits will be more or less efficient during the gym and exploration missions. We assume they get experience faster or bring back more reweards. Did you ever wonder why one spirit gets a lot of experience from a mission and the other hardly any? That is it. They only show up when selecting Spirits for those things. Not for battles, so it has nothing to do with the battle triangle. ” I don't know if you live in a different country or something, b…

• Quote from Canyarion: “For a long time I wondered what all the different symbols and icons means for Spirits. There's no explanation at all, as far as I know. I think I figured it out by now, but I wish I knew earlier. ” I've heard a lot of people struggled with spirits, but I thought it was about as intuitive as it could get. The only thing I ever got confused about was summoning. Obviously if there's a better way that made people struggle less that would be great, I'm just not sure what there …

• Zeldafy other games!

Cajbaj - - Future Zelda

I think an isometric puzzle game like Lara Croft Go would be pretty fitting.

• Quote from gamtos: “Fight CPUs is all about cheese though. ” The CPU's are better this time around but I still feel like the difficulty mostly comes from their frame-1 reaction times, which makes using them for practice completely worthless. Which sucks, because my internet is pretty bad.

• Quote from Guinea: “Anyone know where to farm Ancient Battle Axes and Guardian Shields? They make Link look so cool and I need a bunch. ” Guardians in Test of Strength shrines respawn with the Blood Moon.

• Quote from Evran_Speer: “Quote from MVS: “Right, I think that "trick" wasn't intentional by the Zeldateam haha. It just sounds too simple. They should have made the "wall" higher. ” Probably. I assumed it wouldn't work, and was actually pretty impressed when it did. I've seen it used in other unlikely places, too, like completing the Magnesis tutorial shrine without actually using Magnesis, so they seem to have been only accounting for normal jumps for the most part. ” Once you get used to doing…

• Quote from BackSet-Chan: “I figured he was crying because this is the only way he can be in Smash. ” youtu.be/cFcsTb0PTYY I reently found out that Gamebanana usually doesn't allow model swaps because they're "Low effort". That's real dumb. We get 10,000 palette swaps that look worse than the official ones but they don't allow mods that basically let you play as other characters?

• @BackSet-Chan if you're actually interested in why the meta is like it is, saying "Well I experienced this, so why is X generally accepted?" Isn't the way you go about learning. A better way would be lurking on smashboards, learning matchups and why they are the way they are, etc. Or at the very least ask higher skill players with respect that they know more about high skill play. Different tiers of play have different characters as being better than others, and at high tier play there's never j…

• Quote from gamtos: “Pit and Dark Pit's differences are so minimal, they've been the same tier throughout nearly all of SSB4's existence. If I had to rank how "clone-y" characters are, Pittoo would be low A-tier, with Daisy, Richter and Dark Samus a smidge higher, and S-tier would be "characters" like Alf and the Koopalings. ” Yeah but the difference is there. Still doesn't count as a "mirror match" imo. Dark Samus should actually be with Dark Pit due to her different shield, rolls being slightly…

• Quote from BackSet-Chan: “wait. Would an echo match (character v their echo) count as a mirror match? ” Not technically, but if they're exactly the same I'd count it. And I mean exactly the same. Roy vs Chrom is not a mirror match because their swords are different. Pit vs Dark Pit isn't a mirror match because they have 2 attacks that are slightly different. Peach vs Daisy is a mirror match because they're exactly the same character in every way. So only Daisy and Richter I would count as mirror…