Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.
  • Up for grabs

• Seems neat, I'd possibly give it a chance if I had a Switch. The visuals remind me of The Minish Cap, kinda makes me want a new 2D Zelda with that look.

• Majora's Mask? Blizzeta?

• @FroyoClaus Damn, that is messed up. I hope you do everything you possibly can to reduce the risk of something like that happening again. Like always leaving together with the teachers?

• Count me in as one of the people you can talk to if you need to.

• Do You Want Shrines to Return?

ich Will - - Future Zelda

I believe that they play a part in motivating the player to explore because there's so many of them and because you can see their glow from far away, so I hope that they can still achieve that somehow if they're going to remove them.

• Hey now, at least that's plenty of calories saved.

• Yeto or Yeta

• Tips for breath of the wild ?

ich Will - - Modern Zelda

Maybe you could try using a nearby shrine as a motivator, that's what I did and it kept motivating me to explore. Assuming you also plan on doing the shrine (or at least activating it so you can teleport there). Doesn't have to be limited to just shrines of course, it can be anything you see in the distance that catches your interest.

• Tips for breath of the wild ?

ich Will - - Modern Zelda

Maybe you're bored because you already know what you will find? Or because you're just not into all that exploration. What I did was treat the exploration as a side thing while always keeping the main quest in mind. I'm the kind of person that gets distracted easily so a game like BotW allowed me to act on those impulses just fine. Maybe you don't get distracted easily?

• Quote from GodHimself: “Quote from ich Will: “If you wish to boycott THQ Nordic's games on Steam, this might help: imgur.com/a/pNlgwde Edit: This might also help - a List of games that THQ Nordic is publishing (source): (Hidden Content) You might think that their innocent developers don't deserve to be punished, and I agree with that, but I think it's mostly the actions of the people at the top that are doing so. Can't exactly place all the blame on customers for that. ” Wait a minute... persona…

• I think deplatforming these people is the way to go. It's worked since the end of WWII, hasn't it? It's just that in recent years people like Trump have been sending worldwide signals that this shit is ok, and people like him continue to do so, even right after the recent mass-shooting. That and the internet connects people to a previously unheard of level, and social media is obviously a factor as well. What if they'd go one step further and also shut down places like 8chan and so forth where t…

• If you wish to boycott THQ Nordic's games on Steam, this might help: imgur.com/a/pNlgwde The same applies for Deep Silver, which as far as I'm aware are owned by THQ Nordic. Edit: This might also help - a list of games that THQ Nordic is publishing (source): (Hidden Content) You might say that their developers don't deserve to be punished, and I agree with that, but I think it's mostly the actions of the people at the top that are to blame for that. I don't think you can place all the blame on c…

• What's your song of the week?

ich Will - - Entertainment

New song with LP's late Chester Bennington: youtube.com/watch?v=4KdCEg7I8A0 Not sure how new the song is, but the video was uploaded just eight days ago

• I was gonna say, saying best FPS and no mention of Perfect Dark? I was never really that much into Halo, though I had the first two games and beat them so I definitely gave them a chance. Might get in on this collection though if it's going to be on Steam. Edit: Actually my PC probably isn't good enough...

• CAPTION! That Screenshot! II

ich Will - - General Zelda

Eat your heart out Bowsette, 'cause here comes Lynelda

I went ahead and checked those out, Ty. I like the lyrics but it's hard for me to let go of their older aggressive sound.

youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4 I had stopped listening to Disturbed long ago and thought their cover of this song would just be okay, but this shit is more than good. Granted it's been out for two years now but I only now gave it chance. @Aurelia I used to bump that song a lot when it was new

• I just started listening to some songs I was into in the 00's, enjoying the nostalgia trip. Basically Guitar Hero 3 songs hah

• Yeah things like that would definitely have to be fixed in a modern version of course. Nothing that makes the game unplayable imo but it still wouldn't fly today. The difficulty would probably be nerfed to all hell though

• Feeling tired and bored while stuck at home alone. Edit: I also seem to have caught a cold...

• Agreed with Khao. My memory may be failing me, but right now the constant respawning at the beginning is the one thing I can recall being a big problem with AoL.

• CAPTION! That Screenshot! II

ich Will - - General Zelda

The new Zelda spinoff series - Pink and Ganny

• ^That's cool, could see myself buying it. Speaking of old-school shooters, Turok and Turok 2 are coming to the Switch if anyone here is interested.

• I think Zelda 2 holds up a little better than people tend to think, I got far with patience and persistence. Metroid struck me as being significantly more tedious

• BotW's Hyrule Castle is also special because it's an important location for the series as a whole, but it's also specifically important for BotW because of the build-up it gets, not just because Zelda and Ganon are there, but also because she communicates with you, and you can see it in the distance starting with an early point in the game. It's also one of the more difficult places and even has some interesting lore in the form of journals and memories tied to it, with one of them specifically …

• I'd say HMs were ok for the first and second generation, maybe even the third, but personally I had been playing since the first generation and it didn't take very long for them to feel outdated. The current solution that was introduced in Sun/Moon is probably the one we'll see again rather than Let's Go's, since Game Freak presumably doesn't want to (or can't?) create new animations for the many Pokémon you'd be able to ride in Shield/Sword. In Let's Go you only had access to the Kanto original…

• Yeah I guess you could say that bugs don't fear the dark, and both can be seen as fears of the mind anyway along with ghosts. But then does that mean ghosts are afraid of the dark? Not to mention the dark-type is somehow both the dark element but also when a Pokemon uses underhanded tactics? It might be best not too think about it too much, game balance is presumably the first thing they think of with these things.

• Don't read the comments on Jim Sterling's video, you'll lose faith in humanity. Feels like literally anything shitty could happen and these kinds of people would still trivialize it and make excuses. Then again, YouTube comments are shit and that's definitely not new information. Still I hope these people are just a vocal minority. I'm tempted to ask what's wrong with gamers, but I think you could say this applies to society as a whole?

• Not exactly seeing why Galar is suddenly not based on the UK. Galar may be a place in Spain but so far what we've seen from the game only shows UK-inspired things, that's not to say that there couldn't be some Spanish influence in some parts though. Kalos was mostly supposed to be based on France but was clearly influence by other parts of Europe as well.

• Not sure I'd be against it, it might work but it's not exactly high on the list of priorities for me. I'd rather see other improvements to the series first, like a hard mode, an improved overworld, improved visuals, etc.

• Odd Gaming Habits

ich Will - - General Gaming

You name it, chances are I do it: Not using better stuff because the time to use it "isn't now" while the right time never seems to come (or so I may tell myself), conserving resources too much to the point of just stockpiling, not wanting to miss alternate paths, looting everything I see, feeling like I might want to start over for not picking the optimal path, stat, or appearance, being wary of selling things when I probably need to, leading to a constantly full inventory... Can't think of any…

• Dusk. It's an FPS indie inspired by titles like Quake, Doom, and Duke Nukem. The graphics are intentionally made to look outdated with low quality polygons, and you can turn on a bunch of effects to make it look older. Now I was into FPS games on the N64 like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Turok, and even Duke Nukem, but Dusk is really fast compared to those games and it has that whole demon horror thing going on which isn't really my thing. So why did I buy it then? It was cheap and I just couldn't f…

• What gamtos said is part of the reason I don't intend to get a driver's license. Granted we have so much public transport here that it feels a bit unnecessary. And you save money. Although the privacy and speed of personal transport are things I also value.

• So basically, Grookey is based on a musician and Scorbunny is based on an athlete (a soccer or rugby player or a runner). What's Sobble based on then? I was thinking a poet or a painter considering its introvert nature, but then again you could say it's a marksman considering how it shoots water from afar while camouflaged. Still not sure how its timidness could relate to that or how any of this could be inspired by the UK.

• Even someone as nice as Winnie has had enough of Game Freak's antics x)

• Quote from MVS: “I stroooongly doubt that Sobble eventually will evolve into a water/ghost-type. Doesn't make sense. Like, I mean, it can already get invisible WITHOUT being a ghost-type, so why would the ghost-type be necessary later? Am I missing something? ” It's also that it's said to be a timid creature that cries easily. But I also think it could be Psychic instead. I also think Grookey could be Dark because it's said to be mischievous, I believe? Still not easy to tell so far.

• So, some guesses - some wacky - as to what the secondary types could be for the starters: Grookey -- Grass/Fairy or Grass/Normal because 'groovy monkey' as the above post states, and those are the two types normally associated with sound (music in this case) in Pokémon. Grass/Rock could be a thing if you consider how it was drumming on a rock in the cinematic. Scorbunny -- Fire/Electric because the latter is also associated with speed. Or Fire/Steel if the soccer theme is anything to go by, socc…

• I'd say Scorbunny's name isn't much better than Grookie's, since it literally has the word 'bunny' in there... Also some fake designs ended up being right in that the grass starter would be a monkey or ape and that the fire starter would be a bunny: (Hidden Content) I think the fake bunny looks better than the real one. The fake monkey/ape sucks though. It's too early to say which one I'd pick since we haven't seen their later stages, but I usually go for the water starter and whatever version r…

• Agreed, hope that goes well for you Big Daddy and Ty. Anyway, I'd complain about something to contribute to the general topic of this thread but I'd just end up mentioning something others do that annoys me that I probably also do myself, that's how it usually goes when I post here hah.