Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Search Results
Search results 1-40 of 106.
  • -Redacted-

THE_DUDE_xD - - Advertising

-Recdacted-

• Quote from Bomb Arrow: “I had thought of a boss that would be actually a large tree within the depths of the dungeon (think more like a beanstalk, except wooden instead of all green and flexible) where Link has to hit a core on it protected by thick bark that Link needs to use a Ball and Chain sort of weapon to crack open and attack the weak spot. In the meantime, he's got to battle constantly blooming and blossoming pods that either shoot out hazards at him or release monsters to be destroyed. …

• Transportation?

THE_DUDE_xD - - Future Zelda

I'd love to see Link riding a jetpack :3 IMO though, anything that fit's into a high-fantasy/medieval setting as far as transportation goes is good. Perhaps a magic ability that allows the player to summon things to ride, perhaps more forms of transformation, perhaps something like the bunny hood from MM?

• Post-apocalyptic game?

Wait, so you want the Zelda series to be The Elder Scrolls meshed with Fallout... ok?...

• Monster Death Animations

I love how monster death animations turned into people who are for lack of a better term, tone deaf, discussing the finer points of music in the Legend of Zelda series. Idk, it's probably because I spent 8 years in band, but I find absolutely no problem with the music in any Zelda games, I know the main melodies and most accompanying parts for nearly every track in the series. I also suppose it's because I listen to an extremely wide variety of music (minus Rap, Hip Hop, Techno, Dubstep, R & B) …

• Well excuuuuuuse me MrRowdy! IMO, it would be a somewhat decent aspect for the game to take, as long as it forbids the player from being an evil/malicious character it should be fine. After all, it would reinforce the very purpose of Link being a 'link' to the person who is playing the game by allowing the player to not only project his/her image onto Link, but would be able to project actions onto said character as well to a degree not seen thusfar.

• Quote from Miss Poe: “How does Shade work? Where do you find him and how often does he show up?” It's an AI programmed into the game to act as a player, that has a set series of Shadow Links of different names that you can battle (also AI's) in different arenas -- they are all preset. The user 'Shade' and the Dark Link AIs will appear one at a time, after 5 hours of non-idle play on A Link Between Worlds; meaning, no pausing, and no standing still -- I confirmed it has to be non-idle play by tes…

• Quote from Double A: “After reading your post, it seems you're... completely ignoring everything that's been said, both in this thread and in the other thread in which we conversed. If AonuMoto have any issues with the sorts of improvements that have been brought up in this thread, we should be questioning if they know what "Action-Adventure" is all about. Certainly, nobody here seems to disagree that the things we mention are legitimate improvements, and I'd be willing to bet that reviewers wou…

• "Am I the only one who..." Didn't even finish reading the title because the answer is No.

• Quote from Erikson: “This is why I want to see Retro Studios' take on Zelda.” Talk about being able to make some of the most challenging games ever, both in puzzles, critical thought, and combat. Ok, so, try playing Metroid Prime 2: Echoes on Hypermode difficulty (Trilogy Edition Disc - Wii), doing a Low% (22%) playthrough with no deaths and no saves. <- That right there is insanely difficult to do, moreso than other widely difficult games such as Battletoads, Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels, …

• After reading through the last few pages of posts it seems people are... uneducated on what are the best received Zelda games; here's a Monkey Wrench for your assumptions that your opinions are the majority. What people here seem to have failed to realize is why the Zelda series is widely popular; and that reason is because nearly every aspect of the game varies from game to game save the overarching Formula being Completion of multiple dungeons then final boss. The art style, graphic fidelity, …

• Quote from Canyarion: “Which is true for every eShop game. Without that, people could just pirate all the games. And it doesn't really matter that the game was free once... Nintendo did not intent this game to be freeware, to be copied by every 3DS user. Did you guys see all the comments on the TLoZ facebook post? More than half the comments are asking why it's exclusive to NA. And there are still requests on Miiverse now and then. I hope somebody's paying attention!” Umm, no? I have many eShop …

• SOOO glad I got this game when the first DL round was out years ago, I thought it would never be re-released. One thing that ticks me off though is how one cannot copy the game to the SD card in the 3DS, meaning the title is system-specific. So if you all have more than one 3DS, it would behoove you to download it on all your systems.

• Glitching, etc... is the coward's way of going about finishing a game; hence the reason I disregard 90% of speedruns because they don't play the game the way it's meant to be played solely for a shorter time; it's akin to a member of the MLB using Steroids to increase his stats.

• Zelda Wii U Prediction Thread

Quote from bloop: “It will probably happen in the child timeline or before the split, because in the downfall and adult timelines most of the games are handheld. I believe it will happen after SS, when link needs to clear the land to build hyrule/ when hyrule is being built/hyrule was already built. Another thing they could do (but it probably won't happen) is creating a game which explains the timeline split (The split happens ingame). If it does happen, it will be awsome! Also - have you seen …

• Quote from JustAnyZeldaFan: “*Lelouch Oddly enough, even though I have said before that I'm not much of an anime-watcher, I have seen Code Geass (though I didn't watch it all the way through). That being said, I don't agree with you about having Link's voice be the same one as the English dub for Lelouch. I couldn't take him seriously. For one, it's too deep. But more importantly, his voice screams elitist and ostentatious, both of which are very unfitting for Link. I'm not sure who would do a g…

• Honestly, I believe it will end when the Creator, Shigeru Miyamoto dies; there's not anyone else other than him capable of properly holding the torch leading the way forward with the series. Even now, despite him not being in direct control over EAD 3, Eiji Aonuma still has to report back to Miyamoto on his, and the team's ideas for future Zelda games, and if Miyamoto doesn't think it fits within the series, or will benefit the series universally, then it's scrapped. So when Miyamoto dies, I bel…

• Quote from Double A: “Whoo. It's been ages since I really split up a post like this. Basically, anyone who's wise enough to see the patterns among the criticisms of Zelda games instead of going "ohey look there's criticism that doesn't make sense on a first glance, better ignore it lol". The point is that if you read between the lines, you can see beyond a fanbase that superficially appears to want one thing and then the opposite thing. I don't for a second believe that it's impossible to create…

• Quote from Double A: “It shouldn't look up to anything, but ALBW is better than most other Zelda games to draw inspiration from. Alternatively, Nintendo are differentiating where they shouldn't differentiate and maintaining a formula where they shouldn't maintain a formula (try paying attention to which parts of the games are considered "too different" or "too similar" - there exists parts even in Skyward Sword that are considered "too similar"). It's not as if these complaints are based on air,…

• I'm calling it! When the game is made, all the faux-Zelda fans will come out of the woodwork and complain and whine about the game being 'too different/new' from previous titles AND being 'too similar/rehashed' from previous titles. Then they will proceed to whine and complain about what they think Miyamoto's series should be because they feel entitled to dictate what direction the Zelda series goes in.

• Here's my take on the majority of whiny adult-children Zelda fans: "WHAAAA!!!!! I hated Skyward Sword because it was too different! *pitches fit*" or "WHAAAA!!!!! I hated A Link Between Worlds because it was too similar! *pitches fit*" So bottom line is, I don't really give a fuck what the pseudo-fans here may want, and for that matter neither does Miyamoto (since he is the sole creator of the series, not you all) or Aonuma (who only includes cameos to shut whiny fans up who spam NCL's inboxes w…

• LOL no; there is absolutely no way that Nintendo will go mobile, so long as they want to keep their series held in high regard, and so long as they have $10.5 billion in liquid assets.

• Quote from PandomCastiel: “I would like to see the 'businessman villian' who fights less with brute physical force, but is more of a coward that has a political power. Of course, they would have to make it work because that can fall a part easily. It's interesting and fresh.” It'd fall apart easily because a master swordsman, legendary hero would kill all these yuppies and white-collar villains easily; the only true way to make a villain that will work with the Zelda series is to make someone wh…

• Quote from Haru17: “The point of a series is to deliver a succession of similar products to a consumer base that desires said products. I'm open to innovation, but what Nintendo tried to do in Skyward Sword hurt the quality of the product. Both new and old ideas can be bad or executed poorly. Neither is inherently better or worse. If we had a bunch of OoT, MM, WW, or TP sequels forever I'd be fine because this were all quality products. New innovations can be good, but there's so much establishe…

• Quote from Haru17: “I am so done with characters like Yuga, the clown mini game guy in Skyward Sword, and all of the other annoying flamboyant ones. They serve no purpose other than to deliver painfully loud tones to my ears and garish tones to my eyes. I acknowledge that twilight princess appeals to teenagers, but that doesn't make the art style bad. This is cool to plenty of people: tumblr_m7bqrawefL1rb3pzvo1_1280.png While still not being this: 287005_Papel-de-Parede-Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfa…

• Quote from WTFpoll: “What Nintendo Character Are You? You got: Samus Aran Nintendo You don’t have time for nonsense. People who walk slow on the sidewalk drive you nuts. You’re a confident go-getter and nobody’s gonna stand in your way. x3g947.jpg ” Sounds legit, don't have a problem with this, especially the not letting idiots stand in my way part. And just in-case anyone is interested in the answers I gave, here they are: For Pick a Party Song, I guessed, 'Dancing on my Own" randomly since I h…

• "Michael Pachter analyzes the fall of his relevancy in gaming media" Fixed the title for you. Michael Pachter is the most idiotic, ignorant, bias, impotent, illogical, impulsive, unintelligent, and incompetent person in the ENTIRE game industry; quite literally everything he publishes is a clickbait article intended to generate hate amongst people within the game industry. The only place that comes close to being as incompetent as Michael Pachter is the entire Eurogamer staff, for doing the exac…

• Ok first off, I'm not 100% sure this is the correct place to post this (advertising forum said not to advertise something we didn't make), but if it doesn't belong in this section, someone can feel free to move this. So, I'm a member of many different gaming sites, one of them being IGN, so as I was browsing their site to see if they had any decent news/leaked info on their boards, I came across a thread for this game. The game is called ReVeN, made by an indie group of developers in Dallas, Tex…

• Well, I suppose it depends on the context of the game, since they released the official timeline in Hyrule Historia, whether we like it or not, they are bound to it in one way or another. In all three timelines Ganondorf is killed (not just sealed, but killed outright), if the Zelda Wii U game comes after Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, in the downfall timeline, they cannot bring the character back, unless they want to retcon events and decrease the series mythos. If the game takes place after …

• @Haru17, you want an example of a game that has a fantastic and detailed, but subtle and minimalist story/plot? Look no further than Metroid Prime. Granted, it's a Sci-fi FPS, the mechanics that allow it having such a great, minimalist story can easily be brought in to the Zelda series. Where Metroid Prime uses the scanning feature to gather lore and data on the world, the inhabitants, the enemies, and events, the Zelda series could utilize being able to read through books, read runes (in Hylian…

• I wonder how good he is at playing Skyward Sword; I'm sure that George Lucas taught him all the ins and outs of the Force that he'd be able to utilize in that game, along with the lightsabre combat.

• Quote from Topaz Mutiny: “I'm gonna call that if they do go the route of player-defined story/paths, it's going to fail horribly. In my eyes, there hasn't been a videogame TO DATE that has done this sort of thing successfully, let alone adequately. There's been mediocre, somewhat enjoyable attempts at such, but I don't trust Nintendo to do this sort of thing perfectly the first time. Especially for a game series that is actually rather infamous for its "but thou must" moments. And yes, I am a re…

• Quote from Justin: “I'm imagining games that are smaller, even by handheld standards. The sort of things that I had in mind were the short, addicting types of games that anyone would play when they have nothing but their phone on them. It wouldn't replace Nintendo's main handheld market in my mind, which for the most part offer more immersion. Sort of like mini-games to get their name out into a new medium.” You mean stuff like Dr. Mario right? I'm opposed to Nintendo putting any of their full g…

• Ok, I'm calling it: Zelda Wii U will have explosive-tipped arrows - my favorite part Twilight Princess, using bomb arrows on EVERYTHING Including the fun parts where I used them as artillery. It's going to be epic. 2i7xzit.png

• Eye spy someone who would be extremely good at concept art working for EAD 3.

• Quote from gamtos: “The Lorule Triforce fits into the Hyrule Triforce in a much more elegant way. 1zp661s.png Umbrella Corporation True Force theory confirmed.” Omg, is that why there were zombie Bokoblins in Skyward Sword? Hmmm... Interesting...

• Confused and lost need help

THE_DUDE_xD - - Modern Zelda

Quote from Jfeller: “I have been playing for a while, but I am stuck. I just finished the eastern temple and gained the ability to merge. I went to my house to start renting items and nothing is there. I then went to my guide restarted a new game followed guide word for word and still the same problem. Can anyone help me? I really like this game and would like to continue it.” (Hidden Content)

• BE SURE that you don't let it even so much as touch fire while you have it, or it will instantly incinerate; don't worry, the fire won't hurt you.

• Termina in Lorule?

THE_DUDE_xD - - Theorizing

Yes, this thread needs to be moved to the fantheory section, after all, it's considered an AU technically since Aonuma said Lorule is a completely new world.

• I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but nintendo removed this version from OoT because Muslim extremists were sending death threats to them. Hell, they changed the entire Gerudo emblem from the Muslim crescent to what it is in later versions of OoT, and other games.